NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC to Bermuda Cruise 7/26-8/2

2 posters

Go down

NYC to Bermuda Cruise 7/26-8/2 Empty NYC to Bermuda Cruise 7/26-8/2

Post by Mumzy123 Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Hello Everyone, we are departing on a cruise this Sunday 7/26 from NYC, arriving in Bermuda on Wednesday 7/29. We will be heading back to NY Friday, arriving in port on 8/2. I am a little nervous because social media has been buzzing the last 2 days warning about anything from a Tropical Storm to a Category 1 Hurricane forming somewhere off the South East coast in the middle of next week. Any thoughts on the timeframe for potential storm developments? Thanks so much!

Mumzy
Mumzy123
Mumzy123

Back to top Go down

NYC to Bermuda Cruise 7/26-8/2 Empty Re: NYC to Bermuda Cruise 7/26-8/2

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello Mumzy!

It looks like you will be arriving in Bermuda just in time. Currently, the Bermuda High is displaced in the eastern Atlantic so they will be seeing plenty of rain this weekend through Tuesday. I do think additional rain is possible the day you arrive on Wednesday but mainly in the morning. By Thursday, the Bermuda High will return and you should see plenty of sun with temps in the 80s.

As for the tropical system...yes..the models do show something trying to develop just off the east coast. At this time, it's not shown to be tracking to Bermuda. But it will be interesting to see where it goes. Since you're returning to NYC on the 2nd - the same time frame some models are showing a tropical system in our area - your captain may decide to stay out to sea until the storm passes to the north.

It's still possible the tropical system does not develop. Either way, I do not think you should be too concerned. Captains know how to navigate around these things. I'll bring you an update on Monday.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mumzy123 Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 am

Thank You, Frank! I hope the storm does not materialize, but if it does, maybe the worst case for me then is an extra day of vacation Cool
Mumzy123
Mumzy123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum