NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update #1: Can NJ Make Up For Blizzard Bust?

+34
Quietace
lglickman1
Artechmetals
Yschiff
gigs68
mako460
nutleyblizzard
algae888
SNOW MAN
Math23x7
billg315
RJB8525
CPcantmeasuresnow
carvin1079
NjWeatherGuy
pdubz
aiannone
jimv45
oldtimer
Dunnzoo
SoulSingMG
rb924119
Mac003
sroc4
jmanley32
essexcountypete
amugs
Scullybutcher
docstox12
Taffy
devsman
weatherwatchermom
skinsfan1177
Frank_Wx
38 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Update #1: Can NJ Make Up For Blizzard Bust? - Page 17 Empty Re: Update #1: Can NJ Make Up For Blizzard Bust?

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:24 am

This is a soundings type of storm. Really have to look at all the levels of the atmosphere and see if there is a warm wedge somewhere that could prevent precip. from falling as snow.

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Update #1: Can NJ Make Up For Blizzard Bust? - Page 17 Empty Re: Update #1: Can NJ Make Up For Blizzard Bust?

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 am

Joe Snow wrote:
LB3147 wrote:
NjWeatherGuy wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
NjWeatherGuy wrote:NAM goes thru CNJ everyone goes to rain after a couple inches of snow, would stay the course of a winter of disappointment after disappointment.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? DON'T LOOK AT THIS PUTID MODEL. LAST NIGHT IT DID NOT EVEN SHOW THE SNOW SQUALLS TODAY FOR THE AREA. 0 INCHES OF SNOW WHILE WE ALL GOT 1-3. THEN 8 HOURS BEFORE THE BLIZZARD SHOW 24-30 INCHES OF SNOW FOR NYC. THIS MODEL NEEDS TO BE DECOMMISSIONED OR ELSE MORE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUING TO GROW DUMBER BY THE DAY
Im not taking it verbatim at all, just using it for its trends. It has had its moments in the past. Like I said, more concerned by having moving N past 3 runs and looking similar to Ukie.

I guess all the forum rules and threats Frank made us read  dont apply to himself, degrading response IMO

He's just pointing out how poor the model is, really can't rely on it, it needs to be fixed. ie it sucks. Everyone AGAIN is model hugging, did we not learn from the last storm? We need to look at all the data available as well as the current conditions and the model guidance to be able to forecast correctly.............jUst because one model shows a trend to the North does not mean it will actually trend that way..........LOOK AT ALL THE DATA, before forming an opinion.

One model... Are you serious.... Try all of todays data across the board.

NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:47 am

NjWeatherGuy wrote:
Joe Snow wrote:
LB3147 wrote:
NjWeatherGuy wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
NjWeatherGuy wrote:NAM goes thru CNJ everyone goes to rain after a couple inches of snow, would stay the course of a winter of disappointment after disappointment.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? DON'T LOOK AT THIS PUTID MODEL. LAST NIGHT IT DID NOT EVEN SHOW THE SNOW SQUALLS TODAY FOR THE AREA. 0 INCHES OF SNOW WHILE WE ALL GOT 1-3. THEN 8 HOURS BEFORE THE BLIZZARD SHOW 24-30 INCHES OF SNOW FOR NYC. THIS MODEL NEEDS TO BE DECOMMISSIONED OR ELSE MORE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUING TO GROW DUMBER BY THE DAY
Im not taking it verbatim at all, just using it for its trends. It has had its moments in the past. Like I said, more concerned by having moving N past 3 runs and looking similar to Ukie.

I guess all the forum rules and threats Frank made us read  dont apply to himself, degrading response IMO

He's just pointing out how poor the model is, really can't rely on it, it needs to be fixed. ie it sucks. Everyone AGAIN is model hugging, did we not learn from the last storm? We need to look at all the data available as well as the current conditions and the model guidance to be able to forecast correctly.............jUst because one model shows a trend to the North does not mean it will actually trend that way..........LOOK AT ALL THE DATA, before forming an opinion.

One model... Are you serious.... Try all of todays data across the board.

That's not the point I was making..........

BTW what did the GGEM look like?
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum