Banter Thread 5.0

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Really glad to hear about your health Al Smile


_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive - Cranford, NJ
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018: 35"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 18666
Reputation : 277
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 27
Location : Cranford, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:29 pm

I agree with Frank. On another note, I can't believe I am uttering these words like I know what I am talking about but...a positive NAO is coming? I even know what NAO means thanks to the board. Stuff is sinking in.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by frank 638 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Hey everyone I hope everyone is having a great summer so far I am on vacation with my girl and family we are in Aruba staying at the riu palace .the weather over here is excellent everyday it's always windy warm and dry nothing but Sunshine

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1945
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 36
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm

I guess it is time for a winter forecast thread?

https://www.globalweatheroscillations.com/2020-winter-predictions

Look at this. a prediction we are entering a 30-40 year cooling period much like the early 40's to early 70's. I remember my parents telling me how cold it was then but I also remember the very early 70's as being a bust until the late 70's when it came to snow.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:24 pm

I forgot to say Mugs will like this article. It discusses solar activity, and more, and it claims Greenland ice pack is getting thicker, and the polar regions are getting cooler.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Quietace on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:34 am

How is everyone doing?

_________________
Ryan
B.S. Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Graduate Meteorology Student at Florida State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3600
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 22
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by docstox12 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:46 pm

FWIW

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/farmers-almanac-winter-weather-predictions-161600007.html

Some early trees here changing color, 49 degrees predicted for tonight and the Framer's Almanac makes it's winter prediction.Labor Day next week.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6681
Reputation : 167
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:09 pm

Doc, I’m going all in for a cold winter a-là 2013-14but with no proof. I’m just feeling it.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by docstox12 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 pm

dkodgis wrote:Doc, I’m going all in for a cold winter a-là 2013-14but with no proof. I’m just feeling it.

Sounds good to me Damian!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6681
Reputation : 167
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by essexcountypete on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Can anyone recommend a website where I can find detailed pressure and humidity data from the past week? TIA!

My wife had a wicked headache that began Thursday night and only dissipated in the last 24 hours. Her doctor said many people had the same complaints and she suggested it may be dry sinuses, possibly related to the change in barometric pressure. Seems reasonable, especially since the humidity dropped as well. I gave her my link to the WU graphic 10-day forecast, since it's a easy glance to check pressure and humidity looking forward, but she wanted to look back at the data from last week to see how it tracked with her symptoms.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 438
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Pete,

If you go to WU and try to find a personal weather station near you, they will have local historical weather. Maybe there's a weather station at Lincoln Park airport?

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019      25.10"

Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3957
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 57
Location : Westwood, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by essexcountypete on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks Janet, I clicked on the History tab and there it is, day by day! cheers
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 438
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by nutleyblizzard on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am

I'll be heading down to Wildwood/Cape May for a few days next week. Hope that Dorian doesn't pay me a visit. Ugh. pale
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1586
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2014-01-30
Age : 53
Location : Nutley, new jersey

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Yeah no clue if he will become a threat to the area at this point.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 15876
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 38
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:22 pm

lol!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 397c9f10

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
"In weather and in life, theres no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" (First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)
Nov 15th 3.00"
Feb 12th 2.75"
Feb 20th 0.75”
Feb 28th 0.25"
March 2nd 3.5"
March 3rd-4th 4.00"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6275
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by skinsfan1177 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Looking goodBanter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 13908710
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 4347
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 41
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 pm

Wow
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 15876
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 38
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:00 am

How lucky is Puerto Rico this time around.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:40 am

dkodgis wrote:How lucky is Puerto Rico this time around.
Why do you guys keep posting in banter? This is all relavent to the hurricane, was just curious.  Especially the radar image above.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 15876
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 38
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:44 am

You are right. I was not paying attention, speaking for myself. Thank you for pointing this out.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 949
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by GreyBeard on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:40 pm

sroc4 wrote:lol!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 397c9f10




More like the Chuck Bore Us of meteorologists. You gotta love the way TWC stages their live reports. Today they had Jim Canboreme on a sunny day,standing on a seawall with goggles and full rain gear, rocking back and forth in the spray as the waves battered the seawall, giving his report. Really? Reminded me of last years fiasco of Mike Sidell furiously attempting to maintain his balance while reporting on a hurricane as two guys are calmly strolling by in the background casually talking on their cellphones. Rolling Eyes No

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 424
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-12
Location : Eastern Nassau County

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Math23x7 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:18 am

Back in 2014, I went to a weather conference in Maryland and one of the speakers was Josh Morgerman, a well known storm chaser, especially in hurricanes. In his talk there, he mentioned that being from Long Island, what got him into weather was Hurricane Belle in 1976. Being fascinated by it, he hoped to experience the thrill of a hurricane again. He got it nine years later, when Hurricane Gloria hit. His parents blamed him for the destruction since he wishcasted it. At any rate, not too long after, he would be storm chasing for many known hurricanes. The storm he discussed in great detail was the November 2013 super Typhoon that struck the Philippines (named Haiyan/Yolanda). He mentioned that that was the most intense hurricane he had been through.

Well, the past couple of days, he has been in the Bahamas for Hurricane Dorian. What was really scary was there was no communication from him on social media from Sunday all the way through Tuesday afternoon. And in his post from Tuesday afternoon, he mentioned that Dorian, without question, tops any other cyclone he's been through (including the aforementioned Philippines Super Typhoon). I mean, a Category 5 hurricane stalling over the Bahamas for days? It sure is hard to take in. And the pictures and videos that have surfaced from both during and after the storm and heartbreaking. Just total destruction. Sad

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2181
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:02 am

Math23x7 wrote:Back in 2014, I went to a weather conference in Maryland and one of the speakers was Josh Morgerman, a well known storm chaser, especially in hurricanes.  In his talk there, he mentioned that being from Long Island, what got him into weather was Hurricane Belle in 1976.  Being fascinated by it, he hoped to experience the thrill of a hurricane again.  He got it nine years later, when Hurricane Gloria hit.  His parents blamed him for the destruction since he wishcasted it.  At any rate, not too long after, he would be storm chasing for many known hurricanes.  The storm he discussed in great detail was the November 2013 super Typhoon that struck the Philippines (named Haiyan/Yolanda).  He mentioned that that was the most intense hurricane he had been through.  

Well, the past couple of days, he has been in the Bahamas for Hurricane Dorian.  What was really scary was there was no communication from him on social media from Sunday all the way through Tuesday afternoon.  And in his post from Tuesday afternoon, he mentioned that Dorian, without question, tops any other cyclone he's been through (including the aforementioned Philippines Super Typhoon).  I mean, a Category 5 hurricane stalling over the Bahamas for days?  It sure is hard to take in.   And the pictures and videos that have surfaced from both during and after the storm and heartbreaking.  Just total destruction. Sad
how did he survive wasn't most of the island under like 20 ft of water?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 15876
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 38
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:03 am

GreyBeard wrote:
sroc4 wrote:lol!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 397c9f10
ahaha yes I saw that standing right in the edge to get hit by the spray. It actually wasn't sunny and did rain at one of but yeah totally did that for effect.




More like the Chuck Bore Us of meteorologists. You gotta love the way TWC stages their live reports. Today they had Jim Canboreme on a sunny day,standing on a seawall with goggles and full rain gear,  rocking back and forth in the spray as the waves battered the seawall, giving his report. Really? Reminded me of last years fiasco of Mike Sidell furiously attempting to maintain his balance while reporting on a hurricane as two guys are calmly strolling by in the background casually talking on their cellphones. Rolling Eyes No
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 15876
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 38
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:38 am

jmanley32 wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Back in 2014, I went to a weather conference in Maryland and one of the speakers was Josh Morgerman, a well known storm chaser, especially in hurricanes.  In his talk there, he mentioned that being from Long Island, what got him into weather was Hurricane Belle in 1976.  Being fascinated by it, he hoped to experience the thrill of a hurricane again.  He got it nine years later, when Hurricane Gloria hit.  His parents blamed him for the destruction since he wishcasted it.  At any rate, not too long after, he would be storm chasing for many known hurricanes.  The storm he discussed in great detail was the November 2013 super Typhoon that struck the Philippines (named Haiyan/Yolanda).  He mentioned that that was the most intense hurricane he had been through.  

Well, the past couple of days, he has been in the Bahamas for Hurricane Dorian.  What was really scary was there was no communication from him on social media from Sunday all the way through Tuesday afternoon.  And in his post from Tuesday afternoon, he mentioned that Dorian, without question, tops any other cyclone he's been through (including the aforementioned Philippines Super Typhoon).  I mean, a Category 5 hurricane stalling over the Bahamas for days?  It sure is hard to take in.   And the pictures and videos that have surfaced from both during and after the storm and heartbreaking.  Just total destruction. Sad
how did he survive wasn't most of the island under like 20 ft of water?

You'll have to watch his tv show. Takes guts to do what he did.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1104
Reputation : 123
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 49
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum