NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by snow247 Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Wow pouring with good wind
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by NjWeatherGuy Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Ol remnants of patricia swirling in the center of the country now impressive radar signature.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by NjWeatherGuy Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 RAD_KDIX_N0R_ANI.thumb.gif.2490b93464db893dd512ce9c840c930a

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Mcd1893

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1893
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
0814 PM CDT WED OCT 28 2015

AREAS AFFECTED...NORTHEAST MD/EASTERN PA AND NJ

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY

VALID 290114Z - 290315Z

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...20 PERCENT

SUMMARY...THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY DAMAGING WINDS AND PERHAPS A
BRIEF TORNADO MAY SOMEWHAT INCREASE/SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD FROM
NORTHEAST MD INTO EASTERN PA/PARTS OF NJ THROUGH LATE EVENING.

DISCUSSION...A BAND OF CONVECTION WITH SEMI-PERSISTENT/EMBEDDED
LIGHTNING ACROSS NORTHERN MD AND SOUTHEAST/EAST-CENTRAL PA OF 9 PM
EDT/01Z HAS SHOWN SIGNS OF INCREASING ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST
HOUR INCLUDING THE EVOLUTION OF EMBEDDED BOWING SEGMENTS/COMMA HEAD
STRUCTURE. THIS IS OCCURRING WITHIN A HIGHLY SHEARED/WEAK CAPE
ENVIRONMENT...WITH THE 00Z WASHINGTON-DULLES OBSERVED SOUNDING
FEATURING AROUND 300 J/KG OF MLCAPE WITH 0-1 KM SRH ESTIMATED TO BE
ON THE ORDER OF 150-300 M2/S2 PER REGIONAL OBSERVED SOUNDING/WSR-88D
VWP DATA. THIS BAND OF CONVECTION COINCIDES WITH A SUB-SYNOPTIC
SURFACE LOW AND REGIONALLY MAXIMIZED CORRIDOR OF PRESSURE FALLS /2-3
MB PER 2-HR/. EVEN WHILE OVERALL BUOYANCY WILL REMAIN QUITE WEAK
WITHIN A BOUNDARY LAYER CHARACTERIZED BY LOWER/MIDDLE 60S F SURFACE
DEWPOINTS...INCREASING STORM-SCALE ORGANIZATION IS PROBABLE OVER THE
NEXT FEW HOURS WITH AID OF INCREASING FORCING FOR ASCENT/VERTICAL
SHEAR. IT IS REASONABLE TO EXPECT BANDS OF CONVECTION AND A RELATED
CORRIDOR OF ISOLATED/LOCALLY DAMAGING WIND POTENTIAL...AND PERHAPS A
NON-ZERO TORNADO RISK...TO CONTINUE TO SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD TONIGHT
ACROSS PORTIONS OF EASTERN PA AND NJ.

..GUYER/MEAD.. 10/29/2015


ATTN...WFO...OKX...PHI...BGM...CTP...LWX...

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by essexcountypete Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Ol remnants of patricia swirling in the center of the country now impressive radar signature.

That is impressive.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 576
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by NjWeatherGuy Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Mcd1893

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1893
  NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
  0814 PM CDT WED OCT 28 2015

  AREAS AFFECTED...NORTHEAST MD/EASTERN PA AND NJ

  CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY

  VALID 290114Z - 290315Z

  PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...20 PERCENT

  SUMMARY...THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY DAMAGING WINDS AND PERHAPS A
  BRIEF TORNADO MAY SOMEWHAT INCREASE/SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD FROM
  NORTHEAST MD INTO EASTERN PA/PARTS OF NJ THROUGH LATE EVENING.

  DISCUSSION...A BAND OF CONVECTION WITH SEMI-PERSISTENT/EMBEDDED
  LIGHTNING ACROSS NORTHERN MD AND SOUTHEAST/EAST-CENTRAL PA OF 9 PM
  EDT/01Z HAS SHOWN SIGNS OF INCREASING ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST
  HOUR INCLUDING THE EVOLUTION OF EMBEDDED BOWING SEGMENTS/COMMA HEAD
  STRUCTURE. THIS IS OCCURRING WITHIN A HIGHLY SHEARED/WEAK CAPE
  ENVIRONMENT...WITH THE 00Z WASHINGTON-DULLES OBSERVED SOUNDING
  FEATURING AROUND 300 J/KG OF MLCAPE WITH 0-1 KM SRH ESTIMATED TO BE
  ON THE ORDER OF 150-300 M2/S2 PER REGIONAL OBSERVED SOUNDING/WSR-88D
  VWP DATA. THIS BAND OF CONVECTION COINCIDES WITH A SUB-SYNOPTIC
  SURFACE LOW AND REGIONALLY MAXIMIZED CORRIDOR OF PRESSURE FALLS /2-3
  MB PER 2-HR/. EVEN WHILE OVERALL BUOYANCY WILL REMAIN QUITE WEAK
  WITHIN A BOUNDARY LAYER CHARACTERIZED BY LOWER/MIDDLE 60S F SURFACE
  DEWPOINTS...INCREASING STORM-SCALE ORGANIZATION IS PROBABLE OVER THE
  NEXT FEW HOURS WITH AID OF INCREASING FORCING FOR ASCENT/VERTICAL
  SHEAR. IT IS REASONABLE TO EXPECT BANDS OF CONVECTION AND A RELATED
  CORRIDOR OF ISOLATED/LOCALLY DAMAGING WIND POTENTIAL...AND PERHAPS A
  NON-ZERO TORNADO RISK...TO CONTINUE TO SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD TONIGHT
  ACROSS PORTIONS OF EASTERN PA AND NJ.

  ..GUYER/MEAD.. 10/29/2015


  ATTN...WFO...OKX...PHI...BGM...CTP...LWX...

Wow, noticed winds howling unusually loud when i went to the room with the window open. Thats a little freaky.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Just saw a flash of lightning in distance to the SW of me.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17941
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by essexcountypete Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:32 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:Just saw a flash of lightning in distance to the SW of me.

Yeah jman, that may have been the bolt that just hit just south of me. Big boom.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 576
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by essexcountypete Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Big cell rolling through Essex County. I heard the ticking of frozen pellets as the hard stuff was kicking in a moment ago.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 576
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Thunder and lightning here. Imoressive.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by snow247 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Pouring again with nice wind. 2.50" so far.
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by snow247 Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Flood advisory for NE NJ and SW HV.
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:19 pm

NWS statement says some areas seen 3+ already, wow. Some pretty strong einds here that come in bursts.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17941
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Math23x7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:37 pm

It has been POURING rain here in Bellerose with this heavy batch of rain:

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Wxbell13

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2288
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by snow247 Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:12 am

Just over 3" here total, not bad.
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by docstox12 Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:07 am

1.91 inches here so far.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by sroc4 Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:31 am

1.30" so far with another small volley moving in

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 WUNIDS_map?station=OKX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0.6282608695652174&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=480.3806228373702&centery=204.18685121107268&transx=80.3806228373702&transy=-35

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6869
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by amugs Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 am

2.0" great soaking rain - great fall day yesterday with raw temps, rain and wind

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12155
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by sroc4 Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:53 am

@sroc4 wrote:1.30" so far with another small volley moving in

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 WUNIDS_map?station=OKX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0.6282608695652174&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=480.3806228373702&centery=204.18685121107268&transx=80.3806228373702&transy=-35


1.37" total additional 0.07". Much needed rain, but was hoping for a tad more.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6869
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:41 am

Finished up with .88" here in Syosset.  Most areas of LI got about 1.00"  Nice soaking but a little disappointing based on predictions.  n/w did A LOT better.  Could this be a trend for the winter???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by sroc4 Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 am

syosnow94 wrote:Finished up with .88" here in Syosset.  Most areas of LI got about 1.00"  Nice soaking but a little disappointing based on predictions.  n/w did A LOT better.  Could this be a trend for the winter???

NAHHH!!!!!!!! shout

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6869
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by amugs Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:02 am

Let's all take a minute and remember this day 3 years ago when all of our worlds were rattled in one way or another by the BEAST!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/29/nyregion/new-york-today-in-hurricane-sandys-wake.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

http://www.nj.com/hurricanesandy/

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12155
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:37 am

@amugs wrote:Let's all take a minute and remember this day 3 years ago when all of our worlds were rattled in one way or another by the BEAST!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/29/nyregion/new-york-today-in-hurricane-sandys-wake.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

http://www.nj.com/hurricanesandy/

Mugsy, you should put these links in the Sandy thread we have in the Archives section of the forum Smile

Just an incredible storm...

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:38 am

I finished with over 2 inches of rain. Most convection stayed west or north of NYC. Much needed rain for sure.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain & Wind Storm Wednesday 10/28

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum