NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II

+23
SoulSingMG
hyde345
SNOW MAN
MattyICE
SENJsnowman
CDF24
mmanisca
weatherwatchermom
amugs
WeatherBob
TheAresian
crippo84
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
dsix85
rb924119
billg315
CPcantmeasuresnow
heehaw453
jmanley32
frank 638
Irish
Frank_Wx
27 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II

Post by SENJsnowman Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
SENJsnowman wrote:Looks like a significant increase snow totals throughout Ocean County from 00z-06z overnight. One more tick se which I think can still hold serve for everyone else, and we back in double digit totals ALL THE WAY TO BARNEGAT!!!

LAR-RY!! LAR-RY!! Let’s do this man! Skidoo, you too up there in the TR!!

Yeah, next tick will be nw. lol

did you mean to post this twice? it was posted several posts back fyi.

Nope...no idea how that happened. lol Scroll up and look what I did to the second one. It took up WAY too much of my time just now.

10"+!!! From Yonkers to Bayville!! Bedminster to Wading River!! Cranford to Orange County NY!!

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:27 pm

18z shifted a good amount north, shore peeps arent go be happy if this is true.

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:33 pm

@Rooster89

Do you have a boss like this?

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 Boss10

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

RJB8525 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:37 pm

This is shaping up to be a kegger event.

Yay!
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:43 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
SENJsnowman wrote:Looks like a significant increase snow totals throughout Ocean County from 00z-06z overnight. One more tick se which I think can still hold serve for everyone else, and we back in double digit totals ALL THE WAY TO BARNEGAT!!!

LAR-RY!! LAR-RY!! Let’s do this man! Skidoo, you too up there in the TR!!

Yeah, next tick will be nw. lol

did you mean to post this twice? it was posted several posts back fyi.

Nope...no idea how that happened. lol Scroll up and look what I did to the second one. It took up WAY too much of my time just now.

10"+!!! From Yonkers to Bayville!! Bedminster to Wading River!!  Cranford to Orange County NY!!

If it happens again, hit edit, highlight the whole post, right click, cut, then just put any letter in there. I think we lose the ability to delete if someone posts after you. Try it on the one you put the lines through.

Happy trails!

Last edited by GreyBeard on Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by WeatherBob Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:44 pm

I wanna see a snow map from RB!!!!
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Irish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WeatherBob Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Frank, where is your snow map?
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:46 pm

WeatherBob wrote:I wanna see a snow map from RB!!!!

Frank got so excited putting his together he had a heart attack.
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:50 pm

I've learned and Frank works hard so this is totally joking. Arpund 4pm means about 6 hrs later.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 pm

He might have od'd on the copocollo.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 and dsix85 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:53 pm

He did also say he wasn't available this weekend to zoom so he is prolly busy.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

GreyBeard wrote:@Rooster89

Do you have a boss like this?

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 Boss10
no I don’t lol But My crazy Italian uncle he owns a pizzeria in the Bronx no rain no snow storm or hurricanes will stop him from working 🤣

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:59 pm

WeatherBob wrote:I wanna see a snow map from RB!!!!

I’m not gonna be able to make one......again Sad I don’t have enough time this “weekend”....A.K.A. my one day off tomorrow before I go back to work again (and yes, for those wondering, I’m working today/right now too aha)

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:59 pm

Amazing how consistent on many models that jackpot in CNJ has been. I'd be surprised now if it doesn't happen somewhere within 30 miles of that spot.

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 53157210
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Irish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Umm guys, the rgem just went nuts and stalled till wed!!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 pm

I was actually expecting to see a lot more snow but I see a lot rain is pushed in on jersey coast even NYC and southern westchester which cut toals bad. It did shift NE though the axis of snow.

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 Rgem10
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:10 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Amazing how consistent on many models that jackpot in CNJ has been. I'd be surprised now if it doesn't happen somewhere within 30 miles of that spot.

February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 53157210
I am totally fine with my 18.7 there!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:17 pm

I was going to wait until Frank posted his snow map before posting this for three reasons:
1.) It’s his Forum, so I defer to him on almost everything;
2.) His map will be of higher quality (I’m sure JMan will reference his daughter’s water colors again lol)
3.) Frank’s map will come with more detailed analysis.
But since Frank’s map is a bit delayed I’ll throw mine out there to chew on as an appetizer before his main course arrives.

P.s I still remember stealing this base map from rb in 2018. Thanks rb! Much better than the one I used back in December.

So here goes:
Green: Mostly Rain. Snow at start and end but so much more rain as to render any accumulation marginal. But watch winds and coastal flooding.
Yellow: 5-10”. Snow will have some sleet and rain mix in at times in the middle of the storm, especially close to the shore, which will keep totals down a tad. If you get less mixing you’ll be closer to 10”; more and you’ll be near 5”.
Blue/Purple: 10-15”. Heavy snow throughout. Maybe a lull during transfer to coastal early Monday, but will pick up again as coastal takes over.
Red (in middle of Blue): 15-20” in jackpot zone. CCB band crushes it.
Orange: 5-10” of snow. Good steady snow but just a tad away from the heaviest bands.
Pink: 3-5” of snow. I just think this is going to be where the cutoff is for the really heavy snow from the coastal. This area may benefit more from the WWA out front which could boost this total a bit.
February 1st-2nd Snowstorm Part II - Page 9 C0233210
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

sroc4, rb924119, Grselig, brownie, weatherwatchermom and phil155 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:23 pm

If you can just expand that red band a tad west, that would be nice.! Thanks for posting.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:24 pm

billg315 wrote:I was going to wait until Frank posted his snow map before posting this for three reasons:
2.) His map will be of higher quality (I’m sure JMan will reference his daughter’s water colors again lol)
But since Frank’s map is a bit delayed I’ll throw mine out there to chew on as an appetizer before his main course arrives.

P.s I still remember stealing this base map from rb in 2018. Thanks rb! Much better than the one I used back in December.

So here goes:
Green: Mostly Rain. Snow at start and end but so much more rain as to render any accumulation marginal. But watch winds and coastal flooding.
Yellow: 5-10”. Snow will have some sleet and rain mix in at times in the middle of the storm, especially close to the shore, which will keep totals down a tad. If you get less mixing you’ll be closer to 10”; more and you’ll be near 5”.
Blue/Purple: 10-15”. Heavy snow throughout. Maybe a lull during transfer to coastal early Monday, but will pick up again as coastal takes over.
Orange: 5-10” of snow. Good steady snow but just a tad away from the heaviest bands.
Pink: 3-5” of snow. I just think this is going to be where the cutoff is for the really heavy snow from the coastal. This area may benefit more from the WWA out front which could boost this total a bit.
thank you!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm

billg315 wrote:I was going to wait until Frank posted his snow map before posting this for three reasons:

So here goes:
Thank you so much for your snow map And I am happy to be in the jackpot zone we haven’t seen this much snow for a long long time

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm

I don't see any red, or do you have the orange on top of it?

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:29 pm

So here goes:

I think it’s safe to say that he doesn’t mind if other people post maps/forecasts lol in fact, while I can’t speak for the man himself, I would think he welcomes it, as would the moderators, so long as there’s honest effort/quality content to them. A bunch of us make maps all the time, that’s where the other 50% of the fun comes in haha I like your map, but definitely want to pick your brain a bit later on when I get out of work (in a friendly way, of course) Laughing

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:30 pm

GreyBeard wrote:I don't see any red, or do you have the orange on top of it?

The red has an orange hue, but didn't want it confused with the lighter orange to the west. Essentially the red area is that blob you see in the middle of the blue/purple.
billg315
billg315

GreyBeard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Amy Freeze has me up in northern Orange county with 3-6 inches plus mixing/rain. As Mugs says: “You get what you get and you like what you get”
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

rb924119 wrote:

So here goes:

I think it’s safe to say that he doesn’t mind if other people post maps/forecasts lol in fact, while I can’t speak for the man himself, I would think he welcomes it, as would the moderators, so long as there’s honest effort/quality content to them. A bunch of us make maps all the time, that’s where the other 50% of the fun comes in haha I like your map, but definitely want to pick your brain a bit later on when I get out of work (in a friendly way, of course) Laughing
You can definitely pick my brain. Some who have done so have found not much to be found there. LOL. I tend to learn far more from picking your brain, so that will probably be where that conversation goes. haha
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:37 pm

billg315 wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:I don't see any red, or do you have the orange on top of it?

The red has an orange hue, but didn't want it confused with the lighter orange to the west. Essentially the red area is that blob you see in the middle of the blue/purple.

My fault, my old eyes playing tricks on me. The shade of orange was so subtle to me I thought the blue was sandwiched between 2 yellows with orange inbetween.I've got no complaints as you've got me in the red. Thumbs up

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum