NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:02 pm

As part of the OTI Sanitarium, which has been overflowling lately with discouraged snow lovers from the Mainland, conversion therapy from Winter to Non Winter begins with all of them viewing this film to reach total despair and frustration, which allows the individual to be receptive to non-winter conversion therapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdmjbYMPz0

Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium in charge also of Winter-Non-Winter Conversion Therapy

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:42 pm

I’m here for eternity. Yes even after I die this is where I will reside. It’s a kind of purgatory for people who lived good lives, but were whining crybabies when it came to not getting their way November 25 through April 1.

In what has become the most worthless Wall season I’ve ever endured I put no hope in Wing. Even if Wing somehow produced snow and cold in its late stages what is the point? What use to be termed Winter has already been ruined.

The two best months of what use to be Winter are December and January. Lowest sun angles, Holidays and all that, this has been the worst in memory. A snowy Wing, which by the way won’t happen this year, but if it did is too little to late.

Hello OTI and hello sanity. I’ve had enough delayed pattern changes for the rest of whatever life I have left.

Pattern change is the dirtiest, filthiest, term in the English language. Stratospheric warming is the second filthiest.

Ahhhhhh the ocean breeze. Who needs Winter, Wall, Wing, snow, cold, it’s all a waste of time.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:17 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I’m here for eternity. Yes even after I die this is where I will reside. It’s a kind of purgatory for people who lived good lives, but were whining crybabies when it came to not getting their way November 25 through April 1.

In what has become the most worthless Wall season I’ve ever endured I put no hope in Wing. Even if Wing somehow produced snow and cold in its late stages what is the point? What use to be termed Winter has already been ruined.

The two best months of what use to be Winter are December and January. Lowest sun angles, Holidays and all that, this has been the worst in memory. A snowy Wing, which by the way won’t happen this year, but if it did is too little to late.

Hello OTI and hello sanity. I’ve had enough delayed pattern changes for the rest of whatever life I have left.

Pattern change is the dirtiest, filthiest, term in the English language. Stratospheric warming is the second filthiest.

Ahhhhhh the ocean breeze. Who needs Winter, Wall, Wing, snow, cold, it’s all a waste of time.

lol! lol! lol!

Good Director, the best thing this Wall was the re-opening of OTI thanks to the extremely complex and difficult scientific research of billg ,which resulted in using Dawn dish detergent to ameliorate the dangerous effects of radiation.Think of having to bear this horrible Wall to Wing period without OTI.Like a nicotine addict who runs out of smokes.
As Director of the OTI Sanitarium, I sense you need some therapy to eliminate the effects of the false hope all that Mainland Model Mumbojumbo gave you ,only to be denied in the cruelest of fashion.
Observe the installation at the Sanitarium by my crew, of the new Hyperbaric Healing Chamber.Normally, these are used for wound healing, but you, myself and many Mainland snowaholics ,who are suffering immensely, have wounded psyches due to the lack of snow.A few days in here and then a rousing night of music and song at the Coconut Lounge, turns this around 180 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irn_UX6dGIQ

Keep this as the new mantra:

"Snowlessness is PEACE..."
"Snowlessness is PEACE..."

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of Hyperbaricology
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:06 am

Amazing how quickly your crew got the hyperbaric Chamber up and running. Book me for noon today after I spend the morning cleaning up the imaginary 3 to 5 inches of snow I didn’t receive on the mainland.

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

Blood pressure already down to 125 over 75.

I will be changing my name soon to Wintersnowandcoldareamyth, yes it’s a little longer but why should I retain a name about the idiots in Central Park that can’t measure snow when there’s nothing to measure. Seems pointless.

Wintersnowandcoldareamyth
Director of the Treasury
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Temporary Directory of official name changes
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Amazing how quickly your crew got the hyperbaric Chamber up and running. Book me for noon today after I spend the morning cleaning up the imaginary 3 to 5 inches of snow I didn’t receive on the mainland.

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

Blood pressure already down to 125 over 75.

I will be changing my name soon to Wintersnowandcoldareamyth, yes it’s a little longer but why should I retain a name about the idiots in Central Park that can’t measure snow when there’s nothing to measure. Seems pointless.

Director of the Treasury
Temporary Directory of official name changes

PROCLAMATION:
"Let it be known this day, January 26, Anno Domani 2023, that CPcantmeasuresnow has changed his name to Wintersnowandcoldareamyth.".
So accepted by the records department at the Parliament Building.

This makes good sense as Central Park on the Mainland will never record snow again.
We as high ranking muckety mucks of OTI do not need appointments ,just come over good man, and they will get you into the chamber.Anybody gives you static, call me on the OTI Hotline phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0uPpv5QIo8

You are on your way to peace of mind!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:07 pm

Nature abhors a vacuum. Thus I am here to solicit the running of the coconut lounge. I shall endeavor to make drinks, provide entertainment, and post smartly.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:19 am

dkodgis wrote:Nature abhors a vacuum. Thus I am here to solicit the running of the coconut lounge. I shall endeavor to make drinks, provide entertainment, and post smartly.

Welcome aboard ,Damian, and thank you for your help in running the coconut lounge.CP and I will be in later today to join you for a round of celebratory drinks!After we are all well 'lubricated" CP will recite his latest poems vis a vis Wall and Wing!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:27 am

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 Giphy

Good morning to you all.  I come to you with this glass of water.  This glass is neither half empty, NOR Half full.  This glass is merely a glass of water.   I offer it to you good people in hopes that you may help guide me on my journey to, at the very least, begin to regain some semblance of sanity. I wish I had more to offer you, but this is all that survived the journey off the mainland.  

The mainland has become a place that I don't quite understand anymore.  For some reason definitions and meanings of words and things have been up ended.  What I used to think were clear and straight forward have been changed by some unknown forces in the universe completely.  Heck even new meanings to existing words have been introduced.  Male is a female and A female is a male, up is down and down is up, Wall is winter and winter is WING!!!  I just down understand what it all means anymore.  

Anyway I began my journey awhile ago.  To begin with I had no particular direction in mind.  When I was a kid and I didnt know where we were headed I would ask my dad "How do you know where you are going?"  His response was always...."I'm just following my nose kid.  When in doubt follow your nose.  It will always get you to where need to be."  

In my state of confusion I decided to take my dads advise, and began to follow my nose.  It took me to the shores of the mainland.   I just kept going.    

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.buzzfeed.com%2Fbuzzfeed-static%2Fstatic%2F2015-03%2F9%2F16%2Fenhanced%2Fwebdr02%2Fanigif_enhanced-7152-1425933412-2

It was a long journey with sleepless night floating aimlessly

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FdOCG720yNqAms%2Fgiphy

There were others along the way

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2Fd3q63yuCqT4AAAAC%2Fsummer-floating

But finally, as I was drifting along on the southern blow, I found myself washed ashore here this morning.  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FYpqupCqyGdFljbr1Ow%2Fgiphy

(Apparently this camera was using a filter making me look 30 years younger and gave me the appearance that I am a youthful Asian man.  As you can clearly see I am a middle aged Italian American man with a hint of Irish, weathered and worn from years of parenthood, business ownership, and a snowless winter, or wall, or wing, or whatever IT IS!!! on the cusp of what I think people on the mainland call a mid-life crisis).  

At first I wasn't sure where I was.  It first appeared as if this was just another one of the many uninhabited islands I had landed on on my journey.  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxUOxeS6kx9ZUck6F1e%2F200.gif%3Fcid%3D790b7611ykxkl3lg68xbzotwv6pr8wrkuomavjzsozojf8gs%26rid%3D200

But a strange thing happened....  While I was setting up camp; ready to rest these middle aged bones for the day as I had done in the past, I looked up only to find this fine gentleman walking by my camp.  I wasn't sure if this gentleman was a hallucination from lack of food and water or not.  With my jaw dropped, I starred at him bewildered.  Then, without breaking stride, he turned to me and and simply said..."Sup?"  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F37e91a5b7b9614765587e0ecf407ea83%2Ftenor

I still wasn't sure if I was hallucinating; however, I somehow without realizing it found myself following behind him as if caught up in an imaginary wake being pulled along by an unknown force.  Was I dreaming or was thisreally happening?  I'm still not sure.

On what was probably no more than a 10minute walk, although it felt like an eternity,  this man spoke of this Island as a kind of a refuge of sorts.  I had not eaten much and was quite parched because I was saving my last bit of water as a peace offering to any possible restless natives I came across on my journey, so the details of what this man had been telling me on this ten minute walk were fuzzy.  I believe I heard him speaking of a massive explosion of nuclear proportions followed by massive amounts of radiation, and evacuations.  In addition I believe this man spoke of a large shipments of Dawn dish soap, coconuts, gold, and Vitamin D.   It really made no sense to me as I was trying to  process this conversation.  In my mind I was clearly hallucinating, but I figured if this was the end then I might as well just lean into it and enjoy my final ride.  

But something strange happened.  I began looking around me and something felt familiar; like I had been here before.  As I walked up it hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!  I was on OTI and this was "THE" Coconut Lounge!!!!!  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3oEdv1SHxbsynDTUQM%2Fgiphy

In front of me are several angry birds who aren't looking so angry.  From the moment it dawned on me where I was, a sense of calm has washed over me.  

I'm not sure how I have much more I really have to say, and I'm not really sure how long I can stay, but once again I say Hello and good morning.  I bring to you this glass of water, neither half empty NOR half full as an offering in hopes of at least a temporary seat at the lounge.  And if its not too much trouble I would really love a Hendricks/Tonic with a healthy squeeze of fresh lemons.  Other than the glass of water, I don't have anything but the clothes on my back and my undeniable work ethic.  I have no problems working hard to earn my keep while I am here, so please put me to work where you see fit.

Last edited by sroc4 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:17 pm

EMERGENCY ORDER
The OTI Judiciary issues the following emergency order in the wake of the unprecedented "Year without a Winter" on the Mainland.
Whereas, an unprecedented "Year without a Winter" is occurring on the Mainland; and
Whereas, this in simple terms means, simply this winter has been largely snowless for most; and
Whereas, our long-range experts seem increasingly skeptical of any long-range pattern change that would produce any sustained periods of cold and snowy weather before March; and
Whereas, most members of this board are known to suffer various bouts of depression, anger, and insanity as a result of even minor stretches of warm or snow-less weather in the winter months, let alone almost an entire winter of such nonsense; and
Whereas, the possibility exists for a mass migration of winterless refugees from the Mainland; and
Whereas, this is an island with limited resources (coconuts and alcohol and radiation are among the only two or three I've heard mentioned) and limited huts/space; and
Whereas, the leadership of the island may need to take steps to prepare for this mass influx;
It is hereby Ordered as follows:
1. The Parliament may raise the debt limit to fund the construction of any additional housing structures that may be needed, any detention and processing facilities that may be needed, as well as to increase the budget of OTI Customs and Port Enforcement for the purposes of an orderly, secure, but welcoming, entry-process.
2. The Parliament can implement any necessary immigration and customs policies to control and facilitate the mass influx of Mainlanders without the usual rules and regulations of such things, however this temporary power will expire on April 1, 2023.
3. Anyone coming from a designated "snow-less" zone (defined as an area of the Mainland where snowfall this winter is at least 75 percent below normal) will be given priority status for the entry process. That means, in laymen's terms, they can go through an express line at the Port and Customs office.
4. The Salary of the Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor is increased by 10 percent due to the added workload, and a new bridge to his house is to be constructed to be funded from a new entry fee to be paid by any newcomers from the Mainland.
Additional Orders may be forthcoming as need.
Signed
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

sroc4, docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:01 pm

sroc4 wrote:OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 Giphy

Good morning to you all.  I come to you with this glass of water.  This glass is neither half empty, NOR Half full.  This glass is merely a glass of water.   I offer it to you good people in hopes that you may help guide me on my journey to, at the very least, begin to regain some semblance of sanity. I wish I had more to offer you, but this is all that survived the journey off the mainland.  

The mainland has become a place that I don't quite understand anymore.  For some reason definitions and meanings of words and things have been up ended.  What I used to think were clear and straight forward have been changed by some unknown forces in the universe completely.  Heck even new meanings to existing words have been introduced.  Male is a female and A female is a male, up is down and down is up, Wall is winter and winter is WING!!!  I just down understand what it all means anymore.  

Anyway I began my journey awhile ago.  To begin with I had no particular direction in mind.  When I was a kid and I didnt know where we were headed I would ask my dad "How do you know where you are going?"  His response was always...."I'm just following my nose kid.  When in doubt follow your nose.  It will always get you to where need to be."  

In my state of confusion I decided to take my dads advise, and began to follow my nose.  It took me to the shores of the mainland.   I just kept going.    

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.buzzfeed.com%2Fbuzzfeed-static%2Fstatic%2F2015-03%2F9%2F16%2Fenhanced%2Fwebdr02%2Fanigif_enhanced-7152-1425933412-2

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FdOCG720yNqAms%2Fgiphy

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2Fd3q63yuCqT4AAAAC%2Fsummer-floating

But finally, as I was drifting along on the southern blow, I found myself washed ashore here this morning.  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FYpqupCqyGdFljbr1Ow%2Fgiphy

(Apparently this camera was using a filter making me look 30 years younger and gave me the appearance that I am a youthful Asian man.  As you can clearly see I am a middle aged Italian American man with a hint of Irish, weathered and worn from years of parenthood, business ownership, and a snowless winter, or wall, or wing, or whatever IT IS!!! on the cusp of what I think people on the mainland call a mid-life crisis).  

At first I wasn't sure where I was.  It first appeared as if this was just another one of the many uninhabited islands I had landed on on my journey.  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxUOxeS6kx9ZUck6F1e%2F200.gif%3Fcid%3D790b7611ykxkl3lg68xbzotwv6pr8wrkuomavjzsozojf8gs%26rid%3D200

But a strange thing happened....  While I was setting up camp; ready to rest these middle aged bones for the day as I had done in the past, I looked up only to find this fine gentleman walking by my camp.  I wasn't sure if this gentleman was a hallucination from lack of food and water or not.  With my jaw dropped, I starred at him bewildered.  Then, without breaking stride, he turned to me and and simply said..."Sup?"  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F37e91a5b7b9614765587e0ecf407ea83%2Ftenor

I still wasn't sure if I was hallucinating; however, I somehow without realizing it found myself following behind him as if caught up in an imaginary wake being pulled along by an unknown force.  Was I dreaming or was thisreally happening?  I'm still not sure.

On what was probably no more than a 10minute walk, although it felt like an eternity,  this man spoke of this Island as a kind of a refuge of sorts.  I had not eaten much and was quite parched because I was saving my last bit of water as a peace offering to any possible restless natives I came across on my journey, so the details of what this man had been telling me on this ten minute walk were fuzzy.  I believe I heard him speaking of a massive explosion of nuclear proportions followed by massive amounts of radiation, and evacuations.  In addition I believe this man spoke of a large shipments of Dawn dish soap, coconuts, gold, and Vitamin D.   It really made no sense to me as I was trying to  process this conversation.  In my mind I was clearly hallucinating, but I figured if this was the end then I might as well just lean into it and enjoy my final ride.  

But something strange happened.  I began looking around me and something felt familiar; like I had been here before.  As I walked up it hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!  I was on OTI and this was "THE" Coconut Lounge!!!!!  

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3oEdv1SHxbsynDTUQM%2Fgiphy

In front of me are several angry birds who aren't looking so angry.  From the moment it dawned on me where I was, a sense of calm washed over me.  

I'm not sure how I have much more I really have to say, and I'm not really sure how long I can stay, but once again I say Hello and good morning.  I bring to you this glass of water, neither half empty NOR half full as an offering in hopes of at least a temporary seat at the lounge.  And if its not too much trouble I would really love a Hendricks/Tonic with a healthy squeeze of fresh lemons.  Other than the glass of water, I don't have anything but the clothes on my back and my undeniable work ethic.  I have no problems working hard to earn my keep while I am here, so please put me to work where you see fit.

Fantastic to the tenth power.

I am appointing myself the Director of the newly created OTI Hall of fame and I am nominating this post as the first to be included. I nominate it for content, cinematography, pace of action. It should actually be nominated for an Academy award and not the Hall of Fame.

Of course this is subject to a 3/4 vote of all members that carry or have carried in the past official titles here. I will probably read this post a half dozen times today. It will help pass the time until April‘s pattern change to cold and snowy.

I sign off with my new official name designated yesterday and agreed to by the parliament.

Certainly Billg post after this one is Hall worthy too.

Wintercoldandsnowareamyth
formerly CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the treasury
Grand high exalted mystic ruler
Director of the Hall of Fame
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:35 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 24 Giphy

In front of me are several angry birds who aren't looking so angry.  From the moment it dawned on me where I was, a sense of calm washed over me.  

Fantastic to the tenth power.

I am appointing myself the Director of the newly created OTI Hall of fame and I am nominating this post as the first to be included. I nominate it for content, cinematography, pace of action. It should actually be nominated for an Academy award and not the Hall of Fame.

Of course this is subject to a 3/4 vote of all members that carry or have carried in the past official titles here. I will probably read this post a half dozen times today. It will help pass the time until April‘s pattern change to cold and snowy.

I sign off with my new official name designated yesterday and agreed to by the parliament.

Certainly Billg post after this one is Hall worthy too.

Wintercoldandsnowareamyth
formerly CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the treasury
Grand high exalted mystic ruler
Director of the Hall of Fame

Wintercoldandsnowareamyth formerly known CPcantmeasuresnow I appreciate the accolades. Back on the mainland I knew a guy once named "Ochocinco" formerly known as "Chad Johnson", as well as a guy named "Formerly Know as Prince" who was formerly known as... "Prince". I digress.

Putting the post in a Hall of Fame of sorts would be a truly high honor, but not necessary as I am a mere humble man and do not post for accolades. The one thing I respectfully ask though would be to not put this post up for an Academy award. Back on the mainland the Academy has been over run by a bunch of phony actors and actresses who, instead of keeping to what they do best, acting, have decided that because they seem to be in some sort of lime light, they think their opinions mean more than the rest of ours. The content of the opinions is really not the issue, but rather, its the narrow mindedness and lack of respect for others opinions that bothers me. Anyway I would prefer not to be a part of that. And that is all I will say about that.

I humbly raise my Hendricks and Tonic to the sky and appreciate your kind words good sir.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:28 am

As I observe the occurrences of the past 24 hours, I am left in an extremely rare state of speechlessness at the legendary postings of DocofthemainlandformerlynowpartofOTIviathenewlycreatedHallofFame.Agree 100% of Treasury Director Wintercoldandsnowareamyth,formerlyCPcantmeasuresnow as to the creation of the OTI Hall of Fame and Doc's election to the very first award given for that magnificent post.Surely I will be re reading and re visiting that.
Our Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor has been hard at work at Emergency Orders which are all spot on and I,Docstox,Director Of Parliament, assures him they will all be rubber stamped forthwith.Since our currency system is coconut/banana based and OTI's reserve currency is based on it, we have the ability to "create" more currency for port improvement and mental health issues,perhaps adding a new wing to the OTI Sanitarium.
Good Doctor, enjoy that Hendricks and Tonic at the Coconut Lounge, Damian is on duty there 24/7.We all will get together there for a celebration of your election to the OTI Hall Of fame and WCASAAM (formerly CP) incredible poetry as inspired by the snow drought on the Mainland.
As we enter our tenth year of existence at the indulgence of Emperor Frank, I want to thank all of you fine Gentlemen for the contributions you have all made and to OTI itself for resurrecting itself from a radiation wasteland to it's current impressive state.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:17 am

After spending a week in Florida, this snow weenie is on her way. I made a pit stop at the Mainland to take care of a few things, and I would like to provide my EMT services for the island. My island name is Meddie, and I will be available for any illness or conk on the head by a coconut. Please let me know if I need to order any medical supplies, or if you are already stocked. Save me a place at the Coconut lounge!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

sroc4 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:52 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:After spending a week in Florida, this snow weenie is on her way. I made a pit stop at the Mainland to take care of a few things, and I would like to provide my EMT services for the island. My island name is Meddie, and I will be available for any illness or conk on the head by a coconut. Please let me know if I need to order any medical supplies, or if you are already stocked. Save me a place at the Coconut lounge!

And you shall be the “Director of EMT”
So let it be written, so let it be done.
Thank you Meddie for your service.

Within 30 days of your directorship you must pass the OTI citizenship quiz. Please start by memorizing the OTI pledge of allegiance.

“I pledge allegiance to OTI
Of the Off Topic Island Republic
And to the Aresian and Taffy too
And other residents that come and go
One nation under Docstox
Indivisible except by CP
With Snowman and Billg for all”

Formerly CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
Temporary Director of the OTI Hall of Fame
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Dunnzoo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:24 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:After spending a week in Florida, this snow weenie is on her way. I made a pit stop at the Mainland to take care of a few things, and I would like to provide my EMT services for the island. My island name is Meddie, and I will be available for any illness or conk on the head by a coconut. Please let me know if I need to order any medical supplies, or if you are already stocked. Save me a place at the Coconut lounge!

PROCLOMATION
By executive order from the Director of Parliament, herewith on this 29th day of January ,Anno Domani 2023, Janet aka Dunnzoo is appointed Director of EMT of OTI.This illustrious day on OTI is in direct contrast to the "day of infamy" of NYC at CPK for the longest stretch of not recieving any snow.If there ever was a reason to join our rapidly expanding and talented group, this is it.

Meddie will have a direct line to me at Parliament and The Director of the Treasury to expedite funds needed for setting up the facility and EMT vehicles powered by coconut juice to transport any overzealous patrons from the Coconut Lounge who may have imbibed a bit much.
This week on OTI has been the most stellar in it's 10 year history as we formulate our next five year plan.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow, Dunnzoo and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:37 am

THE OTI PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Updated January 30, 2023

I pledge allegiance to OTI
And to Dunzoo and Damian too
And Sroc and Directors that come and go
One nation under Docstox
Indivisible except by CP
With Math23x7 and Billg for all

All citizens and government employees. Please refer to page 1 post 1 on the Government and Pledge thread for updated positions and pending government posts.

Thank you
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:50 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:THE OTI PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Updated January 30, 2023

One nation under Docstox
Indivisible except by CP

All citizens and government employees. Please refer to page 1 post 1 on the Government and Pledge thread for updated positions and pending government posts.

Thank you
Director of the Treasury

PROCLMATION

By direct order of the Director of Parliament, herewith let it be known that the former Centralparkcantmeasuresnow aka CP has formerly changed his name to Wintersnowandcoldareamyth and will henceforth be recognized as such in Parliamentary functions and as his duites vis a vis the Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler.In light of his magnificent work today in updating the OTI Government and Pledge thread, his annual stipend is increased by 100,000 bitbannanas as of today.
His dedication to this Island is beyond description by words from a mere mortal such as myself, but it speaks for itself down the annals of time as documented by this OTI thread going back many years.

So it is written, let it be done!

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Jan. 30, Anno Domani 2023

PS: All RE: all bitbannana payments being made on OTI:
Please refrain from discarding the bannana peels in an improper manner. Sadly, our test robot dog in the OTI Futuristic Modes and Methodology Lab met an awful fate due to this ignorance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlYq3jO6xw
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4, CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:50 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:THE OTI PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Updated January 30, 2023

One nation under Docstox
Indivisible except by CP

Thank you
Director of the Treasury

PROCLMATION

By direct order of the Director of Parliament, herewith let it be known that the former Centralparkcantmeasuresnow aka CP has formerly changed his name to Wintersnowandcoldareamyth and will henceforth be recognized as such in Parliamentary functions and as his duites vis a vis the Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler.In light of his magnificent work today in updating the OTI Government and Pledge thread, his annual stipend is increased by 100,000 bitbannanas as of today.
His dedication to this Island is beyond description by words from a mere mortal such as myself, but it speaks for itself down the annals of time as documented by this OTI thread going back many years.

So it is written, let it be done!

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Jan. 30, Anno Domani 2023

PS: All RE: all bitbannana  payments being made on OTI:
Please refrain from discarding the bannana peels in an improper manner. Sadly, our test robot dog in the OTI Futuristic Modes and Methodology Lab met an awful fate due to this ignorance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlYq3jO6xw

LOL.

I don’t know where you find these but I wasn’t expecting that.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:40 am

billg315 wrote:EMERGENCY ORDER
The OTI Judiciary issues the following emergency order in the wake of the unprecedented "Year without a Winter" on the Mainland.
Whereas, an unprecedented "Year without a Winter" is occurring on the Mainland; and
Whereas, this in simple terms means, simply this winter has been largely snowless for most; and
Whereas, our long-range experts seem increasingly skeptical of any long-range pattern change that would produce any sustained periods of cold and snowy weather before March; and
Whereas, most members of this board are known to suffer various bouts of depression, anger, and insanity as a result of even minor stretches of warm or snow-less weather in the winter months, let alone almost an entire winter of such nonsense; and
Whereas, the possibility exists for a mass migration of winterless refugees from the Mainland; and
Whereas, this is an island with limited resources (coconuts and alcohol and radiation are among the only two or three I've heard mentioned) and limited huts/space; and
Whereas, the leadership of the island may need to take steps to prepare for this mass influx;
1. The Parliament may raise the debt limit to fund the construction of any additional housing structures that may be needed, any detention and processing facilities that may be needed, as well as to increase the budget of OTI Customs and Port Enforcement for the purposes of an orderly, secure, but welcoming, entry-process.
2. The Parliament can implement any necessary immigration and customs policies to control and facilitate the mass influx of Mainlanders without the usual rules and regulations of such things, however this temporary power will expire on April 1, 2023.
3. Anyone coming from a designated "snow-less" zone (defined as an area of the Mainland where snowfall this winter is at least 75 percent below normal) will be given priority status for the entry process. That means, in laymen's terms, they can go through an express line at the Port and Customs office.
4. The Salary of the Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor is increased by 10 percent due to the added workload, and a new bridge to his house is to be constructed to be funded from a new entry fee to be paid by any newcomers from the Mainland.
Signed
Billg315

Reading the Chief Justices post it is imperative we appoint a Director of Immigration asap, but who? Sroc? He just went through that harrowing journey and seems to know the ins and outs of OTI border penetration. Snow Man of course would be great but now that he’s made his cameo post for the year I no longer think he’s reliable.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:15 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:EMERGENCY ORDER
Signed
Billg315

Reading the Chief Justices post it is imperative we appoint a Director of Immigration asap, but who? Sroc? He just went through that harrowing journey and seems to know the ins and outs of OTI border penetration. Snow Man of course would be great but now that he’s made his cameo post for the year I no longer think he’s reliable.

Sroc is the logical choice for the position.As you say, he knows OTI topography and geography well being Semi-Emperor and has shown himself to be interested in OTI affairs.Snow Man is always welcome to choose a position of his own liking in OTI.In the interim, I will manage OTI immigration from the Parliament Building as I can ascend to the tower with binoculars and see what is happening offshore.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of OTI Immigration
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:22 pm

An order of coconuts is coming; make sure Scott does not break into the truck and start juggling them. CP, you are in charge of the straws. Doc, you bring the rum; you are expected to get up on the bar and karaoke with me to Vanilla Ice. If anyone is left sober, they can invite some board members into the waiting room. It already looks and feels like Sigmund Freud's waiting room, so we are good.

Heehaw is in charge of the coconut flakes to give the bar that winter look. Doc is in charge of vacuuming up everything at closing time. And I, I will be too drunk to know anything.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:48 am

Just returned after a quick fact-finding mission to the Mainland. It was blustery and it almost felt like . . . you know, Wall.
Anyway, I discovered on the Mainland that not only are banana peels dangerous to robot dogs, they also are YELLOW. What else is Yellow? The Sun? What does the Sun do? Warm the planet. What does warmth do? Kill snow and winter. Therefore, it is my conclusion that banana peels may be responsible for this Year without a Winter. This of course is a scientific theory. But I insist it be treated as fact and not challenged by "banana peel deniers."
I think we need to explore the immediate destruction of all banana peels posthaste. Logically, it could turn Wall back to Winter.
billg315
billg315

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm

billg315 wrote:Just returned after a quick fact-finding mission to the Mainland. It was blustery and it almost felt like . . . you know, Wall.
Anyway, I discovered on the Mainland that not only are banana peels dangerous to robot dogs, they also are YELLOW. What else is Yellow? The Sun? What does the Sun do? Warm the planet. What does warmth do? Kill snow and winter. Therefore, it is my conclusion that banana peels may be responsible for this Year without a Winter. This of course is a scientific theory. But I insist it be treated as fact and not challenged by "banana peel deniers."
I think we need to explore the immediate destruction of all banana peels posthaste. Logically, it could turn Wall back to Winter.

Very interesting observation , Excellent Inquisitor.Daily pleas for the end of Wall and Wing back to a traditional wi....., er, well you know the old word, by Mainland concerns economy dependent upon heavy snow, leaves me with no choice here.I will forthwith engage as many OTI personnel in the spray painting of bannanas on every sector of OTI to remove the dreaded sun color of the peel.We are engaging in every scientific method we can possibly think of to turn this El Stinko atmospheric condition of the Mainland back to a more favorable mode.
I will send an e mail to OTI personnel in a survey to determine what color to spray paint our bannanas.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:24 pm

dkodgis wrote:An order of coconuts is coming; make sure Scott does not break into the truck and start juggling them.  CP, you are in charge of the straws. Doc, you bring the rum; you are expected to get up on the bar and karaoke with me to Vanilla Ice.  If anyone is left sober, they can invite some board members into the waiting room. It already looks and feels like Sigmund Freud's waiting room, so we are good.

Heehaw is in charge of the coconut flakes to give the bar that winter look.  Doc is in charge of vacuuming up everything at closing time.  And I, I will be too drunk to know anything.

Here I am after the last wing ding at the Coconut Lounge trying to get back into the Parliament Building.I was drinking to the fact that the so called longest snowless stretch in NYC on the Mainland was actually false as per Wintercoldand snowareamyth's pointing out that Central Park flat out REFUSED to measure the at least 1/10 of an inch (that's measurable snow, good OTI Citizens) and this God awful record was a Central Park artificial record.This atrocity will live in infamy.
Damian, I am at your service good Director of the Coconut Lounge for any duty or procurement you deem necessary! Keep up the good work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnxgvSRTpVg
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:06 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

Sorry. Needed to do that and felt this was the best place.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:10 pm

billg315 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

Primal scream therapy at the OTI Sanitarium is very effective billg for withdrawal from the previously know "winter" into wall and wing.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm

docstox12 wrote:
billg315 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

Primal scream therapy at the OTI Sanitarium is very effective billg for withdrawal from the previously know "winter" into wall and wing.

Indeed. Between that and the beverages at the Coconut Lounge I'm hoping to make it through these next few weeks of Wing.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum