NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 18 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mikeypizano Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

The sooner this horrible winter is over the happier I will be. Nothing like spending around 11 hours trying to clean up the sloppy mess we got here... 6 inches of snow, changed to rain, then compacted down to maybe 2.5 inches of slushy slop... another half inch of snow after it changed over... then flash freeze. My snow blower froze up on me, so the chute is completely stuck... My boots were soaked all day, not to mention the rest of me was from spending a few hours in the rain...

BRING ON SPRING!!!

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 18 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by heehaw453 Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
heehaw453 wrote:Models will probably tease us for next week.  12Z CMC shows a 981 mb potent storm on benchmark with negative tilt to it backing up the flow.  This would be for next Wednesday 1/30.

And the theme this winter is it's always, "add 7 days to the current day out looks really good. It won't by next Monday.

7 Days minimum. The ensembles are usually 10 days out for perfect pattern recognition. -NAO, +PNA -OSI, MJO phase 8 into the COD, etc. etc. LOL

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception is a funny thing. If I told anybody on this board that they were guaranteed 96" of snow for a season, they'd probably snap my hand off taking it. But here's the catch: What if it meant 4 months of getting .8" of snow every night that melts away the following morning? Now that 96" of snow is one of the worst winters ever regardless of what the numbers said.

If I'm out of line, then delete this or ban me or whatever. I know we're all individuals with our own opinions and motivations, but to see a guy like Ray come on the board and apologize for letting people down when others are throwing their backsides because they're not getting what they want makes me sick. I get the idea of gallows humor, but for me there comes a point where enough is enough. Add me to the list of people needing a break. /rant

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 pm

TheAresian wrote:Perception is a funny thing. If I told anybody on this board that they were guaranteed 96" of snow for a season, they'd probably snap my hand off taking it. But here's the catch: What if it meant 4 months of getting .8" of snow every night that melts away the following morning? Now that 96" of snow is one of the worst winters ever regardless of what the numbers said.

If I'm out of line, then delete this or ban me or whatever. I know we're all individuals with our own opinions and motivations, but to see a guy like Ray come on the board and apologize for letting people down when others are throwing their backsides because they're not getting what they want makes me sick. I get the idea of gallows humor, but for me there comes a point where enough is enough. Add me to the list of people needing a break. /rant

Nor do 2 or 3 big storms make it a winter :p
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Sadly this also happens in real life and not weather life. OK. This winter is horrible. The Giants and Jets were horrible. Maybe the Mets and or Yankees can be good this year. Maybe next winter will be nice. Hopefully and far more importantly, we and our families all remain healthy or get healthy in 2019. Life goes on. This should all be taken with a grain of fun (unless the weather is life threatening).
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Grselig wrote:Sadly this also happens in real life and not weather life.  OK. This winter is horrible. The Giants and Jets were horrible.  Maybe the Mets and or Yankees can be good this year.  Maybe next winter will be nice.  Hopefully and far more importantly, we and our families all remain healthy or get healthy in 2019.    Life goes on.  This should all be taken with a grain of fun (unless the weather is life threatening).

You forgot to add that the Knicks are even worse than usual. I can't even watch them anymore.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:Sadly this also happens in real life and not weather life.  OK. This winter is horrible. The Giants and Jets were horrible.  Maybe the Mets and or Yankees can be good this year.  Maybe next winter will be nice.  Hopefully and far more importantly, we and our families all remain healthy or get healthy in 2019.    Life goes on.  This should all be taken with a grain of fun (unless the weather is life threatening).

You forgot to add that the Knicks are even worse than usual. I can't even watch them anymore.

They're tanking for a shot at Zion. Porzingis and Zion on the same team would be scary.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:13 pm

TheAresian wrote:Perception is a funny thing. If I told anybody on this board that they were guaranteed 96" of snow for a season, they'd probably snap my hand off taking it. But here's the catch: What if it meant 4 months of getting .8" of snow every night that melts away the following morning? Now that 96" of snow is one of the worst winters ever regardless of what the numbers said.

Depends on what happens after the 96 inches lol. I can't stand when we get a 15 inch snowstorm and that night winds up being 50 degree and 60 the next day. Within a day all of a sudden there's like 3 inches left. A few years back it happened where we had a winter that wasn't the greatest and one storm brought everyone's totals to season norms, to only melt like the next 2 days.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 pm

HectorO wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

They're tanking for a shot at Zion. Porzingis and Zion on the same team would be scary.

It would be awesome, the only problem is the worst record, second worst and third worst record all give them a 14% shot at Zion. The NBA has to fix the lottery again this year like when they got Patrick.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:01 am

THIS IS JUST CRAZY..IT'S WINTER FOR GOODNESS SAKES...I AM NOT PRONE TO TEMPER TANTRUMS..BUT I AM THROWING ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRR...CAN WE NOT CATCH A BREAK.....My creek is frozen over the air has a chill and we are now going to have flooding rain and then the storms for next week look CRAPPY TOO...THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am

weatherwatchermom wrote: THIS IS JUST CRAZY..IT'S WINTER FOR GOODNESS SAKES...I AM NOT PRONE TO TEMPER TANTRUMS..BUT I AM THROWING ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRR...CAN WE NOT CATCH A BREAK.....My creek is frozen over the air has a chill and we are now going to have flooding rain and then the storms for next week look CRAPPY TOO...THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
I know how you feel believe me. I've been a weather hobbyist since 1976. I can handle a snowless winter with mild temperatures and rain, but this cold/dry to warm/rain wash rinse and repeat pattern is the ultimate torture. its a tough pattern to break. its getting to the point where I'm just hoping for one large snowstorm and call it a winter.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 am

Its done I am waving the flag for spring. Flash flood watch tomorrow next week rain 2x forget it lets just get warm for good. Not usually a person to say that but there's a breaking point.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am

What have we done to deserve this? Mad Mad Mad
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:54 am

Time to burn those new snowblowers you guys got! KOD! I'm starting to feel moldy with all the rain we've had over the last year.... it real is torture watching storm by storm go by WARM!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:52 am

I’m back for one last post

Ive been banned from the forum for a week due to too much negativity. I asked for it. This winter is just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. A few of you have pm’d me offering support and I say thank you.

It’s been two months of “just wait a few more days” only to never work out. It’s grinded on us all but....

I really don’t appreciate the rudeness directed at me personally by a few people. In private no problem but in public not cool. Stay safe and healthy folks. I’m done.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:01 am

You guys think you have it bad? Try not making much money... I had 2 storms all season... WHOOOP DEEEE FRIIIICKEN DOOOO! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Anyone have some scotch? I need a damn drink...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 am

syosnow94 wrote:I’m back for one last post

Ive been banned from the forum for a week due to too much negativity. I asked for it.  This winter is just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. A few of you have pm’d me offering support and I say thank you.

It’s been two months of “just wait a few more days” only to never work out. It’s grinded on us all but....

I really don’t appreciate the rudeness directed at me personally by a few people. In private no problem but in public not cool.  Stay safe and healthy folks.  I’m done.

James,

Please message me in private with examples of people attacking your personally. We do not allow that here.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am

Frank_Wx wrote:

Ive been banned from the forum for a week due to too much negativity. I asked for it.  This winter is just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. A few of you have pm’d me offering support and I say thank you.

I really don’t appreciate the rudeness directed at me personally by a few people. In private no problem but in public not cool.  Stay safe and healthy folks.  I’m done.

James,

Please message me in private with examples of people attacking your personally. We do not allow that here.

Oooooooooh they gunna get banned! Very Happy
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 am

i'm honestly very shocked by this. it's always the same consistent posters here so i can't imagine who would do this
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:04 am

jmanley32 wrote:Its done I am waving the flag for spring. Flash flood watch tomorrow next week rain 2x forget it lets just get warm for good. Not usually a person to say that but there's a breaking point.

I get the frustration, but rooting for warm weather for good in January would be catastrophic for the planet and would mean we've really F'd things up for good. Hopefully that never happens.

WTS this weather pattern really does suck big time.

However I am happy to have a nice snow cover the last several days, I'm not sure how long it lasts through the nest two days of rain.

To me winters get their good grades through sustained snow cover. I need at least 60 days in the mid November through April1 period with snow cover or the winter is a bust IMO. The last 2 winters I've gone over that, 67 days last year and 84 days the year before. This winter I'm at 9 days, that's a sh!tty winter, at least so far.

One big storm that melts within the week would not help much, at least from my perspective.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 pm

One storm would make me happy but it needs be a doozy Godzilla or higher. Or prolonged cold with many mothras is fine too. But I just don't see it happening. Syo hang in there and whoever was knock you shame on them. I don't believe I ever attacked you. If I ever did I apologize in advance of Frank's purge lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Its done I am waving the flag for spring. Flash flood watch tomorrow next week rain 2x forget it lets just get warm for good. Not usually a person to say that but there's a breaking point.

I get the frustration, but rooting for warm weather for good in January would be catastrophic for the planet and would mean we've really F'd things up for good. Hopefully that never happens.

However I am happy to have a nice snow cover the last several days, I'm not sure how long it lasts through the nest two days of rain.

To me winters get their good grades through sustained snow cover. I need at least 60 days in the mid November through April1 period with snow cover or the winter is a bust IMO. The last 2 winters I've gone over that, 67 days last year and 84 days the year before. This winter I'm at 9 days, that's a sh!tty winter, at least so far.

One big storm that melts within the week would not help much, at least from my perspective.

For me, its how many days I am out cleaning up storms. I am with Jman but not to the extreme you mentioned. Just get mild at least, like 40s... No matter what happens now, this winter is a bust to me. I don't care if we get another big storm or two, 4 storms doesn't make it winter.

I know people here will disagree me, but I like clippers.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:41 pm

I re-posted this because my avatar blocked the old one.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

For me, its how many days I am out cleaning up storms. I am with Jman but not to the extreme you mentioned. Just get mild at least, like 40s... No matter what happens now, this winter is a bust to me. I don't care if we get another big storm or two, 4 storms doesn't make it winter.

So we know now what we have always suspected. You could care less about winter if you can't make money off of it plowing snow. Sustained cold, snow cover mean nothing to you unless you can plow every other day.

You sir are a plowist, in many ways that's worse than being a warmacist. You work in stealth mode pretending at times to enjoy winter but only if you can have lots of little storms just big enough to plow, that you could care less if they melt a few days later.

Enjoy your day Plowist, and don't forget to wear your Winter sucks Tshirt at the next Plowist get together.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by adamfitz1969 Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 pm

I dont think i have ever seen so many people bitterly weeping in my life, you have two whole months left....and to think some of you are students of meteorology.

adamfitz1969

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:55 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

So we know now what we have always suspected. You could care less about winter if you can't make money off of it plowing snow. Sustained cold, snow cover mean nothing to you unless you can plow every other day.

You sir are a plowist, in many ways that's worse than being a warmacist. You work in stealth mode pretending at times to enjoy winter but only if you can have lots of little storms just big enough to plow, that you could care less if they melt a few days later.

Enjoy your day Plowist, and don't forget to wear your Winter sucks Tshirt at the next Plowist get together.

Woah there buddy.......... Just because I make money off snow don't mean I don't like it cold and snow covered...

All I am saying, if it ain't going to be snowing, I rather get stuff done that I didn't get a chance to do with all the constant rain last year. My shed was never cleaned for example...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm

I was away from my computer this morning.  I am saddened. Very saddened that the the sacredness of  snow has been compromised by the Green.  We are in the Great Warmcession of 2019.  Its memories and pain will last a lifetime and our children will tell their grandchildren who will recite to their grandchildren legend of this horrible time.   Plowicist.  Warmacist.  The true evils of mankind.  They are making this worse.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum