NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by mako460 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:47 pm

26.9

mako460
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 346
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 55
Location : Gerritsen Beach Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:48 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Closest town to me reporting 35.5", Somerset, NJ, cant believe it.

Amazing. I had 35 inches from the Feb 25-26, 2010 storm and 33 inches from the blizzard of 96. It is amazing to see 3 feet of snow fall in a day. Enjoy it my friend you deserve it, it makes up for some past scroo jobs.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by frank 638 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:48 pm

right now central park has 25.1 inches of snow putting us in 3 rd place nyc history i think we are going to shatter that record

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2316
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 37
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by RJB8525 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:What's the record for CPK? 27 inches?

26.9 i think
RJB8525
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1970
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Taffy Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

[quote="dkodgis"]I harbor my doubts about the authenticity of this storm. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy [/quote]

Another black flag operation! Razz
Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 521
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-10-06
Location : Hopkinton, MA

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by crippo84 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Central Park an inch and a half from the record with crazy snowfall rate still. I think it's gonna happen tonight.
crippo84
crippo84

Posts : 299
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 37
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Joe Snow Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm

@RJB8525 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:What's the record for CPK? 27 inches?

26.9 i think

Correct set in 1996
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 856
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 59
Location : Kings Park, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Closest town to me reporting 35.5", Somerset, NJ, cant believe it.

Amazing. I had 35 inches from the Feb 25-26, 2010 storm and 33 inches from the blizzard of 96. It is amazing to see 3 feet of snow fall in a day. Enjoy it my friend you deserve it, it makes up for some past scroo jobs.

Yep, think Tom was in the bullseye for this one.That 35 inches in the Feb 25-26 2010 storm in Monroe fell on top of a foot already on the ground at Rita's place and I have never seen before or after that amount of snow, four feet on the level.

CP, we dodged a sharp cutoff bullet on this one by a mere 20 miles.Cripes!

Congrats to all members who scored big on this one.

21.9, 29.48 R 84%. Very windy with blowing snow.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:57 pm

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 RAD_KDIX_N0R_ANI.gif.3bb60c648d18b543796f28da3baa53f2

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by 2004blackwrx Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Just made the trek through the no snow wall. Left work in Morthern Westchester which had about 8 inches of snow. Got home 25 miles later in Wappingers to storm ended and a quarter an inch of snow. Two thirds of way through Putnam had up to a few inches and then just a few miles south of I 84 totals dropped to around an inch and clean roads. Only plus is i got to see a mild version of the storm at work and cone home to no real shoveling. I guess us notherners have to wait for our winter to start.

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 505
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Wappinger NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:58 pm

@docstox12 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Closest town to me reporting 35.5", Somerset, NJ, cant believe it.

Amazing. I had 35 inches from the Feb 25-26, 2010 storm and 33 inches from the blizzard of 96. It is amazing to see 3 feet of snow fall in a day. Enjoy it my friend you deserve it, it makes up for some past scroo jobs.

Yep, think Tom was in the bullseye for this one.That 35 inches in the Feb 25-26 2010 storm in Monroe fell on top of a foot already on the ground at Rita's place and I have never seen before or after that amount of snow, four feet on the level.

CP, we dodged a sharp cutoff bullet on this one by a mere 20 miles.Cripes!

Congrats to all members who scored big on this one.

21.9, 29.48 R 84%. Very windy with blowing snow.
I still can barely believe this is happening and these amounts are real with this winter being so bad up till now and the NAM being the only model to sniff this out and ended up being right. What a freaky evolution. Over a seasons worth of snow in a single storm, mindblowing. Havent had over 20 inches since 2003 and the streak has finally been broken!
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Biggin23 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Band finally arrived....here we go!!

Biggin23

Posts : 259
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-11
Location : Jackson, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Look who's number 3 all time and shooting for the top. This is as of 7pm.
Who would have ever thought? The NAM that's who. The little model that could.

Biggest Snowstorms All Time
Central Park in NYC
(through Jan 22, 2016)
Ranking Amount Year & Date(s)
1      26.9 February 11-12, 2006
2      26.4 December 26-27, 1947
3     25.1 January 23, 2016
4      21.0 March 12-14, 1888
5      20.9 February 25-26, 2010
6      20.2 January 7-8, 1996
7      20.0 December 26-27, 2010
8      19.8 February 16-17, 2003
9      19.0 January 26-27, 2011
10   18.1 March 7-8, 1941
11   18.0 December 26, 1872
12   17.7 February 5-7, 1978
13   17.6 February 11-12, 1983
14   17.5 January 22-24, 1935
15   17.5 February 4-7, 1920
16   17.4 February 3-4, 1961
17   16.0 December 19-20, 1948
18   16.0 February 12-13, 1899
19   15.3 February 9-10, 1969
20   15.2 December 11-12, 1960


Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm

My favorite part of a snowstorm - besides tracking / forecasting - is walking the streets at night. 

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 20160123_184116

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by hyde345 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:03 pm

@2004blackwrx wrote:Just made the trek through the no snow wall. Left work in Morthern Westchester which had about 8 inches of snow. Got home 25 miles later in Wappingers to storm ended and a quarter an inch of snow. Two thirds of way through Putnam had up to a few inches and then just a few miles south of I 84 totals dropped to around an inch and clean roads. Only plus is i got to see a mild version of the storm at work and cone home to no real shoveling. I guess us notherners have to wait for our winter to start.

I know how you feel. I'm in Hyde Park and saw 3 flakes and I'm very bitter. Mad
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 895
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Top-10 Historical Snowstorms1 Impacting New York City2

26.9” on February 11-12, 2006
25.8” on December 26-27, 1947
25.1" on January 22-23, 2016 (thru 7pm Jan 23)
21.0" on March 12-14th, 1888
20.9” on February 25-26, 2010
20.2” on January 7-8, 1996
20.0” on December 26-27, 2010
19.8” on February 16-17, 2003
19.0” on January 26-27, 2011
18.1” on March 7-8, 1941 & January 22-24, 1935
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2931
Reputation : 76
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:05 pm

@2004blackwrx wrote:Just made the trek through the no snow wall. Left work in Morthern Westchester which had about 8 inches of snow. Got home 25 miles later in Wappingers to storm ended and a quarter an inch of snow. Two thirds of way through Putnam had up to a few inches and then just a few miles south of I 84 totals dropped to around an inch and clean roads. Only plus is i got to see a mild version of the storm at work and cone home to no real shoveling. I guess us notherners have to wait for our winter to start.

Just terrible.Brings back memories for me here in Monroe for Juno when we got maybe two inches and there was 30 plus 50 miles away.

Only thing to do is roll up your sleeves and start looking for the next one.We've GOT to jackpot up here sooner or later.Need a windswept rainstorm on the Jersey Shore and LI, mix in the City and heavy snow in the HV.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:06 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:My favorite part of a snowstorm - besides tracking / forecasting - is walking the streets at night. 

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 20160123_184116

Yep, we talked about that on a post a while ago.It is surreal the peace and quiet and tranquility.Getting a little to old with my bum knees now but there was a time....!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by hyde345 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:06 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Look who's number 3 all time and shooting for the top. This is as of 7pm.
Who would have ever thought? The NAM that's who. The little model that could.

Biggest Snowstorms All Time
Central Park in NYC
(through Jan 22, 2016)
Ranking Amount Year & Date(s)
1      26.9 February 11-12, 2006
2      26.4 December 26-27, 1947
3       25.1 January 23, 2016
4      21.0 March 12-14, 1888
5      20.9 February 25-26, 2010
6      20.2 January 7-8, 1996
7      20.0 December 26-27, 2010
8      19.8 February 16-17, 2003
9      19.0 January 26-27, 2011
10   18.1 March 7-8, 1941
11   18.0 December 26, 1872
12   17.7 February 5-7, 1978
13   17.6 February 11-12, 1983
14   17.5 January 22-24, 1935
15   17.5 February 4-7, 1920
16   17.4 February 3-4, 1961
17   16.0 December 19-20, 1948
18   16.0 February 12-13, 1899
19   15.3 February 9-10, 1969
20   15.2 December 11-12, 1960


I'm not going to crown the nam, that's for sure. That POS model had me getting 18 inches just yesterday and I didn't get 18 flakes. And, yes, I'm bitter.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 895
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:09 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Look who's number 3 all time and shooting for the top. This is as of 7pm.
Who would have ever thought? The NAM that's who. The little model that could.

Biggest Snowstorms All Time
Central Park in NYC
(through Jan 22, 2016)
Ranking Amount Year & Date(s)
1      26.9 February 11-12, 2006
2      26.4 December 26-27, 1947
3       25.1 January 23, 2016
4      21.0 March 12-14, 1888
5      20.9 February 25-26, 2010
6      20.2 January 7-8, 1996
7      20.0 December 26-27, 2010
8      19.8 February 16-17, 2003
9      19.0 January 26-27, 2011
10   18.1 March 7-8, 1941
11   18.0 December 26, 1872
12   17.7 February 5-7, 1978
13   17.6 February 11-12, 1983
14   17.5 January 22-24, 1935
15   17.5 February 4-7, 1920
16   17.4 February 3-4, 1961
17   16.0 December 19-20, 1948
18   16.0 February 12-13, 1899
19   15.3 February 9-10, 1969
20   15.2 December 11-12, 1960

The only asterisk on this chart CP is that ridiculously low total for the Blizzard of 1888.Impossible there was only 21.0 inches when nearby areas were over three feet.Not saying this to disparage your fine work but out of respect for the classic old storm.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by skinsfan1177 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Looks like some more heading my way. Would not be surprised if I end up with 25"
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 4442
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 43
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:11 pm

@hyde345 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Look who's number 3 all time and shooting for the top. This is as of 7pm.
Who would have ever thought? The NAM that's who. The little model that could.

Biggest Snowstorms All Time
Central Park in NYC
(through Jan 22, 2016)
Ranking Amount Year & Date(s)
1      26.9 February 11-12, 2006
2      26.4 December 26-27, 1947
3       25.1 January 23, 2016
4      21.0 March 12-14, 1888
5      20.9 February 25-26, 2010
6      20.2 January 7-8, 1996
7      20.0 December 26-27, 2010
8      19.8 February 16-17, 2003
9      19.0 January 26-27, 2011
10   18.1 March 7-8, 1941
11   18.0 December 26, 1872
12   17.7 February 5-7, 1978
13   17.6 February 11-12, 1983
14   17.5 January 22-24, 1935
15   17.5 February 4-7, 1920
16   17.4 February 3-4, 1961
17   16.0 December 19-20, 1948
18   16.0 February 12-13, 1899
19   15.3 February 9-10, 1969
20   15.2 December 11-12, 1960


I'm not going to crown the nam, that's for sure. That POS model had me getting 18 inches just yesterday and I didn't get 18 flakes. And, yes, I'm bitter.

I felt that way that snowmageddon year when it was sunny and cold and South Jersey got 25 inches on a couple of storms.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7242
Reputation : 214
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by track17 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Skins I am in Silverton coming down hard have you heard an estimate on what total snowfall in toms river was easily looks over 20 to me

track17

Posts : 454
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:14 pm

@weatherwatchermom wrote:Top-10 Historical Snowstorms1 Impacting New York City2

26.9” on February 11-12, 2006
25.8” on December 26-27, 1947
25.1" on January 22-23, 2016 (thru 7pm Jan 23)
21.0" on March 12-14th, 1888
20.9” on February 25-26, 2010
20.2” on January 7-8, 1996
20.0” on December 26-27, 2010
19.8” on February 16-17, 2003
19.0” on January 26-27, 2011
18.1” on March 7-8, 1941 & January 22-24, 1935

Hey you're stealing my thunder!! JK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Snowfall Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Ready for the next

Snowfall

Posts : 59
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-31

Back to top Go down

January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 23, 2016 Roidzilla Observations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum