NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: "Off-Topic Island"

+14
Grselig
keliza52
billg315
Taffy
Math23x7
algae888
sroc4
SNOW MAN
Quietace
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
18 posters

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 33 Empty Re: OT: "Off-Topic Island"

Post by billg315 Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 am

I vote I. unless it will impede tourist activity as that is critical to our economy (particularly if that switch to cow-based currency ever happens).

billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 am

The Office of OTI Attorney General hereby files the following motion with the Supreme Weather Court for a cease and desist Order against the defendants in the matter of:

People of Off Topic Island and
CPcantmeasuresnow
v.
NOAA, the National Weather Service,
The Central Park Conservancy, the Wildlife
Conservation Society (in its role as
manager of the Central Park Zoo),
the City of New York, et al . . .

As there is pending litigation against defendants in this case regarding the criminal under-measuring of snow at Central Park, any action taken by those defendants to further agitate, aggravate, enrage, or otherwise get a rise out of the People of OTI at-large, and CPcantmeasuresnow in particular, can only be construed as harassment of the victims in this case.
Harassment of the victims of this case is, in itself, a criminal act, and also an act of Contempt of this Court.  Therefore it should not and cannot be tolerated by this Court.
This Office submits to the court that yesterday, during one of the more frustrating winter nor'easters of all time -- a storm that dumped significant rain and sleet accompanied by powerful winds, yet for most people nary a flake of snow despite a High in Canada and temperatures just above freezing -- the defendants put out a harassing communication.
That communication recorded 1.68" of RAINFALL in CPK, despite surrounding reporting stations reporting significantly less (to wit: JFK - 1.24"; LGA - 1.21"; NWK - 1.61"; White Plains - 0.89").  To put in perspective, using a simplified 10:1 snow-to-liquid equivalent ratio, CPK would have reported nearly 17" of snow while JFK and LGA reported just over 12" and White Plains 9".
How can it be, that a station that REGULARLY reports LESS snowfall than surrounding stations, can suddenly report significantly MORE rainfall? Unless, I submit, this was done specifically to aggravate the victims in this pending court matter. It is harassment pure and simple.
This Office therefore moves for:
1. Punitive penalties against defendants for this contemptuous harassment; and
2. That this evidence be admitted as part of the underlying case to show that the snow measurements are NOT the product of some unexplained atmospheric phenomena that produces less precipitation in CPK; and finally
3. A cease and desist Order barring CPK officials from reporting measurements of anything - whether it be snow, rain, sleet, or d*** measurements, as clearly nothing measured there can be trusted.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI
p.s. d*** refers to Dew Point measurements

billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 pm

billg315 wrote:The Office of OTI Attorney General hereby files the following motion with the Supreme Weather Court for a cease and desist Order against the defendants in the matter of:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

As there is pending litigation against defendants in this case regarding the criminal under-measuring of snow at Central Park, any action taken by those defendants to further agitate, aggravate, enrage, or otherwise get a rise out of the People of OTI at-large, and CPcantmeasuresnow in particular, can only be construed as harassment of the victims in this case.
Harassment of the victims of this case is, in itself, a criminal act, and also an act of Contempt of this Court.  Therefore it should not and cannot be tolerated by this Court.
This Office submits to the court that yesterday, during one of the more frustrating winter nor'easters of all time -- a storm that dumped significant rain and sleet accompanied by powerful winds, yet for most people nary a flake of snow despite a High in Canada and temperatures just above freezing -- the defendants put out a harassing communication.
That communication recorded 1.68" of RAINFALL in CPK, despite surrounding reporting stations reporting significantly less (to wit: JFK - 1.24"; LGA - 1.21"; NWK - 1.61"; White Plains - 0.89").  To put in perspective, using a simplified 10:1 snow-to-liquid equivalent ratio, CPK would have reported nearly 17" of snow while JFK and LGA reported just over 12" and White Plains 9".
How can it be, that a station that REGULARLY reports LESS snowfall than surrounding stations, can suddenly report significantly MORE rainfall? Unless, I submit, this was done specifically to aggravate the victims in this pending court matter. It is harassment pure and simple.
2. That this evidence be admitted as part of the underlying case to show that the snow measurements are NOT the product of some unexplained atmospheric phenomena that produces less precipitation in CPK; and finally
3. A cease and desist Order barring CPK officials from reporting measurements of anything - whether it be snow, rain, sleet, or d*** measurements, as clearly nothing measured there can be trusted.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

This is freakin great. You're work as Attorney General has been exemplary. I'm already sensing you aspire to a higher office. Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler maybe, Director of Parliament, dare I say Emperor. It's early yet in your political career but the sky seems to be the limit young billg.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:The Office of OTI Attorney General hereby files the following motion with the Supreme Weather Court for a cease and desist Order against the defendants in the matter of:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

This is freakin great. You're work as Attorney General has been exemplary. I'm already sensing you aspire to a higher office. Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler maybe, Director of Parliament, dare I say Emperor. It's early yet in your political career but the sky seems to be the limit young billg.

My good men and women solid citizens. Mr. Billg315 is gifted with and possess a legal mind of infinite wealth. I humbly therefore request the leaders of this impressive land nominate him as Chief Justice and Excellent Inquistor of OTI. His wisdom and knowledge surpasses the immortals of the legal world. Opinions of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Justice Brandeis and dare I say even Felix Frankfurter are dwarfed by this legal document. Do not allow him to be swallowed by the cold rain of the grey mainland. Act now to lock in such genius. OTI will be great again....and again...and again.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:50 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

Yes, our own young political shining star , a beacon of light and justice in a dark conservancy world.Refer to my reply to Grselig below in refeernce to Billg.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

My good men and women solid citizens.  Mr. Billg315 is  gifted with  and possess  a legal mind of infinite wealth.   I humbly therefore  request the leaders of this impressive land nominate  him as Chief Justice and Excellent Inquistor of OTI.  His wisdom and knowledge surpasses the immortals of the legal world.  Opinions of  Oliver Wendell Holmes, Justice Brandeis and dare I say even Felix Frankfurter are dwarfed by this legal document.  Do not allow him to be swallowed by the cold rain of the grey mainland.  Act now to lock in such genius.  OTI will be great again....and again...and again.

On this day, January 24th Anno Domani 2017, Parliament hereby promotes Mr.Billg to the position of Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor in regards to his outstanding work as Attorney General in the matter of People of OTI and CPcantmeasuresnow VS NOAA. The National Weather Service,The Central Park Conservancy,the Wildlife Conservation Society (in its role as manager of Central Park Zoo), the City of New York, et al...

Congratulations Billg!!! You now have a bigger office in the Parliament Building which, I might add, has a direct view of the Coconut Lounge across the street so you will be in a good position to see when the lounge opens for business!

I, Docstox, Director of Parliament, will be happy to mentor you should you choose eventually to desire my posiiton upon my retirement in the coming years.

Best of Luck!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

My good men and women solid citizens.  Mr. Billg315 is  gifted with  and possess  a legal mind of infinite wealth.   I humbly therefore  request the leaders of this impressive land nominate  him as Chief Justice and Excellent Inquistor of OTI.  His wisdom and knowledge surpasses the immortals of the legal world.  Opinions of  Oliver Wendell Holmes, Justice Brandeis and dare I say even Felix Frankfurter are dwarfed by this legal document.  Do not allow him to be swallowed by the cold rain of the grey mainland.  Act now to lock in such genius.  OTI will be great again....and again...and again.

On this day, January 24th Anno Domani 2017, Parliament hereby promotes Mr.Billg to the position of Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor in regards to his outstanding work as Attorney General in the matter of People of OTI and CPcantmeasuresnow VS NOAA. The National Weather Service,The Central Park Conservancy,the Wildlife Conservation Society (in its role as manager of Central Park Zoo), the City of New York, et al...

Congratulations Billg!!! You now have a bigger office in the Parliament Building which, I might add, has a direct view of the Coconut Lounge across the street so you will be in a good position to see when the lounge opens for business!

I, Docstox, Director of Parliament, will be happy to mentor you should you choose eventually to desire my posiiton upon my retirement in the coming years.

Best of Luck!!!

According to the "OTI Prophet", there will be millions and millions of people attending the inauguration to offer their appreciation.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:05 pm

docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

Best of Luck!!!

You're not allowed to retire. This is a cloud based country, your move to Florida does not allow you to relinquish your position. You're Director of Parliament for Life, no matter where you live.

Sorry but that's the way it is. OTI is like the mafia, once you're in you're in for life.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm

On another note we must find a position for ThunderSnow. He has been a loyal citizen for almost a week now.

Mike also needs a title. He's a number guys so I'm thinking Director of Budgeting where he will report directly to the Director of the Treasury. Plus until we ratify our mango based currency he is still the richest person on the Island.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

Best of Luck!!!

You're not allowed to retire. This is a cloud based country, your move to Florida does not allow you to relinquish your position. You're Director of Parliament for Life, no matter where you live.

Sorry but that's the way it is. OTI is like the mafia, once you're in you're in for life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:37 pm

LOL DOC, the video was perfect short and to the point.

Just like I said, there's no getting out.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Doc and CP, the wife and I show our immense respect to you by requesting your presence at our meager cyber bungalow to break coconuts and alleviate thirst by consuming fine Mango wine.  Vintage 1996.

Last edited by Grselig on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:59 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:On another note we must find a position for ThunderSnow. He has been a loyal citizen for almost a week now.

Mike also needs a title. He's a number guys so I'm thinking Director of Budgeting where he will report directly to the Director of the Treasury. Plus until we ratify our mango based currency he is still the richest person on the Island.

Yes, Thundersnow has been a participating citizen, and we must come up with something for him.

Agree on Mike.Director of Budgeting would be perfect for him.

Docstox

Director of Parliament( apparently for life)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Grselig wrote:.

Doc and CP, the wife and I show our immense respect to you by requesting your presence at our meager cyber bungalow to break coconuts and alleviate thirst by consuming fine Mano wine.  Vintage 1996.

Absolute Classic, one of the best in the movie.Someday if we ever get a REAL meeting of OTI Citizens together, I will be happy to do my Vito Corleone impression of this very scene!

You have been recognized by the Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler CP as a valued participating citizen and Parliament wishes to grant you a position of substance here on OTI.Are you skilled in any area or would like to serve in a particular position?

"And may your first mango be a masculine one!"
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Grselig wrote:.

Doc and CP, the wife and I show our immense respect to you by requesting your presence at our meager cyber bungalow to break coconuts and alleviate thirst by consuming fine Mango wine.  Vintage 1996.

Grse I cannot speak for the Director of Parliament but your invitation is graciously accepted by the Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler.

We shall be offering you a position on OTI. Someday and that day may never come, we may ask a favor of you, but until then live long and propser Grse, and may the Mango be with you.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes, I should have emphasized I would be happy to share a glass of mango wine at your humble abode at your bidding!
Perhaps My secretary and the Director of the Treasuries can work out an appropriate date that we can visit you and the Mrs together.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Does anyone know when Syos is being released from OTI prison. I Called the Director of Security today, after his cameo appearance this morning, and he was undercover again and not reachable.

I do appreciate the fine work he does but we do need to have some form of communication open with him. Perhaps extending the string on the coconut shells so we can contact him beyond a 50 yard radius?

Which brings up another point, we do need a Director of Technology here because we really have to upgrade our communications system. Mike? instead of DIirector of Budgeting, Gres possibly, Syos after he gets released from OTI prison and goes through the proper channels to attain legal citizenship on OTI? Lot's to discuss Doc.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

I have to say, I am truly humbled and honored by my appointment today as Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor for OTI. To achieve such a prestigious position on this magnificent island is not only a proud moment for me, but for all of those who have worked with me in my life - teachers, family, friends - and helped me to achieve this position of prominence.  I pledge to the Director of Parliament, the Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler, the snow bikini clad Queen, and to all the people of OTI including one of our newest citizens Gres, that I will do everything in my power to serve Justice, Truth, and Accuracy in Snow Measurement.  This island is great because its citizens make it great. I will work to keep it that way. And let me conclude by pledging my full and ever-lasting allegiance to our Emperor Frank whose greatness is too much to consolidate into words, and without whom this entire island would vanish into an electrical black hole in cyberspace.
Respectfully
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:54 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow
v.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg
Attorney General of OTI

Well, it would not shock me if Central Park measures more precipitation from this band of rain than immediate surrounding NWS stations because look at the radar image I took a snapshot of. So I have provided evidence which should clear the defendant of charges measuring precipitation. Of course, we should not dismiss the charges for snowfall measurements, which I am still waiting for NWS to address.

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 33 Weathe13

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:47 am

Math,
Thank you for your submission. This office takes its responsibilities in the fair administration of justice on OTI seriously, and therefore welcomes any submissions, reports, or evidence that may assist me in accomplishing this goal. Your information in this regard is welcome and we appreciate your efforts to aid in this matter. In keeping with our mission and goal we have reviewed your submission and given it fair consideration. For the following reasons this Court will NOT dismiss any charges against defendants:
1. This radar image is from a time period AFTER the aforementioned measurements and therefore is not directly relevant to those measurements. It would therefore be deemed inadmissible in this case. Under OTI R.E. 404b: (and I read directly from the Supreme Weather Court Rules of Evidence) "Evidence of other individual weather events is not admissible as evidence of conformity with any separate weather event (I.e propensity), except as to disprove the impossibility of such occurrence on said separate occurrence." So here evidence that heavier rain may have fallen on 1/24 over CPK cannot be used to prove it did on 1/23. HOWEVER, evidence of heavier recorderd rainfall at CPK on 1/23 CAN be used to disprove the notion that it just "never precipitates heavier at CPK, and that's why measurements are always lower there." Therefore while the 1/24 radar can't prove it rained heavier on 1/23, it is admissible to prove CPK isn't located under some invisible precipitation dome, justifying repeated lower measurements there.
2. Even if admissible, this image is a snapshot in time. It can't prove or disprove rainfall over a period as those heavier cells may have migrated to the other stations before or after this.
3. Radar imagery keenly watched on 1/23 showed no real difference in intensity between these stations. As this image shows:
OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 33 Image16

That radar (also just a snapshot in time) demonstrates a large area of heavy rain that appeared to uniformly affect all relevant reporting stations through the evening, as opposed to any localized cells such as we saw the next evening.
Therefore, the motion to dismiss charges against defendants is hereby DENIED.
I thank you again for this information. Your data and statistical analysis is an invaluable service to this Court (and in fact was relied upon in the AG's initial legal filing). This Court is in fact so impressed with your statistical analysis and precise memory of events that we pay extra deference to your filings as they are always well thought out and reliable. We shall continue to view your submissions with that respect and deference (while in this individual instance choosing not to let these scoundrel defendants off the hook).
Respectfully,
Billg
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 am

There ya go Mike, your new part-time occupation! Expert witness for the under measure prosecution, here led by OTI's Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor Billg and perhaps, many more cases to come from other areas of judicial means who might be closely following the methodology Billg is using in this case.

Chief Justice, your use of the radar evidence as suggested by Mike, is logical, concise and truly incredible! It blows away the assumption by the defense of a "precipitation black hole" which has existed as far back as the March 1888 snowstorm that Treasury director CP noted where snow was not only undermeasured at Central Park, but truly, really, not kidding, I seriously mean it, undermeasured!

OTI stands to be recognized as a beacon of justice should this case be won!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:12 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Does anyone know when Syos is being released from OTI prison. I Called the Director of Security today, after his cameo appearance this morning, and he was undercover again and not reachable.

I do appreciate the fine work he does but we do need to have some form of communication open with him. Perhaps extending the string on the coconut shells so we can contact him beyond a 50 yard radius?

Which brings up another point, we do need a Director of Technology here because we really have to upgrade our communications system. Mike? instead of DIirector of Budgeting, Gres possibly, Syos after he gets released from OTI prison and goes through the proper channels to attain legal citizenship on OTI? Lot's to discuss Doc.

Treasury director CP, I agree, we have much work to do, the above AND the final decision on the Emperor's suggestion of password protecting the Island.

Just a short thought on that idea.The password protection has its advantages, HOWEVER, I have concerns about how the Island may experience tourist visits.My examples go WAY back in Mainland history.When the Dutch established Manhattan Colony in 1609, they let all races, religions and creeds, and a vibrant, multicultured diverse colony thrives.Contrast this to the Colony established at Plymouth Massachusetts in 1620.THAT colony only permitted a race and relgion of puritanical belief.As such, this led eventually to religious persecution and witch burning.As Director of Parliament, I have dedicated my life to OTI being an open, accepting place, however LEGAL tourist visas must be procurred.My fear of password protection is that it would block out certain people who might wish to visit nd perhaps become citizens.It has taken us some years to develop a citizenry that we have, small, but effective.

I will give you my input in a few days on the other matters you mentioned above but had to immediately respond to this requset of the Emperor.

Have a wonderful OTI Day

Docstox

Director of Parliament ( apparently for life)
Director OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Gentlemen, My experience now lies in the beginnings of food. (Formerly legal and insurance). I therefore believe OTI may benefit from the position of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Czar. It is important to prevent food trucks from profiting from Equadorian bananas. Moreover, we must protect our Island's proprietary dishes such as coconut parmesan and OTI Steak. I would ensure all of our fine citizens eat well and are healthy.

Long live the Emperor!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Grselig wrote:Gentlemen,  My experience now lies in the beginnings of food. (Formerly legal and insurance).  I therefore believe OTI may benefit from the position of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Czar.  It is important to prevent food trucks from profiting from Equadorian bananas.   Moreover, we must protect our Island's proprietary dishes such as coconut parmesan and OTI Steak.  I would ensure all of our fine citizens eat well and are healthy.

Long live the Emperor!!!

Grse we don't use the position title czar on OTI, not even when we reference past Russian leaders or the numerous czars appointed by our last President.

However you would be the perfect Director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality.

I'll let Doc know he needs to convene a meeting of Parliament so you can be properly vetted. Please let us know now if you have committed any crimes in cyberspace? Snow man will find out so it would be best if you just come clean (provided there is anything) before he finds it.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
GHEMR
Director of the Treasury

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:Gentlemen,  My experience now lies in the beginnings of food. (Formerly legal and insurance).  I therefore believe OTI may benefit from the position of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Czar.  It is important to prevent food trucks from profiting from Equadorian bananas.   Moreover, we must protect our Island's proprietary dishes such as coconut parmesan and OTI Steak.  I would ensure all of our fine citizens eat well and are healthy.

Long live the Emperor!!!

Grse we don't use the position title czar on OTI, not even when we reference past Russian leaders or the numerous czars appointed by our last President.

However you would be the perfect Director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality.

I'll let Doc know he needs to convene a meeting of Parliament so you can be properly vetted. Please let us know now if you have committed any crimes in cyberspace? Snow man will find out so it would be best if you just come clean (provided there is anything) before he finds it.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
GHEMR
Director of the Treasury

CP
My deepest and heartfelt apologies for referencing C$%R. I am not aware of any heinous cyber crimes that I may have committed. Although I did not commit any cyber crimes, even if I did, they would not measure up to the crimes of the former President's appointees indiscretions.

Humbly,
Grselig AKA Thundersnow
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 am

Good morning Doc and Cp. I've decided to release Syo from the OTI jail. I think he will be a good citizen for our island. Now he may have a occasional outburst on how we missed out on a snowstorm or how crappy our Winter season is going so far. But that's what the OTI Sanitarium is for. I've stayed there myself a few times to get my mind right and I must say the care I got was excellent.

I'm still working on Greslig's background check and as of now I haven't found anything yet. I would like to dig a little deeper though just to make sure he is clean before we appoint him as Director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality. I think he will be an excellent choice for this position. I will let you know when I've completed my investigation.

I would like to address the password issue. My vote is nay for this. I think it would only deter people from visiting our wonderful island. I think we should let people come and see our beautiful paradise freely and then let them decide if they want to become a citizen. Of course anyone who decides to become part of our OTI nation would have to go through the background check procedures to become a full fledge islander. I think having a password would hurt our community from growing.

As for the communication issue. I think Cp's idea of adding an extra 50 yards of string to the coconut phone is good. But remember I'm not always near my coconut communicator because I'm always investigating indiscretions that take place on the island. So here's my plan, if I don't answer the coconut method take a Conch Shell and blow into it with three short bursts and that will let me know to get in touch with the Parliament. Let me know if this is acceptable.
 Oh well let me get back to my duties of investigating and torturing would be offenders. Whoops did I say torturing I meant interrogating suspects and offenders. I've decided to change my title a little. I will be adding Chief to it as long as it's alright with Docstox Director of Parliament and the other ruling powers.

SNOW MAN
Chief Security Officer for the OTI

P.S. Has anyone seen my ice pick and sharpened ice chopper. If so please let me know because these are vital tools for my work as Chief Security Officer. Boy I like the way that sounds. Twisted Evil
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 am

Chief Security Officer SNOW MAN. Perhaps this may help you in your quest for more efficient communications vis a vis OTI security measures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjgmnA58jM0

I am leaning towards the opinion more strongly of NOT password protecting the Island.The ability of tourists to freely enter the Island would definitely be hindered.At this juncture, I will vote NAY alongside you and see where we are as other dignitaries and citizens cast their vote.

Good new on Syos! I feel he is a very valuable addition as a citizen here and I have no problem with the occasional outbursts of anger and dismay at Mainland snow deficiency.I had special professionals at the Sanitarium help Syos in this matter by offering Mental Mantras to use in the event another huge rainstorm should hit his area of the Mainland.To control his anger he would repeat over and over ..."pins and needles, needles and pins, a happy man is a man that grins..." and "every day in every way I am getting better!".

Grseligs offer to head the post of Director of Culinary Arts and Hospitality in indeed intriguing! After your thorough investigation and vetting, I will bring this matter up before Parliament as per Treasury Director CP's suggestion.

May I add at this juncture that OTI is now bustling with energy and enthusiasm, and the future is looking bright.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum