NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

2 posters

Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm 5346_527897487262015_1824744696_n

I am issuing a first call early because of the way my schedule is set up tonight into tomorrow. I will not release a final map until Sunday morning. A lot can still change between now and Sunday morning so I would take this map with a grain of salt at this point. But I just wanted to share my current thoughts.

1. There will be a cut off to the north. The storm occludes south of the benchmark and heads east-northeast from there.

2. Trends have been positive. I would not be surprised if I have to move the darker blues into our area.

3. Timing is still a bit unknown. But late Sunday night I think is when snow will begin to fall and it could persist through all day Monday.


Last edited by Frank_Wx on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 pm

P.S.- to any enthusiast that follow along, feel free to post your snow maps as well. I always like to see the differences and similarities.
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Quietace Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I posted this on the other board. But here is my idea...
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img703/6273/32221astcall2ndtry.png
For some reason my browser wont let me just paste pictures...
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3667
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 25
Location : Point Pleasant, NJ

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm

We pretty much match. In my eyes, 1-3/2-4 are the same. You just have the heavier axis confined in a smaller area. Nice map!
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Quietace Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:We pretty much match. In my eyes, 1-3/2-4 are the same. You just have the heavier axis confined in a smaller area. Nice map!
And i see much less near southern NJ coastal regions. Also, i put 2-4+ beacuse they could easly see more than that. The 1-3 areas are more confined to that solution. I didnt think they could see more. Other than that, we do match lol
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3667
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 25
Location : Point Pleasant, NJ

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Quietace wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:We pretty much match. In my eyes, 1-3/2-4 are the same. You just have the heavier axis confined in a smaller area. Nice map!
And i see much less near southern NJ coastal regions. Also, i put 2-4+ beacuse they could easly see more than that. The 1-3 areas are more confined to that solution. I didnt think they could see more. Other than that, we do match lol

That axis from DC to SNJ should make out ok. The secondary will transfer to their south and the storm will track off the coast to their right, so cold air should be able to wrap around fine. I do not doubt they will see mixing, but I think they will also see more qpf that makes up for the higher snowfall totals. All depends on the timing
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Quietace Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
Quietace wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:We pretty much match. In my eyes, 1-3/2-4 are the same. You just have the heavier axis confined in a smaller area. Nice map!
And i see much less near southern NJ coastal regions. Also, i put 2-4+ beacuse they could easly see more than that. The 1-3 areas are more confined to that solution. I didnt think they could see more. Other than that, we do match lol

That axis from DC to SNJ should make out ok. The secondary will transfer to their south and the storm will track off the coast to their right, so cold air should be able to wrap around fine. I do not doubt they will see mixing, but I think they will also see more qpf that makes up for the higher snowfall totals. All depends on the timing
Yes, but i tend to notice that even with colder air in place at the surface, places like were i am located see more mixing problems due to the elevated ocean temps. Always rises temps a few degrees, more even south of me. The influence of the ocean near the coast is more than what people make it out to be (even with a N wind). Just a observation i have noticed. Though i hope your right, and see how you can (we are dealing with a sub 985mb, plenty of strength to pull in cold air)
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3667
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 25
Location : Point Pleasant, NJ

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Quietace wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
Quietace wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:We pretty much match. In my eyes, 1-3/2-4 are the same. You just have the heavier axis confined in a smaller area. Nice map!
And i see much less near southern NJ coastal regions. Also, i put 2-4+ beacuse they could easly see more than that. The 1-3 areas are more confined to that solution. I didnt think they could see more. Other than that, we do match lol

That axis from DC to SNJ should make out ok. The secondary will transfer to their south and the storm will track off the coast to their right, so cold air should be able to wrap around fine. I do not doubt they will see mixing, but I think they will also see more qpf that makes up for the higher snowfall totals. All depends on the timing
Yes, but i tend to notice that even with colder air in place at the surface, places like were i am located see more mixing problems due to the elevated ocean temps. Always rises temps a few degrees, more even south of me. The influence of the ocean near the coast is more than what people make it out to be (even with a N wind). Just a observation i have noticed. Though i hope your right, and see how you can (we are dealing with a sub 985mb, plenty of strength to pull in cold air)

Most accumulations will be on the grass anyway. Doubt roadways get bad
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map March 24th-25th Storm

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum