NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Announcement*

+21
SPM12
Philliesfan
CPcantmeasuresnow
jmanley32
RJB8525
devsman
SoulSingMG
Grselig
bloc1357
bas1gun
docstox12
JDKWeather
nutleyblizzard
sroc4
skinsfan1177
1190ftalt
billg315
jimv45
mako460
tigernumba1
Frank_Wx
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

*Announcement* - Page 2 Empty Re: *Announcement*

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:55 am

sroc4 wrote:I'm sorry you were scared Mikey by what you read. This is however a forum where people can discuss the weather. Those posts were simply stating what the models were producing as a forecast. If that would have come true it would have been very scary. There are plenty of other outlets for you to get your weather from. This one does not sound like it's the right one for you. Best of luck.

You said it nicer than I did sroc4!

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 am

I know. I deleted your post. I feel you but we aren't going to start a war. What was said was ok for the forum.

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm

ohh im gonna keep my mouth shut on mickey! Frank sroc, I was very upset this morning but im cooling down now, i had a bad headache and no sleep. Had my coffee and breakfast and I am looking forward to tracking the next. No apology needed, just as i should expect no one to expect me to apologize at work for relaying your info and everyones insights here. Unfortunently people are either annoyed with me or say i was spot on (those in CT and MA are happy) I always tell them though im no MET and that my info comes from inside sources ; )
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

sroc4 wrote:I know. I deleted your post. I feel you but we aren't going to start a war. What was said was ok for the forum.

OK makes sense. Just don't like random people picking on my buddy's, who are trying their best free of charge to educate us and help us out. did I ever mention I'm pretty blunt. If you look back at my posts from Friday and Saturday I kept saying I was nervous about the storm not panning out. Don't know why? Still got 17 inches so great storm but.....................................

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:This is the best weather blog in the entire Galaxy & p.s., the only one I know of that didn't shut down on Sat/Sun. I'm sticking around! ;-)

Oh, and Frank, you're a talented young man beyond your years. No apology needed.

Soul:

Please read the thread regarding e-mails received from NOAA.

I believe if I remember from previous posts you live near Central Park North?

I think you're the man they are looking for.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Can i just make a possible suggestion sroc and Frank, if you delete a inappropriate post can you also delete the replays, it makes no sense to have a reply to something that isn't there and has often had me searching for the thing it was responding to. I may be off base but to me it makes sense.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Jman, we usually do. But I'll make sure it happens

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:13 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:I know. I deleted your post. I feel you but we aren't going to start a war. What was said was ok for the forum.

OK makes sense.  Just don't like random people picking on my buddy's, who are trying their best free of charge to educate us and help us out.  did I ever mention I'm pretty blunt.  If you look back at my posts from Friday and Saturday I kept saying I was nervous about the storm not panning out.  Don't know why?  Still got 17 inches so great storm but.....................................

Syo, I'd want you backing me up in a bar fight!! Your a good man.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliesfan Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm disappointed with the snow totals. Was looking forward to an historic storm. But I am not disappointed with Frank, sroc, and all the rest of those who work so hard and do a great job. All my weather info comes from this board. And that will continue to be the case. Let's look forward to the next storms. Game on!

Philliesfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Everyone - myself and the staff greatly appreciate the comments. Thank you

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

*Announcement* - Page 2 Empty No apology needed

Post by SPM12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Frank and all,

I am a long time lurker (from the wabctv days - btw what happened to shut that down?) - it was really my fault - I posted on facebook the geico commercial with salt and pepper - asking everyone to "push it, push it real good" out to sea.  I guess we did!  I am getting close to retirement - already bought a house in Florida - and am getting tired of all the snow!  Especially since I just got back from a fabulous southern caribbean cruise on the 18th.  You guys do great! Keep up the good work! At least I got a free day off from work (but being punished - I am in IT and have telecommute capabilities that unfortunately I have to use today!).

SPM12

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Haha, SPM..that is funny. Thank you

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by WOLVES1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Frank I've been following you since the ABC board and you and your staff are doing a fantastic job. Im not even close to you guys at forecasting but what I do know its thanks to you guys. One thing about this board I have to say it is a family and it's hard when somebody attackes anyone of you guys and it's hard to bit your lip and keep things calm. Like my daughter said frank rocks and keep doing what your doing and very big thank you.
WOLVES1
WOLVES1

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Latest update Frank:

JFK 10.7, LGA 11.0 but that's still a 7am reading and Central Park 9.8 which actually looks correct for once, hmmmm wonder why.

You met your Godzilla criteria in parts of the city it seems. I know it was still a miss, and you think you failed, but you're call was still better than most and you didn't succumb to the allure of the Euro and NAM and go nuts with your call.

On to Fridays clipper.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Also, CP, the models got the duration of the event right time wise here.The snow amounts were also right, but in an entire different area, so there is some data that was accurate.The NAM was flashing huge amounts and it happened on LI and NE.

The big fail in the models was not detecting an inverted trough here.Frank, Doc ,Ryan ,rb,Tom would know how this information might be obtained as to predicting that occurance. Maybe a detailed study of the model runs in this event near our area to see if something popped up.

All of the above from a dummy when it comes to models.If I am out of line, guys ,just tell me to put a sock in it,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

The only places on Li that got HUGE amounts were from Islip east! (where it's still snowing and alot of tpwns are approaching and exceeding 30") The western half where I am got 10 to 17. Great storm but not HUGE!! We get one like this every other year. Keep in mind it's half what we were forecasted for. So yeah we did well but still considering the wording was a historic crippling blizzard. Bust!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Francesco............

Don't beat yourself up, everyone, pros and weather weenies alike, went with what they felt was the best scenario, and it did not pan out.......That's called experience, only make us better for the next time.

Did we all wish for that one snow storm that will annihilate the area, yes we all rooted for it to happen, we came real close........ so........we move on to the next hoping and wishing for "The One".
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm

I would like to take a moment to not only thank the "work horses" that make up this forum and keep it a pleasant place to learn about the weather. I would also like to thank all the NICE PEOPLE who follow this forum and conduct themselves in a civilized manner. THANK YOU EVERYONE

Last edited by Scullybutcher on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

Back to top Go down

Post by jtswife Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Frank, you guys did a great job and I will always come to you first for a forecast. Mother Nature has her own plans and decided to change the game at the last minute
Thanks for the time you take away from your life to keep us informed and help keep us educated on weather. I thank all of you for everything
jtswife
jtswife

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:16 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:This is the best weather blog in the entire Galaxy & p.s., the only one I know of that didn't shut down on Sat/Sun. I'm sticking around! ;-)

Oh, and Frank, you're a talented young man beyond your years. No apology needed.

Soul:

Please read the thread regarding e-mails received from NOAA.

I believe if I remember from previous posts you live near Central Park North?

I think you're the man they are looking for.

Haha, quite possibly CP! I live in Harlem near the hospital now but used to be two blocks from CP North. But Wow. Well at least they recognize this as a big problem with measurements; it's important these are on point for record keeping, considering it is one of the biggest cities, you know, on EARTH. Good to know though -- I'll be on top of it for the next event. It's high time we had some true readings! ;-)
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 pm

I will have a storm in review tonight at 9

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker