NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla

+9
docstox12
Grselig
CPcantmeasuresnow
jmanley32
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
Dunnzoo
amugs
Frank_Wx
13 posters

Go down

"A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla  Empty "A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:35 pm

A member from the old forum did something similar to this. It was pretty funny. I tried to do the same but admit I had a tough time with it. If your name is not mentioned, please do not be discouraged. There are so many names I tried to think of and try to include. This is a script of what the forum looks like before a Godzilla snowstorm is set to hit our area...

-jmanley warns there is a Godzilla off the coast on the 350 hour run of the GFS. He talks about the impacts it could have, especially the high winds and possible power outages

-sroc bursts his bubble to remind him it's in fantasy range and too much can change between now and then

-syosnow does not believe it. He dismisses any chance of a storm and would rather count how many times he can say "bust" in a 24-hour period

-Frank takes note of the storm but cautions the upper level pattern may not support a Godzilla

~~~1 week later and this storm is still modeled to happen~~~

-Frank releases a blog highlighting the pattern, different model scenarios, and possible effects. Most people pretend to read it but truthfully skip to the conclusion of the blog to see the snow map

-docstox praises my song choice and knowledge of the weather

-SoulSing cheers Frank's name multiple times as if he's a disciple of the Lord

-rb compliments the blog but gives his own perspective and insight to what the models are trying to do

-amugs notions this could be "big" but we need to see more agreement

-jmanley asks 5 questions in one post wondering where algae is and his thoughts on it

-Dunnzoo answers the questions of the posters Frank does not feel like replying too because he does not know anything about public transportation

-Math compares the setup to a storm he remembers when he was in his mothers womb. The lurkers are amazed of his memory

-QuietAce posts random funny memes 

-algae finally answers jmanley at 3am and downplays the event

-sroc creates his own fantastic blog and gets lots of praise for his ability to break down complex maps

-Frank posts the 00z EURO showing an epic hit and he goes into a frenzy

-jmanley excitement level reaches its max and he starts to salivate while typing

-NJWeatherGuy tempers his excitement until he sees the 6z GFS

-algae stays up until the 6z NAM/GFS runs and posts them for everyone to see

~~~This storm is set to bring us 12+ inches of snow and we're just 24 hours from first flakes in our area~~~

-Frank awakens from his sleep to log on to 60 unread emails and private messages from members asking about timing and snow amounts in their backyards

-jmanley worries about the NAM shifting east and missing us

-syosnow claims it's over. Bust.

-Frank curses syosnow out and declares the NAM the nickname "Not A Model"

-sroc supports Frank in cursing him out, just in a nicer manner

-CPcantmeasuresnow asks what the other models are showing and begins talking about how the coast has done better than NW areas recently

-aiannone is screwed because he's in Vermont and Long Island is getting more snow. Sucks to suck

-weatherwatchermom tells us what Lonnie Quinn said. Probably 0 inches

-amugs makes a reassuring post to calm the masses

-Frank releases his final call snow map

-Dunnzoo shares the map on her facebook page and all the haters come out to say how much they loathe snow. Meanwhile, she's mixing drinks using Bailey's

-nutleyblizzard wonders when the next model runs come out and cautions I may have to update my snow map

-SNOW MAN asks about PA and ponders whether he should go to his mothers who seems to have been getting the best snows these last few years over him

-RJB and billg are trying to figure out who to believe and why there's a bunch of psychos talking about a NAM run

-SoulSing criticizes the TV Mets for their stubbornness to change their snow maps. Emojis everywhere!

-skinsfan asks Frank about timing and tries to get QuietAce's attention, who is still posting memes

-QuietAce acknowledges skins and tells him why the Jersey shore won't see as much snow as he's hoping

-oldtimer wonders how Long Island looks in all of this

-Frank calls him his paisan and tells him he could be in the jackpot

-syosnow posts what the NWS is saying and wonders why Frank is in disagreement with them

-Frank tells syosnow to read his blog from 2 days ago which explains everything he needs to know

-jmanley is getting prepared for the hurricane force winds and is notifying work he may not come in the morning

-skinsfan tells work about the storm but they still sit on their ass doing nothing about it

-Frank posts the 00z GFS run showing us all getting creamed and everyone cheers as if they just hit PowerBall

-amugs goes crazy. Grammatical errors....everywhere....

-Dunnzoo is drunk by now off of Bailey's with this being her favorite emoji:  drunken  drunken  drunken

-Math checks his phone during work break to see the breaking news about the GFS. His co-workers wonder why he got so hyper

-NJWeatherGuy knows a snow hole will develop over his town while those just 20 miles east get 3 feet of snow

-CPcantmeasuresnow begins plotting his attack on the Central Park zookeeper in the event they screw up their snow measurement

-docstox laughs at CP's comments and throws some Italian curse words in there

-Frank starts an observation thread

-rb worries about northeast PA and how he'll be the cut-off of the heavier snow bands

-Frank tells him of the frontogenesis in his area that may support intense snow rates, but rb is cautiously optimistic

-Jim Cantore is shown on multiple news outlets erupting with joy after hearing thunder snow

-aiannone goes to meet Jim Cantore just because

-cooladi posts from 1 World Trade about how beautiful it is but also worries about the commute home

-Joe Snow posts amazing radar graphics and Frank wonders why he can't get that program

-CPcantmeasuresnow and docstox curse out the "coasties" for winning again

-QuietAce claims Point Pleasant is the new snow capital of the world

-skinsfans agrees

-Random Person argues with Frank to remove the damn birds from his signature

-CPcantmeasuresnow curses out the zookeeper and wonders if animals really do take the snow measurements. He creates a thread to express his frustration and asks us to email the NWS to get their **** together.

-Frank makes a post showing how accurate his snow map was

-Members bow down to him, namely syosnow

-jmanley already has a post in banter looking at the next GFS threat 300+ hours out.

And we're back to the beginning...

Last edited by Frank_Wx on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla  Empty Re: "A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla

Post by amugs Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Frank - this must be archived - hilarious and spot on kid!! Very Happy
Just like a family should be and I can not wait to hear the responses from eh rest of our family here!
Oh and yuo forgot the war room where you get 9 million how much in my backyard questions! aiannone pm'ing to ask me if we will have school!!!!

Classic and priceless. Thanks for doing this.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

"A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla  Empty Re: "A Day in the Life" of NJ Strong Wx before a Godzilla

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:23 pm

That's a hoot Frank...but I must add that mugsy and I share the Bailey's since he gave me the recipe! drunken drunken drunken

Snowfall winter of 2020-2021  51.1"

Snowfall winter of 2019-2020         8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Frank, it was on Thursday March 24th, 2011 that ltthedog (remember him) did his "a day in the life of the accu-board" It featured members such as historynerd and monkeydodles and of course, Bill Evans, the board moderator.  Right before the 7online weather board shut down, I copied and pasted it onto the off-topic thread, but Frank cleaned it out Sad

But yes, I love this one you made Frank, the day before "Juno" during my break at 11 AM I was freaking out looking at model updates and the posts on this forum and people turned to me wondering what happened.  Because it was crowded at the store that day, I worked an extra three hours there.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm

That was hilarious
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 am

OKay ya its totally true (I WAS long range weenie, wised up in 2 yrs though), but damn frank you busted on me alot there lol. Hey I don't believe this past year I gave super long range a glance and forget the wind stuff not even gonna mention it anymore lol. I do wonder what winter storm i ever said hurricane force winds about, was that the one alex went to cantore (so wish i could have gone to cape too)? Let me make sure not to ask 5 questions again pfff, next time I will do it in 5 seperate posts lol, totally kidding. All in good fun, I remember the bust stuff with syo lol. And ahh mugs and his big fingers : )
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:07 am

You know you gotta hand it to me though, I had it at 350 hrs and it was still coming less than a week out, got lucky i guess, and then BUST!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:11 am

@jmanley32 wrote:You know you gotta hand it to me though, I had it at 350 hrs and it was still coming less than a week out, got lucky i guess, and then BUST!

Haha

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:31 am

Classic, hilarious, and frighteningly accurate. We all need help, myself at the top of the list.

I agree with Mugs, this should be in its own thread.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Genius.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:04 am

Absolutely friggin' hilarious, the more time you put in the site here, the funnier it is with all the eccentricities and nuances.

Thinking of opening a Psychiatric Clinic on OTI in time for the winter season this year, after reading Frank's post, there are enough customers to keep it in business for months!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:20 am

hey Docs happy 4th was in Italy for a month good to be back. This post is funny good laugh.

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:50 pm

@docstox12 wrote:Absolutely friggin' hilarious, the more time you put in the site here, the funnier it is with all the eccentricities and nuances.

Thinking of opening a Psychiatric Clinic on OTI in time for the winter season this year, after reading Frank's post, there are enough customers to keep it in business for months!

Doc,

Who would be teh first customer umm patient I mean?? CP ?? JMAN?? SYO?? ME??
Heck, My English teachers - Ms. Patterson, Mrs. Zaccaria, Mrr. O'Neil, Mrs. Garay, Mr. Cocilovo would be rolling their eyes at my grammar and spelling - can't type for the life of me but can write a passage like Long Fellow - ahhahaha!!

Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Hey, jim, good to hear.Happy Fourth Paisan!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm

@amugs wrote:
@docstox12 wrote:Absolutely friggin' hilarious, the more time you put in the site here, the funnier it is with all the eccentricities and nuances.

Doc,

Who would be teh first customer umm patient I mean?? CP ?? JMAN?? SYO?? ME??
Heck, My English teachers - Ms. Patterson, Mrs. Zaccaria, Mrr. O'Neil, Mrs. Garay, Mr. Cocilovo would be rolling their eyes at my grammar and spelling - can't type for the life of me but can write a passage like Long Fellow - ahhahaha!!

Mugs

Mugsy, you know after reading that OTI thread that I am patient number one.I'm expecting the guys in the white suits with butterfly nets any day.

Don't give a rat's butt about grammar and spelling, all i want to do is wake up in the morning.That's the most important thing at my age.

Happy Fourth,Mugs!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by snow247 Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 am

Nicely done

Hope you all had a great 4th
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:52 am

Wow really funny and accurate but.......I thought I was the voice of reason on here. If you read above I sound like a lunatic!1 tongue tongue tongue Someone needs to remind Frank that he made a bet with me about a forecast of his and if I won I got to run the site for a week. OBVIOUSLY I won but decided to be nice about it and let Frank continue to rule the board Math verify this please. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Me a patient? I am pretty sure i am the only one here with a masters in social work therapy so if anything I will be running the group, but hey most therapists need one themselves after dealing with nuts all day, lol!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:23 am

As I say to people, J man, you've got to be nuts to see a psychiatrist!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Hahaha, this nailed it.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:10 am

Oh the lols I had at this ahaha this is amazing lmfao so true

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum