NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI Weather observations

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OTI Weather observations  - Page 2 Empty Re: OTI Weather observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:04 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Here in sector four it is 79° right now the wind is out of the southwest at 12 miles an hour. There is not one cloud in the sky, it’s a crystal clear blue, like someone painted it on.

Even though I don’t venture there anymore I’m hearing reports from the mainland that it is 38° right now in my former home of Highland Mills and there’s light rain. My point-and-click weather app which showed 16 inches of snow coming to Highland Mills just 24 hours ago now shows 6 inches. I’m hoping by this time tomorrow it shows 0 inches.

I am one with the wall
I accept now the wing
Winter is a myth
As much as that might sting

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

Ahaaaaaaa ahaaaaaaaaa ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc I think I need my dose of Thorazine tripled.

We are on it ,my good Treasury Director

We are way behind on admissions at the OTI Sanitarium as a result of the crushing outcome of the models this morning vis a vis the supposed snowstorm.To keep you occupied and sedated before our two staff members in white jackets arrive, you can play this song while you wait.

Roger that Thorazine dose tripled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQNI1KfGXBA

LOL LOL. So apropos.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:49 pm

78° and a light SW wind at 11 mph, as the sun sets on another perfect day on OTI.

There was one cumulus cloud about 2:00 PM that covered the sun for 87 seconds. I talked to our Director of Technology the ever elusive Math23X7 and he assured me that tomorrows program will include embedded code to make sure that doesn't happen again.

What a wonderful thing to live in the OTI cyber world, where you can program each days weather. I'm not sure why the Mainlanders never thought of this. They could make it snow and never stop, not that I would ever want that. No snow for me, can't stand the stuff.

Word from the Mainland is it is 35.2° in Highland Mills and a few flakes have begun mixing with the rain. I hope that brightens up their dreary lives.

Here's to hoping that fine young fellow from Yonkers sees 100 mph winds tonight that blow every car off his street so he has a place to park for the rest of his life. I wish them all contentment and peace and what they pursue in life, but how can any of them find it when they chase something that doesn't exist. Until they all acknowledge Winter is a myth and snowlessness is peace they will all live tortured, unfulfilled, disaffected lives.

If only they knew the POWER of the snowless side. Help them Docstox, you’re their only hope.

I am one with the wall
I accept now the wing
Winter is a myth
As much as that may sting

snowlessness is peace
snowlessness is peace

Peace to all and to all a goodnight

Wintercoldandsnowisamyth

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12, billg315 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:08 pm

Was a likewise gorgeous day in Sector 7. Sunny, 70*, low humidity, and calm winds. One strange incident. At 4 pm it turned dark, and cloudy and flakes fell from the sky. I thought we were having a snow shower, but knew that couldn’t be as there is no such thing as “snow” (or leprechauns, but that’s another issue). Then upon further inspection what appeared snow was actually more ash-like. Just prior to this I heard a loud bang from the direction of Sector 3. I glanced in the direction of Sector 3 and there was a strange orange glow and smoke plume. Not sure what’s going on there, but glad I moved the Hall of Justice. By 5 pm the sun was back out and I swept up the ash flakes from my front porch.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:24 am

billg315 wrote:Was a likewise gorgeous day in Sector 7. Sunny, 70*, low humidity, and calm winds. One strange incident. At 4 pm it turned dark, and cloudy and flakes fell from the sky. I thought we were having a snow shower, but knew that couldn’t be as there is no such thing as “snow” (or leprechauns, but that’s another issue). Then upon further inspection what appeared snow was actually more ash-like. Just prior to this I heard a loud bang from the direction of Sector 3. I glanced in the direction of Sector 3 and there was a strange orange glow and smoke plume. Not sure what’s going on there, but glad I moved the Hall of Justice. By 5 pm the sun was back out and I swept up the ash flakes from my front porch.

Hmmmmm, have to check with the OTI Bureau of Valcano Monitoring on this.They have been watching in Sector 3 Coconutoa, which they stated could become active at any time.I will send a wire to Janet as we may be needing EMT services in that sector.I respect your report Billg as you are a man to be taken seriously even though when I first read this, the thought that came into my head was "Sure. my ash"!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:20 am

I did hear some of the survey team members emerging from sector three chatting, and they said it has become a real “pain in the ash.” At least that’s what I thought I heard.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:58 am

docstox12 wrote:
billg315 wrote:Was a likewise gorgeous day in Sector 7. Sunny, 70*, low humidity, and calm winds. One strange incident. At 4 pm it turned dark, and cloudy and flakes fell from the sky. I thought we were having a snow shower, but knew that couldn’t be as there is no such thing as “snow” (or leprechauns, but that’s another issue). Then upon further inspection what appeared snow was actually more ash-like. Just prior to this I heard a loud bang from the direction of Sector 3. I glanced in the direction of Sector 3 and there was a strange orange glow and smoke plume. Not sure what’s going on there, but glad I moved the Hall of Justice. By 5 pm the sun was back out and I swept up the ash flakes from my front porch.

Hmmmmm, have to check with the OTI Bureau of Valcano Monitoring on this.They have been watching in Sector 3 Coconutoa, which they stated could become active at any time.I will send a wire to Janet as we may be needing EMT services in that sector.I respect your report Billg as you are a man to be taken seriously even though when I first read this, the thought that came into my head was "Sure. my ash"!!!

Doc, got your wire and I'm packing up my jump bag so I'm ready to go. I'll stage at the coconut lounge, please have transportation ready. I will order some extra N95s to protect us from the ash.

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:28 am

Dunnzoo wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Doc, got your wire and I'm packing up my jump bag so I'm ready to go. I'll stage at the coconut lounge, please have transportation ready. I will order some extra N95s to protect us from the ash.

10-4 ,Janet.Everything set for your journey to Sector 3.Please be careful and have a few for the road at the Lounge.Keep us posted in the Parliament Building.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:02 pm

I have returned from sector 3, and the situation is dire. We need to keep everyone local and not let anyone venture that way until the volcano goes back to sleep. With the way things look on the mainland, with Spring soon upon them, I feel most of our friends here will be heading back and this won't be an issue. Thankfully, lately, volcanic activity hasn't lasted long, so I will go back and check on the area in the near future. In the meantime, line up a few Harps on the bar for me, St. Patrick's Day is soon upon us and I am in need of a few cold ones!
OTI Weather observations  - Page 2 Sunbur10

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:00 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:I have returned from sector 3, and the situation is dire. We need to keep everyone local and not let anyone venture that way until the volcano goes back to sleep. With the way things look on the mainland, with Spring soon upon them, I feel most of our friends here will be heading back and this won't be an issue. Thankfully, lately, volcanic activity hasn't lasted long, so I will go back and check on the area in the near future. In the meantime, line up a few Harps on the bar for me, St. Patrick's Day is soon upon us and I am in need of a few cold ones!
OTI Weather observations  - Page 2 Sunbur10

You are always the guest of honor at the Lounge Janet, and will join you in a few Harps for the wonderful day coming.Reminds me of your Director of Parliament's younger days on the Mainland in the late 1970's spending St.Patricks Day at a fellow frat members parents shot and beer joint in Bergenfield NJ, Bart Finnegan's Sha Tee Tavern.Ahhh, the shots of Jamesons and green beers!
Great work in Sector Three.Maybe we pour a few barrels of Harps down the volcano cone?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:06 pm

Clear and calm no humidity and 70° on the island this evening.
I will be doing most of my correspondence from OTI to save myself the trouble of eliminating all of the Ms, Js and Os from future correspondence.

I'm hearing things about some kind of big wind and rain event on the mainland over the past 24 hours. Hope everyone there is safe and weathered the storm. We just have to expect these things in the middle of December. 5 inches of rain and temperatures in the mid to upper 50s Perfectly normal. This happens a lot during Wall. I'm hearing the pattern will be changing on January 23, I can't wait.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:23 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Clear and calm no humidity and 70° on the island this evening.
I will be doing most of my correspondence from OTI to save myself the trouble of eliminating all of the Ms, Js and Os from future correspondence.

I'm hearing things about some kind of big wind and rain event on the mainland over the past 24 hours. Hope everyone there is safe and weathered the storm. We just have to expect these things in the middle of December. 5 inches of rain and temperatures in the mid to upper 50s Perfectly normal. This happens a lot during Wall. I'm hearing the pattern will be changing on January 23, I can't wait.

Yes, OTI where the warm breezes blow and the libations flow!
Your tune up at the Sanitarium is working perfectly CP! Why expose yourself to the madness of tracking snowstorms that get harder and harder to find on the Mainland these days!As you say, what happened there the last few days is perfectly normal Wall weather.We are now at record breaking numbers of the snow deprived seeking solace and revenues are off the charts.Please submit a list of any pet projects you may have since you are Treasurer.We can fund not only here at OTI but also in your private getaway of OOTI.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum