NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Gentlemen,

It is good to see that everybody has made their way back to their offices. The report from the Sector 9 branch of our esteemed Coconut Lounge was full of nothing but good things. Welcome back and here's looking forward to another great year.

Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Guest Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am

IM BACK BITCHES!!!! Now that Frank has begun to mention snow in the forecast and with the arrival of our first cold arctic blast I’m reporting for duty. This year in the interests of “fairness and kindness” I pledge to fulfill my experiments.......(excuse me) treatments with the utmost diligence and compassion so as not to trigger or offend any new members. My change of heart is out of compassion for the many millennial snowflakes I fear may be paying a visit. I have become a much more tolerant and understanding person.

To all my fellow OTI office holders I say that I am excited to be back. One word of caution.......in lieu of the Harvey Weinstein scandal I believe we (especially our esteemed Cocunut Lounge Director) need to be more careful in reporting the behaviors that go on in the lounge. Remember. Loose Lips Sink Ships.....or in this case Islands.

Yours Truly
Syosnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:52 pm

To the esteemed Director Of Mental Health,

With regards to reporting behaviors that occur within the confines of our beloved Coconut Lounge, I am in favor of proposing that all monitoring devices be removed. However, I fear that OTI Security would protest on ground of island safety as it pertains to external forces. Having said that, I will propose at the next full meeting of Parliament a measure calling for the temporary disconnection of monitoring devices during gatherings of the Parliamentary body. Hopefully, that will be an acceptable compromise.

Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:40 pm

If this December becomes a dud (again), I will request OTI Parliament to pass a bill which would prevent emperor Frank from using the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays banner during the season. I pointed out this concern on the mainland, but I want to let the citizens and tourists know about this. It seems that once he takes them down, the snow chances flare up.

There are also times that he includes the moving snowflakes with the seasonal greeting. I mentioned in the past that they would be the only snowflakes that would be seen in December.

To the OTI government leaders, if this happens, please prepare the bill!

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 am

Math23x7 wrote:If this December becomes a dud (again), I will request OTI Parliament to pass a bill which would prevent emperor Frank from using the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays banner during the season.  I pointed out this concern on the mainland, but I want to let the citizens and tourists know about this.  It seems that once he takes them down, the snow chances flare up.  

There are also times that he includes the moving snowflakes with the seasonal greeting.  I mentioned in the past that they would be the only snowflakes that would be seen in December.  

Math23x7
Director of Technology

After many hours of Parliamentary debate,Director of Technology, we have come to the following conclusions as per your request to pass a Bill denying Emperor Frank from using his banner on the Mainland Weather Board site.

You do realize that OTI exists only at the indulgence of the Emperor, and with the mere flick of a digital finger ,can be obliterated from all existence.Although there were some members sympathetic to your plea, the vast majority of Parliament does not wish to antagonize the Emperor during his administrative efforts of his Empire.To help assuage your protest mentality in this case, we suggest that when the banner crawls across your screen, you perhaps do something like "take a knee" to feel that you have exerted your rights of protest.

Another suggestion would be to lie on the floor and make an imaginary snow angel as the banner crawls by to negate the assumed deleterious effects you feel the banner carries.You can consult Emperor Frank's right hand man, Doc from LI, as we at Parliament have viewed his film of making an actual snow angel at his Mainland Estate.

As ever, your

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 am

At this time I would like to extend my best wishes to all on OTI and the Mainland for the happiest and safest Thanksgiving Day ever.Any Mainlander who may feel 5 to 10 pounds overweight as a result will find that here at OTI, in addition to snow deprivation malady therapy, we have a complete physical fitness program available.We are of the belief a healthy mind and a healthy body go hand in hand.

The OTI Meteorological Institute is closely monitoring the extremely interesting debate going on right now on the Mainland Weather Board's long range thread! It appears there are two camps that feel December will be warm or cold.This reminds us here of the Edison-Tesla AC versus DC current debates.SHOCKING!!!! May the best long range team win!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow island inhabitants and to our beloved Emperor Frank (after the recent "banner" controversy I'd like to declare my continuing loyalty to our gracious overlord to whom we can all be thankful today for the very existence of this cyber island). I hope you enjoy the day with family and convene for a party in the Coconut Lounge later. I hear the drinks will be half price and that for one night only cow currency will be permitted.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Fellow islanders,

From the comfortable confines of the Coconut Lounge, a very healthy and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. The staff eagerly awaits your attendance later this evening and we'll be spiking the drinks to make sure you're even more thankful than you would otherwise be.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:25 am

billg315 wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow island inhabitants and to our beloved Emperor Frank (after the recent "banner" controversy I'd like to declare my continuing loyalty to our gracious overlord to whom we can all be thankful today for the very existence of this cyber island). I hope you enjoy the day with family and convene for a party in the Coconut Lounge later. I hear the drinks will be half price and that for one night only cow currency will be permitted.

billg, on your advice I exchanged my crypto currency bitbananas into cow currency and had a great night with you and the Aresian at the Coconut Lounge celebrating the Thanksgiving Holiday.It was wonderful toasting to Emperor Frank for his continued indulgence in permitting OTI to exist.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 am

TheAresian wrote:Fellow islanders,

From the comfortable confines of the Coconut Lounge, a very healthy and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. The staff eagerly awaits your attendance later this evening and we'll be spiking the drinks to make sure you're even more thankful than you would otherwise be.

Aresian, those drinks certainly made ME more Thankful.I'm coming in this morning for a bit of the hair o' the dog so i can get myself started ,LOL! I will bring up a Bill before Parliament to provide funds to place a statue of Emperor Frank in the Coconut Lounge so patrons can face it as they toast to him.Please find and appropriate spot in the Lounge for it.

As Ever
Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of the OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 am

Honorable and Esteemed Director of Parliament,

After careful consideration, I have decided to place the statue of Emperor Frank right next to the door of the waitresses' dressing room. That way, we can be grateful for two things at once. I know that on the surface this might seem offensive to some, but bear in mind that the lounge is generally the last resort before the OTI Sanitarium and drastic circumstances call for drastic measures.

Humbly
Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 pm

It has been several weeks since our Director of the Treasury, CPCantmeasuresnow, has made his presence known on OTI. Who knows what happened to him. I mean, the pattern on the mainland is projected to go to a much colder one by week's end. He would probably come out of hiding if a Godzilla hits the Hudson Valley/NYC. However, his absence period has included the Veterans Day record cold shot, which I would have thought he would chime in on.

Anyway, just raising my concern.

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 am

Director of Technology Math, I also share your concern about our esteemed Director of the Treasury CP.I do believe as a result of the losses of his favorite Mainland sports teams, he has sought refuge in the outermost nether regions of OTI to console himself.My opinion is when we have a solid snowstorm on the Mainland weather charts, he will re-appear ready for duty here in the OTI Capital District.In any event, it is gratifying that you and aresian, our Director of the Coconut Lounge are here as we swing into active operation after our October opening.Very exciting times on the Mainland as winter weather is more apparent.We anticipate an influx of visitors very soon as the first possible snow event is on the boards and model variation mayhem begins it's maddening dance!

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of the Treasury and Attorney General ( with no extra remuneration I might add!!!!)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 am

In regards to the Director of the Treasury I believe I have deciphered the reason for his absence although not his whereabouts. On the mainland our first real snow threat has trended offshore with the S and E folks once again most likely to see any accumulation. This has caused CP to sna. Rumor has it that he is stockpiling coconuts and he is in hiding in a cabin in the middle of the Montana Woods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am

While I'm not accusing anybody of anything, would it not be prudent to provide extra security around the island's coconut reserves given the rumors of one of our own becoming an insane coconut hoarder?

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am

That sounds like a matter for island security. The court system stands ready to issue any injunctions or restraints against coconut hoarding that may be deemed necessary.

Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Our Director of Island Security SNOW has been missing for months.Glad to see Chief Justice Billg315 is on duty in the Court wing of the OTI Parliament Building.I will make inquiries into perhaps pressing into service Custom's personnel who wish to moonlight as security gaurds in the coconut fields , a point well taken by Aresian!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Math23x7 wrote:If this December becomes a dud (again), I will request OTI Parliament to pass a bill which would prevent emperor Frank from using the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays banner during the season.  I pointed out this concern on the mainland, but I want to let the citizens and tourists know about this.  It seems that once he takes them down, the snow chances flare up.  

There are also times that he includes the moving snowflakes with the seasonal greeting.  I mentioned in the past that they would be the only snowflakes that would be seen in December.  

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Good thing December will not be a dud.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 am

Praise the Cocunut Lord. CP returns and our exiled leader loosens the ball and chain from his lady friend enough to make a post on our thread. And it snowed on the mainland. ‘‘Tis a great day on our Island.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:05 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Praise the Cocunut Lord.  CP returns and our exiled leader loosens the ball and chain from his lady friend enough to make a post on our thread. And it snowed on the mainland.  ‘‘Tis a great day on our Island.

Celebrations tonight at the Coconut Lounge!! I'll toast to all three of the events you mentioned Sir Jimmy!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Another night, another fantastic evening at the Lounge. The island gets better every year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am

docstox12 wrote:Our Director of Island Security SNOW has been missing for months.Glad to see Chief Justice Billg315 is on duty in the Court wing of the OTI Parliament Building.I will make inquiries into perhaps pressing into service Custom's personnel who wish to moonlight as security gaurds in the coconut fields , a point well taken by Aresian!

Good morning Doc. I haven't been posting for a few reasons. My Mom unexpectedly passed away on August 15th this summer. Then Unfortunately on September 9th I cut the tip of my middle finger below the second knuckle almost completely off on my right hand (my dominant hand) while trimming hedges with a gas powered trimmer at my home. So I've been tied up with that and trying to take care of things at my Mom's house which is 155 miles from my home. It's been really hard and emotional going through all the things that were important to her and trying to decide what to keep and what to discard. It just makes you feel like your throwing away some ones life. Plus the distance factor and having one hand to work with makes it rather difficult. I'm the last one left in my family. I said to my wife I've never felt so alone in my life.
The high point was yesterday when I celebrated my 32nd Wedding Anniversary with my wife. She's a terrific woman and I can't imagine my life without her. We've been together since high school a total of 41 years together. I do appreciate you thinking of me Doc. I'll post when I can. Which I hope will be more often than I have been.
I'll try to meet you in the Coconut Lounge for a cold. I'll buy.
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I didn't know which one would be appropriate for this kind of post.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 am

SNOW MAN wrote:
docstox12 wrote:Our Director of Island Security SNOW has been missing for months.Glad to see Chief Justice Billg315 is on duty in the Court wing of the OTI Parliament Building.I will make inquiries into perhaps pressing into service Custom's personnel who wish to moonlight as security gaurds in the coconut fields , a point well taken by Aresian!

Good morning Doc. I haven't been posting for a few reasons. My Mom unexpectedly passed away on August 15th this summer. Then Unfortunately on September 9th I cut the tip of my middle finger below the second knuckle almost completely off on my right hand (my dominant hand) while trimming hedges with a gas powered trimmer at my home. So I've been tied up with that and trying to take care of things at my Mom's house which is 155 miles from my home. It's been really hard and emotional going through all the things that were important to her and trying to decide what to keep and what to discard. It just makes you feel like your throwing away some ones life. Plus the distance factor and having one hand to work with makes it rather difficult. I'm the last one left in my family. I said to my wife I've never felt so alone in my life.
 The high point was yesterday when I celebrated my 32nd Wedding Anniversary with my wife. She's a terrific woman and I can't imagine my life without her. We've been together since high school a total of 41 years together. I do appreciate you thinking of me Doc. I'll post when I can. Which I hope will be more often than I have been.
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I didn't know which one would be appropriate for this kind of post.

Snow. We’ve never met but I feel for you brother. I know it’s sounds hollow and a lot of people say it but if there’s anything I can do to help let me know. You sound like good people. Try to enjoy the holidays and be thankful God gave you such a great woman to help you through. I’ll think of you buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:

SNOW, so sorry to hear about Mom and I understand your feelings of loss and loneliness about being the only one left.Bless your loving wife SNOW, you are lucky.Also remember, you can never ba alone as long as you have OTI to turn to.YOU are a founding Father of this Island and there will always be a seat and a cold one ready at the Coconut Lounge waiting for you.What you belong to here in OTI is like the Raccoon Lodge from the Honeymooners or Sons of the Desert from Laurel and Hardy.We are a brotherhood here, my Good Pal! Have a great Christmas and New Years and may the weather models bless us all with an area wide 20 inch snowstorm this year.

Your Pal
DOC
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:46 am

SNOW MAN wrote:

SNOWMAN:

I haven't been able to post much in the last several months either, but not for anything like you're going through. THere's nothing I can say in a thread on an imaginary Island that can give you any peace except to repeat what SYOS said, if there's anything your brothers and sisters on OTI can do let us know. I'd even make a rare appearance for a founding father if you so wish. Maybe me, you, the Doc and Mugsy can have a beer or three at a North and West establishment.

Nothing can initially replace the people we lose in our lives or the emptiness it leaves but time does help. I believe each day we live we come one day closer to seeing those we've lost again.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:06 am

Amen to all the above CP! So well stated I can't add a word!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SNOW MAN wrote:

SNOWMAN:

I haven't been able to post much in the last several months either, but not for anything like you're going through. THere's nothing I can say in a thread on an imaginary Island that can give you any peace except to repeat what SYOS said, if there's anything your brothers and sisters on OTI can do let us know. I'd even make a rare appearance for a founding father if you so wish. Maybe me, you, the Doc and Mugsy can have a beer or three at a North and West establishment.

Nothing can initially replace the people we lose in our lives or the emptiness it leaves but time does help. I believe each day we live we come one day closer to seeing those we've lost again.

I would make that trip for a few cocktails as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum