NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+38
Taffy
aiannone
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
bloc1357
CPcantmeasuresnow
Scullybutcher
sabamfa
rb924119
lja
Irish
heehaw453
mikeypizano
Analog96
kalleg
Jack D.
Quietace
HectorO
algae888
nutleyblizzard
Frank_Wx
dkodgis
Math23x7
Snow88
Bkdude
brownie
sroc4
jimv45
GreyBeard
billg315
frank 638
docstox12
amugs
weatherwatchermom
mwilli
jmanley32
Grselig
Dunnzoo
42 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:24 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:J Man, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and will pray for her.
Was it necessary for those cops do do a high speed chase in a crowded area? I am sure they got the plates and could have tracked the guy down.Then again, I am not law enforcement .
Greybeard ,loved that story the first time you got plastered,LOL.I was about 13 or 14 when my parents went to play bridge.I did shots of scotch and was rip roaring.Didn't do anything steady until my frat days in the early 70.s. During those days, if I went  to a doctor for tests he would have said to me "your alcohol is 5% blood"!
CP, my Hudson Valley pal, this rainstorm is a punch in the gut.Maybe we can squeeze out a coating just to have the feeling of a white Christmas.Anyway, we were lucky to get this recent snowstorm, everything has been cutting to our west since early November!

It's killing me Doc, but stoic individual that I am, I hide my pain from the forum.

I've tried to contain my complaints about this impending weather disaster to once every hour, but even that's getting hard to do.

One serious note Jman and that's about your friends daughter. I shall say a prayer for her also as I'm sure many on the forum will. That's heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for the best, keep us updated. This misreable year only has 8 days left.
I started to read this and get a little worked up cuz it was in response to the senitive issues I am enduring but then you slick guy come in with ur i guess weird sense of humor, yes I stole xmas and bah humbug. Its so terrible in like 5 plus ways.  Snow included though sorry thats not top of my list right now. Ellie is her name so you know who I am talking about had to go under today and have a laproscopic biopsy on a lump above her belly button, she has also been having bad stomach aches. She spoke to I think another friend today and told them she wasn't feeling too good, what a strong girl.  I hope it isn't what I think it may be and that would be the "C" word. Your prayers are appreciated, I know the family well myself, they can only visit Ellie one at a time and each has to vacate the hospital entirely before the other can enter. Can you imagine the mess they must be. God hope nothing happens and they both cannot be there.  I pray all will be okay, let this be the girl who saves xmas.

Wait did I hallucinate? I could have sworn I read a very sarchastic but I know joking statement from you.

You're not seeing things, I did write something in my offbeat way, again just trying to be funny but then reconsidered and realized the timing wasn't right.

Such an awful story, I hope there's a happy ending. Snow isn't a blip on the radar when it comes to things like this.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:J Man, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and will pray for her.
Was it necessary for those cops do do a high speed chase in a crowded area? I am sure they got the plates and could have tracked the guy down.Then again, I am not law enforcement .
Greybeard ,loved that story the first time you got plastered,LOL.I was about 13 or 14 when my parents went to play bridge.I did shots of scotch and was rip roaring.Didn't do anything steady until my frat days in the early 70.s. During those days, if I went  to a doctor for tests he would have said to me "your alcohol is 5% blood"!
CP, my Hudson Valley pal, this rainstorm is a punch in the gut.Maybe we can squeeze out a coating just to have the feeling of a white Christmas.Anyway, we were lucky to get this recent snowstorm, everything has been cutting to our west since early November!

It's killing me Doc, but stoic individual that I am, I hide my pain from the forum.

I've tried to contain my complaints about this impending weather disaster to once every hour, but even that's getting hard to do.

One serious note Jman and that's about your friends daughter. I shall say a prayer for her also as I'm sure many on the forum will. That's heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for the best, keep us updated. This misreable year only has 8 days left.
I started to read this and get a little worked up cuz it was in response to the senitive issues I am enduring but then you slick guy come in with ur i guess weird sense of humor, yes I stole xmas and bah humbug. Its so terrible in like 5 plus ways.  Snow included though sorry thats not top of my list right now. Ellie is her name so you know who I am talking about had to go under today and have a laproscopic biopsy on a lump above her belly button, she has also been having bad stomach aches. She spoke to I think another friend today and told them she wasn't feeling too good, what a strong girl.  I hope it isn't what I think it may be and that would be the "C" word. Your prayers are appreciated, I know the family well myself, they can only visit Ellie one at a time and each has to vacate the hospital entirely before the other can enter. Can you imagine the mess they must be. God hope nothing happens and they both cannot be there.  I pray all will be okay, let this be the girl who saves xmas.

Wait did I hallucinate? I could have sworn I read a very sarchastic but I know joking statement from you.

You're not seeing things, I did write something in my offbeat way, again just trying to be funny but then reconsidered and realized the timing wasn't right.

Such an awful story, I hope there's a happy ending. Snow isn't a blip on the radar when it comes to things like this.
It is all good sir, I saw it anyways but I had a feeling it was as you say your offbeat humor. I gotta meet you someday. BTW are you 100 years old in dog years or human? LOL

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:18 am

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

It is all good sir, I saw it anyways but I had a feeling it was as you say your offbeat humor. I gotta meet you someday. BTW are you 100 years old in dog years or human? LOL

Somewhere in between the two, but a little closer to the human years than the dog years.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:06 am

docstox12 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
actually turns out after the stop he sped off at 110mph and they did not pursue, street camera proves they were a good 15 seconds behind him without lights and going very slow.

I am glad there are cameras to show that the police were not aggressively persuing.The guy must have had a record a mile long for him to bolt like that.So sorry this awful tragedy happened.

Generally speaking, and systems can always fail/mistakes are made, police do not engage in pursuits that endanger other motorists for a motor vehicle violation. In NJ most officers are required during a chase to report the speed of chase and traffic conditions to a Sgt., who will often terminate the pursuit if there is a hint of danger to other motorists -- especially if they have a plate. The one exception where a pursuit will not be terminated may be if the driver of the car poses a danger to others (i.e. they are armed and fleeing a homicide, armed robbery, or something like that).
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:04 pm

billg315 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
actually turns out after the stop he sped off at 110mph and they did not pursue, street camera proves they were a good 15 seconds behind him without lights and going very slow.

I am glad there are cameras to show that the police were not aggressively persuing.The guy must have had a record a mile long for him to bolt like that.So sorry this awful tragedy happened.

Generally speaking, and systems can always fail/mistakes are made, police do not engage in pursuits that endanger other motorists for a motor vehicle violation. In NJ most officers are required during a chase to report the speed of chase and traffic conditions to a Sgt., who will often terminate the pursuit if there is a hint of danger to other motorists -- especially if they have a plate. The one exception where a pursuit will not be terminated may be if the driver of the car poses a danger to others (i.e. they are armed and fleeing a homicide, armed robbery, or something like that).
He had indeed had a record all drug related. Whats bizarre and has been all hush hush is tha tthere were several bullet holes in the windows of the car that was speeding, did the police shoot at him? Some people say they witnessed this happen. Yonkers PO are pretty corrupt, they often do not follow rules or do things they want.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Merry Christmas all. No wind to report here just yet.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:46 pm

HectorO wrote:Merry Christmas all. No wind to report here just yet.

Same here, all is quiet and way too warm. Uneventful wind event.
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!! The storm has slowed down quite a bit prolly why the winds also delayed a few hours, its been increasingly windy here past few hrs, albeit weak 25-30mph gusts, sustained 15-20mph.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:10 am

GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 1ff05910
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 D2ce9910
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 E49f9b10

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:11 am

GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 Ea7a0010
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 C3356b10

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

HectorO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:12 am

GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 Ed8b4c10
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 D87d9110
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 D9759610

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

HectorO, brownie and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:48 am

Merry Christmas! Nothing but downpour happened here. A little breeze once in awhile. Nothing big to report on my end.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:15 am

Well guys merry christmas but we just received the news about Elie and its not good, in fact worst possible. She has malignant cancer in her abdomen, shes going to need major surgery and pretty much every treatment there is. 7 years old, Christmas is pretty much ruined here, luckily Alexa my daughter got to open her gifts b4 we found out, she does not know yet and we will wait till tomorrow but gosh how do you tell a 7 year old this. So awful. I am sorry to bring sorrow to the board this morning.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:38 am

jmanley32 wrote:Well guys merry christmas but we just received the news about Elie and its not good, in fact worst possible. She has malignant cancer in her abdomen, shes going to need major surgery and pretty much every treatment there is. 7 years old, Christmas is pretty much ruined here, luckily Alexa my daughter got to open her gifts b4 we found out, she does not know yet and we will wait till tomorrow but gosh how do you tell a 7 year old this.  So awful.  I am sorry to bring sorrow to the board this morning.

Prayers for healing for little Ellie .
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

jmanley32 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:52 am

docstox12 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Well guys merry christmas but we just received the news about Elie and its not good, in fact worst possible. She has malignant cancer in her abdomen, shes going to need major surgery and pretty much every treatment there is. 7 years old, Christmas is pretty much ruined here, luckily Alexa my daughter got to open her gifts b4 we found out, she does not know yet and we will wait till tomorrow but gosh how do you tell a 7 year old this.  So awful.  I am sorry to bring sorrow to the board this morning.

Prayers for healing for little Ellie .
we are always here for u and ur family
You have to stay positive because I know she’s gonna be OK please let us know how everything works out I am going to mass I will say a prayer for her

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks guys its called Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma, have not read about it yet but I pray it has a decent prognosis.  She will be in the hospital till January, poor thing on xmas!! Her parents must be a wreak, we just heard from dad via txt, just telling us what it is. Alexa is going to video with her later, from what I understand Elie is in ok spirits. And just in case you did not read the older posts this is not my daughter, its her bestie.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:55 am

jmanley32 wrote:Thanks guys its called Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma, have not read about it yet but I pray it has a decent prognosis.  She will be in the hospital till January, poor thing on xmas!! Her parents must be a wreak, we just heard from dad via txt, just telling us what it is. Alexa is going to video with her later, from what I understand Elie is in ok spirits. And just in case you did not read the older posts this is not my daughter, its her bestie.
Sending our best wishes to Elie for a full recovery, and to Alexa so she can help and support her friend.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Spoke with my mom in Jacksonville Florida today.. it's colder there lmao. Sorry for not keeping up with the current topic. Will definitely send prayers out.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:05 pm

JMAN, that's such a hard to pill swallow. My heart goes out to Elie and her family- and it's really tough that Alexa has to go through this too. I appreciate you sharing this. I feel bad for even saying this, but I've been hugging my kids super tight ever since I read this and counting everyone of my blessings.

Turning to the weather, our on again-off again winter weather potential continues waffling a bit- but even that beats last winter, imo.  No waffling last winter, just toast from the hills down to the coast for 3-4 straight months! So, in the past few years, we've seen the pattern change materialize and deliver (Feb-March 2017 and Dec-Jan 2018 come to mind) and we've seen the advertised pattern change fail to materialize and deliver (Jan-March 2019- ughh!!).

What's going to happen this year? I don't know, but for me, the thrill is in the hunt!!!

PS: Thanks BillG!! That was my favorite holiday gift of the whole season!!!

PPS: Almost forgot- I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season, filled with warm (human warmth, not weather warmth) and loving moments.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:41 am

So sorry to hear about Ellie, Jman. We’re all pulling for her!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 am

Sorry to hear Jman and prayers for Ellie. Being a stage 3 cancer survivor so far makes you wonder. Her poor parents and you for having to tell your daughter. Strength and faith in and from God is needed during this arduous time.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:30 pm

RUH ROH!! This needs to be watched S does the Canary Islands Vcano La Prina, had 200 eq this past week. Its a rumbling and can cause a tsunami for the EC.

https://twitter.com/DegreaseNeil/status/1343248100375334912?s=19

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:51 pm

amugs wrote:RUH ROH!! This needs to be watched S does the Canary Islands Vcano La Prina, had 200 eq this past week. Its a rumbling and can cause a tsunami for the EC.

Like here? Like NYC, yonkers on hudson very low that would be devastating to lower downtown. I couldnt even inagine. How terrible for Italy. I am telling you the end of days is near.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:19 am

amugs wrote:RUH ROH!! This needs to be watched S does the Canary Islands Vcano La Prina, had 200 eq this past week. Its a rumbling and can cause a tsunami for the EC.

I saw a show years ago documenting that an earthquake on one of these Canary Islands would cause a big chunk of the Island to shear off and slide into the Atlantic creating Tsunamis on the EC of the USA.If you go to YouTube and look for glaciers calving, you will see the effect on water when a big chunk of land or ice suddenly falls in.I read once in a lake in Alaska, part of the glacier slid into a lake and created a 50 foot tidal wave.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 pm

rb924119 wrote:So sorry to hear about Ellie, Jman. We’re all pulling for her!!
Thanks, we got a update today she is being transferred to Sloan Kettering and will start the IV of chemo but will also have to have surgery to remove the tumor. A nurse friend of ours told us this is very aggressive so its likely pretty serious. mugs that's right I remember you went through much of this yourself and came out at least as far as I know good as new. My dad also finished treatment for beginning stage prostate cancer in November so it has been one hell of a saddening year, we wont know for a year or so if it is totally gone for my dad. Sloan will take good care and Make wish foundation will do something wonderful for her I am sure. So far she looks good color, happy despite missing xmas and playing with toy slime in her hospital bed this morning lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:57 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:So sorry to hear about Ellie, Jman. We’re all pulling for her!!
Thanks, we got a update today she is being transferred to Sloan Kettering and will start the IV of chemo but will also have to have surgery to remove the tumor.  A nurse friend of ours told us this is very aggressive so its likely pretty serious.  mugs that's right I remember you went through much of this yourself and came out at least as far as I know good as new. My dad also finished treatment for beginning stage prostate cancer in November so it has been one hell of a saddening year, we wont know for a year or so if it is totally gone for my dad.  Sloan will take good care and Make  wish foundation will do something wonderful for her I am sure.  So far she looks good color, happy despite missing xmas and playing with toy slime in her hospital bed this morning lol
Jman, Sloan is the very best for cancer care.My wife is being treated there for CIS of the bladder at MSK in Westchester..Ellie has the best chance of beating this at SMK.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow and jmanley32 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:35 am

Highest PRESSURE EVER RECORDED!!
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 20201222
GrandSolarMinimum - Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 27 20201223

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next