NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

+27
amugs
Radz
skinsfan1177
rb924119
billg315
WOLVES1
CentralNJ
hyde345
docstox12
mwilli5783
Snow88
Math23x7
bloc1357
oldtimer
aiannone
Dunnzoo
SoulSingMG
nutleyblizzard
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
Joe Snow
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
bobjohnsonforthehall
Grselig
algae888
sroc4
31 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by dkodgis Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Scott, I too have fished in very rough seas. I felt like Captain Ahab. As for those folks who decided to ride the storm out, they are in for the ride of their lives. Lord have mercy on them. Lord have mercy.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1570
Reputation : 98
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 pm

And look at the cone, right over NYC (I know its only a depression but as I said some of the Euro ensembles spell a lot of flooding trouble and winds wont have to be high to uproot some trees), and at the end redevelops into a subtropical storm lol, so she might get renamed Flo again!

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 21315610
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18376
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by amugs Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 ?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_153702163373213&key=e1e7dc862af11f29652fc542d68928ac&libId=jm3imj100102n0l7000MAkpq2wybx&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain.com%2Ftopic%2F1404-hurricane-florence-mega-thread-forecast-observations%2F%3Fpage%3D169%26tab%3Dcomments%23comment-95297&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F41741972_10214660135851097_7455456802243608576_n.jpg%3F_nc_cat%3D0%26oh%3D0cc368874f7023afd8a44d9ebee792f7%26oe%3D5C162012&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12377
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by amugs Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am

The flooding is now going to be a catastrophic concern as the 18-20 Trillion gallons of liquid will be draining into the rivers and will cause historical cresting of the rivers downstream over the next few days like Tuesday/Wednesday.
Jesus H this is incredible from Jack Sillan pro met
MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 ?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_153702189112716&key=e1e7dc862af11f29652fc542d68928ac&libId=jm3j4s7l0102n0l7000MA6xwebylb&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain.com%2Ftopic%2F1404-hurricane-florence-mega-thread-forecast-observations%2F%3Fpage%3D168&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2F33andrain%2Fmonthly_2018_09%2F34120582_03CapeFearRvatFayetteville.jpg.e144b521adfa5fe74776a6607a4846b9.jpg&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain

1 million wout power with more to come as she crawls through the inland regions.

Well see her effects Monday night through Tuesday as it is forecasted now. 1-2'" of rain with windy conditions.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12377
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:15 pm

@amugs wrote:The flooding is now going to be a catastrophic concern as the 18-20 Trillion gallons of liquid will be draining into the rivers and will cause historical cresting of the rivers downstream over the next few days like Tuesday/Wednesday.
Jesus H this is incredible from Jack Sillan pro met
MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 ?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_153702189112716&key=e1e7dc862af11f29652fc542d68928ac&libId=jm3j4s7l0102n0l7000MA6xwebylb&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain.com%2Ftopic%2F1404-hurricane-florence-mega-thread-forecast-observations%2F%3Fpage%3D168&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2F33andrain%2Fmonthly_2018_09%2F34120582_03CapeFearRvatFayetteville.jpg.e144b521adfa5fe74776a6607a4846b9.jpg&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain

1 million wout power with more to come as she crawls through the inland regions.

Well see her effects Monday night through Tuesday as it is forcasted now. 1-2'" of rain with windy conditions.
I think there is the potential for a lot more rain than that but it depends, Euro shows the low reintensifying enhancing rain a lot over the area while others do not so much. Cone keeps shifting north south north, now center of depression is just NW of NYC in the 3 day cone.

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 15225010

jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18376
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Jman the limiting factor in how much rain we will get is the speed of movement. This thing will be accelerating like a rocket as it passes us

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Jman the limiting factor in how much rain we will get is the speed of movement. This thing will be accelerating like a rocket as it passes us
True, your right.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18376
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by sroc4 Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am

@jmanley32 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Jman the limiting factor in how much rain we will get is the speed of movement. This thing will be accelerating like a rocket as it passes us
True, your right.

Or maybe not.  Look at what half the euro ensemble members are starting to do.  Yes about half the members take her off the NE coast and redevelop her, prob to hurricane strength again, as she heads up into the N Atlantic  However; it looks like the other half of the members actually have her come off the coast and loop back around towards the EC.  hmmmm  

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Ecmwf_26

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6965
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by SoulSingMG Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am

@sroc4 wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Jman the limiting factor in how much rain we will get is the speed of movement. This thing will be accelerating like a rocket as it passes us
True, your right.

Or maybe not.  Look at what half the euro ensemble members are starting to do.  Yes about half the members take her off the NE coast and redevelop her, prob to hurricane strength again, as she heads up into the N Atlantic  However; it looks like the other half of the members actually have her come off the coast and loop back around towards the EC.  hmmmm  

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Ecmwf_26

This looping signal started showing up yesterday morning and clearly gained more support overnight. Wouldn't that be something else.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2787
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by jmanley32 Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Not sure what U mean by May be not Scott
She's going to be slower? I mentioned one of the euro ensembles the other day had her redevelop and hit nc again as a 989mb storm. That would be awful. Also what is limiting all the loops to staying at depression status isn't this water still primo?If she does look and redevelop this could be a record amount of time a storm is around. By then b nearly all of September.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18376
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland - Page 7 Empty Re: MAJOR HURRICANE FLORENCE part 2: Will have historic impacts to the Carolina coastline and areas inland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum