NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: "Off-Topic Island"

+14
Grselig
keliza52
billg315
Taffy
Math23x7
algae888
sroc4
SNOW MAN
Quietace
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
18 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 24 Empty Re: OT: "Off-Topic Island"

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:05 am

amugs wrote:OTI Founding Fathers,citizens and wanna be OTI or here just for a break,

I, Albert Mark  Francis Mugno, former King Snow Weenie, declare that the son named Math 23 x 7 will be granted citizenship to the wonderful island that we so founded in 2014 due to delirium over white gold and at times during the winter season lack thereof (how I became teh ex King). So my dearest man Mikey yuo with teh full support of my parliment members grant this young man citizenship to this most blessed  island.

Other business Docstox you are hilarious and you along with CP and Taffy hurt my stomach with your posts on here it is such a great escape form teh grinds of daily life and the forum!!

If you read the posts above now know why we are friends here - we all have a very common denominator and that is we have all been touched by a beautiful person who had impacted our lives in some way shape or form. That person is still with us, dad, dear friends, and brothers and always will be. It is what brings us strangers together and even though we are not close in proximity that doesn't change how we all support each other. I feel blessed to have found not only this board but the fine folks here and my brothers on OTI and sisters. I say we need to have an OTL gathering of our own come the spring to sit down and meet each other once and for all - put a beautiful face to our names (well doc yuo know I am good looking italian and you are too since we drove into teh g2g last year - quality time and laughed our asses off!). Simpere Fi

Okay, now back to my moderating job on the mainland and lets get er done and we can then take a break from the doldrums of this snow drought!!

Mugs

I Docstox, Director of Parliament, OTI on this 19th day of January Anno Domani 2016 hereby sanction Former King Snow Weenie Mugsy's request for Citizenship to Math 23X 7 for his loyalty and devotion to OTI and for his world reknowned accomplishment in the realm of weather statistics and amazing feats of recalling weather related memorabilia.

I am drawing up drafts concerning our Former King Snow Weenie, when Parliament, if ever, reconvenes, to re-instate his former crown if the major snowstorm does hit the Mainland.His work in the Long Range Crew headed by our beloved and benevolent, Emperor Frank, has to my opinion single handedly conjured up this storm in the most horrible conditions for snow since the tragic Hellnino year of 1997-1998.I have a skeleton crew, the best I could muster as everyone is emergency staffing the Sanitarium in these trying times, to search for Former King Mugsy's statue stored on OTI somewhere.I am examining various powerwashers to see which one will best remove the pigeon and parrot feces which, the last time I remember, completely covered poor Former King Mugsy's upper extremeties.

On a sincere and more serious note, I agree with Mugsy's heartfelt expression of the love and devotion we all have for each other on our Island.We are all bonded by our loss of loved ones but I know in my heart that they are all watching us from their beautiful Heavenly Home( you know about that,Mugsy, which I believe 1000 percent) and are laughing with us happy to see us all happy here.Never will forget your kindness and great company on that GTG car ride, Mugs.I friggin' LMAO that day with you.

Now, back to work on the Mainland,Bro.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by keliza52 Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 am

Hi all...I rarely post, usually just observations.  However all your latest posts in OTI compel me to offer my condolences and prayers to everyone who has lost a loved one.   My 33 year old son passed away this past June and two months later my younger sister.    The grieving process has been overwhelming.   What helps me immensely is that I know our loved ones are at peace.  Especially my son who was in a really dark place.  

And as I've said I rarely post, just read, I want to tell you how much I enjoy this OTI thread.  There is no way I could keep up with your outrageous banter but just want you to know how much it makes me laugh.   Laughter is a very precious commodity.   I feel I know you all just from reading your posts here and in the other threads.  

Thanks for letting me have my say and keep up the good work.  Love and prayers,

________
Karen

keliza52

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 am

CP- sorry for your loss. 53 and cancer is horrible. My mom died at 65 from pancreatic cancer in 2005. Its so hard to watch a person you love just deteriorate. My dad's passing was sudden. We talked in the morning and discussed a time to talk the next day after the kids went to karate. At night the phones did not pick up and we suspected problems.

Karen, I am so sorry for you loss. The pain you are feeling must be so great. My heart and thoughts are with you and I hope somehow your pain eases.

I am a mere peasant on OTI. A servant of the Weather Lords. I carry my weapons and wear my armor hoping to earn knighthood in the wonderful realm.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:31 am

What the heck is happening. No joke. David Bowie, Glen Frey, Celene Dione's husband and brother. CP's friend, My dad. A friend of mine who I used to work with- young with twins. Alan Rickman. All the personal loss I am reading about here. I really hope the pain and loss ends now.

GRPeasant on OTI
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:38 am

King Kong v Godzilla

Just for the sake of important knowledge.

Many years ago, in the days of Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla - immortal movie classics, there was a film that transcended the classics. It's title was King Kong V Godzilla. There are 2 versions. In the American version King Kong wins because of some ludicrous idiotic script writing about him gaining strength by being hit by lightning. Really moronic stuff. He of course wins. In the original Japanese movie he does not win. I think that Godzilla kicks Kong's behind. The atomic breath. The incredibly dangerous tail which topples buildings. Kong in reality would be reduced to dust and maybe some teeth. I believe that CP supports Kong. I really don't know why as he seems like a very intelligent person.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:36 pm

The Lords of OTI are sweating. Peeing in their trousers.  They understand the power of the Euro.  Its abilities of prediction are awesome and intimidating.   It can be cruel and wields its sword with devastating results.  It is hinting at Revolution.  It calls upon the dread Flurries.   Its rumblings could prove catastrophic to the Kingdom.   Concern is spreading in the upper regions of the golden white castles.  Only the quiet ticking of the creaky ticks of Time  determine its fate.  May the fickle whisperings of Euro speak of joy in its next appearance.

From a mere Peasant

Last edited by Grselig on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Grselig wrote:What the heck is happening.  No joke.  David Bowie, Glen Frey, Celene Dione's husband and brother.  CP's friend, My dad.  A friend of mine who I used to work with- young with twins. Alan Rickman.  All the personal loss I am reading about here.  I really hope the pain and loss ends now.

GRPeasant on OTI  

Yup..if anybody had a recent passing sorry for your loss i read several people saying it within the past few days but not sure who it was
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 pm

RJB8525 wrote:
Grselig wrote:What the heck is happening.  No joke.  David Bowie, Glen Frey, Celene Dione's husband and brother.  CP's friend, My dad.  A friend of mine who I used to work with- young with twins. Alan Rickman.  All the personal loss I am reading about here.  I really hope the pain and loss ends now.

GRPeasant on OTI  

Yup..if anybody had a recent passing sorry for your loss i read several people saying it within the past few days but not sure who it was

Seems like a few tough losses. Anybody remember Iron Mike Sharpe from the old wwf
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Cp , come meet on the OTI where we can both be miserable about missing out AGAIN on the BIG snows. lol

Who knows maybe it will tick a little more North like Frank said with the next few runs.

I wonder where Doc is. It's very unusual for him not to post for the whole day. I hope everything is alright.

SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Snow Man my friend it is so good to have you back. Tuesday and Wednesday are the days I believe Doc visits his mom in Ft. Lee, God bless her.

None of this will surprise Doc. We need about a 40 mile push north and we go from 3 inches to 15, but I'm fully expecting the 3.

There are many worse things in life as we all know, you just have to keep it in perspective.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:13 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Snow Man my friend it is so good to have you back. Tuesday and Wednesday are the days I believe Doc visits his mom in Ft. Lee, God bless her.

None of this will surprise Doc. We need about a 40 mile push north and we go from 3 inches to 15, but I'm fully expecting the 3.

There are many worse things in life as we all know, you just have to keep it in perspective.

Your 100 % right my friend.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:38 am

keliza52 wrote:Hi all...I rarely post, usually just observations.  However all your latest posts in OTI compel me to offer my condolences and prayers to everyone who has lost a loved one.   My 33 year old son passed away this past June and two months later my younger sister.    The grieving process has been overwhelming.   What helps me immensely is that I know our loved ones are at peace.  Especially my son who was in a really dark place.  

And as I've said I rarely post, just read, I want to tell you how much I enjoy this OTI thread.  There is no way I could keep up with your outrageous banter but just want you to know how much it makes me laugh.   Laughter is a very precious commodity.   I feel I know you all just from reading your posts here and in the other threads.  

Thanks for letting me have my say and keep up the good work.  Love and prayers,

________
Karen

Karen, I am so sorry you had to go through the pain of losing your dear son.I know how much a Mom grieves as my Niece lost her 19 year old son in 2007 under very sad circumstances.Yes, my belief is that our loved ones are safe, happy and secure with our Creator.

Welcome to OTI, a land of happiness, peace and laughter.My motto in life is "Five good laughs a day keep the Doctor away" and as Director of Parliament here on the Island, this is the First Amendment to our Island Constitution.I'll turn your tears into howls of laughter, Karen!

Come back anytime! You get a discount on a Tourist visa by mentioning my name at the Bureau of Immigration.

Cheers!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 am

Taffy wrote:

AMEN Dutchess.We at OTI never give up and go on until our last molecule disintegrates!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 am

SNOW MAN wrote:Cp , come meet on the OTI where we can both be miserable about missing out AGAIN on the BIG snows. lol

Who knows maybe it will tick a little more North like Frank said with the next few runs.

I wonder where Doc is. It's very unusual for him not to post for the whole day. I hope everything is alright.

Never fear, my Good Man SNOW, your loyal and faithful Director Of Parliament returns like clockwork Thursday 6:30 AM after Tuesday and Wednesday attending to the needs of his beloved Mom in Fort Lee.I am on a mission from God to administer OTI and raise the spirits of everybody here and on the Mainland and therefor am IMMORTAL,LOL.

Yes, buddy, looks like the usual S and E scroo job for us N and W folks:

" South and East
South and East,
Never fails,
So goes the Beast!"

Maybe we'll get a lucky tick North!?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 am

Grselig wrote:King Kong v Godzilla

Just for the sake of important knowledge.  

Many years ago, in the days of Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla - immortal movie classics, there was a film that transcended the classics.  It's title was King Kong V Godzilla.   There are 2 versions.  In the American version King Kong wins because of some ludicrous idiotic script writing about him gaining strength by being hit by lightning.  Really moronic stuff.  He of course wins.  In the original Japanese movie he does  not win.   I think that Godzilla kicks Kong's behind.  The atomic breath.  The incredibly dangerous tail which topples buildings.  Kong in reality would be reduced to dust and maybe some teeth.  I believe that CP supports Kong. I really don't know why as he seems like a very intelligent person.

A man with this incredible insight into cheesoid sci fi movies deserves more than a peasantry status on OTI.I can pull strings at Parliament here to arrange for Knighthood and assign you a sector Grselig!

Somehow from reading your Mainland posts I knew you would wind up here in the lunatic assylum,LOL!

Welcome aboard!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:54 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Snow Man my friend it is so good to have you back. Tuesday and Wednesday are the days I believe Doc visits his mom in Ft. Lee, God bless her.

CP, my good man, thanks for that sentiment about my beloved Mom who at 95 keeps keeping on!

Looks bad, Buddy.Lee Goldberg mentioned 6 inches cutoff maybe at I 84 but could be brought down to I 287.Thinking 3 to 6 this morning.Only hope is a nowcast last minute N tick.We'll watch the radar Saturday and know right away.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:56 am

RJB8525 wrote:

GRPeasant on OTI  

Thanks for visiting OTI RJB! Don't forget to mention Docstox when you leave at the Tourist Information Bureau for your basket of coconuts and banannas!

Come back anytime!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 am

GRPeasant on OTI  

GR, when you are over 60 like me, you are one CT Scan away from a Doctor telling you to get your affairs in order, you have three months left.I remember on WCBS FM Harry Harrison saying each morning he was on that "Each day was like a precious gift to be unwrapped carefully!"

Let's all be thankful for good health and FAMILY who love us.If you have that, you are a BILLIONAIRE!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm

docstox12 wrote:

CP, my good man, thanks for that sentiment about my beloved Mom who at 95 keeps keeping on!

Looks bad, Buddy.Lee Goldberg mentioned 6 inches cutoff maybe at I 84 but could be brought down to I 287.Thinking 3 to 6 this morning.Only hope is a nowcast last minute N tick.We'll watch the radar Saturday and know right away.

NAM shows us at 30 inches on last run and in a bulls eye. We both know how well that worked out the day before Juno, divide by 10 and the NAM nailed us for Juno. Let's divide this by 10 also and expect 3 inches. Maybe that's the whole problem with the NAM someone forgot to program in the line calculate snow totals and divide by 10.

Just hoping we don't get another anti virga event like last year doc. Remember 10 hours of 20-30 dbz bands overhead on radar and no snow throughout. Weirdest thing I've ever seen and hoping not to see it again.

Hate to say it but I'm getting suckered in again with a couple of these short range models getting heavy snow into the HV. God help me.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 pm

CP, the models for this storm are the worst I have ever seen for our area.Heavy snow to little snow to no snow back to heavy snow.Don't buy into the hype.You know from the anti-virga episode that nothing is sure even on the day of the storm.When we have 8 inches on the ground with 6 to 8 hours of 2 inch perhour snow on the radar, I never believe anything with these winter storms.This one always looked to be a "snowmageddon" type storm that blasts DC-Baltimore-Philly.If you get suckered in and this thing is a bust, you'll wind up in the Sanitarium in a padded cell!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:32 pm

If this storm busts, I may be asking the OTI Bureau of Travel and Immigration for a temporary Visa to visit the island and take my mind off the chaotic models and mounting anger on the mainland. I think I may qualify as a refugee from a war zone.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

billg315 wrote:If this storm busts, I may be asking the OTI Bureau of Travel and Immigration for a temporary Visa to visit the island and take my mind off the chaotic models and mounting anger on the mainland. I think I may qualify as a refugee from a war zone.

Billg the tourist and Visa office opens at 10:00 am and it closes at 3:00 pm.

If the storm is a bust, highly likely, I will grant you a 30 day visa, unprecedented during my time as Director of the Treasury and temporary Tourism Director.

After your visit if you are interested in seeking citizenship please see Taffy regarding the citizenship exam. She passed last year with a perfect score. A remarkable woman.

Doc did you grant Gris a temporary Visa? I saw him roaming sector 7 today but there was no security around so I let him be. Damn Snow Man always taking a catnap in his log when you need him.

BTW - I took the ex Kings statue out of storage this morning just in case Jonas delivers the goods. Of course there are better odds of Sophia Vigara greeting me in a slingshot bikini when I go downstairs tomorrow for my morning coffee.

CP
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Thank you Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler. I shall report to the office post-storm bust during business hours with all of my credentials, and all of my offerings of good will.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:14 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:If this storm busts, I may be asking the OTI Bureau of Travel and Immigration for a temporary Visa to visit the island and take my mind off the chaotic models and mounting anger on the mainland. I think I may qualify as a refugee from a war zone.

Billg the tourist and Visa office opens at 10:00 am and it closes at 3:00 pm.

If the storm is a bust, highly likely, I will grant you a 30 day visa, unprecedented during my time as Director of the Treasury and temporary Tourism Director.

After your visit if you are interested in seeking citizenship please see Taffy regarding the citizenship exam. She passed last year with a perfect score. A remarkable woman.

Doc did you grant Gris a temporary Visa? I saw him roaming sector 7 today but there was no security around so I let him be. Damn Snow Man always taking a catnap in his log when you need him.

BTW - I took the ex Kings statue out of storage this morning just in case Jonas delivers the goods. Of course there are better odds of Sophia Vigara greeting me in a slingshot bikini when I go downstairs tomorrow for my morning coffee.

CP
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

On the basis of Gris incredible essay on cheesoid Japanese sci fi movies, I have offered him Knighthood and management of a sector here.Billg, we exist as a place of comfort after the terrible mental trauma these Mainland Models wreak on kind and innocent Meteorological Hobbyists.I've ordered an emergency supply of straightjackets and they have just arrived in time.

If you see Sophia, send her over to my place for another cup of coffee!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 am

May I also add as a celebration touch here that we have LEGITAMATELY passed the 11,000 poster mark. After Parliament reconvenes and business returns to normal after the Sanitarium closes ( possibly very soon if the NAM verifies) a day of celebration will have to be organized.From my office here in the Pharmacy of the Sanitarium, I can reflect upon the visits recently of new tourists and a return of the citizens to OTI.It is a warm and fuzzy feeling (maybe it's the Vicodin???).
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:29 am

The NAM  king should be the new king king of OTI, no offense to ex king Mugs whose statue has already been taken out of storage and prominently displayed in the town square.

I suggest Mugs be made president, Doc of course keeps his title as Director of Parliament and I will remain as the Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler/Director of the treasury. Of course when it comes to matters of state we should all consult the all knowing and all powerful NAM before any decisions are made. Perhaps Taffy can write a song to extoll the virtues and power of our new leader. I have already begun to write a pledge allegiance to the NAM which we can begin all government meetings with.

Taffy should now take over as the Director of immigration and Snow Man remains Director of Security.

Pending citizenship exams and papers should be fast tracked for Gris, Syos and Math.

Just my opinion.

CP
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next