NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Day Weekend Weather

5 posters

Go down

Labor Day Weekend Weather  Empty Labor Day Weekend Weather

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Rain Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday morning. A stalling cold front is going to sweep through the area. What a crummy way to end the summer. Oh well Sad

Anyone doing anything special?
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Weekend Weather  Empty Re: Labor Day Weekend Weather

Post by docstox12 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Ugh, what a bummer.Feel bad for the Jersey Shore businesses trying to make up for a tough season as a result of Sandy.

Won't be doing much outdoors if this forecast holds up.Hope everybody has a great Labor Day inspite of the weather.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Well at least Friday and Saturday we will stay dry....With the front not pushing in until late Saturday early Sunday, hopefully enough Northerners will slowly make their way down for two days......But the Euro wants to drop around a inch and a half to two inches of rain in the Sunday-Tuesday period keeping the heaviest convection from the front stalled along the coast giving us the heaviest accumulations....
Labor Day Weekend Weather  Ecmwf_13
At least after this weekend, my friends and I will have the beach to ourselves. Us locals get a extra month of summer down here... lol
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:00 pm

UGGHHHH - have two bbcue's Sunday - one for my softball team over 35 league championship (1st time and we beat a bunch a twenty somethings - they were frickin pissed but wisdom prevailed - I am still recovering from these games a week later!!)- and one up in the boon docks of NWNJ - Monday have a tix to see the Rockland Boulders. Weather has been crummy up here in NNJ these past few days - muggy an cloudy.

Ace - us northerners maybe visiting you and your boys this week since many schools up here don't start until Mon. 9/9 - 1st time ever due to the Jewish holiday on the Thurs. and Fri. - so don't get to comfy yet! But I hear you, I love going to the shore (Belmar) in Sept - the beaches are quiet and clean and the water is warm and clean. How is soccer going kid?

Have a great weekend everyone and hopefully the front will either stall further west or push through faster.

Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Heading home Saturday...took a ride up 35 to Pt Pleasant today, glad to see the boardwalk so busy up there..it is so quiet here in Seaside. Couldn't believe all the work that still needs to be done in the area from Ortley to Mantoloking...so sad....finally got a little sun today but very windy. Hoping for one more good beach day tomorrow before we head home. No plans for the rest of the weekend except 2 weeks worth of laundry! Lol
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum