NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update #3: Final Snow Map, Ice Accretion, Flash Freeze

+21
mancave25
oldtimer
essexcountypete
algae888
rb924119
RJB8525
skinsfan1177
jimv45
HeresL
snow247
billg315
amugs
lglickman1
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
elkiehound
docstox12
jmanley32
Sunflowers138
SoulSingMG
Frank_Wx
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Update #3: Final Snow Map, Ice Accretion, Flash Freeze  - Page 6 Empty Re: Update #3: Final Snow Map, Ice Accretion, Flash Freeze

Post by rb924119 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:31 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Euro has me at 6-10, anyway to tell how much of that is ice if any rb?  wxbell does not have breakdown map for Euro.

The easiest way would be to look at the soundings and then go frame by frame. As soon as you see the warm nose crest 0*C that would be a transition to sleet. Once the warm nose fills a good portion of the column, say between 925 and 800 (or 700) hPa, that would be freezing rain, as long as the surface is below 0*C. I don't have access to EURO soundings, unfortunately. Not yet at least. I have to wait for AccuWeather's site to update, which won't be until like 4pm -_-

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Update #3: Final Snow Map, Ice Accretion, Flash Freeze  - Page 6 Empty Re: Update #3: Final Snow Map, Ice Accretion, Flash Freeze

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm

I have to admit after the last Euro run I'm now intrigued to see the uNAMed model at 3pm.
Of course they were the deadly duo during the storm of the century last week, so it's probably best to avoid that combination today.

However where there is a storm and a cold High, there is always hope.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:38 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I have to admit after the last Euro run I'm now intrigued to see the uNAMed model at 3pm.
Of course they were the deadly duo during the storm of the century last week, so it's probably best to avoid that combination today.

LMAO this is so true ahaha btw, would you mind just going back and editing the posts you responded to from me, and replace "I-81" with "I-80" so we can avoid confusion for others? I edited the ones I could.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:41 pm

rb924119 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I have to admit after the last Euro run I'm now intrigued to see the uNAMed model at 3pm.

LMAO this is so true ahaha btw, would you mind just going back and editing the posts you responded to from me, and replace "I-81" with "I-80" so we can avoid confusion for others? I edited the ones I could.

Will do.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Obs thread is up

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

And updated final call map

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum