NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: "Off-Topic Island"

+14
Grselig
keliza52
billg315
Taffy
Math23x7
algae888
sroc4
SNOW MAN
Quietace
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
18 posters

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 16 Empty Re: OT: "Off-Topic Island"

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Ah, with temps forecast to skyrocket into the 40's, I'm, sure the golfers out there will be thinking of getting back on the links:

http://safeshare.tv/w/lNQxKkFRoZ

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmhNUrrQEo&list=RDQtmhNUrrQEo#t=6

From the Italian neighborhood of OTI.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:01 am

docstox12 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmhNUrrQEo&list=RDQtmhNUrrQEo#t=6

From the Italian neighborhood of OTI.

Hahahaha Vics face

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm back to claim my hollowed out log before Cp rents it out. What's all this talk of a name change for this thread ? I know I've been gone for a while, but if I have any say in this name change debate, I say NO WAY !
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:52 am

Snow man all the citizens of OTI, the tourists and the legal and illegal aliens all welcome you, the Knight Templar of OTI back with open arms. Luckily Doc stopped me before I could auction off your belongings. The OTI treasury stood to net upwards of triple digit coconuts in the auction but in the end friendship is more valuable than edible currency.

You have missed many Parliamentary votes, the addition of a female citizen, the coronation of a Queen that dresses in snow bikinis, a near military takeover by Administrator Sroc, a reprimand by Emperor Frank, and the usual controversy, civil wars and social unrest we have grown to know and love.

Sorry to hear about your feelings regarding the proposed name change. If there is any damage to your hollowed out log or any of your other possessions in no way does that have anything to do with your oppositional political views.

Your friend CP
OTI Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 am

The best thing this week for me in OTI is the return of one of our Founders,Knight Templar SNOW.This Island was not the same without your steady presence. You will notice that revenue as reported by CP has been skyrocketing due to Tourist Visa fees and puts us in the enviable position of having a massive budget surplus, something the mainland can only dream of.Projects of monumental achievement and creativity can now be envisioned.

Former King Mugsy's astute appreciation of feminine pulchitrude has brought Queen Star to the Island, producing not only incredible amounts of snow CP, Mugsy and Myself have enjoyed in our Mainland vacation homes but also is a major factor in the skyrocketing revenues.Her and her cohorts, Amber and June , have the uncanny ability to attract droves of Mainland Male tourists here.

Finally, the addition of Taffy to our roll of Citizens has broadened our horizons and brings the wisdom and know how only a lady like herself can bring to the island.We are going to construct a coconut log mansion for her in the heights of Sector 4 so she can enjoy the warm ocean breezes.Our female citizens enjoy complete equality and have all the benefits of the Founders, I might add!

Fear not about reconstructing your hollowed out log.Shortly after your sabbatical began, I insured it with the Mutual Of OTI Insurance Company, so please make an inventory of any damage or missing property and forward it to me for submission to the company.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:11 pm

A reminder to everyone that March 21, 2015, we will be
celebrating Independence Day here on OTI.

It was almost one year ago, on March 21, 2014, that a band of renegade bloggers from the Mainland were exiled, justifiably and with good reason, by Emperor Frank who was supported by the armies of Sir Sroc, to a small island located off the Mainland thread that they gave the name Off-Topic Island which is still affectionately referred to by the natives as OTI to this day.

Left to fend for themselves, the Founding 4, or Core 4 as the Yankee announcers refer to them, quickly established a Parliamentary form of government. The first OTI anthem, “The home of the three and the land of the knave” is currently being rewritten to include our two newest citizens.

The Parliament is headed by the astute and affable DocStox. Like many politicians Doc is great at speeches and sometimes short on results. As an example one year later the Island still has no hammocks despite Docs sincere promises that they are coming any day. Docs oratory can be Lincolnesque and at other times Seinfeld like. With only these few minor flaws the Doc has a very high approval rating among the citizenry of OTI.

We also crowned a king, who was later replaced in a nonviolent coup when he couldn't produce any meaningful snow from March 2014 through to the end of December 2014. To his credit, the kind but incompetent Monarch Mugsy retained his benevolent manner, even after his overthrow. He brought to the island a beautiful Queen dressed only in a bikini made of snow. Since that stroke of genius, abundant snowfall has returned to the Mainland, and the civil unrest and rioting that had sporadically marred every sector of OTI during the snow drought months quickly came to an end.

The Islands currency was recently established based on coconuts and bananas. Now granted edible currency has its drawbacks. In just one night our esteemed Knight Templar Sir Snow Man went from the wealthiest man on the Island to a poor homeless fellow living in a hollowed out log. This all resulted because of one midnight eating binge after smoking to many banana peels. Kids out there please take note, banana peels are not a harmless drug.

We now live in a land that is tranquil and thriving. Our population during the last year, thanks to our liberal immigration policy, has grown by 50%. The female citizen population on OTI has grown infinitely from 0 to 2, with the additions of her grace the Queen and Taffy. Enough now about our history, as I didn't mean this to become a history lesson.

The visitor log over the last year now exceeds 7000. Granted, many of these visits have been from illegals who have not gone through the proper channels of the OTI Tourist and Immigration Board, but as long as these people spend their coconuts and bananas here on OTI we tend to look the other way.

If you wish to join us for our Independence Day party on March 21 or if you wish to apply for citizenship on OTI please contact the Director of Immigration and Tourism ex King Mugsy. A written test is required which will cover the 16 pages of OTI history chronicled in this thread. Our newest citizen Taffy set the bar very high by passing her citizenry test with a perfect score of 100%.

If you become a citizen here, there are also certain rules that must be adhered to. Most important is the non-mega-posting and non-weather related rules. If you want to talk about impending storms, past storms, near misses, slop storms, warm weather advection, virga, anti-virga, subsidence, dry slots, great lakes cutters, or any other subjects that can cause snowmania or snowpression than OTI is not the place for you.

I hope to see you all here on Independence Day.

Sincerely Yours,

CP CantMeasure Snow
OTI - Director of the Treasury

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:03 am; edited 4 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Your eloquence in stating the history of our beloved Island will go down in OTI History, in this, the almost complete first year of our existence.

Parliament was so inspired and moved by this proclamation that they will be setting up committees for the forthcoming First Year or Independence Day Celebration.

Yes, it is a glorious era right now in OTI with Mugsy's cohort Queen Star producing a considerable snow pack in the mainland bringing peace to our shore.

I am completely flummoxed and tongue tied at CP's Declaration above, that I am misting up and cannot add anymore....

Peace to all on OTI!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:52 am

So as Independence Day approaches Doc, I guess we can't really celebrate with fireworks because we didn't really fight any battles for our independence on OTI, we were pretty much exiled here, and as I have stated for good reason.

We need to get those committees formed so we can decide how we go about this. Since we only have five legal citizens on the island, six if you include Queen Star, using the plural when discussing committees might be a stretch. For a starter let's try one committee and see what they come up with. I haven't seen Taffy on the island for a few weeks but I have a gut feeling she might be the perfect person to head up this committee. I would have suggested Snow Man , but he seems to be spending far too much time on the Mainland these days. Although it was good to see him gathering together his belongings on OTI last week and putting his house back in order.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:03 am

Agreed.We will form one committee and try to come up with a plan for the celebrations to come.

I also think that the committee should also be thinking of designing am OTI flag and a National Anthem since it appears that the great and powerful Emperor Frank deigns to permit our one year anniversary and has pulled back Sir Sroc's navy from our shores.I interpret that as a proxy acceptance of the Islands continued autonomy and think we should formalize our existence with the aforementioned flag and anthem.

We welcome all Mainland suggestions for our flag and anthem designs and will be happy if Mainlanders care to post here any and all ideas regarding that matter.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:12 am

Agreed Doc as long as the Mainlanders adhere to the posting rules as established in paragraph 9 of our History of Independence near the top of this page. For those that are keyboard challenged like our ex-king, or are to lazy to scroll up I will copy that paragraph below.

If you become a citizen here, there are also certain rules that must be adhered to. Most important is the non-mega-posting and non-weather related rules. If you want to talk about impending storms, past storms, near misses, slop storms, warm weather advection, virga, anti-virga, subsidence, dry slots, great lakes cutters, or any other subjects that can cause snowmania or snowpression than OTI is not the place for you.

God bless OTI, and God bless us all everyone.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:16 pm

No feedback yet regarding the OTI Independence Day celebration, our National Anthem, or our flag.

I find it disturbing when the citizens of an imaginary island, on a weather thread in cyberspace, ruled by a Queen that wears nothing but a bikini made of snow don't take their citizenship seriously.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:56 pm

I was hoping to elicit suggestions from the Mainlanders but I think they would rather come to the Island anonymously rather than show their identities in a poll such as this.Far be it from me to usurp this entire process but apparently, this is what will be happening.We have until march 21 for suggestions and I will make the deadline!!!

You can rest assured that when the coming OTI Independence Day arrives, I will be standing there, all alone, perhaps, but nonetheless there.If anyone desires to scroll through our historical record here, they will see that it was I who SINGLEHANDEDLY kept OTI alive during the doldrum period of April through October when the "Boys of Winter" ( ahem, certain OTI Citizens), disappear not only from OTI but even the Mainland and probably all of earth! As such, at the upcoming OTI IDC, I will write into the Parliamentary Constitution that I be appointed Director Of Parliament for LIFE as a reward for my single handed undertaking.I, of course, will allow elections to Parliamentary positions but I will benevolently supervise any and all future legislations.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Doc, don't forget to tell everyone how you created fire, the wheel, and the internet.

Good God the man has gone over the edge with power. It may be time to form another breakaway republic until the Doc regains his senses. What a shame to have to divide the Island again with less than 10 days until OTI Independence Day.

Until the Parliament for Life (Dictatorship) has ended I shall be on Sector 5, or as it shall now be known as "Quintupled O TI". I shall take the Queen with me for her own protection of course.

Signed faithfully

CP CantMeasure Snow
Director of "Quintupled O TI"
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:41 pm

I appeal to SNOW, Taffy and Mugsy, our other Founders and Citizen Elect. in this minor matter of appointing me Director of Parliament for life. There is one "yes" vote (me) and one "nay" vote (CP).

Be assured that I only wish to act in the best interest of OTI . I will accept the final vote tally as a final decision.

Thinking of some sort of flag incorporating a coconut and a banana and a palm tree.

The National Anthem will probably come to me some morning at 3 AM,LOL

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Apologies all around for my lack of attention to these important issues but I have been under the weather lately and hope to be back on my feet (literally) in a few days. Doc, any position for life gets boring and dicey after a while (just ask Idi Amin Dada).
I feel you will be best serving this tropical paradise in a multitude of positions. We can keep making new and challenging ones for you.

Creating a national anthem is an important issue and I am submitting: Put the Lime in the Coconut by Harry Nillson
2) Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. 3) Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, for obvious reasons.

I will be attending the OTI Independence Day parade and would like to be a Lady in Waiting for the Queen. Mugs, please let her know that I would be honored to hold her bikini together while she is on the float.

Again, apologies for submitting my vote and ideas a little on the late side. I have a few ideas for a flag that I will submit in a day or two.

Regards,
Taffy

Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm

So good to hear Taffy but sorry you have not been feeling well.All the best to get better quick.Love your selections for the National Anthem of OTI, uplifting and happy.

Can't wait to see your flag proposal as well.

I respect your vote as a Citizen of OTI.

So, we have Docstox Director of Parliament for Life- 1 -Yay.....2 -Nay

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

docstox12 wrote:So good to hear Taffy but sorry you have not been feeling well.All the best to get better quick.Love your selections for the National Anthem of OTI, uplifting and happy.

Can't wait to see your flag proposal as well.

I respect your vote as a Citizen of OTI.

So, we have    Docstox Director of Parliament for Life- 1 -Yay.....2 -Nay

The Queen is working on the budget with me now and she votes No.

Actually, that may have been a no to a request I had made of her earlier, regarding the budget of course.

All of the residents of "Quintupled O TI", are hoping we can get this vote over with and unite the island again. Taffy we are all eagerly waiting to see what kind of flag you are proposing for our island paradise. I for one am leaning towards "put the lime in the coconut" as our national anthem. I thought that to be a flash of genius.

And of course Taffy feel better soon. There is obviously something circulating around the island. According to the OTI Center for disease control, 16.7% of our population seems to have what you have right now.

I should also add to that 16.7% of our population currently have a broken bone in their foot, and 50% are currently suffering from some form of mental illness. These vary from delusions of grandeur, no names, ex King syndrome, again, no names, and Demophobia or fear of crowds or communicating with other people on OTI, again, no names. I may also be added to this list. As the Docs lust for power continues, I feel myself developing Dentophobia or a fear of ex-dentists. The only one residing on the island now with no ailments, be they mental or physical appears to be Queen Star.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:53 pm

I accept total defeat now with the Queen voting "nay" to my request for "Director of Parliament For Life". Even without SNOW and Mugsy's vote, a quorom was achieved and it is 3 to 1 against.I hope those who vote "nay" realize that their "Nay" vote requires them to post at least once a week during the Spring, Summer and Fall to keep OTI alive.It is not a demand, but a request.

I am leaning towards "lime in the coconut" myself as the National Anthem.Upbeat and happy as we at OTI would like our tourists to be so they come here and spend their money.

I can help you, CP, with that Dentophobia of yours, I'm an expert after dealing with it for 25 years.One way of curing it, albeit kind of radically, is to have all your teeth removed and then there will never be the fear of needles and drills again.I'd be happy to dig out my Dental tools I have stashed on OTI if you ever want to go in that direction.I was thinking of setting up a small office in a hollowed out log to assist any tourists with a toothache.

There is now no need for "Quintupled OTI" as I have stepped down in my request and we can all begin to design the new flag of OTI.

I have submitted a request to Parliament which will be coming your way via the Treasury Dept. for additional tents, folding chairs, a stage with lighting and a sound system for the upcoming Independence Day Celebrations.It will all start with the guests, drink in hand, singing "Put the lime in the coconut".

Happy days!!!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm

CP,  I found one that could be our serious flag saved for special occasions like The Good As We Wanna Be Olympics or if we are invited into the United Nations of OTI's. I have another one that could be our"festivals" flag. Still sussing out a few good ones.

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv5_Jn04pxXPr_H24zbUmICNT9szyBox9c5V5HvrzRu-8Zx1WZ
Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Taffy, Taffy, PERFECT!!!

This is in the running for THE National Flag.

Just looking at this makes me feel GREAT!!!!

All this needs is another Palm Tree to make "The Big W" (extra credit for anyone who knows what movie that line is from)!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:13 pm

docstox12 wrote:Taffy, Taffy, PERFECT!!!

All this needs is another Palm Tree to make "The Big W" (extra credit for anyone who knows what movie that line is from)!
Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!  Great flag Taffy!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:

No regrets now Janet. You had your chance to be queen back in chapter 2 but politely declined.

You're position as a Moderator on the Mainland does accord you the same privileges and benefits as citizens on OTI. Please visit often and consider OTI as a place you can vacation from the stress and tension of snow chasing.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:

A silver dollar for the lady in the balcony!

Absolutely correct,Janet!!!

By the way, that describes perfectly what we have here on OTI, "Mad,mad,mad...",LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OqUuA6a0

Last edited by docstox12 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:38 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Dunnzoo wrote:

No regrets now Janet. You had your chance to be queen back in chapter 2 but politely declined.

You're position as a Moderator on the Mainland does accord you the same privileges and benefits as citizens on OTI. Please visit often and consider OTI as a place you can vacation from the stress and tension of snow chasing.

Excellent point, CP, and which must be written into the OTI Constitution....

"Mainland Moderators are accorded benefits and privileges as Citizens of OTI.Should they wish to become full Citizens, Parliament shall fast track that request...!"

As always, the Secretary of Parliament will send via carrier pigeon a copy of this document to Emperor Frank so he will be aware of every governmental decision we might make being a province of his Empire.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Here you go, Janet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97Nv8N7-mI
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 am

The first full day of spring on the mainland brings the one year anniversary of freedom from mainland rule here on OTI.

Put down the coffee and put the lime in the coconut, grab your OTI flag and join us today in a lavishly decadent OTI celebration. Festivities begin today at noon and will not end until the queens snow bikini melts. Actually festivities will continue  long after it melts.

Please BYOB, food and fireworks. OTI will supply the sand, sun, and our very friendly natives. Please don't go to close to Snow Man he's been having difficulty adapting back to Island life after a failed attempt to make it on the mainland. Our prodigal son returned but in a bad mood.

No word yet from his ex highness now moderator Mugs but I'm sure he will be on hand to say a few words. As always our head of Parliament the good doctor will be speaking and speaking and speaking some more.

Please see Taffy if you do not have a flag to wave during the reenactment of the battle of the threads. It was this conversation that led Emperor Frank to finally banish a loquacious bunch of renegades to an empty thread in the middle of cyber space. In time this tiny thread has grown into one of the most popular hot spots in our cyber world. Enjoy your stay here but remember anyone without a legal visa who stays past midnight will be suspended from visitation privileges until next years party.

Let the day begin.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum: