NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:10 pm

billg315 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

Sorry. Needed to do that and felt this was the best place.

Primal scream therapy at the OTI Sanitarium is very effective billg for withdrawal from the previously know "winter" into wall and wing.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:32 pm

docstox12 wrote:

Primal scream therapy at the OTI Sanitarium is very effective billg for withdrawal from the previously know "winter" into wall and wing.

Indeed. Between that and the beverages at the Coconut Lounge I'm hoping to make it through these next few weeks of Wing.

billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:39 pm

billg315 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Indeed. Between that and the beverages at the Coconut Lounge I'm hoping to make it through these next few weeks of Wing.
Enjoy it while we are open Billg, normal closing for OTI when there was such a thing as a "winter" was April 15th.Looks like that will happen on March 1st.
On closing day, I will be posting a proclamation extolling the valiant members of our leaders here, as well as distinguished visitors who tried valiantly against great PAC odds, to try and turn this horrible season around.
Stay tuned.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of Whatever needs to be temporarily directed.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:35 am

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

I am one with the Wall
I accept now the Wing
Winter is a myth
As much as that may sting

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

Please book me for noon today at the Sanitarium Doc
I’ll be staying until the next stratospheric warming event brings us a pattern change, so I assume I’ll be checked in forever.

Ihaveforgottenmynewname
Former something or other
Former Another title
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:21 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

I am one with the Wall
I accept now the Wing
Winter is a myth

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

I’ll be staying until the next stratospheric warming event brings us a pattern change, so I assume I’ll be checked in forever.

Ihaveforgottenmynewname
Former Another title

lol! lol! lol!

My dear former something or other, we have long term plans available at the Sanitarium at much reduced rates, including twice daily doses of Thorazine, so no worries there.You are of high standing on this Island and will get the BEST of treatment available during this horror on the Mainland.You already have the mantra down pat..."snowlessness is peace" which is essential for conversion therapy from former believers in winter( a strange and foreign concept of ancient times) into the Wall-Wing seasonal periods.We here at the Sanitarium know this is a major stumbling block to be overcome, so the first step in conversion therapy is to lock the patient in a cold padded room and pummel him with snowballs hours at a time to show how dastardly snow can be.
Meanwhile, business at the Coconut Lounge, where I have again taken control of due to the disappearance of Damian, is doing a bang up business entertaining snow deprived Mainlanders who just "want to forget life for a while".
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:31 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

I am one with the Wall
I accept now the Wing
Winter is a myth

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

Ihaveforgottenmynewname
Former Another title

lol! lol! lol!

My dear former something or other, we have long term plans available at the Sanitarium at much reduced rates, including twice daily doses of Thorazine, so no worries there.You are of high standing on this Island and will get the BEST of treatment available during this horror on the Mainland.You already have the mantra down pat..."snowlessness is peace" which is essential for conversion therapy from former believers in winter( a strange and foreign concept of ancient times) into the Wall-Wing seasonal periods.We here at the Sanitarium know this is a major stumbling block to be overcome, so the first step in conversion therapy is to lock the patient in a cold padded room and pummel him with snowballs hours at a time to show how dastardly snow can be.
Meanwhile, business at the Coconut Lounge, where I have again taken control of due to the disappearance of Damian, is doing a bang up business entertaining snow deprived Mainlanders who just "want to forget life for a while".

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The snowball therapy is revolutionary Doc. I feel like there is a cure for this madness that is snowcaholism in the near future.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:52 pm

I will be by to help out at the Lounge Doc, it will also be wise for me to keep an eye on those that are drinking to excess, to assure they don't pass out face down in their guac. In this year without a winter I fear there may be many that will overindulge. I have ordered extra supplies in order to handle the matter. We may need extra hands to help transport those no longer conscious to the sanitarium for treatment. Please see if you can recruit some help.

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

sroc4, docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:I will be by to help out at the Lounge Doc, it will also be wise for me to keep an eye on those that are drinking to excess, to assure they don't pass out face down in their guac. In this year without a winter I fear there may be many that will overindulge. I have ordered extra supplies in order to handle the matter. We may need extra hands to help transport those no longer conscious to the sanitarium for treatment. Please see if you can recruit some help.

Janet, your help is appreciated more than words can say in this time of crisis on the Mainland.Any help you need will be expedited forthwith. You have access to the hotline at Parliament!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CokN5HgyfD8

I am available 24/7 at either Parliament or the OTI Sanitarium or maybe under one of the tables at the Coconut Lounge.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:46 pm

I am back. I have been busy with animal husbandry, up in those balloons across Costa Rica, Canada, and the US looking for suitors for Othelia. So there is that. There there was the small matter of running out of coconuts for the lounge. It is not like you can go to Sam's Club to get a truckload. It took a while to locate a purveyor of fine goods in Tahiti. Coconuts are in short supply everywhere. People put their money on pay-for-weather sites; the results left coconut tree keepers in dire straits.

Upper management also wanted significant upgrades to the patina of the lounge. Do you know how hard it is to locate elephants that will get along with Othelia? No, those are not the suitors. They're the band.

My last stop was San Francisco; there, I purchased the fireworks for this Wednesday's precipitation. So I have been busy. On the way back I received a text that CP has been suffering the vagaries and calumnies of The Great Snow Drought. Thus, this is officially now CP's favorite lounge drink: The Great Snow Drought. It is shaken, not stirred.

What will become of us all? I fear Doc, CP, and I will steal Janet's ambulance and become The Snow Busters. Any talk of snow "out there" will be roundly and soundly met with vast mitigation efforts. When HeeHaw predicts precipitation, and we ask him if he is a god and he says no, we will hit him with all we've got.

Let them take our gas stoves from us; let them give us free Covid tests. Nothing will stay our hands until the morrow. We will tank up at the lounge, enjoy the coconuts, watch CP down a mixer of The Great Snow Drought at his witching hour: 3 to 3:30 am. Mom will have her crock pot chili at the lounge, 25 cents per cup, and there shall be no questions asked. Scott may come and tell us about the weather and the possibility of snow but croak the CP: "nevermore".
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:28 am

dkodgis wrote:I am back. I have been busy with animal husbandry, up in those balloons across Costa Rica, Canada, and the US looking for suitors for Othelia. So there is that. There there was the small matter of running out of coconuts for the lounge. It is not like you can go to Sam's Club to get a truckload. It took a while to locate a purveyor of fine goods in Tahiti.  Coconuts are in short supply everywhere. People put their money on pay-for-weather sites; the results left coconut tree keepers in dire straits.  

Upper management also wanted significant upgrades to the patina of the lounge. Do you know how hard it is to locate elephants that will get along with Othelia? No, those are not the suitors. They're the band.

My last stop was San Francisco; there, I purchased the fireworks for this Wednesday's precipitation. So I have been busy.  On the way back I received a text that CP has been suffering the vagaries and calumnies of The Great Snow Drought. Thus, this is officially now CP's favorite lounge drink: The Great Snow Drought.  It is shaken, not stirred.  

What will become of us all? I fear Doc, CP, and I will steal Janet's ambulance and become The Snow Busters.  Any talk of snow "out there" will be roundly and soundly met with vast mitigation efforts.  When HeeHaw predicts precipitation, and we ask him if he is a god and he says no, we will hit him with all we've got.

Let them take our gas stoves from us; let them give us free Covid tests. Nothing will stay our hands until the morrow. We will tank up at the lounge, enjoy the coconuts, watch CP down a mixer of The Great Snow Drought at his witching hour: 3 to 3:30 am.  Mom will have her crock pot chili at the lounge, 25 cents per cup, and there shall be no questions asked.  Scott may come and tell us about the weather and the possibility of snow but croak the CP: "nevermore".

In this otherwise dismal wall/wing season, the shining star has been the addition of you, Damian, the helpful healer with a warm, wonderful heart,Janet, and the amazing visit and post by our beloved Doc of the Mainland, a Praetorian close to Emperor Frank.Our steadfast Inquisitor Billg, who helped re-open the Island de-radiating it with Dawn dish detergent , will go down in OTI history.In OTI's ten year existence, such events have never been seen.
Parliament will subsidize the Coconut Lounge so all libations will be free to the public.
No worries about cooking gas on OTI, we use the gases from composting bannana peels, of which it is impossible to count .Sector 7 ,I have been told Damian, has an abundance of coconuts this year.Say the word and I will join you in harvesting them.The Coconut Lounge must NEVER run out of them!

There has been a slight migration back to my area of the Mainland for incurable snow addicts who have not benefitted from snow drought therapy in the Sanitarium.We have tried every method to rid them of the dreaded malady of "snowcaholism" and we were hoping to retain them to study new methods of therapy.However, after weeks of effort, just the mere mention of "snow changing to rain" or "snow to mix" with 1 inch possible is enough to cancel weeks of treatment by Dr's Wontsnow and Sloppe. Very sad but they will be back by the end of the week begging for help!

FYI, Parliament is well aware of the balloon threat from enemy nations.We have developed a launching system for coconut missiles that can reach 60,000 feet in height.I cannot divulge the technology involved as it is top secret.Officials from the Defense Department of the Mainland are visiting me to find out how an enemy balloon can be taken down with a $1.69 coconut versus a multimillion dollar missile.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:15 pm

The lounge is officially open and thanks to Frank paying for bandwidth here is our Spectrum tv ad:

https://youtu.be/WtD22p3ihUI

dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4, docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:20 pm

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 Edb8e010

Our opening act Sat night
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:51 pm

dkodgis wrote:OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 Edb8e010

Our opening act Sat night

Will be there but don't you think they are a bit too young?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:53 pm

dkodgis wrote:The lounge is officially open and thanks to Frank paying for bandwidth here is our Spectrum tv ad:

https://youtu.be/WtD22p3ihUI

lol! lol! lol!

After 4 or 5 of your drink specials Damian, I will be up on a table singing it...MON!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:44 pm

I will be invisible at the bar because my pronouns are who and where.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4, docstox12 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:44 pm

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 46611d10

Opening night. Look closely. Doc is body surfing in the crowd. CP is checking IDs.

Top right see a get-together of the board’s faithful. Mom’s boat is docked outside shuttling everyone else
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:25 am

dkodgis wrote:OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 46611d10

Opening night. Look closely. Doc is body surfing in the crowd. CP is checking IDs.

Top right see a get-together of the board’s faithful. Mom’s boat is docked outside shuttling everyone else

Absolutely hysterical and priceless!
What's the name of the band, Isobar and the Snowflakes?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:58 am

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 780ebb10

This is CP at the door
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4, docstox12 and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 am

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 25 19047410

Scott the bouncer
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:20 pm

I’ve settled In here forever. No more visits to the Mainland. There is only witchcraft, doom and despair there.

I realized today the missing part of the equation. It’s not enough to just reopen OTI, so far that has produced nothing. I must never set foot on the Mainland again. Every time I do I bring back evil things that infect OTI and ultimately what use to be called Winter.

Anti pattern changes, anti stratospheric warming, positive NAOs, positive AOs, Anti sunspots, warming volcanic eruptions, MJO phase 3,4,5,6, the southeast ridge that never dies, the Pac flow that goes through every ridge like butter. Enough!!!!!!!!

Snowlessness is peace
Snowlessness is peace

I’ll be in my office if anyone needs me.

Wintercoldandsnowisamyth
Director of the Treasury
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Permanent resident of OTI
Enemy of the Mainland
Enemy of CPcantmeasuresnow the fraud
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:41 pm

CP, it is better to be looking at the weather than to be a wether
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:51 pm

dkodgis wrote:CP, it is better to be looking at the weather than to be a wether

You lost me.

Plus who is this CP you refer to?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
dkodgis wrote:CP, it is better to be looking at the weather than to be a wether

You lost me.

Plus who is this CP you refer to?

I think Damian means "bed wetter".

CP???. Here is my reply to that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:21 pm

Some songs suggested for Karaoke:

2 Tickets to Paradise
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Margaritaville
Soak Up the Sun
Don't Worry, be Happy
If You Like Pina Coladas

There are probably many more, but I'm good with making sure these are available.

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:13 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Some songs suggested for Karaoke:

2 Tickets to Paradise
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Margaritaville
Soak Up the Sun
Don't Worry, be Happy
If You Like Pina Coladas

There are probably many more, but I'm good with making sure these are available.

No Beach Boys?

Fun, Fun, Fun
I get around
Kokomo - personally my least favorite Beach Boys song but goes with the theme.
Barbara Ann
Sloop John B
Good Vibrations?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:16 pm

Good night Island dwellers. Let those on the Mainland worry about what tomorrow brings. OTI residents know we will have sunny sky’s, southwest winds at 15-25 mph and temperatures between 78-85 degrees.

For those brave enough To venture into sector 3  at any time tonight, The OTI weather service has issued a frozen lungs warning for tonight. Temperatures are expected to bottom out at -110 before dawn, making breathing impossible.

Since some unscrupulous character stole my chosen name, Wintercoldandsnowisamyth, I am back to being who I identify as.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:01 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Good night Island dwellers. Let those on the Mainland worry about what tomorrow brings. OTI residents know we will have sunny sky’s, southwest winds at 15-25 mph and temperatures between 78-85 degrees.

For those brave enough To venture into sector 3  at any time tonight, The OTI weather service has issued a frozen lungs warning for tonight. Temperatures are expected to bottom out at -110 before dawn, making breathing impossible.

Since some unscrupulous character stole my chosen name, Wintercoldandsnowisamyth, I am back to being who I identify as.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

"Snowlessness is peace"

I suggest the Lung Defroster Vest from Ronco for any unfortunate soul who ventured into sector 3.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 and WinterColdandSnowisamyth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum