NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 28 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by crippo84 Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:02 pm

rb924119 wrote:Yeesh, tough crowd in here today Sad first, everybody was miserable because it was winter but it wasn’t feeling like winter. Now, as advertised, it’s finally feeling like winter (and will continue to for the foreseeable future) but with mere mention that the first of SEVERAL snow chances may not work out for us, y’all are ready for winter to not feel like winter again?? I just don’t understand.

Good grief.

Haha oh no - don't get me wrong. I'm ready to see winter bring more than what it has so far. We definitely need a pattern change and hope for the best w.r.t. snowfall. But morning / evening jogs outside and leisurely trips to the driving range ain't happening with bright sunshine and temps in the upper teens and low 20s lol. Outdoors are cancelled. But at least we have NFL playoffs to enjoy inside with as many ice cold beers as possible.

Am I the only one that takes a 60 volt shock with anything I touch during the extremely cold and dry days? Need some moisture in the air!

crippo84

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:30 pm

docstox12 wrote:
crippo84 wrote:Yuck. Cold and dry can be as depressing as warm and wet during the winter. Sometimes I'm not sure which I'd prefer since they both throw a wrench in our snowfall opportunities. But when it's bone dry and bitterly cold, that's just...miserable.

Could not say this any better! If the cold is not accompanied by a heavy snowstorm and an extended snowpack,it is a waste of time.I would rather be on my deck with temps in the 70's smoking a cigar.

Doc with have a snowpack. It’s two and a half inches of solid snow and ice. I’m okay with it. I realize LI the coastal plain and NYC lost most of not all their snow but I’m good with the cold as long as the ground is white.

Keep up the good work RB and phenomenal call on this pattern change so far ahead of time and almost to the day. Unbelievable what you did.

To call snowstorms weeks or even several days ahead of time is almost impossible. All our experts can do is look for the favorable signs and they’ve been spot on with that.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs and rb924119 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:07 pm

On a different note. Lake effect snow warnings tonight in NYS tug hill plateau and Oswego county. A mere two to three feet expected tonight.

Hopefully I won’t still being saying this in the afterlife but I have to plan a trip up there during one of these. A mere four hour drive to paradise.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Dunnzoo and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crippo84 Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:23 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
crippo84 wrote:Yuck. Cold and dry can be as depressing as warm and wet during the winter. Sometimes I'm not sure which I'd prefer since they both throw a wrench in our snowfall opportunities. But when it's bone dry and bitterly cold, that's just...miserable.

Could not say this any better! If the cold is not accompanied by a heavy snowstorm and an extended snowpack,it is a waste of time.I would rather be on my deck with temps in the 70's smoking a cigar.

Doc with have a snowpack. It’s two and a half inches of solid snow and ice. I’m okay with it. I realize LI the coastal plain and NYC lost most of not all their snow but I’m good with the cold as long as the ground is white.

Keep up the good work RB and phenomenal call on this pattern change so far ahead of time and almost to the day. Unbelievable what you did.

To call snowstorms weeks or even several days ahead of time is almost impossible. All our experts can do is look for the favorable signs and they’ve been spot on with that.

100% agree. Nothing but respect and appreciation for all of our experts and contributors. Mother Nature will do what she will do. But this is where I have always come and will continue to come to be more informed around what to really expect with our local weather.
crippo84
crippo84

rb924119 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:42 pm

MN 
rb924119 wrote:Yeesh, tough crowd in here today Sad first, everybody was miserable because it was winter but it wasn’t feeling like winter. Now, as advertised, it’s finally feeling like winter (and will continue to for the foreseeable future) but with mere mention that the first of SEVERAL snow chances may not work out for us, y’all are ready for winter to not feel like winter again?? I just don’t understand.

Good grief.

Plus, the area just saw a 4-8” storm. Also, a few days before that we saw a storm pass to our south. The pattern has definitely changed in comparison to where we were in December. And it’s still changing! Patience amici!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:43 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:On a different note. Lake effect snow warnings tonight in NYS tug hill plateau and Oswego county. A mere two to three feet expected tonight.

Hopefully I won’t still being saying this in the afterlife but I have to plan a trip up there during one of these. A mere four hour drive to paradise.

If global warming comes through maybe the lake will expand into your backyard

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

CPcantmeasuresnow and rb924119 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:44 pm

7 years ago today

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 28 Njstro11

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs, CPcantmeasuresnow, rb924119 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm

Math23x7 wrote:7 years ago today

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 28 Njstro11

OGs

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:On a different note. Lake effect snow warnings tonight in NYS tug hill plateau and Oswego county. A mere two to three feet expected tonight.

If global warming comes through maybe the lake will expand into your backyard

LOL
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 pm

Book a block of hotel rooms and we can have our get-together up there! Road trip anyone???

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Thanks CP! I must admit that I’m pretty happy (and proud) so far with how this is turning out, but once we get our area-wide 2-3 footer, that’ll be the icing on the cake Wink

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:54 pm

crippo84 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

100% agree. Nothing but respect and appreciation for all of our experts and contributors. Mother Nature will do what she will do. But this is where I have always come and will continue to come to be more informed around what to really expect with our local weather.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that this means a lot. Thanks, crippo! We definitely try to provide the best, unbiased information that we can, even though we’re all a bunch of snowaholics haha we also always try our best to foster a great environment for mets and hobbyists to converse and learn from each other, and, even have a few laughs along the way Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 pm

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 28 UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2021_v6

Dr. Roy Spencer Global Temps = negligible again

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:30 am

Hey there, Wx Forum Fam!

I haven't had much time to post consistently on here but I wanted to share with you why, and for good reason. Very Happy

Last Fall, I accepted a position at FOX Weather -- a new platform launched by FOX Corporation in late October. I am currently working on their Programming team as I wrap up my last year of Broadcast Meteorology studies via Mississippi State's distance learning program. As an aside, if anyone reading this is interested in furthering their education in weather, feel free to reach out to me as I highly recommend MSU's program and can offer some solid insight on it, three years in.

Though the journey has been lengthy, I am super excited for what's to come as I work toward a position on-air and am thankful I've been able to be a part of such a passionate, well-versed community like this forum. Many of you have been a resounding reminder of the importance to water the plant that gives you the biggest joy in life, in ways big and small. I hope to make you proud.

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 28 Fox_wx10
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Frank_Wx, amugs, CPcantmeasuresnow, Dunnzoo, Radz, kalleg, rb924119 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:39 am

Soul, congratulations! Hard work pays off. Good luck
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

SoulSingMG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:48 am

Wow Soul...that's awesome. You and rb. You were the guys that brought it home for me on Jan 4, 2018. A snow weenie like me never forgets...ha ha. But that is a really wonderful update to hear. Congrats and keep it up!

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:05 am

SoulSingMG wrote:Hey there, Wx Forum Fam!

I haven't had much time to post consistently on here but I wanted to share with you why, and for good reason. Very Happy

Last Fall, I accepted a position at FOX Weather -- a new platform launched by FOX Corporation in late October. I am currently working on their Programming team as I wrap up my last year of Broadcast Meteorology studies via Mississippi State's distance learning program. As an aside, if anyone reading this is interested in furthering their education in weather, feel free to reach out to me as I highly recommend MSU's program and can offer some solid insight on it, three years in.

Though the journey has been lengthy, I am super excited for what's to come as I work toward a position on-air and am thankful I've been able to be a part of such a passionate, well-versed community like this forum. Many of you have been a resounding reminder of the importance to water the plant that gives you the biggest joy in life, in ways big and small. I hope to make you proud.

That is amazing!  Congratulations and best of luck to you!

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:25 am

Congratulations my friend. Your hard work has been rewarded, and I could not think of a better way to kick off your career. Don't forget about us little people along your journey!

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:40 am

EXCELLENT Soul and congratulations on your position.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:43 am

Congratulations Soul! Maybe a group tour for your friends here in the future? lol Best of luck!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:45 am

Congratulations, brother!! I wish you much success in your career!! Like Frank said, just don’t forget us once you’re famous Wink

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 am

NICE!! In the words of the kids from my generation that's friggin MINT!!! Seriously though congratulations on all the current success, and I wish you nothing but the best. Many trying days remain my friend, but you have paved yourself a road map in how to handle the many road blocks life to trys and place in front of you on ones journey to success. Its so nice to hear that there are still people out there willing to put in the work to reach their goals.

Good luck Soul!!

Scott

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

rb924119 and SoulSingMG like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:00 am

Soul CONGRAST!! That is awesome news and so proud my man! Best of luck and we all know you will do great. Keep it real, patience and level headedness are key to long careers. Always welcome here and look forward to yuo r posts.

And I may look to do the MSU meteorological distant learning program in my retirement so I may reach out - keep me busy and out the Mrs. hair so to speak! And love of learning!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

rb924119 and SoulSingMG like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:11 pm

So cool man! My thoughts about the news reporting of FOX I will keep to myself but I bet the weather reports will be spot on!! Congrats!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:43 pm

soul I am proud of you congratulations 🍾 and good luck keep up the good work

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:42 pm

Congrats Soul, that is awesome!
billg315
billg315