NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: "Off-Topic Island"

+14
Grselig
keliza52
billg315
Taffy
Math23x7
algae888
sroc4
SNOW MAN
Quietace
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
18 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 13 Empty Re: OT: "Off-Topic Island"

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:57 am

Math23X7, you are a gem, my friend! You will see some day when you hit my age,64, that razor sharp memories like yours really do start to fade.Reading this detailed analysis of the 1998-1999 winter was very enjoyable.Yes, a White Christmas does forgive a lot of sins in a relatively snowless winter.My first memories start with the winter of 1960-1961 which was very productive around here and had a White Christmas with the remains of the Dec.11-12 Blizzard.Hope you do well with these two storms coming up.

KCACO!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I need a mental break from this winter and the mainland for at least several days, and will only be on OTI until further notice.

A few things about those late season storms Doc. The March 30, 1970 blizzard our car got stuck in the snow on the way to church, if you remember it was Easter Sunday. I believe we had about 15 inches in Rockland County where I grew up. As we walked through the snow back home, my father looked back at me and yelled, this is what we get with your lousy snow. I was 9 at the time.

The Aprl blizzard in 1982 was actually on April 6th. 9.6 inches in NYC, probably 12 inches but lets not go there now, and 18 where I was in Orange County. I had tickets for the Yankees home opener that day and the season was canceled 5 days till they could clear out Yankee Stadium.

Many many other good snows in mid March, through mid April just in our lifetime, especially where you now reside in the HV.

March 20, 1958 11.8 inches in NYC, well over a foot in suburbs.
March 22, 1967 9.0 inches in NYC over a foot in nearby suburbs.
March 19, 1992 6.2 inches in NYC and more in suburbs.
March 13, 1993 10.6 inches in NYC and over 20 inches in HV - Superstorm 1993.
April 3, 2003 4-8 inches in NYC, again opening day at Yankee stadium only delayed one day this time.The next day the game was played with a game time temperature 0f 33 and a snow covered Bronx in the background. Charlie Steiners opening line on the radio. "Welcome everyone to Yankee baseball. It's a beautiful day for  baseball today" short pause, "somewhere in the country but certainly not here".

I'm going to the beach for a midnight swim, ummm budget meeting with the Queen.

And there's another snow event to point. By itself, this event was not really special. But in the context of the season, it sure was. I'm talking about April 5th, 2006.

I remember Joe Cioffi pointing out after the 2004-05 season that it was the first time CPK measured at least 40" of snow for three consecutive seasons. After the record breaking 26.9" it got from the February 11-12, 2006 snowstorm, I wondered it 2005-06 would be the fourth straight year it did so (I was 15 years old during that season). The snow/ice storm of March 2nd, 2006 (which caused some slick roads) put CPK at 39.9" on the season. The rest of the month was warm and dry, not a flake of snow. This warmth continued into the beginning of April. However, after a few days, it got a bit cooler. Late Wednesday morning April 5th, 2006, I was just walking into my history class in high school (in Queens, NY) and we had a snow squall! It tapered off soon after but wow what a sight to see. My teacher actually brought up how she remembered the April Fools Blizzard of 1997 that shut down Boston. Anyway, soon after I get home, I watch the weather report and they put up that CPK had measured 0.1" of snow meaning it got to 40.0" on the season, the 4th straight season it did so. Even if April snow events are minor, it's interesting to see how they impact the seasonal snow totals.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Snow Man, we know you're out there.

We see you logged on yesterday. Come out with your hands up and we won't hurt you, however you have a lot of explaining to do.

You are 1 day from having your citizenship revoked and 7 days from being declared legally dead on OTI. If you don't come out of hiding by midnight tomorrow your citizenship will be transferred to Math23X7.

Face your lashes from the Queen like a man. You may even enjoy it.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:20 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Snow Man, we know you're out there.

We see you logged on yesterday. Come out with your hands up and we won't hurt you, however you have a lot of explaining to do.

You are 1 day from having your citizenship revoked and 7 days from being declared legally dead on OTI. If you don't come out of hiding by midnight tomorrow your citizenship will be transferred to Math23X7.

Face your lashes from the Queen like a man. You may even enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-qhIGTXdU

Better come clean Snowman, no lurking or this guy is coming after you!!!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:42 am

Doc I usually don't see you wandering the island at 3:30. Can't watch the video for snowman yet to early. My comments later this morning on that.

So it appears we have 2 missing persons now. Snowman who tripped up our surveillance wires yesterday and Mugs who apparently has been appointed a moderator on the Mainland and can no longer associate with the outcasts of OTI. You know what they say Doc you can take the boy out of OTI but you can't take OTI out of the boy.

He'll be back some day. When his days of Moderating are over he'll come crawling back the question is do we take him back?

In the meantime I am taking over immigration and tourism again. Sorry I bypassed Parliament but I was meeting with the queen again tonight and she okayed it. Don't worry I am not resigning as budget director. Revenues are robust so someone has to count it.

I hear the hammocks are nearly here. They're just rounding Cape Horn as we speak. Should be any day now. When they come I will send out notices to the a mainland that now have accommodations. Tourism should pick from that. We already have Math23x7 on extended stay Visa and he seems to be enjoying his time here.

May try to catch a couple hours sleep. The queen was relentless tonight going over figures. Oddly she always has me draw my budgets on her. She says it's so she can review then anytime and anywhere. It's a bit eccentric but I'm happy to oblige. Anything for our island Queendom.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 am

Yes, CP, a wandering snowzombie am I at this hour.Detailed reply to follow later.Try to catch a few zzz's before daybreak.Later.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:43 am

CP, glad you had the foresight to install trip wiring around the entire perimeter of OTI so "silent" incursions like the SnowMan's yesterday can be logged and analyzed by the OTI Bureau Of Tourism and Immigration.This recent event will have to be scrutinized and analyzed thoroughly for an appropriate response.

As far as Mugsy high hatting us here at OTI, we must remember that we rather unceremoniously and humiliatingly stripped him of his King Snow Weenie Crown, which no doubt made page one in all the mainland newspapers.Mugsy could have totally spurned and ignored us but in his graciousness and goodheartedness, gave us Queen Star and her retinue, including Amber and June.As a result, Mugsy's gesture has caused the Treasury of OTI to overflow with a surplus in revenue as noted in the record of tourist visits here.In my mind, we should be honored that a citizen of this outcast of the damned Island should be recognized and chosen by our benovolent Emperor Frank for the significant and important position of Moderator of the Mainland Board.I think secretly Mugsy will know that his true allegiance is to OTI and at the very least, we have an advocate to support our position on the Mainland Empire.

I am in awe at your dedication to OTI in taking over the Board of Immigration and Tourism AS WELL AS that of Director of the Treasury. Give Queen Star my sincerest gratitude at her ability to make you "rise" to every occaision.

Also very glad to hear those hammocks are finally on their way.It appears that each one was hand made in a sweatshop in Malaysia and have taken forever to get here. I have Tourists standing around waiting to relax, fer crying out loud!

As I ponder and reflect, it has been a good year at OTI.We are still existing, albeit population down 50%, but the solid core remaining is dedicated to the welfare and development of the Island.We can look forward to continuing this positive trend in the future.

Signing off, Citizen Docstox, 6:43 AM Jan 24 Anno Domani 2015
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 am

Sung to the tune of Cab Colloway's "Minnie the Moocher"...

"This is the story about CP the Hacker,....
He had to correct that Zookeeper slacker...."

Above in re: to CP's NOAA computer caper....
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:07 pm

docstox12 wrote:CP, glad you had the foresight to install trip wiring around the entire perimeter of OTI so "silent" incursions like the SnowMan's yesterday can be logged and analyzed by the OTI Bureau Of Tourism and Immigration.This recent event will have to be scrutinized and analyzed thoroughly for an appropriate response.

As far as Mugsy high hatting us here at OTI, we must remember that we rather unceremoniously and humiliatingly stripped him of his King Snow Weenie Crown, which no doubt made page one in all the mainland newspapers.Mugsy could have totally spurned and ignored us but in his graciousness and goodheartedness, gave us Queen Star and her retinue, including Amber and June.As a result, Mugsy's gesture has caused the Treasury of OTI to overflow with a surplus in revenue as noted in the record of tourist visits here.In my mind, we should be honored that a citizen of this outcast of the damned Island should be recognized and chosen by our benovolent Emperor Frank for the significant and important position of Moderator of the Mainland Board.I think secretly Mugsy will know that his true allegiance is to OTI and at the very least, we have an advocate to support our position on the Mainland Empire.

I am in awe at your dedication to OTI in taking over the Board of Immigration and Tourism AS WELL AS that of Director of the Treasury. Give Queen Star my sincerest gratitude at her ability to make you "rise" to every occaision.

Also very glad to hear those hammocks are finally on their way.It appears that each one was hand made in a sweatshop in Malaysia and have taken forever to get here. I have Tourists standing around waiting to relax, fer crying out loud!

As I ponder and reflect, it has been a good year at OTI.We are still existing, albeit population down 50%, but the solid core remaining is dedicated to the welfare and development of the Island.We can look forward to continuing this positive trend in the future.

Signing off, Citizen Docstox, 6:43 AM Jan 24 Anno Domani 2015

lol! lol!

Awesome as always.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Great news, CP!!!! Our population is back up to 100%. Our buddies SnowMan and Mugsy are alive and well.You might be unburdened of that Tourism and Immigtration job!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Well aren't you getns glad I brought in Star and her snow bunnies I mean buddies - look at here magic and Amber and June talked to her today and she said she was drugged and put on a burlap coconut bag and carried to the alter under duress.

My fellow OTI lads - let's party like its 1999 or 1979 for that matter for you gents!!

I am being beckoned by my beautiful girls - wow Katie Parry Roar eat your heart out and Doc I hear we have reached the milestone of 1MIL in revenue since the girls have arrived - they have a few more friends but will not be coming until after the storm.

Ciao

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Mugsy,

More like party like it's 1969 for me.

Drugged and put on a burlap bag, eh? The OTIBI ( OTI Bureau of Investigation) will have to look into that issue thoroughly.

By all means, we will issue Visas for any of the other gorgeous honey's friends may want to spend an extended stay on OTI.With this HECS or BECS on the way, I'm sure many travel delays will stall their arrival,pity that!

So glad you paid us a visit here, Mugsy.We on the Island are very proud of your promotion on the Mainland to Moderator par excellance! We know we have a strong advocate there with Emperor Frank to aid in the operation of OTI.

Crank up the Bailey Machine and check all alcohol stocks in your house.Might not be able to get out for a few days.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:28 am

CP, just what in the hell have you and Queen Star cooked up here with this massive, major snowstorm headed straight for the mainland? Whatever it is, keep it coming for the rest of the winter.

I'll rename her the Queen o' Weenies!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 am

Okay I read through the posts and you guys are a RIP!!

Star Queen of Weenie's? HMMMM........Listen to that out loud - DOc your girlfriend may have a slight issue with it.

I am very proud of my promotion and I thank all of my supportive OTI friends for the congrats and support in this dubious honor.

Star is making lemonade out of apples for god's sake and I knew she her absolute gorgeous body and looks were powerful but praise her as almighty with this Mother of God storm we are about to have.

I make a proclamation to grant our gorgeous Snow Queen a permanent Queen of our Weenie's on this great island of OTI on this day January 25, 2015!!

All in Favor..................Aye.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:51 am

You are the best ex-king that money can buy. What you did in OTI to straighten things out, sacrificing your own crown for the good of the citizenry will never be forgotten. With all the funds flowing in I have already set aside a large sum of money to erect a statue on the beaches in honor of you. Queen Star has been a godsend, in many ways, I won't go into any of them right now on a public forum.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Parliament, in an emergency pre-storm session, has readily authorized any necessary funds for the construction of a statue honoring Former Snow Weenie King Mugsy as one of the Founders of OTI.His magnanimous gesture of immigrating Queen star , Amber and June will be noted on the base of the statue.

Accepted and adjucated, OTI Parliament, January 25, Anno Domani 2015.

Included in the funds is a ten year escrow account to pay for statue washers as the many and varied bird species of OTI will certainly be pooping all over King Mugsy's statue. We cannot accept seeing him with a crown of bird guano...
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Gentlemen, What do I do the most gracious honor and can not thank you my people of OTI that I most honorably lead for all on 12 months due this infinite honor. I in my genius wisdom used the hormonal instinct the minute I met her that SHE STAR would be someone who would lift us out of these winter doldrums.

The funds for cleaning the statue or very impressive sir docstox since you have the forethought of no man I have ever met before. CP your motion to erect a statue is humbling and how is the honeymoon? Have you seen the light of day or is she as fabulous as how Star looks.

Long live OTI. Amber and June have stated they love the inhabitats of OTI and have beckoned their friends and mothers to come since it is quite easy to get a visa. Doc are you actually collecting or are they paying via another means? Amber's friend Violet said you examined her teeth with her eyes clothes and some instrument that was I can't it may be to graphic on a public forum but she liked her OTI dental exam.

Now onto the mainland for an epic snowstorm!!!

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:18 pm

amugs wrote:Gentlemen, What do I do the most gracious honor and can not thank you my people of OTI that I most honorably lead for all on 12 months due this infinite honor. I in my genius wisdom used the hormonal instinct the minute I met her that SHE STAR would be someone who would lift us out of these winter doldrums.

The funds for cleaning the statue or very impressive sir docstox since you have the forethought of no man I have ever met before.  CP your motion to erect a statue is humbling and how is the honeymoon? Have you seen the light of day or is she as fabulous as how Star looks.

Long live OTI. Amber and June have stated they love the inhabitats of OTI and have beckoned their friends and mothers to come since it is quite easy to get a visa. Doc are you actually collecting or are they paying via another means? Amber's friend Violet said you examined her teeth with her eyes clothes and some instrument that was I can't it may be to graphic on a public forum but she liked her OTI dental exam.

Now onto the mainland for an epic snowstorm!!!

All visa fees for Queen Star's retinue have been waived.Massive tourist visa revenues from mainlanders slumming on the Island more than make up for what we use there.

Yes,beloved King Mugsy, your genius and foresight have lifted OTI to one of the few countries in the world where our budget surpluses raise the standard of living for the inhabitants. The Island is about to go on a three day binge of celebration of the incredible Euro Model prediction of an historic Mainland Snowstorm, cheered and guided on all the way by yourself, I might add.Your powers are still intact, oh King!

Yes , I must admit Violet was somewhat concerned when I mentioned that a thorough Dental Examination included disrobing, but I am glad she related to you that the exam was enjoyable.

Now, I lift a glass to all of our mainland friends, wherever they may be and toast to the amazing amounts of white gold they are about to receive.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm

CP, I am boiling a vat of tar and plucking feathers from various waterfowl on OTI just in case this snowstorm busts out. I want the people who designed the NAM and EURO models to be tarred and feathered!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Doc I'm done for the night. I don't think it's in the cards for us with this one. By morning if I see 6 new inches I'll be shocked, at this point I'm not expecting anything. We don't get shutout much on these, even if qpf is lower, we usually make up for it with ratios. What the heck I hope everyone else will get a chance to catch up to us tonight for the season.

There is no joy tonight in OTI, the mighty Clipper has struck out.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:53 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Doc I'm done for the night. I don't think it's in the cards for us with this one. By morning if I see 6 new inches I'll be shocked, at this point I'm not expecting anything. We don't get shutout much on these, even if qpf is lower, we usually make up for it with ratios. What the heck I hope everyone else will get a chance to catch up to us tonight for the season.

lol!

Looks like they will, CP, I'm seeing 10 to 14 inch totals in Queens and LI.I stepped outside and it was just light snow, maybe 2 or 3 inches total up here.Very nasty and cold.Blizzard warning went bye bye and now maybe 3 to 5 more to go.We are on the very western fringe of this and always were riight from the start.I DID NOT like the radar set up last night at 11 PM, knew we were fried right there.GFS and RPM and whatever model putting this low way east were right in the end.NAM and EURO blew chunks,LOL.

The historic celebrations planned in OTI for our predicted 30 plus inch snowfall have been cancelled and sad and dejected citizens are filing away to their tents and caves.

The search is on for Dr.B. Miller.The OTIBI wants to interview him on why his erratic behavior created such chaos on OTI! Inquiring minds want to know.......
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Doc I'm done for the night. I don't think it's in the cards for us with this one. By morning if I see 6 new inches I'll be shocked, at this point I'm not expecting anything. We don't get shutout much on these, even if qpf is lower, we usually make up for it with ratios. What the heck I hope everyone else will get a chance to catch up to us tonight for the season.

lol!

Looks like they will, CP, I'm seeing 10 to 14 inch totals in Queens and LI.I stepped outside and it was just light snow, maybe 2 or 3 inches total up here.Very nasty and cold.Blizzard warning went bye bye and now maybe 3 to 5 more to go.We are on the very western fringe of this and always were riight from the start.I DID NOT like the radar set up last night at 11 PM, knew we were fried right there.GFS and RPM and whatever model putting this low way east were right in the end.NAM and EURO blew chunks,LOL.

The historic celebrations planned in OTI for our predicted 30 plus inch snowfall have been cancelled and sad and dejected citizens are filing away to their tents and caves.

The search is on for Dr.B. Miller.The OTIBI wants to interview him on why his erratic behavior created such chaos on OTI! Inquiring minds want to know.......

Dr Miller B may have ran away with the newly appointed Queen.  Dont blame him.  I have not gone outside yet but it looks like I am at at least 16-18".  Going to finish some coffee and head out to check

Last edited by sroc4 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 am

AHA, Doc, that explains it!!!! Queen Star and Dr. Miller B went to the mainland (LI)!!!!!!!

Hey, congrats on the big hit out there and have a blast enjoying it!!!! Looks like you, syo and Nofo out there to your east are happy campers this morning!!!

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Mugs, I still love ya but the statues coming down. We will put it in storage should you prove yourself at some later date.

The queen stays with me, for budget meetings only of course.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Well, (Former) King Mugsy, when life hands you lemons...make lemonade.With no statue now, you won't have to worry about pigeons pooping on your head.

"Into every life a little snow must fall......in this storm's case, VERY little."
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkYN7wYQFk

A song dedicated to the NAM, EURO and GFS and what they did to me as per our recent storm.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:41 am

Nailed to strategic coconut trees throughout OTI...

A PROCLAMATION

I, Docstox, one of the Founding Fathers and leader of OTI Parliament to hereby declare the month of February to be FKMAM, or Former King Mugsy Appreciation Month, in recognition of the amazing 6 weeks of snow he produced in the 6 weeks of Jan-Feb 2014 and for bringing Queen Star , Amber and June to OTI resulting in an amazing increase of Tourist Visa Income and an overflowing of the OTI Treasury which will, no doubt, be used in various philanthropic endeavors to aid and help humanity in the realm of weather phenomena.

Recognized and passed by OTI Parliament this 28th day of January, Anno Domani 2015

The OTITT ( Oti Think Tank) is perusing the creation of the OTIRMTMI, or OTI Re-Model the Models Institute for the fine tuning of our current weather models.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum