NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

+38
SNOW MAN
dsvinos
Aerojet514
Sharon117
Taffy
2004blackwrx
Math23x7
mako460
SoulSingMG
Mathgod55
docstox12
amugs
lglickman1
dad4twoboys
crippo84
Fededle22
rb924119
GreyBeard
mmanisca
billg315
jtswife
skinsfan1177
Shannon1829
nujerzeedevil
nutleyblizzard
snow247
jimv45
weatherwatchermom
CPcantmeasuresnow
jwalsh
jmanley32
devsman
frank 638
RJB8525
down tines
sroc4
Grselig
Frank_Wx
42 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 pm

So far H5 still has yet to close off to 540 dam. That said, the only models that I can find that were accurate with this are the NAVY, CMC and SREF mean. That makes for an interesting blend lmao

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by snow247 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 pm

SREFS!

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 SREFNE24Precip21033
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by devsman Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Just want to say, feels so good to finally share a storm with you guys after the brutal start to winter. This should be the biggest snow storm during an EL nino year. Will be drinking right along side you guys. Thanks for the awesome job u all do. Especially you Frank. U are famous in my math department after the last 3 years. lol
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 424
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 45
Location : merrick, ny (south shore of Long Island)

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by sroc4 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:My final call.  Win lose or draw I have to say its been quite a ride.  I feel like the anxiety over the last 2 days has been like when you are strapped into the seat of a roller coaster...click click click...up the hill butterflys and nerves about whats to come.  Well now boys and girls we no longer have to feel the anxiety of what is to come...we are just about over the top so sit back and get your hands up above our heads and enjoy the ride!!!  

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 <a href=01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Final_11" />

So people in the HV are getting 2-4 or 6-10? No 4.1 to 5.9 areas. Seems extreme.

Ahh crap CP. I didn't see that. I raced home from work to update things and missed it. Leave it to the HV guy to spot that. Lol. And now I'm mobile waiting for my pizza and garlic knots. Son of a....

Scott. Don't stress my man I was just joking about it, I know what your map intended. Can't thank all of you for all the work you guys do. It's just incredible.

I know Cp.  And I really appreciate the thanks.  I of course had to go back and fix it. I do have to say I am a bit drained.  I have two bottles of my favorite cab (Estancia, and Meiomi) breathing while I wait for my wife to get the kids down.  The fire is roaring, and Im so ready for it to start.  I am of course looking forward to the storm itself, but one of my favorite times of the storm will be Sunday morning.  I plan on being up and going for a walk in my neighborhood before anyone else is up.  My avatar says it all.  

Bill if you are reading I am officially ready to point out that I nailed January 22nd for the first Godzilla back in November at the GTG!!!

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6973
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 pm

@rb924119 wrote: So far H5 still has yet to close off to 540 dam. That said, the only models that I can find that were accurate with this are the NAVY, CMC and SREF mean. That makes for an interesting blend lmao

What a trio. Scary too. 
@snow247 wrote:SREFS!

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 SREFNE24Precip21033

UHMMMM WOW!!! 

@devsman wrote:Just want to say, feels so good to finally share a storm with you guys after the brutal start to winter. This should be the biggest snow storm during an EL nino year. Will be drinking right along side you guys. Thanks for the awesome job u all do. Especially you Frank. U are famous in my math department after the last 3 years. lol

Good cause I SUCKED at math.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Fededle22 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks to all the major guys (you know who you are) for your expert analysis and pure enjoyment for the weather. I warned my wife about this storm way before the networks announced it and, thanks to you all, I am prepared with enough food, beer, wine and alcohol to make it a week. Just waiting for the first flakes to fall.
Fededle22
Fededle22

Posts : 162
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : West Orange, NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:14 pm

@sroc4 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:My final call.  Win lose or draw I have to say its been quite a ride.  I feel like the anxiety over the last 2 days has been like when you are strapped into the seat of a roller coaster...click click click...up the hill butterflys and nerves about whats to come.  Well now boys and girls we no longer have to feel the anxiety of what is to come...we are just about over the top so sit back and get your hands up above our heads and enjoy the ride!!!  

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 <a href=01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Final_11" />

So people in the HV are getting 2-4 or 6-10? No 4.1 to 5.9 areas. Seems extreme.

Ahh crap CP. I didn't see that. I raced home from work to update things and missed it. Leave it to the HV guy to spot that. Lol. And now I'm mobile waiting for my pizza and garlic knots. Son of a....

Scott. Don't stress my man I was just joking about it, I know what your map intended. Can't thank all of you for all the work you guys do. It's just incredible.

I know Cp.  And I really appreciate the thanks.  I of course had to go back and fix it.  I do have to say I am a bit drained.  I have two bottles of my favorite cab (Estancia, and Meiomi) breathing while I wait for my wife to get the kids down.  The fire is roaring, and Im so ready for it to start.  I am of course looking forward to the storm itself, but one of my favorite times of the storm will be Sunday morning.  I plan on being up and going for a walk in my neighborhood before anyone else is up.  My avatar says it all.  

Bill if you are reading I am officially ready to point out that I nailed January 22nd for the first Godzilla back in November at the GTG!!!

I REMEMBER THAT!!! Dude go play the lottery hahaha

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by crippo84 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Finally off of work and home with a fridge full of beer. Tracking this one has been frustrating at the least, but now it's time to sit back and enjoy watching it unfold. And to add to the enjoyment, we get the weekend to do it! Excellent job by our meteorologists, admins, and moderators here. Virtual cheers to all.
crippo84
crippo84

Posts : 300
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 37
Location : Manhattan

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by sroc4 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

@devsman wrote:Just want to say, feels so good to finally share a storm with you guys after the brutal start to winter. This should be the biggest snow storm during an EL nino year. Will be drinking right along side you guys. Thanks for the awesome job u all do. Especially you Frank. U are famous in my math department after the last 3 years. lol

devsman Frank is famous all over the NE.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6973
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah Frank, pretty funny, because you have three models, with the same H5 start (now) but three entirely different evolutions ahaha SREF mean is the wet and northern extreme, CMC is the dry and southern extreme, and the NAVY is in the middle of those two lmao I'm in the process of sifting through the data and making my final call as we speak lol

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

@Fededle22 wrote:Thanks to all the major guys (you know who you are) for your expert analysis and pure enjoyment for the weather. I warned my wife about this storm way before the networks announced it and, thanks to you all, I am prepared with enough food, beer, wine and alcohol to make it a week. Just waiting for the first flakes to fall.

No problem man. Anyone I speak with the first thing out of their mouth is they bought the alcolhol. 

#priorities

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by dad4twoboys Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Truck is gassed up. full up with salt and ready to rock...

Its time to make the Donuts... will post pics when possible...
dad4twoboys
dad4twoboys
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 200
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Brewster, New York

http://massageguy99.teamasea.com

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by billg315 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:16 pm

@sroc4 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@sroc4 wrote:My final call.  Win lose or draw I have to say its been quite a ride.  I feel like the anxiety over the last 2 days has been like when you are strapped into the seat of a roller coaster...click click click...up the hill butterflys and nerves about whats to come.  Well now boys and girls we no longer have to feel the anxiety of what is to come...we are just about over the top so sit back and get your hands up above our heads and enjoy the ride!!!  

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 <a href=01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Final_11" />

So people in the HV are getting 2-4 or 6-10? No 4.1 to 5.9 areas. Seems extreme.

Ahh crap CP. I didn't see that. I raced home from work to update things and missed it. Leave it to the HV guy to spot that. Lol. And now I'm mobile waiting for my pizza and garlic knots. Son of a....

Scott. Don't stress my man I was just joking about it, I know what your map intended. Can't thank all of you for all the work you guys do. It's just incredible.

I know Cp.  And I really appreciate the thanks.  I of course had to go back and fix it.  I do have to say I am a bit drained.  I have two bottles of my favorite cab (Estancia, and Meiomi) breathing while I wait for my wife to get the kids down.  The fire is roaring, and Im so ready for it to start.  I am of course looking forward to the storm itself, but one of my favorite times of the storm will be Sunday morning.  I plan on being up and going for a walk in my neighborhood before anyone else is up.  My avatar says it all.  

Bill if you are reading I am officially ready to point out that I nailed January 22nd for the first Godzilla back in November at the GTG!!!

Haha. I am reading and you are right. Congrats! You win our informal GTG contest. I went out of my way to be "vague" about it earlier this weeks so as not to jinx you! Very Happy
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3687
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:16 pm

@rb924119 wrote:Yeah Frank, pretty funny, because you have three models, with the same H5 start (now) but three entirely different evolutions ahaha SREF mean is the wet and northern extreme, CMC is the dry and southern extreme, and the NAVY is in the middle of those two lmao I'm in the process of sifting through the data and making my final call as we speak lol

Does H5 trough seem to be going negative faster to you? It's neutral now. I thought some models had it positive in this time frame.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:18 pm

@crippo84 wrote:Finally off of work and home with a fridge full of beer. Tracking this one has been frustrating at the least, but now it's time to sit back and enjoy watching it unfold. And to add to the enjoyment, we get the weekend to do it! Excellent job by our meteorologists, admins, and moderators here. Virtual cheers to all.

You're welcome! 

@dad4twoboys wrote:Truck is gassed up. full up with salt and ready to rock...

Its time to make the Donuts... will post pics when possible...

Boston Kreme ftw

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by lglickman1 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Is negative at this point good or bad?

lglickman1

Posts : 234
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : New Rochelle, NY

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Fededle22 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 pm

If the H5 closes off quicker, does that effect the duration of the storm, snow totals, or both?
Fededle22
Fededle22

Posts : 162
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : West Orange, NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Wow, NWS may raise totals. They're just waiting for the 21Z SREFS which already came out. Now they're waiting for the 00z NAM 

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM SATURDAY MORNING/...
SNOW IS SPREADING NEWD AT AROUND 28 KT PER RADAR TOWARDS THE
REGION FROM PA AND NJ. THIS BRINGS THE SNOW INTO THE CITY AND
NERN NJ ABOUT 9PM. DRY AIR IS IN PLACE WITH DEWPOINTS IN THE
SINGLE DIGITS. MOST OF THE STEADY AND ACCUMULATING SNOW AFT
MIDNIGHT MOST AREAS BECAUSE OF THIS ATTM. WRT THE STORM
OVERALL...THE 18Z GFS DID COME IN FURTHER N...SO WILL BE
AWAITING THE 21Z SREF PLUS 00Z NAM. NEXT UPDATE MAY BE CLOSER TO
1045 PM TO ALLOW FOR A PEAK AT THE 00Z GFS.

ANALYSIS OF GFS/ECMWF/CANADIAN/NAM INDICATES A FASTER ONSET OF
SNOW TONIGHT. EXPECT SNOW TO DEVELOP FROM SW TO NORTHEAST TONIGHT.

POTENT TROUGH AND SFC LOW PIVOTS EAST...WITH LOW PRESSURE
DEEPENING RAPIDLY OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST TONIGHT.

EXPECT SNOW ACCUMS TO RANGE FROM 1 TO 2 INCHES NEAR THE COAST TO
LITTLE ACCUMS ACROSS THE INTERIOR BY SUNRISE.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 pm

@lglickman1 wrote:Is negative at this point good or bad?

@Fededle22 wrote:If the H5 closes off quicker, does that effect the duration of the storm, snow totals, or both?

Negative would draw the surface low closer to the coast. And yes, duration would be longer.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm

We can't forget what got us to this point! Huge Atlantic trough buckling the low and allowing the eastern US trough to amplify and go negative. Also some east based blocking  

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Gfs_z500a_nhem_3

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by rb924119 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@rb924119 wrote:Yeah Frank, pretty funny, because you have three models, with the same H5 start (now) but three entirely different evolutions ahaha SREF mean is the wet and northern extreme, CMC is the dry and southern extreme, and the NAVY is in the middle of those two lmao I'm in the process of sifting through the data and making my final call as we speak lol

Does H5 trough seem to be going negative faster to you? It's neutral now. I thought some models had it positive in this time frame.

Honestly, it's hard for me to tell. If you look above the "pinch point" where the mouth of the trough is, that looks positively tilted to me, but if you look at the base it looks neutral, I'd agree. I don't know how this will play out; maybe if the mouth stays positive it will prevent H5 from truly closing off and strengthening, at which point EVERYBODY will get dumped on, because it will allow the entire system to remain just progressive enough that the bottom can never really fully wrap itself up beneath it, but the flow out the the neutrally tilted base will allow the low to parallel the coast (through the column) instead of escaping to sea as quickly. I don't know.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:28 pm

21Z SREFS ain't playing around 

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 SREF_MSLPThickQPF_ne_f21

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 SREF_MSLPThickQPF_ne_f24

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 SREF_MSLPThickQPF_ne_f27

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

HRRR snow map - and it's still snowing after this frame

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Acsnw_t3sfc_f24

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20070
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:Hi all - check out the RAP model and the surface wind gusts. 50mph going well inland into NJ!!! If I lose power I will not be happy 

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Rap_mslp_gust_neng_18

Is this at all reliable, it has some pretty serious winds into my area too, looks around 45-50kts wow. And btw those are kts so its more like 60mph by you. maybe 50 by me.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18384
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by amugs Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Channel.12 still has me 4-8" what a fn joke they are!

Hahahaha.

Frank great map and awesome job this week the stirm, fricking exhausting as all hell but kudos to you and the rest of our family..
We got er done whew now let sit back and enjoy the white gold from big Momma!!!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12434
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call - Page 3 Empty Re: 01/23/16 Storm Update #6 - Final Call

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum