Banter Thread 5.0

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 41 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by docstox12 on Sun May 10, 2020 10:13 am

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here and everywhere! We son's love our Moms dearly!!! Have the best of days!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Sun May 10, 2020 11:24 am

Happy mothers day to all moms. Its especially hard being we cannot see our parents or hug them. I havent seen my mom and dad face to face since Early March and they did not want contact then so the last time I hugged my mom was Christmas. They won't let us visit till there's a vaccine which concerns me very much being that could be years from now. Their granddaughter will be a preteen by then, they can certainly take her for a few weeks when this is over LOL Hey they offered!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 on Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 pm

To all the wonderful mothers happy Mother’s Day at least today is a Beautiful day even though it’s cooler than normal at least it wasn’t like last year when it was rainy raw and cold

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Sun May 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Happy mothers day to all!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Sun May 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's! The hardest job in the world, raising children whether 1 or 31 or 51. Hope you enjoyed your day!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Solar implications for years to come? Possibly if looking/researching past history of such.

Spaceweather which is run by NASA and NOAA!!

100 DAYS WITHOUT SUNSPOTS: 2020 is not even 5 months old. Already there have been 100 days without sunspots. This is a sign that Solar Minimum is underway. So far this year, the sun has been blank 76% of the time, a rate surpassed only once before in the Space Age. Last year, 2019, the sun was blank 77% of the time. Two consecutive years of record-setting spotlessness adds up to a very deep Solar Minimum, indeed.

Said this 4 years ago and the influence on the weather patterns have been taking hold for the past couple of years now. Meridional flow of the jet.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm

About friggin time for these regions. From Orange county to the Canadian border of the state should be open. They should have been started this opening up 2 weeks ago.
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 41 Img_5710

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli on Mon May 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Better to be safe(re-opening)than be sorry later(virus is back)

mwilli

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Mon May 11, 2020 3:06 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:
@amugs wrote:Jman,
You will not hear about the food shortages because MSM is not there yet nor does anyone want to believe it until its bad. The bubble of this greater metropolis is no indication of whats happening in the rest of the country. You have to dig a bit to find this information. I hate to say but I have heard so many of my freinds say the same thing - what I can still buy meat and poultry. No big deal.  The rest of the country has been rationed, or there is sparsely any meats in the store.  As I said to my friends by Mid May this will hit and some 8n the industry are saying it will last 1.5 years. Then why is super meat fast food chains pulling burgers off their menus which is their revenue staple? He was informed of this impending issue 2-3 weeks ago by his staff. No one outside of NYC and Buffalo vote for him. Velief is he caters to those areas and its pretty much true. Cuomo is too late to the game as most politicians are in this one.

@Greslig great questions in your post. The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself- FDR. So true and this is what has happened to us.
People are fearful and feel paralyzed in this region. Why should upstate NY be lockdown when they have had and presently have few to zero cases? That to me is tyranny.

The Independent Restaurant Association of America said two weeks ago that 50% of the restaurants will close their doors for good if not opened to even 1/2 capacity in 2-3 weeks time.That horse is leaving town as we speak. Tey have rents, mortgages, taxes, utilities, contracts for food, and alcohol, and even some maintenance that needs to done and be paid. Even if they get an extension they still have to pay these down the road. And if they open at 25% is it worth it? Three owners I know personally said if we don't open to 50% in 2 weeks we're done. Gov't $ only gets you so far and....they have to pay it back its a loan, not a free loaf of bread!!! It's pretty tough.

They are going to push mandatory vaccines, who stand to make billions off of this ...Big Pharma, Gates (POS) and the Clinton Foundation along with Bezos and Soros.  They want to chip us all and are looking to put this in for all children and sell it as safety for your child.

The biill get this 6666 is on the house floor for tracking us and door to door vaccinations when it comes out mandatory wise if we were in the vicinity of a positive tested person.
Here is the article
https://therayfield.com/us-house-introduces-hr-6666-for-forced-covid-19-testing-in-residences-by-contact-tracers

Mugs do you really believe CARES Act was implemented Jan of 2019? That would mean the US knew this was going to happen over a year ago. that is quite a conspiracy theory. That is in the article you posted. I find that very very hard to believe and I know you are a smart man.

Jman thank you for the compliment and believe me I would not post information if I did not research this. It was from the congressional record and report in fact introduced on Jan 24th ,the CARES act. We can not be blinded by the smokes and mirrors that has been and cotunues to be put up by some of our state and federal goblvt officials.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748

Watch this video about Gates and his Giant Squid reach on World Health. Alternative motivations to say the least. It doesn't get int his massive affects on Agriculture, Tech or Education. John D of present times, same script, same history being made but more!
23 minutes of Holy ??? IMO.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Mon May 11, 2020 3:18 pm

@mwilli wrote:Better to be safe(re-opening)than be sorry later(virus is back)
Safety yes but they have few I mean 3, 5, 7 to no cases in these counties. There is no safe aspect here that needs to be addressed. NYC and urban areas absolutely yes be careful but not these rural areas that have had few and continue to have few to no cases. The intent from the beginning was to curb the infection, stop the hospitals from being overrun, and keep the public safe. Guess what they had more cases of the pneumonia than COVID during these past 2 months in a majority of these counties in the regions AC outlined. Oswego, Delaware, Erie, Adirondack region etc etc. If you were to read the decree EO-exective order- he signed as did many governors u would think they were commies. In a nutshell the only means as to why any citizen is to leave their home is to get necessary foods, medicines, medical care, or a deemed a necessary worker. So if I went for a walk I am breaking the law, if I did yardwork on my own property I am breaking the law, if I talked to my neighbor sitting on my lawn and he sat on his across the street 20'wide I am breaking the law. Read the decree and you'll be enlightened to the control they did impose but PD were like there is no way to control all of this.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Mon May 11, 2020 3:55 pm

@amugs wrote:About friggin time for these regions. From Orange county to the Canadian border of the state should be open. They should have been started this opening up 2 weeks ago.
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 41 Img_5710

Awesome! I have a vacation day coming Friday, maybe I'll run up to the Finger Lakes and grab some wine! drunken

Snowfall winter of 2019-2020      8.5"

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Wed May 13, 2020 10:22 am

I said last week I wasn’t going to post my thoughts on the reopening issue anymore as I’ve said all I have to say. I’m sticking to that. But in order to just add some perspective to any ongoing discussions here: Everyone should understand no matter what position you take on this reopening issue, that it is already underway. Many states are largely re-opened (with guidelines) at this point. Georgia has been reopened three weeks with no significant spike in cases. Florida’s beaches are packed. Dine-in restaurants just reopened in California. Dr. Fauci when asked by Senator Alexander indicated its very possible schools will be ready to open in the Fall.
So at this point whether you want to reopen quick, slow, or somewhere in between, keep in mind the die is sort of cast; the process is underway at varying rates In various places so whatever is going to happen. . . Is going to happen.
Have a great day and stay safe everyone!
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Wed May 13, 2020 3:23 pm

I agree that the die is cast, the process is underway. It has to start at some point. I disagree with you on Florida's beaches being packed. My son lives in Fort Lauderdale, so I keep an eye on what's going on down there. Here is a live webcam shot of Miami Beach and South Beach, about as far from packed as you can get.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach1

Here's south beach
https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach7

Key west looks like a ghost town

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/keywest/?cam=irishkevins

How about Rio de Janeiro's famous Copacabana Beach

https://www.earthcam.com/world/brazil/riodejaneiro/?cam=rio_copacabana

Might have to watch an ad before cam loads.Click on earth cam network on top and you can see how things look in other states and countrys,all with live feeds.Things look surprisingly quiet in most locations judging by the feeds I have been looking at.

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Wed May 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Greybeard, great links, really enjoyed going there virtually!

As you say, looks deserted.Looks like people are very tentatively resuming normal activities.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 on Wed May 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Yep Doc even with places reopening that I hope doesn't happen to soon here as we are the hardest hit and still going with the death toll and to many cases with children now getting sick and dying, there will be lots of fear and I don't think that will end anytime soon!

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 on Wed May 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Yep Doc even with places reopening that I hope doesn't happen to soon here as we are the hardest hit and still going with the death toll and to many cases with children now getting sick and dying, there will be lots of fear and I don't think that will end anytime soon!

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Wed May 13, 2020 6:17 pm

jimv45, it's a very difficult situation and I am glad I don't have to make those decisions.
Next month, I will go to my Podiatrist for my toe nail cutting ( thank you young workers for paying into Medicare,LOL) and then to my Dermatologist for my 6 month check in July.In July or August, my wife and I will go to outdoor restaurants with tables spaced apart.We are in our late 60's, and will refrain from movies, Broadway Shows, which we love,cruises and indoor dining until a vaccine come out.We have to look forward to some activities because after being stuck indoors all this time, we are at the point of thinking to just get the virus and die already,lol.Either that or just drink ourselves to death,LOL.

I have seen three articles today with people who are 97, 102 and 108 who had the virus and beat it.Apparently people DO survive.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 on Wed May 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Yes I know where you are coming from doc! I am a type one diabetic and have my mom staying with us that is 80 and has Parkinson Disease it tough to stay indoors all the time. Hope for better days!!

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 pm

@jimv45 wrote:Yes I know where you are coming from doc!  I am a type one diabetic and have my mom staying with us that is 80 and has Parkinson Disease it tough to stay indoors all the time.  Hope for better days!!

Stay safe and healthy jimv45, you and your family.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 on Wed May 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Same to you doc things have to get better.

jimv45
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Wed May 13, 2020 8:28 pm

@docstox12 wrote:jimv45, it's a very difficult situation and I am glad I don't have to make those decisions.
Next month, I will go to my Podiatrist for my toe nail cutting ( thank you young workers for paying into Medicare,LOL) and then to my Dermatologist for my 6 month check in July.In July or August, my wife and I will go to outdoor restaurants with tables spaced apart.We are in our late 60's, and will refrain from movies, Broadway Shows, which we love,cruises and indoor dining until a vaccine come out.We have to look forward to some activities because after being stuck indoors all this time, we are at the point of thinking to just get the virus and die already,lol.Either that or just drink ourselves to death,LOL.

I have seen three articles today with people who are 97, 102 and 108 who had the virus and beat it.Apparently people DO survive.

Doc Vitamin C, Zinc, and D are all essential to boosting you immune system and warding OFF any virus. You need to take your necessary precautions of course.

I viewed two renowned immunologist and virologists videos - one from EYErrrland (Ireland) and one from the USA. They have written their respective presidents and leaders and have said that the young and healthy need to get back to normal activities. the panic and fear that the media has spread to this point has been unwarranted. If you wish to view here are the videos. These folks are not hacks but experts in their fields.

As far as the children it is sad - horrible - don't get me wrong BUT if you have any symptom that is COVID related (stomach upset, headache, fever, cough, sniffles (runny nose), lung congestion - HMMMM sounds like a broad diagnoses no, common cold, stomach fly/bug??) you are classified as COVID positive. I asked my good friend who is an intern out of St, Joe's in Paterson if I should be concerned for my young niece he said NO. If anything it is Kawasaki's disease - which my son had when he was 5 and had a fever, upset stomach and head congestion but they are labeling it "COVID" with the liberal symptomatic classifications that CDC have expanded.

Enjoy watching and enlightening to say the least.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Wed May 13, 2020 8:39 pm

I guess I'm getting drawn back into this. I should just not come to this page anymore since I'm incapable of not responding, but since it was aimed at my post . . .

CDC (Go to their website if you want to fact-check) Data valid 5/13/20:
Covid-19 U.S. Deaths children 14 and under 2/1/20-5/9/20: 12
Influenza U.S. Deaths children 14 and under 2/1/20-5/9/20: 89 (remember the flu season starts in November so this number is way lower than the seasonal total, and therefore the influenza death toll for this season is likely 10 or 20 times more deadly than COVID to children).

If we're doing this because children are dying, we need to close the country every year from November to March for the hundreds of children who die from the flu. I didn't see one post on here in the last 5 years calling for the country to shut down all winter to save children who were dying from the flu.  Do they not count?? Are they not important? Then why do we let them die without taking every possible step to protect them, like shutting the country down? There is simply no way around that argument. The "children are dying from this" is an intellectually disingenuous argument because the data clearly shows, and experts have repeatedly said, this virus does not target children and is not a particular danger to them.

As for the beaches, there are a lot of beaches in Florida. I know what I've seen with my own eyes on television. Lots of people are going. So many people packed the beach in Naples this weekend that the local officials shut it down, but then had to vote last night to reopen it.
Here is a link (sorry it's not a cam, but I think it's a semi-reputable source). Note the summary at the top of the story stating "Officials said beaches were as crowded as the Fourth of July and Memorial Day holidays."
https://weather.com/health/coronavirus/news/2020-05-12-florida-beaches-trashed-after-reopening-coronavirus
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm

@billg315 wrote:I guess I'm getting drawn back into this. I should just not come to this page anymore since I'm incapable of not responding, but since it was aimed at my post . . .

CDC (Go to their website if you want to fact-check) Data valid 5/13/20:
Covid-19 U.S. Deaths children 14 and under 2/1/20-5/9/20: 12
Influenza U.S. Deaths children 14 and under 2/1/20-5/9/20: 89 (remember the flu season starts in November so this number is way lower than the seasonal total, and therefore the influenza death toll for this season is likely 10 or 20 times more deadly than COVID to children).

If we're doing this because children are dying, we need to close the country every year from November to March for the hundreds of children who die from the flu. I didn't see one post on here in the last 5 years calling for the country to shut down all winter to save children who were dying from the flu.  Do they not count?? Are they not important? Then why do we let them die without taking every possible step to protect them, like shutting the country down? There is simply no way around that argument. The "children are dying from this" is an intellectually disingenuous argument because the data clearly shows, and experts have repeatedly said, this virus does not target children and is not a particular danger to them.

As for the beaches, there are a lot of beaches in Florida. I know what I've seen with my own eyes on television. Lots of people are going. So many people packed the beach in Naples this weekend that the local officials shut it down, but then had to vote last night to reopen it.
Here is a link (sorry it's not a cam, but I think it's a semi-reputable source). Note the summary at the top of the story stating "Officials said beaches were as crowded as the Fourth of July and Memorial Day holidays."
https://weather.com/health/coronavirus/news/2020-05-12-florida-beaches-trashed-after-reopening-coronavirus

Bill, excellent informational post again.
The actual deaths of these children are classified as COVID as they have thousands of other deaths that may not and to some are not COVID deaths.

9 Million Peeps
As of today
NJ Infection rate per the population is 1.5% 140,703
NJ Death rate is  1/10thnof 1%  9,508

Infection rate increase is................00019% = a nanomolecule

Death rate of those infected is 6% 9508/140703

This is the facts folks of the numbers.

Last edited by amugs on Wed May 13, 2020 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Wed May 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Mugs, not sure where you are getting your numbers, I have been checking this website since the onset. it was 300,00 when i first looked back in mid March.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Now showing a total of 4,345,269 total confirmed cases worldwide,less than half of your number of 9 million.

billg,you are right there are many beaches in Fl. I guess they are governed by their own town or county. I thought it would be a statewide decision, which apparently was incorrect. Your article did mention that people were driving 2 hrs. from south florida, where beaches are still closed, to Naples, where beaches were open. My links were all from south florida, so that explains the discrepancy.

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Grey look at my post my man I referred to NJ not the world with me numbers.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum