NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:05 am

The 12/12 non-storm. 1-3 area wide including the N/W areas and then a soaking rain. .5" of front end snow here in Syosset then .66" of rain.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by NjWeatherGuy Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 am

syosnow94 wrote:The 12/12 non-storm.  1-3 area wide including the N/W areas and then a soaking rain.  .5" of front end snow here in Syosset then .66" of rain.

Nah it was confined further north, the rest of us got dryslotted. You got more front end than me. Not even measurable over here.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by rb924119 Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:32 am

3.2" after compaction, so we probably had at least 3.5" before we changed over. The changeover still bothers me, though, because as far as I could tell there was no above-freezing air anywhere close to us at the time we changed. I guess it was at an obscure level, because 925's and 850's were still several degrees below freezing. Anyway, I went against long-recognized storm patterns and was fooled by guidance. Although the timing and precipitation rates verified, the predicted amounts definitely did bust too high. Frank nailed this one. Good job buddy!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5354
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by dkodgis Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:17 am

Here in northern Orange County near southern tip of Sullivan County, I see 1.5 inches this morning. 28 degrees. The snow is wet and heavy.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1462
Reputation : 98
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by amugs Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 am

Got about an inch by me eye overnight I'll take it.
Onto Tuesday Night into Wed possible snows.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12065
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by aiannone Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 pm

5.7" recorded at the NWS Binghamton Office. Not bad! Lot of melting today though. Down to an inch or less in spots.
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4247
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:13 pm

@rb924119 wrote:3.2" after compaction, so we probably had at least 3.5" before we changed over. The changeover still bothers me, though, because as far as I could tell there was no above-freezing air anywhere close to us at the time we changed. I guess it was at an obscure level, because 925's and 850's were still several degrees below freezing. Anyway, I went against long-recognized storm patterns and was fooled by guidance. Although the timing and precipitation rates verified, the predicted amounts definitely did bust too high. Frank nailed this one. Good job buddy!

Before I make my snow maps I take a shot of whiskey.

Try it.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 19990
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:17 pm

@aiannone wrote:5.7" recorded at the NWS Binghamton Office. Not bad! Lot of melting today though. Down to an inch or less in spots.

Wow, it's your winter.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 19990
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by rb924119 Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:34 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@rb924119 wrote:3.2" after compaction, so we probably had at least 3.5" before we changed over. The changeover still bothers me, though, because as far as I could tell there was no above-freezing air anywhere close to us at the time we changed. I guess it was at an obscure level, because 925's and 850's were still several degrees below freezing. Anyway, I went against long-recognized storm patterns and was fooled by guidance. Although the timing and precipitation rates verified, the predicted amounts definitely did bust too high. Frank nailed this one. Good job buddy!

Before I make my snow maps I take a shot of whiskey.

Try it.

I would, but there's one slight problem; I don't drink lmao btw the verification map is still a work in progress. New Jersey is about halfway done, though, so once I finish that I'll at least be able to get you guys maps of your state of residence haha the other states, mainly New York and Pennsylvania are very likely not going to be completed in time for this winter. But I will do them and get them done, just need time haha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5354
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations - Page 7 Empty Re: Sun-Mon 12/11-12/12 Discussions and Observations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum