NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont)

2 posters

Go down

Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont) Empty Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont)

Post by tigernumba1 Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello everyone,

So I am going to Mount Snow with my buddies from Jan. 11th to the 17th to go skiing. They have not had a good season so far (Nobody really has in northeast), but maybe there are some possible storms to help make my trip better. From what i have seen it looks like this weekends storm will give them a decent amount of snow with some rain in between. I was wondering if there are any chances for more snow in southern Vermont before Jan. 11th? Some of the long range forecasts I have seen show a disturbance around the 11th, does anyone else have any information on that? Bottom line is I am wondering if there is any chance at a snowstorm there before the 11th and on the flip side I know we might warm up after Jan. 10th, will that warm up bring temps above 40 to Southern VT?

Thanks,
Ryan
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont) Empty Re: Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont)

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello Ryan, 

That time period is when the arctic blast is expected to move out of the region as the PV lifts north. I still think you'll experience temps mainly in the 30's and even 20's. Interestingly enough, some guidance believes a light to moderate snowstorm could occur around the 11th--12th. Then another system possible around the 16th as the pattern looks to get very active by mid month. The exact track of these storms won't be known for awhile, but the good news is I don't think it'll be that warm and I'm not buying into rain for that area right now either.

Bump this thread again around the 6th and I'll give you more details.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont) Empty Re: Vacation Mount Snow (Southern Vermont)

Post by tigernumba1 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Hello Ryan, 

That time period is when the arctic blast is expected to move out of the region as the PV lifts north. I still think you'll experience temps mainly in the 30's and even 20's. Interestingly enough, some guidance believes a light to moderate snowstorm could occur around the 11th--12th. Then another system possible around the 16th as the pattern looks to get very active by mid month. The exact track of these storms won't be known for awhile, but the good news is I don't think it'll be that warm and I'm not buying into rain for that area right now either.

Bump this thread again around the 6th and I'll give you more details.

Ok thanks Frank!
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Post by tigernumba1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 pm

So looks like high temps will be in the upper teens low 20's for the week (good news for snow making) but I'd love to get some fresh natural powder lol. Hopefully a coastal storm can verify and at least clip southern vermont. Any thoughts on the possible storm threats Frank? Looks like there are chances for snow basically every day up there for the next week or so but is there any time frame that could produce a large snow event?
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 am

tigernumba1 wrote:So looks like high temps will be in the upper teens low 20's for the week (good news for snow making) but I'd love to get some fresh natural powder lol.  Hopefully a coastal storm can verify and at least clip southern vermont.  Any thoughts on the possible storm threats Frank?  Looks like there are chances for snow basically every day up there for the next week or so but is there any time frame that could produce a large snow event?

Ryan, 

It looks like Wednesday the 14th is the best shot of moderate snowfall. There's a chance the storm still misses to the south and east though, so I'll keep an eye on it. And yea, temps will be plenty cold wiwithout threat of snow showers almost every day. We're also watching the 16th for a coastal storm that could effect our area as well, not just VT

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by tigernumba1 Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 am

Frank_Wx wrote:
tigernumba1 wrote:So looks like high temps will be in the upper teens low 20's for the week (good news for snow making) but I'd love to get some fresh natural powder lol.  Hopefully a coastal storm can verify and at least clip southern vermont.  Any thoughts on the possible storm threats Frank?  Looks like there are chances for snow basically every day up there for the next week or so but is there any time frame that could produce a large snow event?

Ryan, 

It looks like Wednesday the 14th is the best shot of moderate snowfall. There's a chance the storm still misses to the south and east though, so I'll keep an eye on it. And yea, temps will be plenty cold wiwithout threat of snow showers almost every day. We're also watching the 16th for a coastal storm that could effect our area as well, not just VT

Thanks again Frank! Ill hope for the best
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Looks like Monday, Friday,  and Saturday could see some snow. Temps well below freezing all week. Have fun!

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by tigernumba1 Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:43 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Looks like Monday, Friday,  and Saturday could see some snow. Temps well below freezing all week. Have fun!

Thanks! Im hoping we squeeze out something decent on monday night for snow... we shall see
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Post by tigernumba1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Just got home from my vacation. Just wanted to say thanks again Frank. You were pretty spot on with the forecast. It was very cold all week and the first night we got up there(last Sunday night) into Monday we received 7 inches of powder which made for great skiing conditions all week!

Thanks again,
Ryan

Now lets hope we get some action back home. Looks like we have some good opportunities in the future!
tigernumba1
tigernumba1

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Awesome Ryan glad mother nature delivered.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum