NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

+3
mikeypizano
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
7 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense - Page 5 Empty Re: OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:22 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
billg315 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
billg315 wrote:I just bumped you to 81. Lol

Being bumped by a moderator, in this case, a GOOD thing! Congratulations Billg!!!

Thank you Doc! I appreciate the well wishes. I even appreciated CP's post - more for the humor than well-wishes (I think it might have been predicting my premature death by sword, but I'm not sure. Either way, I laughed, so it's a plus).

Hope I can make this island proud in my new role trying to keep order, but with good fun, on the mainland.

Just keep the order
Part on the mainland while we try to sew disorder here. Thanks

The soundest advice of the day, from one of the least sound minds on OTI, and that's saying a lot. I do include myself in that so take no offense Dir. of mental health services.

Despite our continuing reputation competition I have magnanimously liked your post. Far be it from me to let a friendly wager get in the way of showing my appreciation for sound advice.

I forget what thread I'm on so if I'm on the OTI portion of our thread forgive me for not posting my titles below. If I am on the OOTI thread F you all there are no laws here. And if the new judge in town has anything to say about that I will meet him on a remote area of OOOTI where we will settle this like cyber people settle things.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

lol! lol! lol!

Hey, Desperado of OOTI, that wild and troubled land.This is the fate of ALL Desperados!! BE ADVISED!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYpslYIh2fY

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense - Page 5 Empty Re: OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 am

If the fate of all desperados is to be in a John Wayne movie, sign me up. I don't even need a big part in it. List me in the credits as "Moron that The Duke blew to hell in the first minute #3".

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:41 pm

I am considering legalizing the use of reputations as a crypto currency on OTI similar to bitcoin. I have not yet calculated how reputation points will be converted to cocananas. I'm working on a formula and will bring it to Parliament when completed.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:56 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I am considering legalizing the use of reputations as a crypto currency on OTI similar to bitcoin. I have not yet calculated how reputation points will be converted to cocananas. I'm working on a formula and will bring it to Parliament when completed.

Excellent idea and Parliament will be happy to discuss the various ramifications of reputation mining.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I am considering legalizing the use of reputations as a crypto currency on OTI similar to bitcoin. I have not yet calculated how reputation points will be converted to cocananas. I'm working on a formula and will bring it to Parliament when completed.

Excellent idea and Parliament will be happy to discuss the various ramifications of reputation mining.

I just increased your future net worth with that like Doc. You are now at 84.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:58 pm

so CP and I are he most wealthy people on OTI as far as this new currency is concerned? I'm confused. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

so CP and I are he most wealthy people on OTI as far as this new currency is concerned?  I'm confused. Shocked

And I just made you the wealthiest man on OTI with that like.

If you feel so inclined I would appreciate it if you could return the favor. I have a big weekend planned with the snow queen and I feel I may be spending most of my reputation on her this weekend.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:07 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

I just increased your future net worth with that like Doc. You are now at 84.

Ahhhh, thanks my Good Man.The magic of mining as it were!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

so CP and I are he most wealthy people on OTI as far as this new currency is concerned?  I'm confused. Shocked

As you well deserve it Jimmy pulling double duty in OTI.Don't spend it all in one place now!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:15 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

And I just made you the wealthiest man on OTI with that like.

If you feel so inclined I would appreciate it if you could return the favor. I have a big weekend planned with the snow queen and I feel I may be spending most of my reputation on her this weekend.

Whatever you do with your newfound mined crypto currency, do NOT take the Snow Queen to this place!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXH_12QWWg8
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Not to be a downer here, but I'm not sure that's possible. All of the ledgers are out in the open for people to see which makes it highly nonsecured. (I was going to say insecure, but I don't want to cast aspersions on the reputation's feelings with potentially baseless accusations.) Also, by centralizing to OTI, you run the very real risk of allowing a small group to monopolize the coconana market by manipulating reputation scores. Of course, I am confident that you will factor those things into your equation before the presentation to Parliament.

*sideways glance* Or will you? After all, you have been one of the main beneficiaries of Reputation Inflation. You and Syo have been setting yourselves up pretty nicely for a big pie of the OTI Coconana pie if this currency comes through. If I was a Director still, I'd suggest the Chief Justice launch an investigation. However, as I'm now just a regular degenerate, I'm gonna stay here and dream of my favorite tree from back in my Lounge days. *whispering to myself* Who's a good tree? Yes, you are, aren't you? Or maybe you're a bad tree. *drifts off to sleep*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Just had a thought here before bed. Since all of us here on ooti are members of the govt. or former members in Aresians case, maybe we should consider this place our version of Washington DC. A seperate entity and autonomous region but yet still part of the greater OTI universe. A place where a select few members of parliament can come and TRULY UNWIND IN A COMPLETELY MORALITY FREE ZONE WITH NO RULES. Perhaps our Emporer Frank would ok this and set it up so that we need a separate log in so only those of us included could participate and see what is posted.

KIND of like our own private invitation only thread on the forum that no one else can visit. What do you all say?

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am

syosnow94 wrote:Just had a thought here before bed. Since all of us here on ooti are members of the govt. or former members in Aresians case, maybe we should consider this place our version of Washington DC. A seperate entity and autonomous region but yet still part of the greater OTI universe. A place where a select few members of parliament can come and TRULY UNWIND IN A COMPLETELY MORALITY FREE ZONE WITH NO RULES. Perhaps our Emporer Frank would ok this and set it up so that we need a separate  log in so only those of us included could participate and see what is posted.

KIND of like our own private invitation only thread on the forum that no one else can visit. What do you all say?

I'm in 100%!!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 am

docstox12 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Just had a thought here before bed. Since all of us here on ooti are members of the govt. or former members in Aresians case, maybe we should consider this place our version of Washington DC. A seperate entity and autonomous region but yet still part of the greater OTI universe. A place where a select few members of parliament can come and TRULY UNWIND IN A COMPLETELY MORALITY FREE ZONE WITH NO RULES. Perhaps our Emporer Frank would ok this and set it up so that we need a separate  log in so only those of us included could participate and see what is posted.

I'm in 100%!!!!!!
I agree in principle but we should establish OOOOTI for that purpose. OOTI already has a lengthy history and most of it is pretty funny stuff. I believe the public should always have access to it. Since I’ve already threatened to Form OOOTI for Syos purposes we should Form OOOOTI if it can be done at all. Possibly our moderator Chief Justice can give us some insight if it’s possible.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

I'm in 100%!!!!!!
I agree in principle but we should establish OOOOTI for that purpose.  OOTI already has a lengthy history and most of it is pretty funny stuff. I believe the public should always have access to it. Since I’ve already threatened to Form OOOTI for Syos purposes we should Form OOOOTI if it can be done at all. Possibly our moderator Chief Justice can give us some insight if it’s possible.  

Perhaps for ease of writing we can use 40TI.This in addition to not being required to write down your director's position in OTI.I'm all for forming a free for all sector only accessible to OTI Directors and Citizens who wish to "walk on the wild side" of the Island.I defer to our Chief Justice for the legalities on approaching Emperor Frank who ultimately will decide on this matter as we are a mere planetary orb in the NJ Weather Strong galaxy.

I Remain,
Docstox ( with multiple X's)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:52 am

While I like the idea of a morality free zone, I can't help but wonder if there is going to come a time when we start to reach the outer limits of our beloved Emperor's patience. Plus there's the possible effects on OTI itself. We've all see it already: We're gravitating towards a place we feel gives us more freedom of expression and as a result, the beating heart of the island has seen blood flow re-routed to a different place. When the lounge was morality free, we had a place to cut loose but still conduct island business. But the few days since OOTI was open (and subsequently closed) we've seen it consume the lion's share of our collective time. I don't possess the wisdom to figure out such things, but I did want to submit my concerns to the Chief Justice for when he takes such matters under consideration.

But, if OOOOTI does end up being formed, I am definitely getting a fez like Howard Cunningham used to wear.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:27 am

TheAresian wrote:While I like the idea of a morality free zone, I can't help but wonder if there is going to come a time when we start to reach the outer limits of our beloved Emperor's patience. Plus there's the possible effects on OTI itself. We've all see it already: We're gravitating towards a place we feel gives us more freedom of expression and as a result, the beating heart of the island has seen blood flow re-routed to a different place. When the lounge was morality free, we had a place to cut loose but still conduct island business. But the few days since OOTI was open (and subsequently closed) we've seen it consume the lion's share of our collective time. I don't possess the wisdom to figure out such things, but I did want to submit my concerns to the Chief Justice for when he takes such matters under consideration.

But, if OOOOTI does end up being formed, I am definitely getting a fez like Howard Cunningham used to wear.

Love the idea of the fez!! Instead of the States like in this clip, we can have the sector of OTI you come from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyVxEk6Tr_Y
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 am

Here are my thoughts:
With regard to the creation of a sort of "members only" OTI, OOTI, 3TI or 4TI sector with secret password access, there are numerous problems. First and foremost, while I am not a technology expert, my rudimentary review of this site leads me to believe that creating a thread with locked, password-only access where members can sign in and out is not possible. Second, it presumes the Emperor wishes to allow a completely "morality free" zone within his empire. While Frank has a very good sense of humor and is likely not easily offended by the occasional off-color humor, he is also trying to run a very positive, welcoming website, er, Empire, for all weather enthusiasts.  Therefore he does have to keep in mind a balance of fun and decorum. Third, he also must always be aware of the liability issues that could arise from countenancing or even turning a blind eye to certain activities on a website he hosts (hate to bring real world concerns to this). So I think on every corner of this website, there must always be SOME limits (we could play the hypothetical game and eventually everyone would reach a point I think where they'd say - yeah that probably goes too far -- albeit maybe at different thresholds for all of us).

One should consider the great leeway and gift of autonomy already given by the Emperor to OTI (and it's multiplying subdivisions). On the main board we have a "Weather Banter" section for people who want to banter about the weather without sticking to just the more scientific aspects of storm/pattern observation and forecasting we see in the main weather threads.  Then there is a "Non-Weather Banter" thread, one step further removed where you can have a discussion about any topic you want.  Then there are sub-threads for specific off-topic topics, like Sports. Despite all those opportunities to have discussions that get further and further away from just weather, the Emperor created OTI for those of us who occasionally want to -- what do we do here? Oh, for those of us who want to live in alternative cyber-world where the conversation does test the limits of sanity and good taste - hopefully without actually ever fully going over the cliff on those limits - all in the name of good fun and humor.  Truthfully if you look through the pages and pages of OTI conversations since the creation of this thread, it is clear that the Emperor has granted GREAT leeway to what goes on here.  I mean, read some of these conversations over the past four years and then contemplate that only once since my time here (well maybe almost twice, this week) has anything ever been actually deemed out of bounds by moderators - and even then without sanction or punishment. I'd say OTI has actually served its purpose for its inhabitants and been given great leeway by Frank already.
Therefore I do not see in reality any great need for anything other than what we've already been given with this separate, somewhat zany home away from the main boards.
Now, all of that being said. I am reminded of a scene in the movie the Wizard of Oz. At the end Dorothy thinks she's been left behind in Oz with no way to get home. But the good witch laughs and tells her, that actually she's had the ability to get what she wants all along, right there on her feet (I may be misremembering this, it's been awhile since I've seen that movie).  May I suggest that the members of OTI who fear something may be misconstrued by the occasionally non-inhabitant visitor to the island already have a way to share those thoughts with fellow island inhabitants. As Dorothy was told, you've always had the power.
There is a function on the board called Private Message. That basically is structured like a thread. You can pretty much do anything in private message that you could do on a thread and it is just between you and whichever users you select as recipients. (you may even be able to select multiple recipients, such as the six or seven members of OTI, though I've never tried). I suspect you would rarely have to resort to this as 99 percent of what has been posted to OTI in the past has been deemed acceptable (if somewhat insane).
Hopefully looking at the big picture allows us all to see just what a wonderful place OTI is as already structured. And if not, well there is another movie scene we should consider in two parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g77WN6obk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA

I should add, I've never discussed this issue directly with the Emperor so the thoughts expressed above are my own, and do not necessarily represent the views of this station, Er, website, or its cyber-Emperor.

Billg315
xxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm

It doesn’t hurt to ask. We can police ourselves. Or maybe the answer if this is a no go is for us to create a group PM that we just keep responding to one another. That could be private if my idea gets squashed

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Well I will leave these ideas up for discussion among the many and diverse citizens of OTI and renegades of OOTI (which seems now to be all of us) as well as future inhabitants of 3TI or 4TI. For now I am headed to my mom’s 80th birthday party. Maybe I’ll seek her input as she usually has good advice. Enjoy the day!
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 pm

billg315 wrote:Well I will leave these ideas up for discussion among the many and diverse citizens of OTI and renegades of OOTI (which seems now to be all of us) as well as future inhabitants of 3TI or 4TI. For now I am headed to my mom’s 80th birthday party. Maybe I’ll seek her input as she usually has good advice. Enjoy the day!

God bless congrats on moms 80th

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
billg315 wrote:Well I will leave these ideas up for discussion among the many and diverse citizens of OTI and renegades of OOTI (which seems now to be all of us) as well as future inhabitants of 3TI or 4TI. For now I am headed to my mom’s 80th birthday party. Maybe I’ll seek her input as she usually has good advice. Enjoy the day!

Thank you! I can only hope to be in as good shape as my mom at 80, if I’m still going at 80. My consumption of alcohol, junk food and fast food makes the smart bet of my demise the “under 80” on that.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:50 pm

My family on both sides has longevity. Most have lived into their 90’s. The thing they all had in common was their consumption of alcohol. Every day multiple servings. Mostly wine

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:09 am

Yes,God Bless Mom on her 80.The Lord has blessed me I have my Mom at 97.Hope you had a great day Billg.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:12 am

syosnow94 wrote:My family on both sides has longevity. Most have lived into their 90’s. The thing they all had in common was their consumption of alcohol. Every day multiple servings. Mostly wine

Great news for you Jimmy, you have been dealt a great hand in the genetic poker game.In 1984, was on a trip to Northern Italy and visited a winery.The guy giving the tour was 79 years old at the time, got me shitfaced drunk on the best red wine I ever had at 11 AM,LOL.He looked like he was 40 years old, still mostly black hair! I knew it had to be all that wine he drank,LOL.Brought 3 or 4 bottles back with me, a buck or two a bottle, and still the best red wine I ever had!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:19 am

billg315 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

Thank you! I can only hope to be in as good shape as my mom at 80, if I’m still going at 80. My consumption of alcohol, junk food and fast food makes the smart bet of my demise the “under 80” on that.

LOL, Billg, that's not a lock by a longshot.My brother in laws Mom made it to 89 and she was overweight, cooked with lard, ate all the stuff that is bad.I smoked cigarettes 35 years, drank gallons of beer and hard liquor,smoking cigars 35 years and I'm still here at age 67.In 1918, most men died around 50,LOL, so by those standards I have beaten the system.One of the keys, I think, to longevity is having 5 good laughs a day.Good for the immune system.You can get 5 good laughs in 5 minutes visiiting OTI and OOTI territories!! Here's to waking up tomorrow morning!! That is, by the way, what I say to anybody who asks me "How is your day going".I say "Great, I woke up"! The rest can go to Hell in a handbasket, which it sometimes does, but who cares, your still above ground.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 am

Haha! I hear you on all of that. Especially the good laughs part. Yeah I sometimes think maybe the warnings about diet are overdone. I also run so I’m hoping that counteracts it anyway. Yesterday was a great day with mom, thanks for the well wishes.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum