NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update #4: Final Call Snow Map

+56
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
dsix85
billg315
WOLVES1
wilsocks
Snow88
chief7
toople
nyrfan31
dsvinos
smoggy14
snow247
mancave25
Puff the magic dragon
Artechmetals
Abba701
thgstang
Aiosamoney21
SNOW MAN
New Yorker 234
deadrabbit79
Grselig
Vinnydula
Scullybutcher
meeka312
Analog96
docstox12
BARBIEFLY
essexcountypete
Sferra01
mako460
oldtimer
dad4twoboys
bloc1357
Sunflowers138
crippo84
carvin1079
dkodgis
RJB8525
Dunnzoo
NjWeatherGuy
algae888
Math23x7
aiannone
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
sroc4
skinsfan1177
SoulSingMG
jmanley32
Quietace
devsman
amugs
Frank_Wx
60 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Update #4: Final Call Snow Map - Page 40 Empty Re: Update #4: Final Call Snow Map

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 am

Yeah, you don't take the NAM home to meet your parents!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Update #4: Final Call Snow Map - Page 40 Empty Re: Update #4: Final Call Snow Map

Post by sroc4 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 am

billg315 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:The NAM is the type of model you don't want to sleep with more than once.

And then it always seems to show up at the same place as you trying to tempt you to look at it.

HA! So true Billg

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:30 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
RJB8525 wrote:ABC has an annoying attitude of "we want to make it right" meaning they'll take as much time as possible to really stay with it.

Freeze says mixing In NYC Lee says not a lock..lol I think after all today's runs they'll put numbers on a board tonight

Amy freeze stated several times yesterday morning that New York City only received a couple of inches of snow. Every reporting station other than the inaccurate central Park reported 4 to 5 inches in New York City yesterday. But they so can't look outside the box to realize that. They just go with the inaccurate measurement in central Park which is always an accurate. Those of the mornings you wish Bill Evans was on. At least he would point that out in a joking way what a joke the 2 1/2 inches is.

No response yet from NOAA it'son the e-mails, I hope everyone is sending them in. If we don't apply pressure now get set for the under measurement of all time with this storm. a word to the wise

Lee G is a really good Met.  When he says something like its not a lock it certainly makes my ears perk up.  The man has seen it and done it.  He has knows how hard it is for things to come together just right as is being depicted.  He has seen the last minute busts after super hype.  He is a pro for making that statement.  That being said I would be willing to bet if you had a convo with him right now off the record he would say he would agree with the current outlook of an historic system.

Doc, aside from Frank, you and other great mets on the site, the only one I ever listen to is Lee.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtone Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
RJB8525 wrote:ABC has an annoying attitude of "we want to make it right" meaning they'll take as much time as possible to really stay with it.

Freeze says mixing In NYC Lee says not a lock..lol I think after all today's runs they'll put numbers on a board tonight

Amy freeze stated several times yesterday morning that New York City only received a couple of inches of snow. Every reporting station other than the inaccurate central Park reported 4 to 5 inches in New York City yesterday. But they so can't look outside the box to realize that. They just go with the inaccurate measurement in central Park which is always an accurate. Those of the mornings you wish Bill Evans was on. At least he would point that out in a joking way what a joke the 2 1/2 inches is.

No response yet from NOAA it'son the e-mails, I hope everyone is sending them in. If we don't apply pressure now get set for the under measurement of all time with this storm. a word to the wise

Lee G is a really good Met.  When he says something like its not a lock it certainly makes my ears perk up.  The man has seen it and done it.  He has knows how hard it is for things to come together just right as is being depicted.  He has seen the last minute busts after super hype.  He is a pro for making that statement.  That being said I would be willing to bet if you had a convo with him right now off the record he would say he would agree with the current outlook of an historic system.

Lee G is one of my fav as well. Jeff Smith is good too. I also liked he at least took a min to mention how not too far north of Central Park were 5" measurements in the Bronx

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:33 am

12z Nam has epic banding over NYC. 20+ on this run. Insane.
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:33 am

Not that it matters but here's NAM snow map

Update #4: Final Call Snow Map - Page 40 NAM_SnowDepth_ne_f57

And to be honest, based on where H5 closed off the low should have tracked further west. This model is still correcting. That's why I said let's wait until 00z

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 am

Dtone wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Lee G is one of my fav as well. Jeff Smith is good too. I also liked he at least took a min to mention how not too far north of Central Park were 5" measurements in the Bronx

That's true Dtone, but if Bill Evans was on he would've flat out pointed out how there's no way but to when two and a half inch measurement in central Park was correct. Then he would've made a joke about how the monkeys they send out to measure just can't seem to get it right.

That's why I wish he was on yesterday. I can even imagine how botched the measurements will be Tuesday between wind and no one wanting to step out of the lions cage because of the cold. It is my cross to bare.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 am

Frank NAM closed off LP over Delmarva (further south) and brings a huge CCB over jersey coast and NYC for like 10 hours.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Not that it matters but here's NAM snow map

Update #4: Final Call Snow Map - Page 40 NAM_SnowDepth_ne_f57

And to be honest, based on where H5 closed off the low should have tracked further west. This model is still correcting. That's why I said let's wait until 00z

YES!! I thought I was losing my mind for a second ahaha I was like "there's no way with H5 closing off over the Delmarva that that low track should be that far offshore, nor should the precipitation shield be that far east-northeast of it" lmao

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalamb Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks to you guys, the husband went out yesterday and got gas for the generator, milk and ramen noodles. Today, while everyone else is getting the news that the snowpocalypse is coming and heads out to raid ShopRite, we're already stocked and ready to go.
lisalamb
lisalamb

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 am

frank its still good to have nam on board. it did really well with last storm with rgem.
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:41 am

NAM shows all out Blizzard between hrs 42 and 48............. WOW
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 am

tweet from steve d...."Well, NAM just shifted towards all the other models. You snow lovers are going to be in heaven this week"
he was so adamant that this storm wasn't going to happen. it fooled him big time
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dsix85 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 am

Amy Freeze dropped the "H" word regarding the storm

dsix85
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 am

Abc finally opened up. Amy said could end up being historic
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 am

lisalamb wrote:Thanks to you guys, the husband went out yesterday and got gas for the generator, milk and ramen noodles. Today, while everyone else is getting the news that the snowpocalypse is coming and heads out to raid ShopRite, we're already stocked and ready to go.

You're welcome

algae888 wrote:frank its still good to have nam on board. it did really well with last storm with rgem.

I suppose

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 am

amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:The NAM is the type of model you don't want to sleep with more than once.

lol! lol! lol!   Friggin' hilarious, Frank!!!!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made my day. I would be satisfied now with a foot of snow.make it 2 feet
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Artechmetals Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:56 am

Artechmetals
Artechmetals
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum