NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 8.0

+44
Carvin
Bkdude
Frozen.9
kalleg
JT33
WinterColdandSnowisamyth
aiannone
phil155
Coachgriff
lglickman1
mmanisca
MattyICE
2004blackwrx
Scullybutcher
TheAresian
essexcountypete
mikeypizano
RJB8525
Radz
brownie
nutleyblizzard
Grselig
richb521
Math23x7
dolphins222
CPcantmeasuresnow
crippo84
Quietace
rb924119
heehaw453
Irish
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
frank 638
jmanley32
dkodgis
billg315
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
Frank_Wx
HectorO
docstox12
48 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 Empty Re: Banter Thread 8.0

Post by amugs Sat May 27, 2023 7:04 pm

Hilarious feeding time.

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun May 28, 2023 5:48 am

amugs wrote:Hilarious feeding time.

LMAO!!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun May 28, 2023 6:04 am

amugs wrote:https://twitter.com/nytimes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

[size=44] [/size]

[size=44]I was warned about this again 2002, 06, 08, 11 by Gore.[/size]
[size=44]The rise has been neglible in most Atlantic Seaboard locations.  The building along the coast in marsh,, wetland, lagoon regions in the last 25-30 years has exploded thus in many places expanding the properties into the water. These areas were flood plains that are now developed. [/size]

Here is another "expert" opinion on climate change:
https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-climate-change-world-will-end-12-years-un-report-1300873

We only have 8 years left!

Of course, merely SLIGHTLY disagreeing with this makes you a "denier" or a "conspiracy theorist". It is how the far left "cancels" any opinion that disagrees with their agenda.Colleges today are indoctrination centers for far left thinking and any conservative viewpoint is threatened with physical violence or cursed and shouted down.So much for the arena of higher education where all points of view can be discussed in a logical and rational manner.Such behavior was demonstrated by the Nazi Brownshirts and Hitler Youth as well as the communist KGB.Even classic Liberals like Bill Maher see the danger of this "woke cancel culture" behavior.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Sun May 28, 2023 3:24 pm

amugs wrote:https://twitter.com/nytimes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

[size=44] [/size]

[size=44]I was warned about this again 2002, 06, 08, 11 by Gore.[/size]
[size=44]The rise has been neglible in most Atlantic Seaboard locations.  The building along the coast in marsh,, wetland, lagoon regions in the last 25-30 years has exploded thus in many places expanding the properties into the water. These areas were flood plains that are now developed. [/size]

Pointing out one NYTimes story as proof that the "experts were wrong" is about as meaningful as what "some experts" said thirty years ago.  

The fine folks on the Florida coast are aware that sea level rise is real and that it has some real costs involved....

Shrinking Shores: How Florida leaders are failing the state’s famous beaches
https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/special-reports/2016/11/11/shrinking-shores-how-florida-leaders-failing-states-famous-beaches/92052156/

"Every year, Florida loses more of its beaches.

From the southern tip of the Florida Keys to the western edge of the Panhandle, communities up and down the state’s coasts struggle to keep sand on their shrinking shores, with some losing as much as 18 feet a year."
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun May 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Hey Pete same as you posting a USA biased story from a reporter that regurgitates the same agenda my man. There are natural cycles of this planet and solar system, some we have happening now. Good video by a NASA leading scientists but let's discredit him too because he's not part of the narrative, he's rogue, anti etc etc. As per Nasa Global Data on sea level risesince 1933 sea level rise has been a mere q.2" per year. Some area have had more and some less, the ebb n flow of our planet. Reason being te tonic plate shifts and local building, hence reclamation projects on "land" I to areas as I explained above building.

Again it is not the only time we have been told this about sea level rise the past 30 years plus but I can produce numerous articles  but they will be discredited by x, y, z.  I am not paying for a tax on this agends, those who believe can be my guest. Florida is as flat as a pancake and the build up along the waterways has been off the charts the last 30 years. When you build on a flood plain then do t cry about flooding. If folks are so concerned then why do so many buy next to the ocean and its tributaries, lagoons, bays?? Wby did Obama, Kerry, Waters, etc etc ALL have homes that are right on the ocean just yards from it. Obama has 2 su h homes, Kerry as a couple as well, our Climate Change Czar. When you buy a house next to an airport don't complain about the noise. Thousands of such examples of this building on the ocean and its waterways that are not meant to be built on. I guess that's what Eugenics is a major push by the elites and WEF of Schwab and his minions, depoplulate the planet. If you have never heard of this look it up, they have a plan to shrink the world's population of overall, ots not conspiracy  truth. Many involved in this from this country.

Anyway, we have a difference here for sure and that is fine.  

Bless you all on this fine Sunday.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 pm

Here comes the agenda pusher, Eugenics rearing it's head here with this 330 plus million people to feed but let's eradicate cattle and now farming. Going to be tens of million of absolutely starving people if we listen and allow this. All in the climate change name 

https://thepostmillennial.com/john-kerry-says-us-farmers-must-radically-transform-food-production-to-meet-net-zero-emissions-goals-by-2030?utm_campaign=64483

Lets add to this what he says:

How about he gives up his private jet airplane he flies all over with, multiple above average size homes, and gas guzzling vehicles to start?

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed May 31, 2023 4:20 pm

Interesting about Solar and temps and magnetic pole shift

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:23 am

This iwnter in Mammoth California

ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 Mammoth-snow

Check out the snow totals and still snow on the ground as of May 27
At least 19 U.S. ski resorts set all-time snowpack records this year — here are 10 still offering lift-accessed spring turns (data compiled by powder.com):

1. PALISADES TAHOE, CALIFORNIA
Current base area snow depth: 10 in

Current summit area snow depth: 167 in

Total season snowfall: 723 in (new all-time record)

2. MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN, CALIFORNIA
Current base area snow depth: 142 in

Current summit area snow depth: 195 in

Total season snowfall: 715 in (new all-time record)

3. TIMBERLINE LODGE, OREGON
Current base area snow depth: 89 in

Current summit area snow depth: N/A

Total season snowfall: 695 in (new record)

4. ARAPAHOE BASIN, COLORADO
Current base area snow depth: 49 in

Total season snowfall: 258.5 in

5. KILLINGTON, VERMONT
Current base area snow depth: 14 in

Total season snowfall: 197 in

Projected closing date: As late as possible, weather and conditions permitting. Killington typically closes sometime between late May and early June.

6. SNOWBIRD, UTAH
Current base area snow depth: 88 in

Total season snowfall: 838 in (new all-time record)

Projected closing date: July 4th weekend, weather and conditions permitting

7. DODGE RIDGE MOUNTAIN RESORT, CALIFORNIA
Current base area snow depth: N/A

Total season snowfall: 757 in (new all-time record)
Projected closing date: Reopening on May 27th and 28th for a final weekend of skiing

8. WINTER PARK, COLORADO
Current base area snow depth: 42 in

Current mid-mountain snow depth: 42 in

Total season snowfall: 397 in

Projected closing date: May 29th

9. MT. BACHELOR, OREGON
Current base area snow depth: 56 in

Total season snowfall: 467 in (2nd highest since 1901, pipped by 2017)

Projected closing date: May 28th

10. ARIZONA SNOWBOWL, ARIZONA
Current base area snow depth: 63 in

Total season snowfall: 399 in (new record)

Projected closing date: May 29th

Incredible snow totals.

I am putting on my June Snow Goggles for the NE this upcoming winter. El Nino kicking in by fall, North Atlantic cooling as is the Atlantic basin overall, along with volcanic and wildfire ejections should lead to a much much better winter, likes the ones we saw in the last 20 years that were above expectations.

amugs
amugs

kalleg and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:40 am

WOW, Snowbird Utah almost 70 FEET of snow.These totals are all mind blowing.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm

amugs wrote:Hey Pete same as you posting a USA biased story from a reporter that regurgitates the same agenda my man. There are natural cycles of this planet and solar system, some we have happening now. Good video by a NASA leading scientists but let's discredit him too because he's not part of the narrative, he's rogue, anti etc etc. As per Nasa Global Data on sea level risesince 1933 sea level rise has been a mere q.2" per year. Some area have had more and some less, the ebb n flow of our planet. Reason being te tonic plate shifts and local building, hence reclamation projects on "land" I to areas as I explained above building.

Again it is not the only time we have been told this about sea level rise the past 30 years plus but I can produce numerous articles  but they will be discredited by x, y, z.  I am not paying for a tax on this agends, those who believe can be my guest. Florida is as flat as a pancake and the build up along the waterways has been off the charts the last 30 years. When you build on a flood plain then do t cry about flooding. If folks are so concerned then why do so many buy next to the ocean and its tributaries, lagoons, bays?? Wby did Obama, Kerry, Waters, etc etc ALL have homes that are right on the ocean just yards from it. Obama has 2 su h homes, Kerry as a couple as well, our Climate Change Czar. When you buy a house next to an airport don't complain about the noise. Thousands of such examples of this building on the ocean and its waterways that are not meant to be built on. I guess that's what Eugenics is a major push by the elites and WEF of Schwab and his minions, depoplulate the planet. If you have never heard of this look it up, they have a plan to shrink the world's population of overall, ots not conspiracy  truth. Many involved in this from this country.

but Mugs .2" per year is significant by itself. If you own property near the shore a number like that can get kind of scary real quick. My family friends have had a house on LBI for 50+ years and they now have to check the tides when coming and going by car.

And the last 30 years of NASA satellite data tell us the rate of rise is accelerating...
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/150192/tracking-30-years-of-sea-level-rise

essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

kalleg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:36 pm

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HazSimp23

Interesting survey for a project the NWS is working on...

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

kalleg and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:55 am

essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Hey Pete same as you posting a USA biased story from a reporter that regurgitates the same agenda my man. There are natural cycles of this planet and solar system, some we have happening now. Good video by a NASA leading scientists but let's discredit him too because he's not part of the narrative, he's rogue, anti etc etc. As per Nasa Global Data on sea level risesince 1933 sea level rise has been a mere q.2" per year. Some area have had more and some less, the ebb n flow of our planet. Reason being te tonic plate shifts and local building, hence reclamation projects on "land" I to areas as I explained above building.

but Mugs .2" per year is significant by itself. If you own property near the shore a number like that can get kind of scary real quick. My family friends have had a house on LBI for 50+ years and they now have to check the tides when coming and going by car.

And the last 30 years of NASA satellite data tell us the rate of rise is accelerating...
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/150192/tracking-30-years-of-sea-level-rise

.2" per year is significant by itself

Says who Pete? By what standards? What exactly does that mean "significant by itself"? I mean sure if your a human with a house on the shore it can be "significant" but if you're an alien observing changes from afar over the past million years does it mean the same thing?

The scientists accumulated and corroborated a data record that is now long enough and sensitive enough to detect global and regional sea level changes beyond the seasonal, yearly, and decadal cycles that naturally occur.

This is an excerpt from the Nasa sat link you posted. Who ae these scientists? How is 30 years long enough to make this claim? Its silly honestly. Explain to me how this proves that humans are the cause. It doesnt because we dont have the data from before humans. We dont have the data from before this 30 year sat data. So we cant pretend to know for fact that humans influence has accelerated the warming like never seen before. Its simply theory and not a fact. As the planet warms, regardless of the cause, areas along the shore will be affected.

This is the ultimate Capt Obv observation.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:45 am

WOW!!

amugs
amugs

docstox12 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 am

One of the issues I see with this topic in the public discourse generally (not necessarily here) is people often talking past each other.

If you say you don't believe human activity is a driver -- or a main driver -- behind various climatological changes, it is assumed you are denying that changes, maybe even noticeable changes, are taking place. Or if you say the changes taking place may pale in comparison to changes that took place before significant human activity, thousands of years ago, again, people will suggest you are a "climate change denier."

Again, these things can all be true at the same time: 1. That the climate is changing; 2. that there are tangible impacts on us as humans - or could be going forward; 3. that the change isn't any more dramatic than what was seen thousands of years ago (ie nobody I've seen has suggested my house will be buried under a glacier anytime soon, so the ice age was pretty dramatic), and 4. that it is not being primarily driven by human activity, or at least that we can't say that with any certainty/credibility.

I believe the climate is always changing. I believe there may be some sea level impact on coastal areas. My shore town does seem to have had an uptick in tidal flooding these days. But, again, I can't say if that's unusual because nobody really lived on that island 100 years ago, and it was sparsely populated until the 1950s/60s. So, who knows what it was like there in 1800. Let alone a thousand or five thousand years ago.

The only thing I'm certain of is that the amount of data we have today, is far more extensive than what we had even 50 years ago, so I'm very skeptical of any effort to suggest how things today compare to what they were like 100 years ago, let alone thousands of years ago, since there is simply no real, reliable data point comparison. Again, doesn't mean things aren't changing - maybe for the worse, who knows?, just that I have to take any long-term comparisons on a global scale with a dose of cautious skepticism.
billg315
billg315

sroc4, docstox12, amugs and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:53 am

This is absurd

amugs
amugs

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:36 pm

amugs wrote:This is absurd

I would suggest that anything on Zero Hedge be taken with a fist full of salt.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/department-agriculture-responds-says-report-30128058
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:41 pm

Pete it was not just them as well but oterh sources as well. MSM will not cover this or other such news and why? Why are they not covering the UFO whistleblower? The COVID redacted and CDC reported information on the jabs of side affects and reanalysis number of deaths? JFK assisination? The lsit goes on.

Here are other sources covering this:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/06/03/ireland-farmers-revolt-cattle-cull-plan-climate-change-targ/

https://www.foodbev.com/news/ireland-considers-culling-200000-dairy-cows/

https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/agriculture-department-culling-cattle-cows-30113201

https://www.thebullvine.com/news/ireland-considers-culling-200000-dairy-cows-to-fulfil-climate-objectives-but-decision-not-final/

Mt Washington reporting 2" of snow!!

ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 FyChUD_XsAE0DqZ?format=jpg&name=large

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:56 pm

amugs wrote:Pete it was not just them as well but oterh sources as well. MSM will not cover this or other such news and why? Why are they not covering the UFO whistleblower? The COVID redacted and CDC reported information on the jabs of side affects and reanalysis number of deaths? JFK assisination? The lsit goes on.

Here are other sources covering this:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/06/03/ireland-farmers-revolt-cattle-cull-plan-climate-change-targ/

https://www.foodbev.com/news/ireland-considers-culling-200000-dairy-cows/

https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/agriculture-department-culling-cattle-cows-30113201

https://www.thebullvine.com/news/ireland-considers-culling-200000-dairy-cows-to-fulfil-climate-objectives-but-decision-not-final/

Mt Washington reporting 2" of snow!!

ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 FyChUD_XsAE0DqZ?format=jpg&name=large

Wonder if that 2 inches of snow is colored orange.

Chances of that cattle thing passing in the US is absolutely zero.
If you want to talk UFO's, I was in a UFO club in 1965 following closely the "flaps" of the mid 60's, of which there were many.The Air Force Project Bluebook was pure BS!
Kennedy assassination, I have read books and studied reports many hundreds of hours.I will leave it with many powerful interest wanted JFK dead.Supposedly, all material is to be released in 2027.Sadly, the young generation probably could care less.Can't really blame them, when I was a teen in the 1960's, nobody gave a Tinker's damn about the McKinley assassination in 1901.Time passes, people move on.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:34 am

ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 Screen11

Think I caught a sunspot on this picture I took. A few actually.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

sroc4, kalleg, rb924119, essexcountypete and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:11 am

HectorO wrote:ClimateScam - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 22 Screen11

When and what time did you take this Hector?

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:17 am

Here is the current look at the sun's spots.  Could very well have been if your image was yesterday

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

HectorO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:55 am

sroc4 wrote:

It was yesterday at 2:05 pm
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:20 am

HectorO wrote:
sroc4 wrote:

It was yesterday at 2:05 pm

If Im a betting man based on the image I posted with todays current sunspot location in the SE quadrant my money is def on you capturing that very sunspot. Cool stuff.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

HectorO, kalleg and essexcountypete like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:02 am

Mind blowing video of the day.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz47A6zGXJs
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

dkodgis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:59 pm

essexcountypete wrote:

As somebody who lives on the island, and who has spent my entire life coming here (granted, only 31 years compared to your family’s 50+), I can agree that flooding has become notably worse. BUT, to the best of my recollection, it only became notably worse AFTER Sandy, which tells me that in our particular case, it’s more of a result from storm debris still clogging up the sewers (which were never flushed after the storm to clear away all of the sand and bay mud, plus whatever else is in there), and a shallower bay bottom thanks to all the displaced sand from the original beaches and dunes being flattened. I’d be willing to bet that if they actually flushed the sewers and were allowed to dredge the bay back to its pre-Sandy bottom, the seemingly increased flood events would drastically decline. But thanks to all kinds of government red tape, talk of dredging the bay is pretty much pointless.

Just my opinion, though Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:17 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-wnbc-meteorologist-frank-field-dies-at-age-100/ar-AA1dl2Te?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9db5d2728976410298a4723389fcece2&ei=54

I remember Frank Field from back in the 1960's.Iconic Tri State Met.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: