NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

+75
dad4twoboys
deadrabbit79
dasmarque
New Yorker 234
brownie
iloveweather
bluebythec
Artechmetals
Angela0621
lglickman
deblanka
snowday111
sabamfa
jake732
Carter bk
JackShephard
Smarnold
Blaze
essexcountypete
dparag01
lglickman1
crippo84
ak926
bloc1357
Dunnzoo
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
bobjohnsonforthehall
2004blackwrx
Radz
DAYBLAZER
devsman
Grselig
Taffy
dkodgis
gigs68
RJB8525
emokid51783
rb924119
docstox12
Sparky Sparticles
sroc4
SENJsnowman
dsix85
Sanchize06
algae888
mmanisca
skinsfan1177
nutleyblizzard
heehaw453
frank 638
Scullybutcher
snowlover78
Math23x7
NettWx
weatherwatchermom
freezerburn
dsvinos
Fededle22
jimv45
adamfitz1969
Dtone
Vinnydula
SoulSingMG
amugs
CPcantmeasuresnow
WeatherBob
billg315
oldtimer
jmanley32
Smittyaj623
hurrysundown23
mikeypizano
aiannone
Frank_Wx
79 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by SoulSingMG Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 pm

@amugs wrote:HRDPS just absolutely crushes NW NJ, EPA, NNJ and NYC, North of there - JMAN, AL, Soul, all of us get smokes - tick east as well

7- 8 hrs of this
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 IMG_1736.PNG.0384e0e7b6e09e7569d771824681d80b
Lee Goldberg just said 12-18" plus for a huge swath
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqJRBsX4AAdqyf

Mugs!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Ef1aec10

SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2739
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by aiannone Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:Check out this trend from 18z. GAME ON FOLKS. MADONNE!!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 D9EC332A-CB27-4150-9496-58E935ADBFA0.thumb.gif.28b275acd4e3df0554044ba76f2d7104

Holy SH%$!!!
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4257
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

@billg315 wrote:Easy there JMan. Lol

Weather porn, it's addictive be careful.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:VV's valid wednesday afternoon

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqEWUIWkAEKr1f
It’s either snowing really hard or batteries are falling from the sky.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3643
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@billg315 wrote:Easy there JMan. Lol

Weather porn, it's addictive be careful.

I do say; These model runs are giving me the vapors!
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3643
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by WeatherBob Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:42 pm

Syos - that really isn’t funny. I was out of power for 7 days after Sandy. It’s a nightmare. I will not comment any further.
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 598
Reputation : 82
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County - Altitude 480 ft

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:42 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:
@amugs wrote:HRDPS just absolutely crushes NW NJ, EPA, NNJ and NYC, North of there - JMAN, AL, Soul, all of us get smokes - tick east as well

7- 8 hrs of this
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 IMG_1736.PNG.0384e0e7b6e09e7569d771824681d80b
Lee Goldberg just said 12-18" plus for a huge swath
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqJRBsX4AAdqyf

Mugs!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Ef1aec10

thinking no question that 12 to 18 needs cover rest of Westchester into NYC and at least western li. Soul b careful tomorrow lots of people in dark again. It's really sad losing all these giant trees too if u think bout it.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17978
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm

I have heard ppl say here in wc seen snow already. Nada here and air is dry. Please please don't pull a Yonkers block again storm lol I know storm is far away but already ppl reporting.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17978
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Smittyaj623 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 pm

@aiannone wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Check out this trend from 18z. GAME ON FOLKS. MADONNE!!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 D9EC332A-CB27-4150-9496-58E935ADBFA0.thumb.gif.28b275acd4e3df0554044ba76f2d7104

Holy SH%$!!!
Just a little more South and east like 30 miles and Bayville gets some ughhhh!!!!

Smittyaj623

Posts : 73
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-06
Age : 21
Location : Bayville, NJ

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

@billg315 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:VV's valid wednesday afternoon

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqEWUIWkAEKr1f
It’s either snowing really hard or batteries are falling from the sky.
craziness I'm in the tail top of that go b nuts to see.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17978
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Vinnydula Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Jman light snow for over an hour now
Vinnydula
Vinnydula
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 771
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Dobbs ferry

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Smittyaj623 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Frank. Can we see it move south and East a bit more???

Smittyaj623

Posts : 73
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-03-06
Age : 21
Location : Bayville, NJ

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

@Vinnydula wrote:Jman light snow for over an hour now
nooo u are 5 miles from me 10 tops it's starting all over noooooooo lol


Last edited by jmanley32 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17978
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by SoulSingMG Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:
@amugs wrote:HRDPS just absolutely crushes NW NJ, EPA, NNJ and NYC, North of there - JMAN, AL, Soul, all of us get smokes - tick east as well

7- 8 hrs of this
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 IMG_1736.PNG.0384e0e7b6e09e7569d771824681d80b
Lee Goldberg just said 12-18" plus for a huge swath
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqJRBsX4AAdqyf

Mugs!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Ef1aec10

thinking no question that 12 to 18 needs cover rest of Westchester into NYC and at least western li. Soul b careful tomorrow lots of people in dark again. It's really sad losing all these giant trees too if u think bout it.

You be careful too, bud. I think this storm shocks a lot of people and does some serious damage due to the sheer weight of the snow. Think of it—it’s two inches+ of water content. Lotta weight.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2739
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:
@amugs wrote:HRDPS just absolutely crushes NW NJ, EPA, NNJ and NYC, North of there - JMAN, AL, Soul, all of us get smokes - tick east as well

7- 8 hrs of this
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 IMG_1736.PNG.0384e0e7b6e09e7569d771824681d80b
Lee Goldberg just said 12-18" plus for a huge swath
Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 DXqJRBsX4AAdqyf

Mugs!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Ef1aec10

thinking no question that 12 to 18 needs cover rest of Westchester into NYC and at least western li. Soul b careful tomorrow lots of people in dark again. It's really sad losing all these giant trees too if u think bout it.

You be careful too, bud. I think this storm shocks a lot of people and does some serious damage due to the sheer weight of the snow. Think of it—it’s two inches+ of water content. Lotta weight.
plus 40 to 50 mph gusts highest on li.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17978
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Dtone Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:50 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:heavy wet snow with some wind and already saturated grounds...I would say widespread
will b interesting to see how bad it gets hopefully there's no unfortunately events like the child north of here so sad
Power can b fixed. Widespread I should have planned better in case we lose can we get lucky twice?

I cant lie, potential for double digit totals of very heavy wet snow on the heels of the last storm is taking the fun out of it a little...but the snow fan in me eventually wins out.

Rain and sleet now 38*


Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1738
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Dtone Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:I have heard ppl say here in wc seen snow already. Nada here and air is dry. Please please don't pull a Yonkers block again storm lol I know storm is far away but already ppl reporting.

It was snowing in Scarsdale on TV

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1738
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 pm

00z ukmet is east and to the BM. Every model tonight trended east.

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 0246DE8D-4BC0-4972-BAA9-B656B91FE93F.gif.47a7eeeaecb71c27fe2177cfb3f1a350

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20010
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by aiannone Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:00z ukmet is east and to the BM. Every model tonight trended east.

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 0246DE8D-4BC0-4972-BAA9-B656B91FE93F.gif.47a7eeeaecb71c27fe2177cfb3f1a350

Very encouraging night! Time to nowcast
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4257
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Vinnydula Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Everything is just wet
Vinnydula
Vinnydula
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 771
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Dobbs ferry

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by adamfitz1969 Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:05 am

@Frank_Wx wrote:Check out this trend from 18z. GAME ON FOLKS. MADONNE!!!!

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 D9EC332A-CB27-4150-9496-58E935ADBFA0.thumb.gif.28b275acd4e3df0554044ba76f2d7104

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Ric-Flair

adamfitz1969

Posts : 94
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2018-03-01
Age : 51
Location : Tarrytown

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 am

Just saw that the Weather Channel is camped out in Central Valley NY one town over from me. Using Their epic failures in Massachusetts the last couple of years as an indicator it's the KOD when they do that. I'm now expecting to wake up to a freezing rain advisory.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by jimv45 Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:14 am

Snowing pretty good right now, just a taste of what's to come.


jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1140
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : Ulster county ny

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by aiannone Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 am

Flakes just started here on LI
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4257
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by adamfitz1969 Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:19 am

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 And-so-it-begins-gif-6

adamfitz1969

Posts : 94
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2018-03-01
Age : 51
Location : Tarrytown

Back to top Go down

Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Pain in the Butt March 7th Godzilla: Observations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum