Banter Thread 5.0

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 43 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Fri May 15, 2020 7:58 am

@docstox12 wrote:Just read that Cuomo extended the lockdown for most areas of New York State until June 13th.Broadway shows will not re-open until Labor day and even schools re-opening in September are in doubt.
If the Federal Government does not send billions to New York State, many small businesses will go belly up.
Looks like we have our own scientific experiment set up now.States that re-open earlier versus states like New York that remain mostly in lockdown. Let's all pray the results are not deadly.As Doc said above, we will soon find out the results of what we think we know.
Are you sure? Ny state website says nothing about PAUSE being extended. I am going to look into this more, to not reopen any of NY state at all now for another month means that once the metrics are met to get through each phase will take well into the fall.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Fri May 15, 2020 8:01 am

No the PAUSE has not been continued to June 13th, can you post your source? If he has its  not official.  News says PAUSE expires today and 5 regions start reopening. Mid Hudson won't start because we havent met the metric yet same NYC and LI.  See this chart its helpful.

http://westchester.news12.com/story/42133984/midhudson-region-still-not-hitting-2-benchmarks-in-order-to-reopen

Edit it appears some news souces say he said this yesterday, NY state website either hasnt updated or it was misconstrued, I see them saying he said some regions are opening but the PAUSE is still in place till June 13th per the Governor. We will iron this out today. All I know is I am concerned about my job as we arent that big a private school and we are losing hundreds of student bills perday, we arent grant funded like DOE we are paid per student per session by DOH. Many parents did not opt into the telehealth or did not respond, cancel sessions often or dropped out. It's not good, we have a zoom update from our director at 12:30 at which time we all must mute ourselves and hear her before asking questions...this makes me very nervous.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bkdude on Fri May 15, 2020 10:31 am

I thought you'd be interested in this story

The sun has entered a ‘lockdown’ period, which could cause freezing weather, famine

https://nypost.com/2020/05/14/the-sun-has-entered-a-lockdown-period-which-could-cause-freezing-weather-famine/

Sent from the New York Post app. For more from the Post, visit

http://nypost.com.
To download our apps, visit http://nypost.com/mobile-apps

Bkdude

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 pm

@Bkdude wrote: I thought you'd be interested in this story

The sun has entered a ‘lockdown’ period, which could cause freezing weather, famine

https://nypost.com/2020/05/14/the-sun-has-entered-a-lockdown-period-which-could-cause-freezing-weather-famine/

Saw that and this started two years ago LOL!! We will see some very extreme weather with wild swings. We are seeing areas of the world that have been in a deep freeze (Aussie land, Tasmania, Russia, Uzbekistan, extremely wet (North Africa, Middle East), droughts, massive hail storms and yes a massive uptick in Geomagnetism on this planet in teh form of Earthquakes adn Volcanoes in all parts of the world. This is all due to the Grand Solar Minimum we have entered and will be in for what some are predicting 20 -35 years , some 40 -50 years (Zardhikova, Casey) cosmic ray flux is altering the Hadley/Walker cells over the equatorial tropical convergence zone which has a huge affect on the planets jet stream and oceans. They are cooling at the equator in the PAC and the evidence is showing a La Nina incoming. This is not good for tropical cyclone activity  in the Atlantic Basin for it will have a profound affect on the development and knock down the Pacific Typhoon season as well - not that they wont get any but it will inhibit their development. Their is a MASIVE domino affect from low solar and hat eto say this but we are on a 12000, 4000, 1000, 400, 200, 22,11 year cycles that are all converging on this decade we have just encountered.

So what does this mean? It means we have extreme weather events, magnitude and volume increases of eq's and puffers that may do some collateral damage to regions and possibly continental swaths of land. History has shown this time and time again - NATURE LOVES TO REPEAT HERSELF!

If I were to post all the daily wild weather on our planet we'd have 100 pages by now just for this year alone.

Lastly, we have to see if some type of NOVA whether super (god forbid) or minimal Carrignton event occurs which has happened in ALL the above mentioned and stated years solar cycles.

Lastly our geomagnetic poles are shifting and moving fast - this is not good for this planet - if the were to meet up then we may see a massive geological event.

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 43 EX7hCy8VcAAJOcR?format=jpg&name=small

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 on Fri May 15, 2020 12:41 pm

@amugs wrote:

Saw that and this started two years ago LOL!! We will see some very extreme weather with wild swings. We are seeing areas of the world that have been in a deep freeze (Aussie land, Tasmania, Russia, Uzbekistan, extremely wet (North Africa, Middle East), droughts, massive hail storms and yes a massive uptick in Geomagnetism on this planet in teh form of Earthquakes adn Volcanoes in all parts of the world. This is all due to the Grand Solar Minimum we have entered and will be in for what some are predicting 20 -35 years , some 40 -50 years (Zardhikova, Casey) cosmic ray flux is altering the Hadley/Walker cells over the equatorial tropical convergence zone which has a huge affect on the planets jet stream and oceans. They are cooling at the equator in the PAC and the evidence is showing a La Nina incoming. This is not good for tropical cyclone activity  in the Atlantic Basin for it will have a profound affect on the development and knock down the Pacific Typhoon season as well - not that they wont get any but it will inhibit their development. Their is a MASIVE domino affect from low solar and hat eto say this but we are on a 12000, 4000, 1000, 400, 200, 22,11 year cycles that are all converging on this decade we have just encountered.

So what does this mean? It means we have extreme weather events, magnitude and volume increases of eq's and puffers that may do some collateral damage to regions and possibly continental swaths of land. History has shown this time and time again - NATURE LOVES TO REPEAT HERSELF!

If I were to post all the daily wild weather on our planet we'd have 100 pages by now just for this year alone.

Lastly, we have to see if some type of NOVA whether super (god forbid) or minimal Carrignton event occurs which has happened in ALL the above mentioned and stated years solar cycles.

Lastly our geomagnetic poles are shifting and moving fast - this is not good for this planet - if the were to meet up then we may see a massive geological event.

NOT if, but when. In our life time, my kids, my grandkids? But its happened for eons before and will cont. Again not if but when

WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)

WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" [size=10](First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)[/size]
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Fri May 15, 2020 2:34 pm

@sroc4 wrote:
@amugs wrote:

NOT if, but when.  In our life time, my kids, my grandkids?  But its happened for eons before and will cont.  Again not if but when

Scott great posts above about COVID and this as well - scary and helpless feeling - if we get a Carrington Event we are screwed royally for it shall fry all of our 10,000 satellites for communications, weather, defense etc. and our power grid - we will get sent into a massive spiral that no gov't is ready for and the people will be on their own. I have to say Trump - not getting political at all - has put tens of millions into hardening our power grid and defense network/forces/bases to prevent such and we are ahead of the game overall but it will take years and tens to hundreds of millions more to do so.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 on Sat May 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Hope everyone is doing well

Stay safe
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Sat May 16, 2020 11:18 pm

#lastnormalphoto was trending on Twitter today, which is pretty much the last photo you have (or someone has of you) before the shutdowns/quarantines began. For me, this was it.  Look at how we were huddled together in a packed restaurant having a good time.  Not pictured was when a huge crowd of bar crawlers for early St. Patrick's day festivities was in the restaurant.  We were anything but social distancing at that point.

This was the afternoon of Saturday March 7th.  At that point, the coronavirus to me was of somewhat a concern, but not a full concern.  It was later that evening after I got back and read information about it that reality began to set it that a shutdown would loom in the near future.  It happened a week later.

Who knows when (or if) we'll be in this type of setting again.

@Frank_Wx wrote:
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 43 56684710

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie on Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 am

@Math23x7 wrote:#lastnormalphoto was trending on Twitter today, which is pretty much the last photo you have (or someone has of you) before the shutdowns/quarantines began. For me, this was it.  Look at how we were huddled together in a packed restaurant having a good time.  Not pictured was when a huge crowd of bar crawlers for early St. Patrick's day festivities was in the restaurant.  We were anything but social distancing at that point.

This was the afternoon of Saturday March 7th.  At that point, the coronavirus to me was of somewhat a concern, but not a full concern.  It was later that evening after I got back and read information about it that reality began to set it that a shutdown would loom in the near future.  It happened a week later.  

Who knows when (or if) we'll be in this type of setting again.

@Frank_Wx wrote:
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 43 56684710

That’s the last normal photo for me too.  It did enter my mind as we all hugged each other at the end, “Should we really be doing this?”. And obviously we all thought “Oh, what the hell.”. I said this before in this thread, but you are all the last people I hugged, and that is probably going to be true for the foreseeable future.  

Who knew that everyone’s life would change so drastically in one week?

I will truly never forget that afternoon.

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sun May 17, 2020 7:14 am

@Snow88 wrote:Hope everyone is doing well

Stay safe
Hope you are safe..being on the frontlines..we are good here in Hazlet!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Anyone with access to models and historical data want to venture when it gets a bit warmer as in sustained 80s? I am opening the pool but I don’t know why. Still so cool. Off topic: grocery shopping today I saw chuck roast for what was almost $11 a pound. Everything is expensive. Chuck roast-$11/lb. $25 for just over two lbs. Terrible.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Damian, what you are seeing with the chuck roast is classic inflation.Too much money chasing too few goods.
How long it lasts I have no idea , but when the meat processing plants outputs get back to pre COVID levels, that price will drop.
OTOH, with so much traffic off the roads, gasoline has dropped .I saw 1.79 in a NY STATION,LOL.The exact opposite of the chuck roast, too much gasoline and fewer dollars chasing it.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Wed May 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Doc, wise as always. And very clearly explained
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 am

Food issues are not just with the plant workers it with the supply. 1.5 million cattle head and dairy cows slaughtered, 22% of the heads in America wiped out if the numbers are correct. Poultry, 35 million chickens and hens killed. 30% of the population wiped out there. Rationing of mrats across the USA and shortages.
3 VEI 3/4 Volcano's erupted this past weekend. One in Iceland and two in Indonesia.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 am

@amugs wrote:Food issues are not just with the plant workers it with the supply. 1.5 million cattle head and dairy cows slaughtered, 22% of the heads in America wiped out if the numbers are correct. Poultry, 35 million chickens and hens killed. 30% of the population wiped out there. Rationing of mrats across the USA and shortages.
3 VEI 3/4 Volcano's erupted this past weekend. One in Iceland and two in Indonesia.

Mugsy, exactly right and I should have mentioned that bin the meat plant output/inflation discussion I had above this.It's an artificial massive drop in supply which, albeit temporary, will cause inflation in meat and chicken products.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu May 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Brownie, hope you and your students weathered  Wink  the  AP exam!? My son had his first today...fingers crossed...just glad that it is over and the pressure is off!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Mom, good luck for your son!

And ...nice day...to open the pool...and I did.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie on Thu May 21, 2020 8:08 pm

@weatherwatchermom wrote:Hi Brownie, hope you and your students weathered  Wink  the  AP exam!? My son had his first today...fingers crossed...just glad that it is over and the pressure is off!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
Thanks for thinking of me!  My kids had their exam on the 14th.  They were all smiles the next day, so I think it went well.  Hope your son did well on his!

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri May 22, 2020 6:44 am

@dkodgis wrote:Mom, good luck for your son!

And ...nice day...to open the pool...and I did.
Thank you!!! We are all happy it is over...Enjoy the pool! From what I am hearing its a hot commodity this year along with RV's...(we put up ours after we come back from our boating vacation..mid July..this year is going to be interesting for sure)Have a great weekend!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri May 22, 2020 6:48 am

@brownie wrote:
@weatherwatchermom wrote:Hi Brownie, hope you and your students weathered  Wink  the  AP exam!? My son had his first today...fingers crossed...just glad that it is over and the pressure is off!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
Thanks for thinking of me!  My kids had their exam on the 14th.  They were all smiles the next day, so I think it went well.  Hope your son did well on his!
He was smiles when it was over...I did hear a large groan when it started...I almost had a heart attack..he said his topic was on his one weak area...lol..he said he took a deep breath calmed himself and got thru it...lol  he got it turned in with 35 seconds to spare...THANK GOODNESS ITS OVER!!!  Enjoy your weekend!! ps...I peaked at what topics were on the 14th.....narrowed down what you teach.. Smile Smile
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Fri May 22, 2020 11:40 am

I can't even keep track of what I'm spending! lol 5 adults in the house, food bill was usually over $200 anyway. Paper goods and detergents used to boost the bill, now who knows what it is. But it's not corn on the cob, on sale for .19 each, haven't seen that low of a price in years! Everything else, it is what it is. We need to eat, and we're not driving around much, so instead of going to fuel, it's going to food. I must say though, we have been doing takeout a lot to support our local restaurants. Have a great weekend everyone!

Snowfall winter of 2019-2020      8.5"

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie on Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 pm

@weatherwatchermom wrote:
@brownie wrote:
He was smiles when it was over...I did hear a large groan when it started...I almost had a heart attack..he said his topic was on his one weak area...lol..he said he took a deep breath calmed himself and got thru it...lol  he got it turned in with 35 seconds to spare...THANK GOODNESS ITS OVER!!!  Enjoy your weekend!! ps...I peaked at what topics were on the 14th.....narrowed down what you teach.. Smile Smile
I teach chemistry. Did I not say that before?  I wasn’t trying to hide it!  There is a photo of me in my classroom somewhere on this forum - a giant periodic table on the wall and chem notes on the board! Smile

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Fri May 22, 2020 5:23 pm

@Dunnzoo wrote:I can't even keep track of what I'm spending! lol 5 adults in the house, food bill was usually over $200 anyway. Paper goods and detergents used to boost the bill, now who knows what it is. But it's not corn on the cob, on sale for .19 each, haven't seen that low of a price in years! Everything else, it is what it is. We need to eat, and we're not driving around much, so instead of going to fuel, it's going to food. I must say though, we have been doing takeout a lot to support our local restaurants. Have a great weekend everyone!

Dunz, just got back from stop n shop, ears of fresh corn were 5/$1.00, 10/$2.00. Is that close enough for you? Tons of meat selections,pork and chicken were plentiful. Everything well stocked for the holiday weekend. If there is a meat shortage, I'm not seeing it in my neck of the woods.

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Sat May 23, 2020 9:20 am

Greybeard, same with the Stop and Shop up here yesterday.Lot's of meat, my wife got pork chops,salmon, telapia and chop meat.
Also an ENTIRE ROW of toilet paper.I LOL when I saw that.Plenty of paper towels and napkins.This is the most full I have seen the store stocked since the Panic Demic started.
Have a Great Memorial Weekend Everybody!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am

Doc, I think Friday is a good day to shop because it's the day the new weekly menu comes out, and being the start of a holiday weekend, they want to keep people happy. I guess all the meat, chicken and toilet paper hoarders have filed their coffers these past few weeks so the panic buying has settled down. For me, pulling out a piece of meat or chicken that has been sitting in the bottom of a freezer for the past six months just doesn't sound too appetizing. They had porterhouse or t-bone steaks for $6.99/lb.and they will be hitting the grill this weekend.

Last edited by GreyBeard on Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum