NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NJ Strong Member Requests

Go down

NJ Strong Member Requests Empty NJ Strong Member Requests

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Hello members, 

I am all about improving this place for you. If there is something you feel is necessary to the forum please post your idea in here and I will evaluate and see what I can do. Whether it be a technical issue, design, a certain rule, whatever it is I want to hear about it. Feedback is the only way I will know how to make this forum better and hopefully attract more people from the Tri-state area! 

Best,

Frank

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

NJ Strong Member Requests Empty Re: NJ Strong Member Requests

Post by GLaz on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi Frank,

When using the mobile version of the website, there does not seem to be a way to skip ahead pages, or go directly to the last page of a topic. When you click into a topic, you have to click 'Next' through all the pages to get to the last one. Is there a way that can be changed to match the regular site?

Great site, always very informative!

Thanks.

GLaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Frank,

When using the mobile version of the website, there does not seem to be a way to skip ahead pages, or go directly to the last page of a topic. When you click into a topic, you have to click 'Next' through all the pages to get to the last one. Is there a way that can be changed to match the regular site?

Thanks.

Well you may notice that page 2 of a thread in the URL contains p15, page 3 contains p30, page 4 contains 45 and so on. What I do is I look at how many replies there are, subtract 30 and then figure out the nearest multiple of 15 and that will get you to within the last 2 pages or so. For example, if a thread has 484 replies, go to page 2 (at which point it will say p15, then delete the 15. When you subtract 30 from 484, you get 454. The nearest multiple of 15 is 450 so put 450 in place of 15 and you'll be near the recent posts.

At least that's what I do on my mobile/tablet device.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Analog96 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Make it easier to copy and paste images.

Most other boards you can just copy an image by right clicking or CTRL C and then right click or CTRL V and paste it in.

That doesn't work here.

Analog96
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Frank,

Thanks.

This has been addressed Thumbs up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Make it easier to copy and paste images.

Most other boards you can just copy an image by right clicking or CTRL C and then right click or CTRL V and paste it in.

That doesn't work here.

Just right click and copy the link to the image and paste it into the "insert image icon" in the toolbar

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by GLaz on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 am

Yes! Many thanks Frank. Works perfectly now! Have a great weekend and enjoy tracking these next two storms!

GLaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:49 pm

I noticed that the pages now have 25 posts rather than 15 posts like they used to. Well, when I am on a tablet or smartphone and click on last page, it takes me only 5/3rds (or 25/15th the way there because it assumes the old url. Just something I wanted to point out.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm

Thanks Mike, will look to change that.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 pm

How about now?

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 am

Fixed! Thank you Frank Very Happy

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru