NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

earthquake - Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 5 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by GreyBeard Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm

docstox12 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:Kinchley's !!!! Even us lowly Essex folks make our way up north to get Kinchley's. The hard part is choosing the pies. Fra diavolo? Bacon? Mini meatball?

If you find your way down this way, try Star Tavern in Orange. 10 minutes off the GSP. Similar thin crust bar pie style, as good as Kinchley's in my eyes. Fried calamari is awesome and great wings like Kinchley's.

Pete, I read about the Star Tavern in an article in the Bergen Record about the best pizza places in NJ.Glad to hear you folks a little south come to Kinchley's.I lived within a mile of there for 35 years, and got a pizza there (mushroom) every week.Funny thing was the same barflies, contractors, were always at the bar when I picked up my pizza.They just aged for 35 years,LOL.I picked one up on the evening of the Feb 1983 snowstorm.Walked in the door to a light , fine snow.Walked out 5 minutes later to 3 inch and hour rate snow that lasted over 6 hours.
They opened right there in 1937 , and the place is pretty much the same as then.

I did a double take reading this Doc. Wasn't sure if you picked up a barfly or a pizza that night Question Smile

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:43 pm

amugs wrote:The CIA psy ops in this country and with hour military is off the charts on both sides and has been. I know a few high level people in intelligence who have said - do not believe the theatrical show that is being played in front of you. You will be fooled 100% of the time. The behind teh cloak of darkness in the shadows is where the real "things" occur. If they ever showed us in our faces we'd be freaked out. This person was a interrogator of the Taliban, Isis and did 3-4 tours of duty in the middle east and has been to Georgia and Poland 3x in the last 2 years for stints. Heck they are recording what i am writing now and everything we say and speak over the communications. So  many do not want to believe this and that is fine but I have to say sometimes knowing to much is not good.  
Alas on JFK, my wife's uncle was in teh service and he used that rifle the supposedly Oswald knocked off JFK with. His expert range offices in 1969 said during  training there aint no way in hell that operative did that damage from that angle with this gun. and he showed them how long it took to reload that rifle and the accuracy of it at that distance. Then he said boyz, that's all I have to say as a 25 year combat military expert on this rifle, Put the rifle down and went about their business. Uncle Mike tells that story like it was yesterday for him adn he and his mates were left in shock because that is what they were told and informed of. To think anything else yuo were labeled a cook, nut job, wacko, conspiracy theorists etc.

Anyway Kinchley's - I look into it. Doc 1983 was an amazing blizzard as of 8AM CBS FM said maybe 1-3" its going OTS and I was bummed. Then at 1 PM as my teacher came back fro lunch he said we are going to start snowing in about 45 minutes adn its going to be a blizzard - teh whole class erupted in joy!!

I have shot bolt action rifles with a scope and I just can't see how Oswald could do that 6 floors up through the trees on a moving vehicles.Your wife's Uncle confirms my thought.Yes, you had better buy the Warren Report hook line and sinker or you are a whacko nut job conspiracy theorist.Sound familiar,LOL.
Mugsy, that's the storm that Mr G went apes__t on tv that night,LOL.Loved him with Harry Harrison on WCBS-FM in the mornings.Harry hilariously always busted Mr G's chops,LOL.Ahh, happy days.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:44 pm

GreyBeard wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:Kinchley's !!!! Even us lowly Essex folks make our way up north to get Kinchley's. The hard part is choosing the pies. Fra diavolo? Bacon? Mini meatball?

If you find your way down this way, try Star Tavern in Orange. 10 minutes off the GSP. Similar thin crust bar pie style, as good as Kinchley's in my eyes. Fried calamari is awesome and great wings like Kinchley's.

Pete, I read about the Star Tavern in an article in the Bergen Record about the best pizza places in NJ.Glad to hear you folks a little south come to Kinchley's.I lived within a mile of there for 35 years, and got a pizza there (mushroom) every week.Funny thing was the same barflies, contractors, were always at the bar when I picked up my pizza.They just aged for 35 years,LOL.I picked one up on the evening of the Feb 1983 snowstorm.Walked in the door to a light , fine snow.Walked out 5 minutes later to 3 inch and hour rate snow that lasted over 6 hours.
They opened right there in 1937 , and the place is pretty much the same as then.

I did a double take reading this Doc. Wasn't sure if you picked up a barfly or a pizza that night Question Smile

LOL, Graybeard, if you saw the female barflies in that place, you grabbed your pizza and ran.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

GreyBeard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Grselig wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:Love to hear thr JFK info.  Fascinating.  Im a dem, minority for this board, but love the discussion!  To me science is a process of proving or disproving a theory.   Its a process of growing knowledge by testing. Expanding what we know by challenging.  Its not a noun.  I hate how its meaning has changed.  

Grselig, no problem here in this board, we don't get into politics.After all, it's the wealthy people that run this country, we are mere peasants,LOL.

I worked for a year full time in the summer of 1970 and part time for 1971 , for the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons in Fort Lee NJ.I was a jack of all trades in that lab where they were growing human kidney cells and challenging them with a virus to produce Interferon.At the time, they were thinking it would cure cancer.One of the Doctors there, Dr. Kassel, was a researcher, and I asked him how he felt about the project possibly being a dead end, which, sadly, it turned out to be.He said, "well, then, a scientific researcher will use the data 25 years from now in maybe finding the cure.That exactly what science is.Gathering facts and putting them together in a rational, logical non emotional way.

Funny thing about the Interferon.I was in charge of the lab mice and the animals would be inoculated with cancer cells in the axilla area.They would have marble sized tumors under their arms.When they were infused with Interferon made with mouse cells, the cancer was 100% cured.I saw it with my own eyes.Sadly, it did not translate over to humans or cancer would have been cured in 1971.

Exactly.   But wish it did lead to a cure!   So much pain. Most people on the board (every regular poster) is always respectful.  Very cool.  Its good to disagree.  Thats how we learn.  I loved Kinchlys when I was in Mahwah.   Will go back.  Isnt there another place down the road.    Similar pizza.  

Grselig, might have been a place down by Waldwick, but I never went that far down.There is a place right near where the old Abex factory used to be.They used to manufacture brake shoes for railroad cars and the smell of burning asbestos filled the Mahwah air if the wind blew right,LOL.It was Tirreno's Pizza and the locals used to call it "brake shoe pie",LOL.Luckily .Abex folded in 1982 and there was never that smell again.Ford had left a few years earlier.Casualties of the 1981 recession.Had a patient who worked at Abex and in his crew was Fred Gwynne, aka Herman Munster.He had gotten a part in "On The Waterfront" and everybody in the crew said he would never make it, he was too ugly,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 pm

docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:Love to hear thr JFK info.  Fascinating.  Im a dem, minority for this board, but love the discussion!  To me science is a process of proving or disproving a theory.   Its a process of growing knowledge by testing. Expanding what we know by challenging.  Its not a noun.  I hate how its meaning has changed.  

Grselig, no problem here in this board, we don't get into politics.After all, it's the wealthy people that run this country, we are mere peasants,LOL.

I worked for a year full time in the summer of 1970 and part time for 1971 , for the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons in Fort Lee NJ.I was a jack of all trades in that lab where they were growing human kidney cells and challenging them with a virus to produce Interferon.At the time, they were thinking it would cure cancer.One of the Doctors there, Dr. Kassel, was a researcher, and I asked him how he felt about the project possibly being a dead end, which, sadly, it turned out to be.He said, "well, then, a scientific researcher will use the data 25 years from now in maybe finding the cure.That exactly what science is.Gathering facts and putting them together in a rational, logical non emotional way.

Funny thing about the Interferon.I was in charge of the lab mice and the animals would be inoculated with cancer cells in the axilla area.They would have marble sized tumors under their arms.When they were infused with Interferon made with mouse cells, the cancer was 100% cured.I saw it with my own eyes.Sadly, it did not translate over to humans or cancer would have been cured in 1971.

Exactly.   But wish it did lead to a cure!   So much pain. Most people on the board (every regular poster) is always respectful.  Very cool.  Its good to disagree.  Thats how we learn.  I loved Kinchlys when I was in Mahwah.   Will go back.  Isnt there another place down the road.    Similar pizza.  

Grselig, might have been a place down by Waldwick, but I never went that far down.There is a place right near where the old Abex factory used to be.They used to manufacture brake shoes for railroad cars and the smell of burning asbestos filled the Mahwah air if the wind blew right,LOL.It was Tirreno's Pizza and the locals used to call it "brake shoe pie",LOL.Luckily .Abex folded in 1982 and there was never that smell again.Ford had left a few years earlier.Casualties of the 1981 recession.Had a patient who worked at Abex and in his crew was Fred Gwynne, aka Herman Munster.He had gotten a part in "On The Waterfront" and everybody in the crew said he would never make it, he was too ugly,LOL.

Nellie’s Place in Waldwick!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Grselig wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Nellie’s Place in Waldwick!  

THERE ya go. Had a patient that was a waitress there who said it was a great place but never went.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Jesus H, lets hope this isn't headed this way, how horrible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/11/winter-weather-ice-storm-knocks-out-power-sleet-freezing-rain/6717720002/
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:06 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Jesus H, lets hope this isn't headed this way, how horrible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/11/winter-weather-ice-storm-knocks-out-power-sleet-freezing-rain/6717720002/

That would just suck....
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:59 am

Joe Snow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Jesus H, lets hope this isn't headed this way, how horrible.

That would just suck....

Agree 100%.I despise slop storms and the trouble they cause.I always hope for all snoe, and if not, all rain.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 pm

OMG!  Hilarious!!  I’m pretty sure 98.87% of this board can relate to this. Sound on!  Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/_victoraalvarez/status/1360112486368874496

https://mobile.twitter.com/_victoraalvarez/status/1360112486368874496?s=10

Last edited by sroc4 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Frank_Wx, kalleg, essexcountypete, heehaw453 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:24 pm

sroc4 wrote:OMG!  Hilarious!!  I’m pretty sure 98.87% of this board can relate to this. Sound on!  Lol

That is a riot! yes, pretty much sums us up as we watch models come in!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:39 pm

sroc4 wrote:OMG!  Hilarious!!  I’m pretty sure 98.87% of this board can relate to this. Sound on!  Lol

That is classic!! Archive that!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 pm

amugs wrote:

Ive watched it like ten times already and seem to laugh a little harder each time as I stare at different peoples reactions in the crowd each time and pretend its someone else on this board. LOL

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 pm

sroc4 wrote:
amugs wrote:

Ive watched it like ten times already and seem to laugh a little harder each time as I stare at different peoples reactions in the crowd each time and pretend its someone else on this board.  LOL
that almost had me spit my water out. ok that many weather weenies at a bar? Where do we find this kinda action? lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:57 pm

My favorite response to that below the video -

Erich White
@erichwhite
·
5h
Replying to
@_victoraalvarez
anyone care to explain what is going on here?

LMAO!!
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 pm

This is the greatest video every posted.

I spotted Jman taking Irish car bombs at the bar

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:

Damnit Frank, why you have point me out, I was hoping to see the kochi mochi version but they wouldn't put it on.

On a side note thats one drink I have never done and not something I really wanna try.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Frank_Wx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Also great advertisement for pivotol weather, i believe thats their maps.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

Damnit Frank, why you have point me out, I was hoping to see the kochi mochi version but they wouldn't put it on.

On a side note thats one drink I have never done and not something I really wanna try.

I see what you did there! But it's an "Irish" car bomb!
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Frank_Wx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Irish wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

I see what you did there!  But it's an "Irish" car bomb!
Honestly do not get it sorry, lol I know I am slow. What do I and irish car bomb have in common?

Edit...Oh I get it lol

Last edited by jmanley32 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Irish wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

Honestly do not get it sorry, lol I know I am slow. What do I and irish car bomb have in common?

Well, hint, I'm "Irish".
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:18 pm

Irish wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Irish wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

Well, hint, I'm "Irish".
Yeah I ain't bring you crap lol jk, no i got it now.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Irish likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:49 pm

I never ended up paying for models subscriptions this year, but I’m most impressed by Pivotal and Wxbell

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:I never ended up paying for models subscriptions this year, but I’m most impressed by Pivotal and Wxbell
my choices too def.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:25 am

Yes and for certain maps u need to pay at Pivotal and WxBell

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 am

We have had 3 strong EQ is the past 5 days in tjis ring of fire reguin and 3 volcanic mild eruptions

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 am

amugs wrote:

We have had 3 strong EQ is the past 5 days in tjis ring of fire reguin and 3 volcanic mild eruptions

That's wild. The idea that this Japan quake near Fukushima could be a aftershock of the Fukushima quake a decade ago is amazing to me.

"It is interesting to note that today's quake occurred in almost the same location as the catastrophic Tohoku earthquake from 11 March 2011. In fact, it is likely a late aftershock."

The fact that Fukushima happened a decade ago tells me how fast time flies.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum