NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 12 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:24 am

syosnow94 wrote:Billg.  Great thoughts. You are a genius. Let never answer in kind

First off if you'd like OTI inhabitants opinions on CP's proposal I say yes. I ALso second your thoughts about us becoming ave tolerant nation. I myself am intolerant and want OTI to be the same. You either love snow and cold or you are not welcome. TO that end I actually push for the deportation of Math and his warmiccist mindset. Regardless of how it came about we don't tolerate that behavior here. If the court so please I will treat the young man but it will be INTENSIVE

As far as relations with livestock........I plead the fifth

lol! lol! lol! lol!

You are freaking insane. As I said when I first recommended you for the position, to be a good Director of Mental Health you have to have been there and back, and in your case I'm suspecting many times.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 12 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 am

Now that Attorney General Billg has thoroughly reviewed CP's proposal for an OTI Constitutional Amendment, which has passed Parliamentary approval, the  procedural steps are being taken to ratify it.OTI has 12 sectors. and each sector, as per our Constitution and Attorney General Billg's legal examination, will now proceed to vote.If all 12 sectors of OTI approve of the Amendment, Parliament will proceed to add this to our Constitution.

If I may digress a moment to add my own opinion on Cp's erudite treatise, it would be my unease with Amendment II.As Director of the OTI Sanitarium, I feel that warmacism is a mental illness that can be cured with the proper psychological regimen.I fear the Sanitarium will have massive losses in revenue as warmacists who are seeking treatment will shun OTI as a result of being ostracized as per Amendment II.My own belief is that warmacists who visit OTI are exposed to the wonderful psychology of snowishness and with exposure to that and treatment at the Sanitarium, can leave OTI and become disciples of snow and cold.Denying them access to OTI would remove that possibility.Then there is the thorny issue of our own Director of Technology Math23X7.He was admitted and installed under the current OTI Constitution and even though he is exhibiting warmacist tendencies, would he be evicted and stripped of his title under Article II of the Amendment? Would he have a basis in the Mainland Court of Law to file a grievance and sue OTI?These concerns are merely my humble thoughts , whatever the Island decides sector by sector, I , as Director of Parliament will surely ratify into a Constitutional Amendment.

We at OTI must also realize that Emperor Frank would have the final say in this matter as the Emperor, as CP has wisely noted, can with the punch of a few keys on the keyboard , can eradicate OTI in an instant.We at OTI exist at the indulgence of Emperor Frank and must never forget that.His silence on this matter will be construed as approval.

I apologize on the delay of responding on this vital issue as I was on the Mainland assisting my beloved Mother, the Dutchess of Fort Lee.

I remain

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 am

Dear Director of Parliament,

Can you please address my other matter a few posts up please. I need clarity

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 am

syosnow94 wrote:Dear Director of Parliament,

Can you please address my other matter a few posts up please.  I need clarity

I understand your pleading the 5th lest you incinerate yourself!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

syosnow94 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:It's always special when royalty visits. Sroc thank you for allowing us to exist, as I know you and Frank could launch cyber missiles at anytime and blow OTI off the face of the cyber world.

Now can we put TheAresians bamboo problems behind us, poor choice of words, to the side for the moment so my amendments can at least be considered by Parliament and the legality by our chief justice.

Thank you Syos for your early support of my proposal. We may need you for a MCcarthy like investigation of all Warmists and Warmist sympathizers in OTI government.

You’re welcome. Does this mean you are ok with what I said earlier?  I’ll re-post it for you

I ask my OTI brethren.  Is this not an acceptable means of coating ones yard with snow.  A few have begun to challenge my snow measuring techniques.  Those who have questioned are just upset that a Southeaster has been winning the snow total battle many times these past few years, while some AARP Northwesterners Laughing have been sucking virga.  So what that I am intelligent and savvy enough to use this machine to “add” to the totals IMBY.  This is clever And resourceful on my part.
i

Doc not that post, this one

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am

syosnow94 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:It's always special when royalty visits. Sroc thank you for allowing us to exist, as I know you and Frank could launch cyber missiles at anytime and blow OTI off the face of the cyber world.

Now can we put TheAresians bamboo problems behind us, poor choice of words, to the side for the moment so my amendments can at least be considered by Parliament and the legality by our chief justice.

Thank you Syos for your early support of my proposal. We may need you for a MCcarthy like investigation of all Warmists and Warmist sympathizers in OTI government.

You’re welcome. Does this mean you are ok with what I said earlier?  I’ll re-post it for you

I ask my OTI brethren.  Is this not an acceptable means of coating ones yard with snow.  A few have begun to challenge my snow measuring techniques.  Those who have questioned are just upset that a Southeaster has been winning the snow total battle many times these past few years, while some AARP Northwesterners Laughing have been sucking virga.  So what that I am intelligent and savvy enough to use this machine to “add” to the totals IMBY.  This is clever And resourceful on my part.
i

Doc not that post, this one

lol! lol! lol!

My personal feeling is, Assistant Director, is that any snow is good snow.I approve of the method but you will have to live with the measurement consequences! Carry on my good man!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

To all member of parliament.  Just delivered now to the sanitarium for a bushel of coconuts and 30 minutes with farmer Jones’ daughters.  I will be dispensing a member of my staff with one of these who will be permanently stationed in a trailer on CP’s property beginning the first week of February.  This should coincide nicely with our return to winter. I’m always looking to “help out” my elders. 

Fast forward to the 4 minute mark. I love the background music Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 am

Gentleman,

It is with no small sense of relief that I can announce my return from captivity. I suspect Farmer Jones is suffering from some sort of dementia as he would increase his tortures screaming at me to stop visiting his daughters even though I was bound and unable to do so. I happily announce my return to the lounge and to my duties as a member of the esteemed body that is our parliament.

Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:12 pm

I submit as evidence the following post from Math

Math23x7 wrote:
.....in the meantime, hr 240 of the 12Z EURO has 500 mb heights exceeding 576 dm across the tri-state area and exceeding 582 dm in the Hampton, such heights being more typical of a summertime airmass:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf®️ion=eus&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2018012212&fh=240

As per CP’s post I think we need to deal with Mikey. He’s become a threat to our beloved island civilization. He’s severely infected with warmiccism and it is in my opinion incurable. Time to deal harshly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm

How harshly are we talking? Super therapy at the sanitarium or more like termination with extreme prejudice?

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 am

syosnow94 wrote:I submit as evidence the following post from Math

Math23x7 wrote:
.....in the meantime, hr 240 of the 12Z EURO has 500 mb heights exceeding 576 dm across the tri-state area and exceeding 582 dm in the Hampton, such heights being more typical of a summertime airmass:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf®️ion=eus&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2018012212&fh=240

As per CP’s post I think we need to deal with Mikey.  He’s become a threat to our beloved island civilization.  He’s severely infected with warmiccism and it is in my opinion incurable.  Time to deal harshly.

Most disturbing and a cause for concern!To have a Director of Technology running our Island with these Warmacist biases is indeed a situation of dire consequences.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 am

docstox12 wrote:

Math23x7 wrote:

As per CP’s post I think we need to deal with Mikey.  He’s become a threat to our beloved island civilization.  He’s severely infected with warmiccism and it is in my opinion incurable.  Time to deal harshly.

Most disturbing and a cause for concern!To have a Director of Technology running our Island with these Warmacist biases is indeed a situation of dire consequences.

I think its time to have a fair and just trial for him to find out who this Math guy really is or if he has been kidnapped and someone else is posing as him to destroy his good name.  

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 am

BILL G. ITS A CALL TO ACTION. WE NEED YOU ON THIS ONE. Scott great video. I think Math weighs more than a duck though!

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm

sroc4 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Math23x7 wrote:

I think its time to have a fair and just trial for him to find out who this Math guy really is or if he has been kidnapped and someone else is posing as him to destroy his good name.  

lol! lol! lol!

What better way to make a point than with a Monty Python video, excellent.

Director of Parliament we need to vote on the three amendments I proposed two pages ago. We either ratify them as is, or I believe there will be Civil War on OTI again. My Italian half is already stockpiling sticks and sand while my Ukrainian half gathers the heaviest palm leaves I can find. It won't be pretty if it begins, God knows where it ends.

I know Warmacists are people to, but they are evil people. They must be considered an enemy combatant the same as the lunatic fringe of Icelam.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 pm

syosnow94 wrote:BILL G. ITS A CALL TO ACTION.  WE NEED YOU ON THIS ONE.  Scott great video.  I think Math weighs more than a duck though!

I probably do weigh more than a duck but not by much.  I am 5'10" and weigh 125 pounds.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm

syosnow94 wrote:BILL G. ITS A CALL TO ACTION.  WE NEED YOU ON THIS ONE.  Scott great video.  I think Math weighs more than a duck though!

The Court is reviewing this matter presently. Evidence is under review. Mike, you may present testimony to the court if you wish.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

People of OTI vs Math23x7, aka, Mikey
Docket 2018-001
Charges: Torchmongering; Promotion of Warmstitution; Distribution of Warmth
Court Findings:
A thorough review of Mike's various posts over the past few months has been conducted by this Court. It is important to note that there is a line that must be drawn between promoting, or hoping for warm weather -- and simply predicting that it is likely to happen, with a sense of disappointment.
It is an unacceptable crime to hope for it to be warm, or to pray for warmth, or to wish away snow and cold. But it is simply the nature of our business on this site to state our well informed meteorological beliefs as to what will happen with the weather in the coming days, weeks, months -- even if we don't like it.
An example would be my own resistance (justified again last week) to ever believing that Clipper systems can intensify enough to bring significant (4" or more) snow to my area of New Jersey. It just never happens (or very rarely). When I state such, it is not because I am not HOPING for significant snow, its just me being realistic from my experience about what is likely to happen.
With these principles in mind the court notes the following:
Math began posting about snow chances in December in relation to possible storms around Christmas to New Years. He expressed disappointment initially that the storms may miss him because he would be in Montreal where he would be subject to "suppression depression" followed by angry emojis.
He then expressed disappointment that some models showed it might be near 50 degrees on Christmas which he bemoaned as a recent trend of warm Christmas Days.
At 9:10 p.m. on Christmas Eve he posted the following: "SNOWING IN BELLEROSE!!!!!!!!" The important thing to note in that post are a large number of exclamation points -- a sure sign of pure excitement at the sight of snow.
The day after Xmas he posted the following: "What we may do for travel purposes is leave Montreal Friday night instead of Saturday morning and spend the night in Plattsburgh. Maybe by doing this, I can get in on part of the snow." A man who is thinking about changes in travel plans to get a shot to enjoy snow in a remote location -- seems of sound mind.
On New Years Eve he posted a proposed "Song of the Day" in the non-weather banter thread of Simon and Garfunkel's "I am a Rock" specifically citing -- apparently wistfully -- to its reference to "On a freshly fallen, silent shroud of snow."
On Jan. 1 when people were concerned about models showing the Jan 4 storm just a tad too far offshore for big snow, Mike said that if things go as they did in December, he expected models to correct north and west (thus meaning more snow). This was both hopeful -- and it turned out, accurate.
On Jan. 2 he posted a prior threat from Emperor Frank to shut the site down if we didn't get a 6" plus storm by Jan. 4. He said, "Let's hope at least some areas see at least 6" of snow from this." His wish was granted (and Emperor Frank's wisdom was once again confirmed) as most areas actually did get 6" or more from that storm.
Of his own volition on Jan 4 he went to Central Park to do his own snow measurement to ensure that Central Park would NOT undercount snow without being held accountable! This is the act of a true snow weenie!
Thus, pretty much from December through mid-January, there was no evidence whatsoever of Math being a warmicist, or in anyway not hoping for snow and cold.
It appears the problem, and the basis for the charges began around Jan. 12 when he first noted that, "Starting late next week, a west coast trough looks to make its presence which is bad news for snow lovers in the east. Not only that, the ensembles and EURO weeklies have this aforementioned trough lasting for weeks. If we don't get snow next week, it may be a while before we get another shot. Perhaps in late February the ridge out west returns to put us back in the snow chances."
It should be noted that since that post we had a minor snow event on Wed. Jan. 17 (just before "late next week").
On Jan. 17 he posted "We have had some decent snow events the past month and a half. Unfortunately, it appears that will be without another decent snow event for weeks, perhaps longer. That's not pessimism, that's reality." Note his use of "Unfortunately" meaning this is not his hope, but his realistic assessment of what was to come.
This post it should be noted was followed by a dramatic Spring-like warmup and some rain. it was so warm this Tuesday that my co-worker actually tried to order a milkshake and I ordered an ICED latte on Tuesday. Now I look at the forecast and see temps in the 50s this weekend, erratic temps ranging from the upper 30s to low 50s for the next week, and talk on the Long Range board of the pattern not changing until around Feb. 4.
In short, his posts about coming warmth and us being without snow for weeks back on Jan. 17, have largely panned out as out next best shot at snow appears to be 2-3 weeks after that post.
On Jan. 22 he posted in the Storm archives about the blizzard of Jan. 2016 and how much he enjoyed it.
He on that same day posted that he believes we may get another shot at significant snow by President's Day. While that is a little pessimistic, given that he was right about the warm-up of this current two-week period, I can't rule him out.
Therefore, based on all of this evidence this Court reaches the following conclusion:
Math23x7, aka, Mike, is NOT GUILTY of Torchmongering, Promotion of Warmstitution, or Distributing Warmth. He has never expressed a desire for warmth or lack of snow, has often bemoaned those things, and has shown due excitement when we have had snow. His most recent comments appear to be a more realistic assessment of where we are rather than a desire for the January thaw we are experiencing. Since accurate weather predictions -- even those we don't like -- are to be encouraged, not punished, I am hard pressed to convict him to those offenses.
However, I do note that his posting about this warm state of affairs, is having the effect of agitating some snow weenies and depressing others. Perhaps he could show more sensitivity to the fragile psyche of those of us on this site who are snow weenies and like to remain optimistic in the face of sometimes depressing forecasts.
Therefore, while this Court exonerates Mike of any criminal consequences, we recommend that he be committed briefly to the care of the OTI Sanitarium and Dr. Syos, for "SST" therapy. Snow Sensitivity Training (SST) could benefit Mike so that when he posts he keeps in mind how his posts affect those who literally live and die with each snow forecast, and so that he will be a little more reluctant to hit the "Send" button when it involves predictions of prolonged warmth and snowlessness.
These Charges are Hereby DISMISSED and Math23x7, aka, Mike, is referred to the care of Syos for appropriate therapy.
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor

billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Absolutely Brilliant Bill.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Thumbs up

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Your honor has spoken. Once again great Job Bill. Now it’s my turn. Don’t worry Mikey these guys have nothing on me muhahahahha

Just a preview of what you’re in for. When I’m done with you you’ll be the biggest snow weenie this island has ever seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:31 am

I'll have the lounge send over a gift basket for Math to help his time at the sanitarium seem more like ordinary days. Also, the highest of praises to our court system for their wisdom in adjudicating this matter. Our honorable Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor did an outstanding job with a thorough yet concise explanation of the facts and his judgement.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:29 pm

OTI PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE DELCARATION

As of 1:25 pm OTI Standard Time, Parliament hereby passes the Constitutional Amendment submitted by our Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler CP.We have added a caviat that any OTI resident or Official exhibiting any signs of warmist tendency shall be sent to the OTI Sanitarium for reconditioning.Parliament takes this action after certification by Attorney General Billg.

Passed this day, January25 Anno Domani 2018

Docstox
Director of Parliament
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

A public service announcement from the OTI Sanitarium:

ATTENTION ALL MAINLAND WINTER LOVERS:::

The OTI Sanitarium is opening it's doors to all those affected by Slopophobia, the intense disliking of the sound of ice pellets being driven against one's windowpanes by high winds, seeing a front end snow cover obliterated by sleet and freezing rain,and the intense desire to throw one's computer monitor out the window when pink shades fill one's local radar.Videos of sleet storms will be shown so primal scream therapy can be used.Large rubber models of sleet pellets will be hung from the ceiling for those affected to bash repeatedly with baseball bats.Seminars directed by Dr. I.C.Pellet in the following subjects:

1-"Coping with slop storms in a non productive snowfall winter"
2-"Redirecting the urge to kick the dog or scream at the wife when snow changing to sleet and freezing rain forecasts appear"
3-"The use of headphones to drown out the sound of sleet against your windows"
4-"Self medication in the age of Sleet"

Please direct all inquiries for therapy to myself at the Sanitarium.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 pm

I definitely need this therapy session. I cannot get excited by the prospect of three hours of snow totaling an inch or two followed by sleet and then a drenching afternoon rain. And frankly, looking at the ten-day I don’t see a lot to excite me with just a small chance of some snow 2/14 or 15, which more likely is rain. I hope the end of the month comes through.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm

billg315 wrote:I definitely need this therapy session. I cannot get excited by the prospect of three hours of snow totaling an inch or two followed by sleet and then a drenching afternoon rain. And frankly, looking at the ten-day I don’t see a lot to excite me with just a small chance of some snow 2/14 or 15, which more likely is rain. I hope the end of the month comes through.

I’ll take sleet at this point. Things are getting bad in my head now. HELP!

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 pm

docstox12 wrote:A public service announcement from the OTI Sanitarium:

ATTENTION ALL MAINLAND WINTER LOVERS:::

The OTI Sanitarium is opening it's doors to all those affected by Slopophobia, the intense disliking of the sound of ice pellets being driven against one's windowpanes by high winds, seeing a front end snow cover obliterated by sleet and freezing rain,and the intense desire to throw one's computer monitor out the window when pink shades fill one's local radar.Videos of sleet storms will be shown so primal scream therapy can be used.Large rubber models of sleet pellets will be hung from the ceiling for those affected to bash repeatedly with baseball bats.Seminars directed by Dr. I.C.Pellet in the following subjects:

1-"Coping with slop storms in a non productive snowfall winter"
2-"Redirecting the urge to kick the dog or scream at the wife when snow changing to sleet and freezing rain forecasts appear"
3-"The use of headphones to drown out the sound of sleet against your windows"
4-"Self medication in the age of Sleet"

Please direct all inquiries for therapy to myself at the Sanitarium.

Docstox
Director of Parliament

lol! lol! I'm in.

Somethings gotta give, I think we're all near the breaking point. Today was just a hard smack upside the head,  and the ten day aint helping.

Director of the Treasury
GHEMR
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 am

I should be okay until the weekend. I was given a temporary reprieve from the onset as the sole person spared the latest outbreak, but I suspect it's only a matter of time before it gets me too. Between now and then, I think I'll pay a neighborly type visit to the Jones farmhouse and check on.... umm... things. Yeah, that's it, things.

Director of the Coconut Lounge
Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum