NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ft lauderdale,fla.

2 posters

Go down

ft lauderdale,fla. Empty ft lauderdale,fla.

Post by GreyBeard Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Hey Frank,I know you've been a busy guy with new job,major snowstorm,and hotel living,but if you could find the time I'd appreciate any input you could give me on this trip. Going down to celebrate my Dad's 90th. birthday,Moms 85th. and their 63rd wedding anniversary. I'm actually more concerned about getting out of NY .Flight is Wednesday 2/4/15 9:30 PM out of LGA,returning Sunday 2/8/15 10AM.I realize its a week away but just thought I'd put it out there.

Oh,and if you have any info about the weather down there during this time frame, well that would be helpful too.Thanks so much.

Jim

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

ft lauderdale,fla. Empty Re: ft lauderdale,fla.

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Jim,

Another storm is set to hit the northeast on the 2nd. Behind that system, High Pressure is expected to move in and give us a stretch of sunny weather. Temps will be very cold though. On the 4th, you should be good to go for takeoff unless some clipper emerges out of nowhere. I doubt it though but will keep you updated.

The weather in Florida should be great with temps mainly in the 70's. I think you could hit 80 one or two days during that week, but mainly 70's and perhaps even cooler once a cold front passes through. You'll see mainly sunny conditions with some rain from a cold front.

Remind me for a 2nd update later this week just in case I forget

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Much appreciated Frank. I will be nice to escape winter if only for a couple of days.Thanks very much.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:29 am

Anything worth updating on this trip, Frank? From what I'm seeing the weather down in Fla. looks to be a bit wet and breezy, we shall see. Noticed flights leaving LGA have been seeing some cancellations and a lot of postponements. I have a later flight as it is and any postponement puts me there in the middle of the night,anywhere between 2&3 UGH.Then the baggage claim,car rental,drive to the hotel, I'll be lucky to flop into bed by 4 lol.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:39 am

I still think you will be fine for take off on Wednesday. There does seem to be an arctic front passing by that could bring snow flurries or showers, but it's not enough to postpone a flight. Winds don't look bad either.

ft lauderdale,fla. GFS_MSLPThickQPF_ne_f75

Thursday looks pretty wet in the morning and early afternoon but looks to clear up after 4pm. There is a low pressure system passing through the center of the country bringing rain and possible t-storms.

ft lauderdale,fla. GFS_MSLPThickQPF_se_f90

Thursday should be the only day you see rain down there. Friday-Sunday looks sunny but temps. are not as warm as I originally though. The front that comes by on Thursday really sets them back. Go figure the warmest day looks to be the day you leave, Sunday.

ft lauderdale,fla. Gfs_t2m_b_florida_28

Otherwise, the days you are there looks like mainly 60's...low 70's tops. Bring some sweat shirts.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks for the update.60's and 70's won't seem so bad coming from 20's and 30's.Will definitely take your advice and pack some sweats. If your prediction of only one rainy day comes about well that is not too bad.And of course the day we leave will be the warmest,but flight out is at 7AM so won't get to enjoy that. It is what it is. Appreciate your time and input,thanks.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello again,Frank.NWS is showing a chance for rain and snow tomorrow night,but don't see any mention of it here. What do you think?

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:48 pm

It looks like the Thursday storm moved up in time to Wednesday. Look for rain Wednesday mid morning until Thursday morning. This also means you may get a nice days of warm temps on Saturday. Also, don't bet on any snow tomorrow night. Don't see that happening.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 pm

Thanks buddy,just hope I can get out of Dodge without any delays.Prognosis for sat. sounds good.I appreciate your time,molto grazie.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum