NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning

2 posters

Go down

Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning Empty Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

I have family flying in from Atlanta on a 10am flight Christmas Eve morning (wed) to a Newark landing at noon. Right now I would say it's not looking to good. Any updates as we near the day would be greatly appreciated. I'm still hoping this freaking GLC is not as strong as indicated, especially wind wise.

Thanks in advance.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning Empty Re: Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:48 am

The heaviest of the rain is not expected until mid afternoon on Wednesday. Also, the high wind gusts are not expected until later that night into Xmas Day. Rain will begin around 7am Wednesday, but it looks light to moderate by 10 am. Should be ok. I'll update again on Monday.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning Empty Re: Travel Weather East Coast, Christmas Eve Morning

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:02 am

Frank_Wx wrote:The heaviest of the rain is not expected until mid afternoon on Wednesday. Also, the high wind gusts are not expected until later that night into Xmas Day. Rain will begin around 7am Wednesday, but it looks light to moderate by 10 am. Should be ok. I'll update again on Monday.

Thanks for the update Frank. You've given me a glimmer of hope. My oldest is flying in with his girlfriend. I'd hate for them to get delayed.

Any other updates before then are greatly appreciated. Even by wife the weather hater.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:57 am

Anyone have any updates on this. I'm starting to think it may not be as strong as originally forecast which may help regarding flight delays. Any truth to that?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum