NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:37 pm

My Dear Directors of OTI,

I am calling all EMS staff to have all hands on deck for next week. I want to be prepared in case we get another invasion from the mainland. The potential for winter weather has shown itself, but I fear it may come crashing down on those who are hoping for some snow. Better to be prepared, as there will be many that need extra care, as another let-down nears (if it comes to pass). As I am hoping for a break here on OTI to regroup, I fear it will not be possible. I will work part-time the next few days to try to recharge myself, and order extra supplies. I will also look for alternative treatments, as some people may no longer respond to the current ones we are providing. I am hoping for snow for the mainland for everyone's benefit, but I have to prepare for the worst case scenario. I recommend all staff members prepare as best they can for another invasion(or lack of those here not going back to the mainland). If anyone wants to test out the new therapies, let me know, and I will arrange that when it is settled.

Hoping for some relief,
your tired Director of EMS   OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 1f634

Janet (aka Dunnzoo)

Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:53 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:My Dear Directors of OTI,

I am calling all EMS staff to have all hands on deck for next week. I want to be prepared in case we get another invasion from the mainland. The potential for winter weather has shown itself, but I fear it may come crashing down on those who are hoping for some snow. Better to be prepared, as there will be many that need extra care, as another let-down nears (if it comes to pass). As I am hoping for a break here on OTI to regroup, I fear it will not be possible. I will work part-time the next few days to try to recharge myself, and order extra supplies. I will also look for alternative treatments, as some people may no longer respond to the current ones we are providing. I am hoping for snow for the mainland for everyone's benefit, but I have to prepare for the worst case scenario. I recommend all staff members prepare as best they can for another invasion(or lack of those here not going back to the mainland). If anyone wants to test out the new therapies, let me know, and I will arrange that when it is settled.

Hoping for some relief,
your tired Director of EMS   OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 1f634

Janet (aka Dunnzoo)

God Bless our loyal and faithful Director of EMS!

All points you stated above re being taken very seriously as we have been stretched beyond the breaking point serving distressed Mainlanders this Wall-Wing season with only a very brief period in January to catch our breath.I am hoping for a major snow event plus two weeks of cold to give us the much needed break we need here to rebuild and re-equip.However, as you state, the miserable trend of the Mainland season with model failure requires us to make contingency plans in case that mass exodus from the Mainland occurs.Our sister Island OOTI will be able to absorb some of that but even with that help, the situation may become precarious.Carry on as best you can EMS Director, as all of us are.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:11 pm

EMERGENCY DECLARATION
RE: MASS INFLUX FROM MAINLAND

WHEREAS, a storm system currently forecast to affect the mainland from Monday night into Tuesday has shown signs of potentially delivering accumulating snow to the region ahead of a colder weather pattern to follow; and
WHEREAS, there are many variables at play which could affect the final outcome of this storm system; and
WHEREAS, the upside potential for significant accumulating snow may generate heightened anticipation and enthusiasm on the mainland; and
WHEREAS, due to the many variables involved in the forecast and the high "bust" potential, it is possible this still presents as a rain storm or a storm that brings primarly rain with just a modest wet snow on the backend; and
WHEREAS, a rainy outcome will likely lead to panic, anger, sorrow, frustration and mass hysteria on the mainland leading to a mass exodus of refugees to OTI and her sister island OOTI;
THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED AS FOLLOWS:
1. The Parliament is granted all legal authority to control the processing and admission of all mainlanders seeking refuge on the island;
2. The Parliament is permitted to divert some of the mainlanders to OOTI to create additional capacity, but only upon the advanced approval of the Benevolent Dictator of OOTI CP.  IF OOTI's authoritarian regime should refuse entry of mainlanders, the overflow is to be directed to the temporarily restricted and possibly fire engulfed and radioactive Sector 3;
3. Those directed to Sector 3 will be selected by a lottery system. Once selected all other mainlanders who were not chosen are to be handed stones. Those selected in the lottery to be directed to Sector 3 will have 60 seconds to leave for sector 3, or those who have been handed stones are authorized to pelt the lottery "winners" with said stones until they depart for Sector 3.
4. Current officials on OTI and OOTI are exempt from the lottery as are previous visitors and the Emperor. The Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor is permanently exempt from all such lotteries now and in the future. Only newcomers will be entered into the lottery system.
SO ORDERED on this 7th day of February, 2024.
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 pm

billg315 wrote:EMERGENCY DECLARATION
RE: MASS INFLUX FROM MAINLAND

WHEREAS, a storm system currently forecast to affect the mainland from Monday night into Tuesday has shown signs of potentially delivering accumulating snow to the region ahead of a colder weather pattern to follow; and
WHEREAS, there are many variables at play which could affect the final outcome of this storm system; and
WHEREAS, the upside potential for significant accumulating snow may generate heightened anticipation and enthusiasm on the mainland; and
WHEREAS, due to the many variables involved in the forecast and the high "bust" potential, it is possible this still presents as a rain storm or a storm that brings primarly rain with just a modest wet snow on the backend; and
WHEREAS, a rainy outcome will likely lead to panic, anger, sorrow, frustration and mass hysteria on the mainland leading to a mass exodus of refugees to OTI and her sister island OOTI;
THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED AS FOLLOWS:
1. The Parliament is granted all legal authority to control the processing and admission of all mainlanders seeking refuge on the island;
2. The Parliament is permitted to divert some of the mainlanders to OOTI to create additional capacity, but only upon the advanced approval of the Benevolent Dictator of OOTI CP.  IF OOTI's authoritarian regime should refuse entry of mainlanders, the overflow is to be directed to the temporarily restricted and possibly fire engulfed and radioactive Sector 3;
3. Those directed to Sector 3 will be selected by a lottery system. Once selected all other mainlanders who were not chosen are to be handed stones. Those selected in the lottery to be directed to Sector 3 will have 60 seconds to leave for sector 3, or those who have been handed stones are authorized to pelt the lottery "winners" with said stones until they depart for Sector 3.
4. Current officials on OTI and OOTI are exempt from the lottery as are previous visitors and the Emperor. The Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor is permanently exempt from all such lotteries now and in the future. Only newcomers will be entered into the lottery system.
SO ORDERED on this 7th day of February, 2024.
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor

Parliament has written this into OTI Law as of Feb 7, Anno Domain 2024:
We are hoping that the stone draft lottery system will not have to be executed as those we have sent to evaluate sector 3 have not been seen or have returned horribly disfigured.This film of a team investigating Sector 3 washed ashore near the Parliament Building.Sadly, all the particpants are missing ATM but from the looks of it, something certainly is amiss on Sector 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPw4U_IhWV4

Hopefully, the Benevolent Dictator of OOTI will lend a hand with the overflow of Mainlanders so draconian measures you suggest will not be necessary.
As such:

PROCLAMATION:
Excellent Inquisitors proposals are now part of OTI Law.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director Coconut Lounge
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:20 pm

It looks like we are getting some relief here on OTI as some members are heading back to the mainland with the hopes of seeing white gold. I am going to take advantage of the break for a day or 2 and chill in the Coconut Lounge and then head over there as well. If anyone needs me, you can find me there or on the beach. OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 1f379

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:18 am

Dunnzoo wrote:It looks like we are getting some relief here on OTI as some members are heading back to the mainland with the hopes of seeing white gold. I am going to take advantage of the break for a day or 2 and chill in the Coconut Lounge and then head over there as well. If anyone needs me, you can find me there or on the beach.  OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 1f379

Dear Director of EMS Services:
We are following your lead here at Parliament and have given our tired and overworked staff much needed hours off to join you at the Coconut Lounge or beach time at our many Sectors(except Sector3).Please be advised that this may be rescinded should the Mainland Models bust for their areas and a rampage of angry and hostile snow deprived Mainlanders come charging back to OOTI and OTI.Keep your devices at the ready!

Docstox
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 am

I would urge all staff to be on-call and on high alert. As I just posted on the Mainland, there is a population of 15-20 million people whose forecast changes from 1” or 2” of snow to 6-7” of snow depending on which model - or model run - they look at.
We all know the sheer madness an insanity that a near-miss storm can cause for those who end up with a slushy inch when 5-6” of white gold is just 20-30 miles away.
I expect there will be millions of people Tuesday acting in various states of hysteria anger and insanity. Some may even “write off winter” (on Feb 13!) or insist it “will never snow again” (even as people just a few miles from them are shoveling snow!). Who knows what madness a near-miss/sharp cutoff like this could cause. GOOD GOD! They may all be coming here! MAN THE BARRICADES!! I IMPLORE YOU ALL!!! Ok take a breath. Keep Calm, and Coconut Lounge On.
Ok I feel better. Panic got the better of me there.
This could be OTIs biggest test yet!
billg315
billg315

docstox12 and Dunnzoo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:36 am

billg315 wrote:I would urge all staff to be on-call and on high alert. As I just posted on the Mainland, there is a population of 15-20 million people whose forecast changes from 1” or 2” of snow to 6-7” of snow depending on which model - or model run - they look at.
We all know the sheer madness an insanity that a near-miss storm can cause for those who end up with a slushy inch when 5-6” of white gold is just 20-30 miles away.
I expect there will be millions of people Tuesday acting in various states of hysteria anger and insanity. Some may even “write off winter” (on Feb 13!) or insist it “will never snow again” (even as people just a few miles from them are shoveling snow!). Who knows what madness a near-miss/sharp cutoff like this could cause. GOOD GOD! They may all be coming here! MAN THE BARRICADES!! I IMPLORE YOU ALL!!! Ok take a breath. Keep Calm, and Coconut Lounge On.

No worries about being prepared, some of my staff have agreed to stay here in case of an early exodus from the mainland. I will be leaving OTI tonight, but have a private jet on standby for Tuesday evening in case we have another mass migration to OTI. I will be hosting a Super Bowl party at the Coconut Lounge tonight for whoever is left on the island, so I hope to see everyone there!

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 am

billg315 wrote:I would urge all staff to be on-call and on high alert. As I just posted on the Mainland, there is a population of 15-20 million people whose forecast changes from 1” or 2” of snow to 6-7” of snow depending on which model - or model run - they look at.

Be of good cheer Excellent Inquisitor, this is not you or myself or the other officials on OTI's first rodeo! We have been healing and dealing with the snow deprived since 2014 and have faced many dire situations such as these!
The OTI Meteorological Institute latest advisory to me at Parliament suggests at least 1/2 of the Mainland areas we serve should get some snowfall with the possibility of a weeklong snowpack there, so we are looking at maybe only 1/2 of the Mainland who would mass migrate here with a bust in those areas.Remember we have Benevolent Dictator of OOTI who always come through taking any overflow from OTI in these critical times.
The addition we made to the Coconut Lounge storage area for extra sticking of the alcoholic beverages needed to assuage the loneliness, heartache and grief of the snow deprived has proven to be a very wise investment in this fiscal year! A case of the always wise OTI government yielding benefits to our citizenry!
As always,

Docstox
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:17 am

PARLIAMENTARY BULLETIN

OTI AND OOTI EXECUTIVES AND STAFF:
It appears the Mainland snow event is proceeding as predicted and this gives us a chance for a much needed rest and rehabilitation and re-stocking week.All Sectors except Sector 3 are now open free of charge and the Coconut Lounge is open 24/7 at reduced rates.Please take this opportunity to restore your mental and physical health as we are still not done with thee season of Wing on the Maindland and what kind of snow deprivation events that may occur.Courage, my loyal and efficient staff, as we are a mere 6 weeks away from closure for the period until Wing of 2024.We at OTI and OOTI are the envy of the entire world as we only work from October 1 to April 1 !
I will have at the end of our season with the help of our efficient Treasury Director, a report on the fiscal soundness of the two Islands which I expect to be not the LACK of a budgetary surplus but how HIGH the surplus is! Until then Mainlanders, enjoy the snow and cold.

Docstox
Director OTI Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium where we practice world reknowned therapy for snow deprivation and it's ill effects.
Temporary Director Coconut Lounge
February 13 Anno Domani 2024

PS:Please remember if you are on the Mainland tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day and spouses better be aware of that and come across with a card or gift or in the doghouse you shall be,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:37 am

BULLETIN FROM THE OTI SANITARIUM

TOPIC OF DISCUSSION DEALING WITH SNOW DEPRIVATION

A recently submitted research paper from the benevolent dictator CP of OOTI has been studied thoroughly as to a new methodology for ameliorating the disastrous effects of snow deprivation for snowcoholics.
Rather than get into the great detail CP has indicated in his paper, I will simply summarize the most cogent and useful method of NOT expecting any positive snow map on the Mainland to materialize and just expect NOTHING.Therefor, when they get ANYTHING, they are happy and healthy.
Brilliant work my good man, the Sanitarium is looking into organizing an appropriate ceremony to reward you for this groundbreaking work!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:52 am

I may stop by the Coconut Lounge later. But for a change, not to drown my snow depravation sorrows, but to celebrate and relax after some intense snow removal around my car which is now shrouded in snow and plowed in! With all good things, come some bad things I guess. lol
billg315
billg315

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:27 pm

We uncovered an old video of Doc when he first started his Veterinary career on the Mainland! You can see his amazing skill and compassion for helping those in need! He handled this huge size dog with ease!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1G9c2PXK70
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:43 pm

As a result of the incredible upsurge in business on OTI as a result of the poor Wall weather in December, we have received many requests for licenses for viable businesses. A license was given to Pasquale of Pasquale's Pizza located a few buildings away from the Coconut Lounge.Here is a video of a usual day of business at that establishment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgbnT2pcY0
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:05 pm

The first two weeks of January 2017 saw two disastrous snow measurement undercounts at Central Park, so much so then-acting (soon full-time) Attorney General Billg posted the following:

As the Acting Attorney General for Off-Topic Island (self-appointed to the temporary position for the purposes of this legal action) I, Billg315, come before the Superior Weather Court and hereby give Notice of the following Motion to be heard at a time and place determined by this Honorable Court:

People of Off Topic Island and
CPcantmeasuresnow
v.
NOAA, the National Weather Service,
The Central Park Conservancy, the Wildlife
Conservation Society (in its role as
manager of the Central Park Zoo),
the City of New York, et al . . .

We hereby allege the following charges against the defendants in this case.

There has been a persistent under measurement of official snowfall totals in Central Park dating back many years, perhaps decades. This has led to tainted official snowfall totals for the City of New York, and due to the long-running persistence it will be impossible to ever "correct" this record. Therefore adequate corrective measures by these entities are no longer possible and only a damage award can bring justice in this matter. The evidence shows that in many snowstorms over the years measurements at surrounding reporting stations including JFK, LGA, EWR, have been significantly higher than CPK despite the fact that they virtually surround this reporting station (Appendix One 2016 seasonal totals from last March show: 31.6" for CPK, while LGA is 35.6, JFK 40.9, and EWR 36.2; in the most recent storm they show respectively, 5.1", 7.0, 8.2, 5.8 ). Additionally, scientific analysis (SEE attached report of Math23X7) shows that in the most recent storm between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. the Conservancy reported .7" of snow fell, despite radar showing heavy banding over the city, and a qpf of .11" fell during that time frame with high ratios.

Therefore, we submit the following findings to the court with a prayer for relief:

Whereas, NOAA and the National Weather Service (hereafter "NWS") have consistently relied upon and reported a persistent and long-running under measurement of snowfall totals in Central Park; and
Whereas, these under measurements have been repeatedly confirmed by lay observers, snowfall experts, comparisons to multiple surrounding reporting stations, and scientific statistical analysis of snowfall rates and qpf versus actual reported snow totals within specified time-frames; and
Whereas, NOAA and the NWS have relied upon and endorsed this egregious undercounting and have in fact failed to correct the problem even after being so notified; and
Whereas the Central Park Conservancy and the Wildlife Conservation Society (in its role as manager of the Central Park Zoo) and the City of New York by granting authority to these organizations, has been directly responsible for these incompetent and damaging under measurements; and
Whereas, this has caused official snowfall records in New York City to be forever tarnished with no hope of correction; and
Whereas, this outcome has caused stress, agitation, loss of appetite, loss of sleep, and other forms of pain and suffering mentioned and unmentioned, to CPcantmeasuresnow, the People of OTI writ large, and even many inhabitants of the mainland,
We hereby move for a judgement of guilt against these organizations and an award for damages totaling $1 billion American dollars/or 26 billion mangos in OTI currency (or, the equivalent amount of COW currency should the official currency of OTI at any point convert to that fiscal system). This damage award is payable to the OTI Treasury and should be ordered immediately.

Respectfully submitted,
Billg315
Acting Attorney General
OTI

We now need another ruling from our Attorney General. For reference purposes, just refer to what was just posted on the mainland regarding today's snow measurement.

It should be noted that during my one-year tenure living in the Upper East Side of Manhattan from December 2017 to December 2018, CPKs snow measurements seemed to be reasonable, perhaps because when it snowed, I came by and did my own snow measurements. Now that I no longer reside there, it seems to have gotten back to it's awful ways.

I will be interested to hear the motion on this.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Wow, to Bill G, I had forgotten what an advocate for the cause he was.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:42 pm

The return of our beloved and esteemed Director Of OTI Technology Math from his two year leave of absence measuring snow in such diverse places as Irkutsk ,Siberia, is another highlight in this illustrious year of OTI and OOTI existence.
Our Excellent Inquisitor and Chief Justice Billg's case was filed in Albany but has been languishing in the back rooms of the Capital Building.Information Parliament of OTI has gleaned is that lobbyists for Central Park have been working furiously to stop the case ESPECIALLY when information of Math's precise measurements , in his worldwide journey establishing accurate snow measurement, brought him a few blocks away from the haphazard area of Central Park where aforementioned measurements were taken.Math's measurements were the only brief period in the over 100 years of snow measurements at Central Park that were accurate.Word is that powerful interests are trying to block action from being taken.
OTI and OOTI stand steadfastly behind Bill and Math in this monumental persuit.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow, Math23x7 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:27 pm

Yes it appears this legal action is still languishing in Albany. Candidly, I did not as aggressively pursue it the last two years as since Wall and Wing produced nearly no snow, there was nothing to be mis-measured at CPK. In legal terms, the case appeared to be rendered moot. Perhaps there is now cause to reassert the claim.
billg315
billg315

docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow and Math23x7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:10 pm

billg315 wrote:Yes it appears this legal action is still languishing in Albany. Candidly, I did not as aggressively pursue it the last two years as since Wall and Wing produced nearly no snow, there was nothing to be mis-measured at CPK. In legal terms, the case appeared to be rendered moot. Perhaps there is now cause to reassert the claim.

Dear Most Excellent Inquisitor and Attorney General:

OTI Parliament has set aside funds for refiling this legal action as many times it may take for as long as it takes to right this egregious error in snow measurement.The Greatest City In The World should have had THE most accurate and efficient system in place since 1869 and we will fight on as long as it takes to get it done.The fact that a local weatherman had to go out just recently ruler in hand shows just how disgraceful the staff at Central Park have neglected their duties!!

Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
Director Of The OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of the Coconut Lounge
Fighting For Truth, Justice, And Accurate Mainland Snow Measuring Way
February 19 Anno Domani 2024
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:07 am

OTI SERVICE BULLETIN

With the vanishing snowpack in Mainland areas and the forecast for rain at the end of the week added to the disappearance of long range forecasts, the few of which are existing, are dismal for snow lovers, we hereby declare this week of rest and rehab to end on Thursday.Expect a final mass migration of towel throwing Mainlanders in the final few eeks of operation.
All OTI executives and Parliament and Sanitarium personnel should be back up to the status we had in December.We are coming around the 3/4 turn on our fiscal year of income and service which ends on April 1.Closure ceremonies and a final report of operations and fiscal health will be posted by then.
As such, this is a banner year for OTI and our sister Island OOTI.

Docstox
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:52 am

It was a nice break from the mainlanders these past few days, glad I was able to get back here and enjoy it while it lasted. The EMS department is ready with extra supplies and staff to help with therapy. I'm sorry for the mainlanders' strife this season, but thankful the coffers are full so we are prepared for the closing party in the Coconut Lounge in a few weeks. I would like to ask for a little extra compensation for my staff, as it has been a tough year for them and I would like to make sure they return when needed. If needed I will be in the Coconut Lounge following the Mets spring training camp if anyone needs me between now and Thursday.

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:It was a nice break from the mainlanders these past few days, glad I was able to get back here and enjoy it while it lasted. The EMS department is ready with extra supplies and staff to help with therapy. I'm sorry for the mainlanders' strife this season, but thankful the coffers are full so we are prepared for the closing party in the Coconut Lounge in a few weeks. I would like to ask for a little extra compensation for my staff, as it has been a tough year for them and I would like to make sure they return when needed. If needed I will be in the Coconut Lounge following the Mets spring training camp if anyone needs me between now and Thursday.

Dear Director Of OTI Emergency Services:
Parliament is happy to assess any extra financial compensation to you and your amazing and efficient staff.The closing party this year will be EPIC as we are overflowing with revenue from the masses of Mainlanders who visited our Islands.I am going over the Coconut Lounge inventory to be sure there are adequate supplies for the end of the season blowout.
Be on standby to see how these last few weeks develop.As of today, the coming rainstorm and dismal long range Mainland forecast for snow puts us on high alert.Mid March snow would give us a break here, but it seems iffy ATM.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:44 am

Hey Ya'll.  I hope all is well. Last couple weeks on the mainland have been "eventful", in a good way.  I'm sure you've noticed a lull in activity during that time.  Anyway the next couple of weeks seem to be quite "uneventful" back on the mainland, so I figure I'd take this opportunity to pop in and hang for a bit if you don't mind and have a warm water cocktail or two with you fine folks.  I've grown quite fond of all the regulars here.  It doesn't seem to matter what or when; everyone here always is so welcoming and warm regardless of the circumstances for which I pop in, which I've grown to truly appreciate.  Anyways thanks again for the hospitality and cheers.  Ill be over there by the swim up bar shooting the shit with the bartender.   

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FsxwR4d9Nx6HII%2Fgiphy

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12, Dunnzoo and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:21 pm

sroc4 wrote:Hey Ya'll.  I hope all is well. Last couple weeks on the mainland have been "eventful", in a good way.  I'm sure you've noticed a lull in activity during that time.  Anyway the next couple of weeks seem to be quite "uneventful" back on the mainland, so I figure I'd take this opportunity to pop in and hang for a bit if you don't mind and have a warm water cocktail or two with you fine folks.  I've grown quite fond of all the regulars here.  It doesn't seem to matter what or when; everyone here always is so welcoming and warm regardless of the circumstances for which I pop in, which I've grown to truly appreciate.  Anyways thanks again for the hospitality and cheers.  Ill be over there by the swim up bar shooting the shit with the bartender.   

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 31 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FsxwR4d9Nx6HII%2Fgiphy

Dear Esteemed Director of the Emperor's Staff:
Your frequent visits here to OTI have been a highlight of this Wall/Wing season and has done wonders for the morale of the overworked Directors and Personnel of OTI and, by proxy, OOTI.Your stool at the bar has your name engraved on it and always ready for you to occupy it.I see from the picture above you have taken advantage of the outdoor pool/bar area we recently added with the massive revenue increase we had with Mainlanders fleeing the snowless lands there.
I would just like to give you a heads up on a recent notification bar staff at the Coconut Lounge have sent me.Apparently, a few unfortunate individuals who had stayed in the still radioactive Sector 3 have patronized the Lounge and the deleterious effects of the radiation have led to some disturbing observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFUXegdDWA

Be advised!

Your humble OTI servant

Docstox
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:32 am

docstox12 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:Hey Ya'll.  I hope all is well. Last couple weeks on the mainland have been "eventful", in a good way.  I'm sure you've noticed a lull in activity during that time.  Anyway the next couple of weeks seem to be quite "uneventful" back on the mainland, so I figure I'd take this opportunity to pop in and hang for a bit if you don't mind and have a warm water cocktail or two with you fine folks.  I've grown quite fond of all the regulars here.  It doesn't seem to matter what or when; everyone here always is so welcoming and warm regardless of the circumstances for which I pop in, which I've grown to truly appreciate.  Anyways thanks again for the hospitality and cheers.  Ill be over there by the swim up bar shooting the shit with the bartender.   

Dear Esteemed Director of the Emperor's Staff:
Your frequent visits here to OTI have been a highlight of this Wall/Wing season and has done wonders for the morale of the overworked Directors and Personnel of OTI and, by proxy, OOTI.Your stool at the bar has your name engraved on it and always ready for you to occupy it.I see from the picture above you have taken advantage of the outdoor pool/bar area we recently added with the massive revenue increase we had with Mainlanders fleeing the snowless lands there.
I would just like to give you a heads up on a recent notification bar staff at the Coconut Lounge have sent me.Apparently, a few unfortunate individuals who had stayed in the still radioactive Sector 3 have patronized the Lounge and the deleterious effects of the radiation have led to some disturbing observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFUXegdDWA

Be advised!

Your humble OTI servant

Docstox

lol! lol!

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:31 pm

I am placing myself under house arrest for the foreseeable future. I have been having thoughts of nuking our beloved Island again in hopes of jump starting a nuclear winter. Yes it's gotten that bad, I'm being driven to madness by lack of cold and ice. 29 inches of snow does not a winter make.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:36 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I am placing myself under house arrest for the foreseeable future. I have been having thoughts of nuking our beloved Island again in hopes of jump starting a nuclear winter. Yes it's gotten that bad, I'm being driven to madness by lack of cold and ice. 29 inches of snow does not a winter make.

Dear Director of the Treasury and Benevolent Dictator of OOTI,

What you are experiencing is exactly what has propelled our Islands to the largest amount of revenue from Mainlanders ever seen in our over 10 years of history.Your special treatment room in the basement of the OTI Sanitarium next to the boiler is there for you 24/7 when outbreaks of warmist snow deprivation bring about acute melancholia coupled with aggressive thoughts of striking out.The treatment plan is to channel that energy into positive outcomes, such as a plan for next seasons opening on Nov. 1 Anno Domani 2024 to continue the rapid debt free growth of OOTI and OTI.Remember, occupation is salvation at times like this my good man.Not more than 15 days now to official closure where I will make the State Of The OTI union.Use this remaining time to prepare a State Of The OOTI Union and join me on the podium for our reports which will be carried worldwide.There has been interest from foreign entities concerning possible investments and radiation clean up of Sector 3.

As ever,
Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum