General Banter

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Re: General Banter

Post by Frank_Wx on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:37 pm

amugs wrote:Folks,

As an educator of 26 years I have had my fair share of ups and downs with parents, students, administration and peers. This one has struck me to the core though. A student of my mine made the horrible decision today to take his life by jumping off the Garden State Plaza parking garage deck this morning. This is the third such incident we have had in our school (the other 2 were alumni - Madison Holleran a national story back in 2014? yes a NH grad and then her good friend Mike Menakis 2 months later at TCNJ). Our school is rocked to teh core with this one cause he was our, my student who sat at Station #19 in the CAD LAB in my CAD 2 class. I had the pleasure of teaching his oldest sister back in 2006 and had his brother and his other sister in classes. I have the dubious task tomorrow of seeing this class that this young man was in and I ask for your prayers to give me strength to be strong and stand before them not only as their teacher but as another adult human being who mentors these young people. To give them a message that they will understand and be realistic about. I stood before my soccer program in 2006 to deliver a message that one of our own program brothers passed from a brain tumor. That was not easy but for some reason this one is hitting harder.  I also want to pray for his family and his friends that they maybe able to get through this most difficult time. May he, Angel (yes that is his name) rest in eternal peace.

Mugs

Just getting around to this Mugs.

My township - Cranford - has had student suicides too. There were a couple when I was in high school and I recall one when I was in college. Anyway, it is very difficult to deal with. You can't help but feel awful for their families but also wonder what could have possibly gone wrong in their lives to bring them to that decision. Luckily there are teachers like you who I'm sure the majority, if not 99.999% of students, love interacting with or talking to.

May Angel rest in peace!

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018: 35"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm

On another note...

I am leaving for Iceland Thursday night. I can't wait. I heard from many it is a surreal experience.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
amugs wrote:Folks,

As an educator of 26 years I have had my fair share of ups and downs with parents, students, administration and peers. This one has struck me to the core though. A student of my mine made the horrible decision today to take his life by jumping off the Garden State Plaza parking garage deck this morning. This is the third such incident we have had in our school (the other 2 were alumni - Madison Holleran a national story back in 2014? yes a NH grad and then her good friend Mike Menakis 2 months later at TCNJ). Our school is rocked to teh core with this one cause he was our, my student who sat at Station #19 in the CAD LAB in my CAD 2 class. I had the pleasure of teaching his oldest sister back in 2006 and had his brother and his other sister in classes. I have the dubious task tomorrow of seeing this class that this young man was in and I ask for your prayers to give me strength to be strong and stand before them not only as their teacher but as another adult human being who mentors these young people. To give them a message that they will understand and be realistic about. I stood before my soccer program in 2006 to deliver a message that one of our own program brothers passed from a brain tumor. That was not easy but for some reason this one is hitting harder.  I also want to pray for his family and his friends that they maybe able to get through this most difficult time. May he, Angel (yes that is his name) rest in eternal peace.

Mugs

Just getting around to this Mugs.

My township - Cranford - has had student suicides too. There were a couple when I was in high school and I recall one when I was in college. Anyway, it is very difficult to deal with. You can't help but feel awful for their families but also wonder what could have possibly gone wrong in their lives to bring them to that decision. Luckily there are teachers like you who I'm sure the majority, if not 99.999% of students, love interacting with or talking to.

May Angel rest in peace!

Mugs, sorry for the delay in offering my condolences on this dreadful event you and the students went through.God be with you Mugs!!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:On another note...

I am leaving for Iceland Thursday night. I can't wait. I heard from many it is a surreal experience.

Frank, I've taken some You Tube video trips to Iceland and it's breathtaking with it's landscapes.Hope you get to meet a lot of people there and find out how life is.Safe travels Frank! Let us know how it all went.
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:06 am

Frank_Wx wrote:On another note...

how exciting. I have a friend who went this summer and had a wonderful time!! enjoy!
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:43 am

Some photos from my trip to Iceland:

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Absolutely incredible Frank! Glad you had a good time.Must be some amazing weather events in that country!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30