NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

+35
pdubz
snowlover78
skinsfan1177
Artechmetals
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
oldtimer
MikeFr
Scullybutcher
petep1000
amugs
Snowfall
jimv45
Grselig
mwilli5783
Fededle22
Quietace
sroc4
SNOW MAN
frank 638
pkmak
Joe Snow
nujerzeedevil
gigs68
algae888
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
devsman
CPcantmeasuresnow
jmanley32
Radz
SoulSingMG
RJB8525
snow247
Frank_Wx
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by RJB8525 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:34 pm

@gigs68 wrote:Roidzilla storm and Cespesdes a Met in one day.  It's like Christmas in January

hell yeah dude! they needed him
RJB8525
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1970
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 pm

wow! News 7 upped totals NYC into suthern WC 12-18 20+ locally!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18385
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by Grselig Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 pm

@RJB8525 wrote:
@gigs68 wrote:Roidzilla storm and Cespesdes a Met in one day.  It's like Christmas in January

hell yeah dude! they needed him

this is not a dream
this is not a dream
this is not a dream
this is not a dream
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1332
Reputation : 137
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 51
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by jimv45 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:36 pm

Rb this is coming more north what do you think about fishkill.

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1142
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : Ulster county ny

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by Snowfall Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:37 pm

This is what i meant to post EST SUNDAY...
* LOCATIONS... NEW YORK CITY AND LONG ISLAND IN NEW YORK. HUDSON... ESSEX AND UNION COUNTIES IN NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW ALONG WITH STRONG AND POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES EXPECTED SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON AND INTO THE EVENING.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 16 TO 22 INCHES. LESSER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ON THE TWIN FORKS OF LONG ISLAND IF RAIN AND SLEET MIX WITH THE SNOW.
* WINDS... NORTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH. ISOLATED HIGHER GUSTS POSSIBLE.
* TEMPERATURES... 20S AND LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES... NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.
* TIMING... THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT.
* IMPACTS... EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL DUE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AND STRONG WINDS WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS LIKELY. SECONDARY AND TERTIARY ROADS MAY BECOME IMPASSABLE. STRONG WINDS MAY DOWN POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS.

Snowfall

Posts : 59
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-31

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 pm

@Snowfall wrote:This is what i meant to post EST SUNDAY...
* LOCATIONS... NEW YORK CITY AND LONG ISLAND IN NEW YORK. HUDSON... ESSEX AND UNION COUNTIES IN NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW ALONG WITH STRONG AND POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES EXPECTED SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON AND INTO THE EVENING.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 16 TO 22 INCHES. LESSER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ON THE TWIN FORKS OF LONG ISLAND IF RAIN AND SLEET MIX WITH THE SNOW.
* WINDS... NORTHEAST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH. ISOLATED HIGHER GUSTS POSSIBLE.
* TEMPERATURES... 20S AND LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES... NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.
* TIMING... THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT.
* IMPACTS... EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL DUE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AND STRONG WINDS WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS LIKELY. SECONDARY AND TERTIARY ROADS MAY BECOME IMPASSABLE. STRONG WINDS MAY DOWN POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS.

woah winds have been on the steady increase, if this keeps coming north this could become a issue more than just the coast.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18385
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by amugs Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:39 pm

JUST GOT IN AND OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH NELLLLLLLLIE!!! THIS IS FN AWESOME - JANICE BIAG HUFF JUST STSAI THAT 12-18 PLUS AND BERGEN COUNTY AS WELL AS SE CT IS UNDER A BLIZZARD WARNING - YA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12440
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by amugs Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:40 pm

RIODZILLLLLLAAAAAA MODE INDEED FRANKY - THE MODELS CAME BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL SOLUTIONS HERE OHH BBABBBBBYYYYY!!!! I MAY NOT SLEEP TONIGHT !!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12440
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:43 pm

@jimv45 wrote:Rb this is coming more north what do you think about fishkill.

It's not guaranteed, but the signs are encouraging. As long those pressure fields continue north, even northwest, that's great news. We just don't want them to start falling to the east-northeast. That said, based on current data and trends.......they might be in the 8/9-13/14" range now. Not 100% on that yet, though.....maybe 65% lol

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 pm

@RJB8525 wrote:
@rb924119 wrote:Total:

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Snowfall_total_accum_lwwratio_NECONUS_hr036

could crack the NYC top 10 easily if everything plays out right now!

We need 17.5 inches just to crack the top 15.

If everything falls into place who knows how high it goes. If they get thunder snows watch out. Of course the problem then will be whose measuring tomorrow?

It should be a fascinating day and I honestly have no clue what to expect here (HV), anything from 2-20 inches would not surprise me.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by petep1000 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 pm

The moisture being pulled in from the ocean east and south is insane. Lurking here for 3 years. Finally joined.You guys are awesome. Frank, RB and so many others here, weenies all around.

petep1000
petep1000

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Age : 63
Location : West Orange

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by jimv45 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:51 pm

ok thanks RB you from there right?

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1142
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : Ulster county ny

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 pm

@jimv45 wrote:ok thanks RB you from there right?

Actually I'm from NE PA, which is where I am for this storm, but I moved to Fishkill over the summer for work (which I just recently lost lol). Kind of glad I did, at least temporarily, because it allowed me to come home and "play" in all of this glorious fluff haha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 pm

I HAVE FLAKES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE INSANITY BEGIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by petep1000 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 pm

I ski and glacier climb, so the snow is my friend. I say let the Not to be Named model pull a rabbit out of the hat and be right for once. As long as we all don't lose our power.
petep1000
petep1000

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Age : 63
Location : West Orange

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 pm

@petep1000 wrote:I ski and glacier climb, so the snow is my friend. I say let the Not to be Named model pull a rabbit out of the hat and be right for once. As long as we all don't lose our power.

Honestly, if that verified, preferable another 50 miles north or so (being greedy, I know lmao), I wouldn't mind if I had no power for a month aha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by jimv45 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 pm

enjoy!!!!

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1142
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : Ulster county ny

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by petep1000 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 am

I'm with you RB. I have a propane generator. Used it during Sandy for a week. It only runs half the house, but better than nothing. I guess for eye candy totals, sacrifices must be made.
petep1000
petep1000

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Age : 63
Location : West Orange

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by mwilli5783 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:02 am

faith has finally been restored..was bummed out thurs when models was not acting right(lol)and now tonight im experiencing my first (roidzilla)im in hempstead and if i get 16+ its like hitting powerball..thanks franks and all the rest...gonna b back on saturday(taking off from target 2 morrow)...

mwilli5783

Posts : 146
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 67
Location : hempstead n.y

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by amugs Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 am

SHORT TERM /6 AM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...
THE 21Z SREF CONTINUED TO TREND UPWARDS...WITH THE SNOW PLUMES AT
KJFK AND OTHER AREAS SHOWING A MEAN OF AROUND 2 FT. THE 00Z NAM
MAINTAINED A CONSISTENTLY WET SOLN FOR THE CWA. IN ADDITION...THE
00Z RGEM AND 00Z GFS HAVE DEMONSTRATED A NOTICEABLE NRN TREND IN
THE PCPN FIELDS. THIS THEREFORE LENDS SOME BACKGROUND SUPPORT TO
THE POTENTIAL EXHIBITED BY THE NAM.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12440
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by devsman Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 am

@mwilli5783 wrote:faith has finally been restored..was bummed out thurs when models was not acting right(lol)and now tonight im experiencing my first (roidzilla)im in hempstead and if i get 16+ its like hitting powerball..thanks franks and all the rest...gonna b back on saturday(taking off from target 2 morrow)...

Ur enthusiasm is infectious. Only 5 miles from you. Let's enjoy the ride.
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 424
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 45
Location : merrick, ny (south shore of Long Island)

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by petep1000 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:07 am

Am I officially the oldest on the board. I think I have CP beat by a few years. Is there anyone else older??????
petep1000
petep1000

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Age : 63
Location : West Orange

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by rb924119 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:09 am

@amugs wrote:SHORT TERM /6 AM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...
THE 21Z SREF CONTINUED TO TREND UPWARDS...WITH THE SNOW PLUMES AT
KJFK AND OTHER AREAS SHOWING A MEAN OF AROUND 2 FT. THE 00Z NAM
MAINTAINED A CONSISTENTLY WET SOLN FOR THE CWA. IN ADDITION...THE
00Z RGEM AND 00Z GFS HAVE DEMONSTRATED A NOTICEABLE NRN TREND IN
THE PCPN FIELDS. THIS THEREFORE LENDS SOME BACKGROUND SUPPORT TO
THE POTENTIAL EXHIBITED BY THE NAM.

Somebody should seriously print this out and frame it, because we may never see these words spoken again ahahaha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:09 am

@petep1000 wrote:Am I officially the oldest on the board. I think I have CP beat by a few years. Is there anyone else older??????

Damn no, Docstox has you beat and you could be oldtimers kid. I think Dodgis is also early 60's.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by Scullybutcher Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:11 am

@rb924119 wrote:
@amugs wrote:SHORT TERM /6 AM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...
THE 21Z SREF CONTINUED TO TREND UPWARDS...WITH THE SNOW PLUMES AT
KJFK AND OTHER AREAS SHOWING A MEAN OF AROUND 2 FT. THE 00Z NAM
MAINTAINED A CONSISTENTLY WET SOLN FOR THE CWA. IN ADDITION...THE
00Z RGEM AND 00Z GFS HAVE DEMONSTRATED A NOTICEABLE NRN TREND IN
THE PCPN FIELDS. THIS THEREFORE LENDS SOME BACKGROUND SUPPORT TO
THE POTENTIAL EXHIBITED BY THE NAM.

Somebody should seriously print this out and frame it, because we may never see these words spoken again ahahaha


This should be framed. It's like the Cubs winning the World Series. I can't go to sleep. Have to keep watching this storm. May take a short nap later. Decided it will be too dangerous to go to work @ 7:30
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 510
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

Back to top Go down

Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call  - Page 3 Empty Re: Roidzilla Storm Mode - January 23, 2016 Updated Final Call

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum