March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 am

25.1, 87%, 29.27 R

Very light snow falling, cloudy.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by RJB8525 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

around 20*

Mt Holly actually put out a winter weather advisory until 8 for blinding blowing and drifting snows throughout the day possibly up to 2" new accumulation
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by amugs on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 am

RJB8525 wrote:around 20*

Mt Holly actually put out a winter weather advisory until 8 for blinding blowing and drifting snows throughout the day possibly up to 2" new accumulation

Wrap around snow showers - what was yuor total - that 50 mile shift west at 700mb did you wonders.

Next Wave could be a LI special if it redevelops as some models are indicating.

The drive to school this morning was terrible even with delayed - roads were a frickin mess, county to boot.

Snow is like a block of ice.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 8086
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 47
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 am

This is my favorite scenario after a 20 inch plus snowstorm, cloudy the next day, in the 20's, snow flurries or showers all day and a possibility for more a few days down the road.

26, 86%, 29.27 R

Light snow.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by RJB8525 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 am

amugs wrote:
RJB8525 wrote:around 20*

Mt Holly actually put out a winter weather advisory until 8 for blinding blowing and drifting snows throughout the day possibly up to 2" new accumulation

Wrap around snow showers - what was yuor total - that 50 mile shift west at 700mb did you wonders.

Next Wave could be a LI special if it redevelops as some models are indicating.

The drive to school this morning was terrible even with delayed - roads were a frickin mess, county to boot.

Snow is like a  block of ice.

around 18" at noon too much blowing and drifting in the afternoon for accurate readings

it seems accurate around me had 19" in several spots

very hard to move around now if you didn't clean yesterday, almost crystal like

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 am

docstox12 wrote:This is my favorite scenario after a 20 inch plus snowstorm, cloudy the next day, in the 20's, snow flurries or showers all day and a possibility for more a few days down the road.

26, 86%, 29.27 R

Light snow.

I couldn't agree anymore with this statement as this mornings light snow now borders on moderate.

March as it use to be and always should be.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:This is my favorite scenario after a 20 inch plus snowstorm, cloudy the next day, in the 20's, snow flurries or showers all day and a possibility for more a few days down the road.

26, 86%, 29.27 R

Light snow.

I couldn't agree anymore with this statement as this mornings light snow now borders on moderate.

March as it use to be and always should be.

CP, looks like we may have gotten an additional 1/8 inch ,or.12 down here.Anything up there on the ground from this light snow event?
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:39 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:This is my favorite scenario after a 20 inch plus snowstorm, cloudy the next day, in the 20's, snow flurries or showers all day and a possibility for more a few days down the road.

26, 86%, 29.27 R

Light snow.

I couldn't agree anymore with this statement as this mornings light snow now borders on moderate.

March as it use to be and always should be.

CP, looks like we may have gotten an additional 1/8 inch ,or.12 down here.Anything up there on the ground from this light snow event?

Another 0.4 Doc, was moderate there for a half hour, straight down from lake ontario, add it to the seasonal totals.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:54 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:This is my favorite scenario after a 20 inch plus snowstorm, cloudy the next day, in the 20's, snow flurries or showers all day and a possibility for more a few days down the road.

26, 86%, 29.27 R

Light snow.

I couldn't agree anymore with this statement as this mornings light snow now borders on moderate.

March as it use to be and always should be.

CP, looks like we may have gotten an additional 1/8 inch ,or.12 down here.Anything up there on the ground from this light snow event?

Another 0.4 Doc, was moderate there for a half hour, straight down from lake ontario, add it to the seasonal totals.

10-4 CP
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by Frank_Wx on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm

GFS is pretty warm Saturday


_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 19.0"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
avatar
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 16840
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 25
Location : Cranford, NJ

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by Frank_Wx on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:23 pm

I've gotten a couple nice squalls here in Hackettstown.


_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 19.0"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
avatar
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 16840
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 25
Location : Cranford, NJ

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by lglickman1 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:40 pm

flurries in midtown

lglickman1

Posts : 147
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : Riverdale, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by billg315 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Very cold with occasional snow flurries here.
avatar
billg315
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1212
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 pm

22.5 at 2pm on March 15th is one cold air mass.

I miss cold air masses.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by TheAresian on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm

22 degrees and it's snowing harder now that it did at any point yesterday. If it had done this all day yesterday, we probably would have come close to doubling our storm totals.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by frank 638 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 pm

23 *with scattered snow flurrieswhy we could not have this weather in Feb

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1200
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 33
Location : bronx ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm

frank 638 wrote:23 *with scattered snow flurrieswhy we could not have this weather in Feb  

Amen to that
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by weatherwatchermom on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm

23* Real feel 11* and a squall coming thru
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 53
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Another snow shower the last hour.They have been on and off all day.Very wintry feel to this day, 21 inches of new snow on the ground, temps in the 20's, blowing snow., no sun.Really feels like mid January.

Sharpen your ruler, CP, we may be adding to that .4 inch you totaled earlier today.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by RJB8525 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Hackettstown made NJ12 news for the snow and cleanup, i got excited lol

22* very blustery and blowing drifts
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by billg315 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:09 pm

23* with a pretty nice snow squall right now. Snow coming down good.
avatar
billg315
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1212
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by Dunnzoo on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:GFS is pretty warm Saturday


And NAM is colder, so who's right? geek

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      38.5"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3247
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 55
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by Radz on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:44 pm

As stated above, what a fantastic day after a snowstorm! Cold, windy, and scattered snow showers/squalls all day long. Got paid to play in the snow all day clearing snow, raking roofs, and shoveling. Had a blast and got a great workout at the same time! Nice 2 day break from the regular grind. In my glory! Currently 25° nice moderate snow shower and wind gusting to 24mph, hope the clipper brings us some love this weekend!
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 554
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:GFS is pretty warm Saturday


And NAM is colder, so who's right?  geek

I put my money on the King king king NAM.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by weatherwatchermom on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm

IT IS STILL SNOWING...CRAZY!! It is hard to see across the trees across the creek from my house...and winds currently nw 15mph
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 53
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2017 Observations & Discussions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum