NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 14 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:47 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:Thank you all for the GREAT party !!! Syo you are shot out of a cannon ! But you gave me a good belly laugh with that clip. I'm going to try and get back to my duties as Chief Security Officer of our wonderful paradise called OTI as best I can. I know for the last few months I haven't been keeping up with things and I appreciate your caring and concern.
 I know if for some reason we don't get at least one more decent snow event this season. There's going to be a massive influx of snow deprived Mainlanders coming to get Syo's snow deprivation treatments. Doc I hope we are prepared for the worst. YIKE'S !
 I may have to hire some extra Deputies to help me screen our guests. I'll have to speak with CP our treasurer to see if we have the funds to do so. Well if off to patrol the island.

SNOWMAN
Chief Security Officer for our beloved OTI.

Ahhhhh, can there be a finer day,our beloved SNOWMAN back on duty, even with a bum finger( hope its not the one you flip the bird with) , all of us still hung over from the party and a possibility of Mainland snow on our N and W Estates!!!!
LOL, all those fine mud wrestling ladies had to do was look at you Brother , and that was it,LOL.

CP will rubber stamp any financial needs for OTI Security my good Man, with Parliamentary approval.Let's hope this possible storm gives ALL the Mainlanders a significant snowstorm.Our OTI Sanitarium Staff is weary from doing double shifts this God awful February!

You know your are home in OTI SNOWMAN, when you pick right up no matter how much time went by!!!! The Island was not the same without you!!!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 14 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by sroc4 Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Fellas while I can appreciate this clip as much as the next guy we have to remember that there are women and some youngsters who are members. I received a few PM’s from some members who were slightly offended by the post. I know the worst of it was blacked out, but we have to remember this is a public forum and we have to respect everyone. Thank you for understanding.

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Looks like we found the line. Having said that, how close to said line are we allowed to dance? Far be it for me to be argumentative, especially as the newest member of parliament, but it would be a bit of a drag if our ability to cut up is limited by the most easily offended of those that fly by our beloved island.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:04 pm

TheAresian wrote:Looks like we found the line. Having said that, how close to said line are we allowed to dance? Far be it for me to be argumentative, especially as the newest member of parliament, but it would be a bit of a drag if our ability to cut up is limited by the most easily offended of those that fly by our beloved island.

Well we must remember, as Doc stated, that we have family folks on the website,and that clip, although hilarious to us, may have been offensive to some.We exist here at OTI at the indulgence of Frank and the Administrators try to keep things in order.I remember once a while back a "skimpily" dressed lady pic was removed so as not to offend anybody.Doc could have removed that clip but he graciously explained the situation to us and has asked us to be more careful in posting things.We can still have a lot of fun and laughs with more G Rated pictures or videos.Anyhoo, that's my two cents on this matter.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Understood. The Emperor's wishes are my commands for as long as I feel my position on the island to be retainable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 pm

docstox12 wrote:
TheAresian wrote:Looks like we found the line. Having said that, how close to said line are we allowed to dance? Far be it for me to be argumentative, especially as the newest member of parliament, but it would be a bit of a drag if our ability to cut up is limited by the most easily offended of those that fly by our beloved island.

Well we must remember, as Doc stated, that we have family folks on the website,and that clip, although hilarious to us, may have been offensive to some.We exist here at OTI at the indulgence of Frank and the Administrators try to keep things in order.I remember once a while back a "skimpily" dressed lady pic was removed so as not to offend anybody.Doc could have removed that clip but he graciously explained the situation to us and has asked us to be more careful in posting things.We can still have a lot of fun and laughs with more G Rated pictures or videos.Anyhoo, that's my two cents on this matter.

Yes my bad. I pm’d one of the mods today and apologized. Didn’t mean any harm. Next time I will show better discretion

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:28 am

syosnow94 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Yes my bad.  I pm’d one of the mods today and apologized.  Didn’t mean any harm.  Next time I will show better discretion

Jimmy, I know you meant no harm at all, in fact, I thought the vid was hysterical.We are all a bunch of wild, crazy guys here on OTI ,LOL.Also, Aresian, your position as Director of the Coconut Lounge , is a lifetime appointment .You have done more to help the goodwill of OTI with your many entertainment venues than you will ever know.Even though we get rowdy once in a while, we are deep down , Gentlemen who would never knowingly offend the ladies or kids who may wander through the sands of OTI browsing the Mainland Weather Threads.I raise a glass of bourbon and toast my fine Officials here at OTI!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am

docstox12 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Yes my bad.  I pm’d one of the mods today and apologized.  Didn’t mean any harm.  Next time I will show better discretion

Jimmy, I know you meant no harm at all, in fact, I thought the  vid was hysterical.We are all a bunch of wild, crazy guys here on OTI ,LOL.Also, Aresian, your position as Director of the Coconut Lounge , is a lifetime appointment .You have done more to help the goodwill of OTI with your many entertainment venues than you will ever know.Even though we get rowdy once in a while, we are deep down , Gentlemen who would never knowingly offend the ladies or kids who may wander through the sands of OTI browsing the Mainland Weather Threads.I raise a glass of bourbon and toast my fine Officials here at OTI!!!

I feel I need to take some of the blame here. When I first recognized the great potential in The Aresian and put his name before Parliament to be the Head Bouncer at the Coconut Lounge which within a week he took and ran with to become the Director of the Coconut Lounge, at the same time I also put a bill before Parliament to declare the Coconut Lounge a morality free zone. In hindsight this particular bill should have been written with more discretion than it was originally introduced.

To declare an area a morality free zone is too wide ranging a declaration. Even in a libertarian society like OTI there must be certain limits so the freedoms of some are not infringed upon by the freedoms of others. This of course is a tricky tight rope to walk. I'm not saying I have the answer today nor will any one of us, but we must consider amending our original bill. Despite some of the autonomy we have here we must always remember we can be wiped off the face of the cyber world with the mere click of a mouse.

As with almost everything in life, I'm sure the answers to this dilemma are found somewhere in a Tom Petty song. I am posting the link to "shadow of a doubt" (complex kid) and will go through the lyrics today. If not found here I will next search through Pink Floyd's comfortably numb.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_packages&hsimp=yhs-pty_packages&hspart=pty&p=shadow+of+a+doubt+tom+petty#id=1&vid=2079dea69ed85f990abf9f0932e6503d&action=click

CPcan'tmeasuresnow
Director of the treasury
Grand high exalted mystic ruler

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 am

I think we’re ok here. Let’s not get too worked up. It was meant to be funny. Next time I’ll show some better discretion. ONWARDS........

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:40 am

syosnow94 wrote:I think we’re ok here.  Let’s not get too worked up.  It was meant to be funny.  Next time I’ll show some better discretion.  ONWARDS........

I disagree Dir. of mental health. Here on OTI we must take any type of controversial topic and squeeze every last ounce we can get from it. Think of how many posts we've had about Farmer Jones's daughter and all I made was a passing reference to it about six months ago. It's what we do here.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:11 pm

To the honorable CPcan'tmeasuresnow, Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler:

While I am humbled by your kind words, I would be doing both myself and OTI a disservice if I wasn't forthright regarding my capacity as Director of the Coconut Lounge. When there isn't a storm to track for my area that keeps me hitting the refresh button like a crack addicted hamster in some lab experiment, I'm far from a gentleman. Truth be told, I spend far more time adrift on the seas of Reddit and YouTube where the possibility of offending others is somewhere between a goal and a total nonentity than I do on our own beloved island. It is exactly that mindset that allows me to flourish in my current position.

Having said that, and with the wishes of our benevolent Emperor to maintain an environment where any and all feel welcome in mind, I feel that I must tender my resignation. Perhaps it speaks to a insensitive or reactionary mindset on my part, but I am as uncomfortable concerning myself with the sensitivities of others as others might be with what takes place in the lounge. I am and will remain grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve as the Director of the Coconut Lounge, but my time in that role has ended. My best wishes for the continued success of the island and its citizens.

Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:I think we’re ok here.  Let’s not get too worked up.  It was meant to be funny.  Next time I’ll show some better discretion.  ONWARDS........

I disagree Dir. of mental health. Here on OTI we must take any type of controversial topic and squeeze every last ounce we can get from it. Think of how many posts we've had about Farmer Jones's daughter and all I made was a passing reference to it about six months ago. It's what we do here.

Good point actually. Let’s carry on cheers affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm

TheAresian wrote:To the honorable CPcan'tmeasuresnow, Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler:

While I am humbled by your kind words, I would be doing both myself and OTI a disservice if I wasn't forthright regarding my capacity as Director of the Coconut Lounge. When there isn't a storm to track for my area that keeps me hitting the refresh button like a crack addicted hamster in some lab experiment, I'm far from a gentleman. Truth be told, I spend far more time adrift on the seas of Reddit and YouTube where the possibility of offending others is somewhere between a goal and a total nonentity than I do on our own beloved island. It is exactly that mindset that allows me to flourish in my current position.

Having said that, and with the wishes of our benevolent Emperor to maintain an environment where any and all feel welcome in mind, I feel that I must tender my resignation. Perhaps it speaks to a insensitive or reactionary mindset on my part, but I am as uncomfortable concerning myself with the sensitivities of others as others might be with what takes place in the lounge. I am and will remain grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve as the Director of the Coconut Lounge, but my time in that role has ended. My best wishes for the continued success of the island and its citizens.

Aresian

What just happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Sorry Aresian But your resignation is not accepted. We are a free and open society on OTI but we are also similar to the mafia and that when you’re a member of OTI and have a director title you are in for life. Carry-on in your duties.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Delete, double posted

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:02 pm

I've sent the staff home for the time being, the lounge is locked and the keys are in CP's mailbox. I look forward to the arrival of the gentlemen in dark suits and sunglasses. I suggest Ray Bans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:07 pm

TheAresian wrote:I've sent the staff home for the time being, the lounge is locked and the keys are in CP's mailbox. I look forward to the arrival of the gentlemen in dark suits and sunglasses. I suggest Ray Bans.  

I’m sooooo lost Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm

TheAresian wrote:I've sent the staff home for the time being, the lounge is locked and the keys are in CP's mailbox. I look forward to the arrival of the gentlemen in dark suits and sunglasses. I suggest Ray Bans.  

Aresian:

You picked the wrong time my friend to plot an escape from OTI. With the return this week of the best damn Chief security officer since Wyatt Earp, escape from OTI and your duties will be impossible. Snowman is on the job which means until death knocks at your door as it will for all of us, you will be a Director on OTI until then.

You have also picked a Tuesday to tender your resignation. As you may well know by now on Tuesday's the Director of Parliament visits with his mom in Fort Lee which leaves me to Direct OTI. I would have trouble directing traffic at a one-way stop, much less an entire island.

My advice to you, now that the Coconut lounge is in danger of losing its morality Free zone status is adapt and evolve. When an asteroid hit the earth 65 million years ago what did the dinosaurs do? Well after they initially screamed and burned to death, they evolved into birds or at least some people would have you believe that. It is time for you my friend to take the Coconut lounge and have it evolve. To get you started I'll throw a few ideas out there, how about a Chucky's coconut, or maybe a Bananas R us? Maybe it is time we became more kid friendly here on OTI. I leave you to your duties.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm

CP:

While leaving the island may not be an option at present, my resignation isn't up for debate. I'm booking passage back to the mainland on the next available mode of transportation.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm

TheAresian wrote:CP:

While leaving the island may not be an option at present, my resignation isn't up for debate. I'm booking passage back to the mainland on the next available mode of transportation.

As Pilate washed his hands I now wash mine and leave your fate to the Enforcer we call SnowMan.

Good Luck to you TheAresian, you served OTI more than admirably through the years but there's nothing I can do now to stop the man made of Snow.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:08 am

Aresian, your position as Director of the Coconut Lounge is a lifetime appointment and you have performed admirably.Should you decide to come back, and I hope you do, your position will be waiting for you.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:41 am

docstox12 wrote:Aresian, your position as Director of the Coconut Lounge is a lifetime appointment and you have performed admirably.Should you decide to come back, and I hope you do, your position will be waiting for you.

I may still lost. Why the resignation?

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:46 am

docstox12 wrote:Aresian, your position as Director of the Coconut Lounge is a lifetime appointment and you have performed admirably.Should you decide to come back, and I hope you do, your position will be waiting for you.

A nice gesture Doc but when Snow Man gets through with him there will be no traces of TheAresian anywhere on planet Earth. Comparatively speaking he will look back on the times Farmer Jones punished him for his indiscretions as the good times.

I'm still not sure why he didn't take my suggestion to make the Coconut Lounge kid friendly by transitioning to a Chuckies Coconuts or Bananas R Us. I guess it's not in his DNA, he made his choice. He will be sorely missed here, he was one of the greats.

May God rest his soul.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:15 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

I may still lost.  Why the resignation?

As Aresian wanders through the his Mainland Estate interacting with more normal ie "boring" individuals, he will realize the only true place where he can hang his hat and be himself is here on OTI.As all swallows return to Capistrano, SNOWMAN came back to OTI to roost.We are within sight of closing down the Island as the Mainland winter winds down in late March, so perhaps Aresian after having a summer off will begin to wander back to OTI come October.Yours truly, your Director of Parliament and Director of the OTI Sanitarium ,plans to be here to the last pixel, my physical removal virtually is all that will stop me from conducting this Island in the years to come.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm

I'd just like to state for the record, the OTI courts saw no need for anyone to be sanctioned for this incident. Resignations were not even in my thought process. This Court has high moral standards, except for those times when they are low. But is very forgiving in either event. I hope the Aresian returns. In the meantime, CP, do you have the keys to the Lounge? Because I need a drink with what's going on back on the mainland.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm

billg315 wrote:I'd just like to state for the record, the OTI courts saw no need for anyone to be sanctioned for this incident.  Resignations were not even in my thought process.  This Court has high moral standards, except for those times when they are low. But is very forgiving in either event.  I hope the Aresian returns. In the meantime, CP, do you have the keys to the Lounge? Because I need a drink with what's going on back on the mainland.

I do, and after Srocs most recent post it appears to me that the ship has sprung several leaks and is in danger of sinking quickly.

I am now mentally preparing for tons of rain tomorrow mixed with snow at times which will never accumulate.

I will be joining you for drinks immediately. The situation looks dire IMO.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 pm

billg315 wrote:I'd just like to state for the record, the OTI courts saw no need for anyone to be sanctioned for this incident.  Resignations were not even in my thought process.  This Court has high moral standards, except for those times when they are low. But is very forgiving in either event.  I hope the Aresian returns. In the meantime, CP, do you have the keys to the Lounge? Because I need a drink with what's going on back on the mainland.

billg, with the new keypad system on the Coconut Lounge for OTI Officials, merely type in the code "wearenuts" and you will gain access.I am assigning syosnow to assume control of Aresian's position, NOT to take his place, but just to hold it until Aresian returns.

PS.If that access code fails, type in "webedrunks".
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum