NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+38
Taffy
aiannone
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
bloc1357
CPcantmeasuresnow
Scullybutcher
sabamfa
rb924119
lja
Irish
heehaw453
mikeypizano
Analog96
kalleg
Jack D.
Quietace
HectorO
algae888
nutleyblizzard
Frank_Wx
dkodgis
Math23x7
Snow88
Bkdude
brownie
sroc4
jimv45
GreyBeard
billg315
frank 638
docstox12
amugs
weatherwatchermom
mwilli
jmanley32
Grselig
Dunnzoo
42 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 26 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:53 am

jmanley32 wrote:I am really f'in pissed at some of you. I get chastised for complaining when things do not work out my way with snow (And this last storm I wasn't too happy with the outcome but I kept it i ncheck for the most part. But god forbid I make a thread alerting people of a event we all, including me do not like for xmas and I get pooped all over for it!! I thought we tracked one storm at atime? Well its a storm, and potentially impactful. I thought making a thread so people that did not want to see it did not have to but apparently certain people who will remain nameless go look anyways when they hate to think of it. Thats self mutilation that's not my fault, your self destructive. Its a free country yes but don't be hippocrits. Jesus.

Apologies JMan.  My comments were a bit of fun with no intent to harm. If they did, sorry.  Respect you too much otherwise!  It seems like a dangerous storm and we need to be aware.  Thats the frustrating part. Melting of our snow!  Happy Holidays

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:41 am

Grselig wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:I am really f'in pissed at some of you. I get chastised for complaining when things do not work out my way with snow (And this last storm I wasn't too happy with the outcome but I kept it i ncheck for the most part. But god forbid I make a thread alerting people of a event we all, including me do not like for xmas and I get pooped all over for it!! I thought we tracked one storm at atime? Well its a storm, and potentially impactful. I thought making a thread so people that did not want to see it did not have to but apparently certain people who will remain nameless go look anyways when they hate to think of it. Thats self mutilation that's not my fault, your self destructive. Its a free country yes but don't be hippocrits. Jesus.

Apologies JMan.  My comments were a bit of fun with no intent to harm. If they did, sorry.  Respect you too much otherwise!  It seems like a dangerous storm and we need to be aware.  Thats the frustrating part. Melting of our snow!  Happy Holidays
I totally missed the joke, and yes the melting of the snow does stink though its already almost gone here, most grass is showing and nothing but dirty piles left. It appeared to me that it was not trying to be nice, my apologies too.  Scott no explanation necessary, if it was a joke I do not get the humor on here lol

Last edited by jmanley32 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:45 am

So we'll have a ton of rain, melting snow, super wet streets that will most likely glaze over Christmas night into the 26th , and another even Tuesday or so... wow, a lot going on.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:15 am

jmanley32 wrote:
Grselig wrote:

I totally missed the joke, and yes the melting of the snow does stink though its already almost gone here, most grass is showing and nothing but dirty piles left. It appeared to me that it was not trying to be nice, my apologies too.  Scott no explanation necessary, if it was a joke I do not get the humor on here lol

The storm now needs to be watched. I really hate the fact that people may not have power, especially heat. Make it happen on one of most important times of year, and its a big bummer. As per Frank, potential for 70 mph winds is no joke. We still have some snow left on the lawn. Nice to look at. Wish we built a snowman. Peace.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:24 am

Grselig wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Grselig wrote:

The storm now needs to be watched.  I really hate the fact that people may not have power, especially heat.  Make it happen on one of most important times of year, and its a big bummer.  As per Frank, potential for 70 mph winds is no joke.  We still have some snow left on the lawn.  Nice to look at.  Wish we built a snowman.  Peace.
Yes but also you guys have to remember we got a big storm finally in Dec!! It does stink its gone as I said in other thread, but looking towards another possible threat for next week to lay down new gold, and it should be cold after this monster blows through (pun intended). Yeah I was actually surprised that I was right when Frank posted lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Grselig wrote:

Admittedly sometimes my jokes are subtle and sometimes they hit like a sledgehammer, and sometimes they're just not funny.

Obviously I setup the thread called "Boycott Jmans Christmas Eve Storm" as a joke. Saying you were honoring the storms was also a joke, and saying honoring this Christmas Eve storm with its own storm thread was like honoring Idi Amin, Pol Pot and Osama Bin Laden with a thread was also a joke. It was late, I was annoyed about this storm as I still am, and I think we smoothed things over last night. See what all you people miss when you go to bed before midnight.

Anyway on another subject, yes move to Mohegan Lake as I said in an earlier thread, that's the best idea you've ever had. My daughter lives there and I'll even help you find a place. They don't quite get the snowfall amounts we do in Orange County but you will do much better than you do in Yonkers in 85% of the storms. I guarantee it or your money back.

Peace.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:35 pm

I went to bed early,lol, CP and missed the to do.The internet is great in many ways, but if we were all together and kidded around with this, I know J Man would have seen the comedy you intended.You can't read eyes and body language on the internet, and that's how I made my living as a Dentist 25 years, reading people.I think we are all very disappointed at the loss of our White Christmas, and this storm will be the grinch that steals it.
Know Mohegan Lake and it is a beautiful place .They do well in the winter with snow compared to Bergen County for sure.It's a little more west than we are so these terrible cutoffs in recent years would give them less than us on S and E bias storms.Good advice for J Man.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm pretty sure he meant Mohegan Lake in Northern Westchester Doc.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:52 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I'm pretty sure he meant Mohegan Lake in Northern Westchester Doc.

LOL, I was thinking of Mohican Lake in Sussex County NJ.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:53 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I'm pretty sure he meant Mohegan Lake in Northern Westchester Doc.

Anyplace in Sussex would do far better than Yonkers too. That five mile square area seems to be where snow goes to die.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Back in the mid 80's, I owned two units in Great Gorge Village in Vernon, and there was always a lot more snow than Mahwah for sure.The ski resort was there and the slopes were snow covered by mid December, artificial or natural.Was at least 5 to 7 degrees colder than Mahwah.Route 94 goes right through it coming from Warwick.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Anyplace in Sussex would do far better than Yonkers too. That five mile square area seems to be where snow goes to die.
I really honestly thought you were serious, now I know. Yes I am sure if we were together be totally diff. Yes all is cool, i was pissed about something else too we won't get into. It was late and most people get weird after the witching hour. I hope for you and many upcoming snowstorms, even if it does not pan out for me. As i said a while back this year I am taking a different stance in snow and realizing I libve in a strange area (I wish I knew why geographically it is so diffeerent than nearby areas) is it the 81 ft above sea level it sits? I mean some of our buildings are higher than that, and some hills I know are, Yonkers is also known as the San Francisco of the east coast with its extreme hills, dunno if you have been here but its bad. that Nov. snowstorm yes everyone was stuck but Yonkers was one of the worst some being stuck 18 hrs to go a few miles. My wife got stuck for 12 and somehow kept a antsy 5 yr old calm and herself calm and with gas light on and no food or water. She finally told me she was about a mile away so I hiked on the then awful icing as it had turned to rain to get to get and we went on a sneaky back trail ride to get home. She would have sat all night a tractor trailor was stuck on a hill. So many abandoned vehilces even in the middle of the cross county parkway!! That was one storm ill never forget, poor kids on busses no parental communication possible deficating on themselves starving, some passing out it was horrific.

On a secondary note I dunno if any of you saw the horrible accident (no a tragedy) that happened last night a police chace of 110mph hit a car of 4 teens split it in half exploded and honesstly I do not want to think what those kids looked like if they were even, well, whole...they had the blurry crash on video from the gas station, it was the most awful thing other than horror movie ive ever seen. To make things worse our friends son was friends with all of them. the driver that was being chased was also killed. So putting this into perspective that is a far worse Christmas calamity than a windstorm, those poor parents with the PS5 under the tree, im honestly tearing up right now I can't.

Thirdy my daughters best friend was just admitted to Westchester Childrens Hospital acute unit, 7 years old has a mass in her stomach. No updates as of now. Very sad, 2020 can go you no where.

Sorry had to get that stuff off my shoulders to someone.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Jman I was born in Yonkers lived there on Nepperhan Ave went to school 22 was there from 1974-1982 moved when I was 8 but still had family there until 2007! Know those hills well.

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:19 pm

jimv45 wrote:Jman I was born in Yonkers lived there on Nepperhan Ave went to school 22 was there from 1974-1982 moved when I was 8 but still had family there until 2007! Know those hills well.

I too am a former resident having spent the first 35 yrs. of life as a yonkeer?lol. Lived right off Rumsey Road. In fact tomorrow is the anniversary of the very first time I ever got drunk. My buddy stole a bottle of rye from his father and 3 of us drank the quart straight from the bottle. It was a blinding snowstorm, and honestly I don't even remember how I got home. Was about 12 or 13 at the time. Sick for 3 days. To this day I can't even smell the stuff without getting that queasy feeling.

I do remember quite a number of good to great snowstorms growing up and am always surprised at your complaint of the lack of them. I too recommend Dunwoodie golf course as a sledding spot, giant hill facing the cross county parkway, and if it ever gets cold enough for any extended period of time, we spent many an afternoon ice skating at Tibbets Brook park. Cheers.

Edit, did see news of that crash on Riverdale Ave. Just horrific. Can't imagine what those families are going through. As for your daughters friend, prayers and hope that she gets through this. A 7 yr. old kid shouldn't ever be in a situation like this, if there was ever a need for a Christmas miracle, one should be sent her way.

Last edited by GreyBeard on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Yes been to Tibbets many times growing up and taking that short ride to Playland. Yes back in the day Yonkers was a good spot for Snowstorms now it seems to have changed!! That crash was horrific just so sad, but speeding seems to be a problem there.

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:01 pm

J Man, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and will pray for her.
Was it necessary for those cops do do a high speed chase in a crowded area? I am sure they got the plates and could have tracked the guy down.Then again, I am not law enforcement .
Greybeard ,loved that story the first time you got plastered,LOL.I was about 13 or 14 when my parents went to play bridge.I did shots of scotch and was rip roaring.Didn't do anything steady until my frat days in the early 70.s. During those days, if I went to a doctor for tests he would have said to me "your alcohol is 5% blood"!
CP, my Hudson Valley pal, this rainstorm is a punch in the gut.Maybe we can squeeze out a coating just to have the feeling of a white Christmas.Anyway, we were lucky to get this recent snowstorm, everything has been cutting to our west since early November!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:10 pm

docstox12 wrote:J Man, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and will pray for her.
Was it necessary for those cops do do a high speed chase in a crowded area? I am sure they got the plates and could have tracked the guy down.Then again, I am not law enforcement .
Greybeard ,loved that story the first time you got plastered,LOL.I was about 13 or 14 when my parents went to play bridge.I did shots of scotch and was rip roaring.Didn't do anything steady until my frat days in the early 70.s. During those days, if I went  to a doctor for tests he would have said to me "your alcohol is 5% blood"!
CP, my Hudson Valley pal, this rainstorm is a punch in the gut.Maybe we can squeeze out a coating just to have the feeling of a white Christmas.Anyway, we were lucky to get this recent snowstorm, everything has been cutting to our west since early November!
actually turns out after the stop he sped off at 110mph and they did not pursue, street camera proves they were a good 15 seconds behind him without lights and going very slow.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:29 pm

Jman sorry about your daughter's best friend hope for the best!!

Last edited by jimv45 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:35 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:J Man, sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and will pray for her.
Greybeard ,loved that story the first time you got plastered,LOL.I was about 13 or 14 when my parents went to play bridge.I did shots of scotch and was rip roaring.Didn't do anything steady until my frat days in the early 70.s. During those days, if I went  to a doctor for tests he would have said to me "your alcohol is 5% blood"!
actually turns out after the stop he sped off at 110mph and they did not pursue, street camera proves they were a good 15 seconds behind him without lights and going very slow.

I am glad there are cameras to show that the police were not aggressively persuing.The guy must have had a record a mile long for him to bolt like that.So sorry this awful tragedy happened.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:37 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

I really honestly thought you were serious, now I know. Yes I am sure if we were together be totally diff. Yes all is cool, i was pissed about something else too we won't get into.  It was late and most people get weird after the witching hour.  I hope for you and many upcoming snowstorms, even if it does not pan out for me.  As i said a while back this year I am taking a different stance in snow and realizing I libve in a strange area (I wish I knew why geographically it is so diffeerent than nearby areas) is it the 81 ft above sea level it sits? I mean some of our buildings are higher than that, and some hills I know are, Yonkers is also known as the San Francisco of the east coast with its extreme hills, dunno if you have been here but its bad. that Nov. snowstorm yes everyone was stuck but Yonkers was one of the worst some being stuck 18 hrs to go a few miles.  My wife got stuck for 12 and somehow kept a antsy 5 yr old calm and herself calm and with gas light on and no food or water.  She finally told me she was about a mile away so I hiked on the then awful icing as it had turned to rain to get to get and we went on a sneaky back trail ride to get home.  She would have sat all night a tractor trailor was stuck on a hill. So many abandoned vehilces even in the middle of the cross county parkway!! That was one storm ill never forget, poor kids on busses no parental communication possible deficating on themselves starving, some passing out it was horrific.

On a secondary note I dunno if any of you saw the horrible accident (no a tragedy) that happened last night a police chace of 110mph hit a car of 4 teens split it in half exploded and honesstly I do not want to think what those kids looked like if they were even, well, whole...they had the blurry crash on video from the gas station, it was the most awful thing other than horror movie ive ever seen. To make things worse our friends son was friends with all of them. the driver that was being chased was also killed.  So putting this into perspective that is a far worse Christmas calamity than a windstorm, those poor parents with the PS5 under the tree, im honestly tearing up right now I can't.

Thirdy my daughters best friend was just admitted to Westchester Childrens Hospital acute unit, 7 years old has a mass in her stomach. No updates as of now.  Very sad, 2020 can go you no where.

Sorry had to get that stuff off my shoulders to someone.

Thoughts are with your friends daughter and family. Scary.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Seen that video from the gas station from that crash boy that was insane!! There looks to be a car behind the one that pulled out and got struck, they have to be counting there lucky stars!!!

Last edited by jimv45 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:55 pm

It's killing me Doc, but stoic individual that I am, I hide my pain from the forum.

I've tried to contain my complaints about this impending weather disaster to once every hour, but even that's getting hard to do.

One serious note Jman and that's about your friends daughter. I shall say a prayer for her also as I'm sure many on the forum will. That's heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for the best, keep us updated. This misreable year only has 8 days left.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Here, here. God bless that child.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:15 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

It's killing me Doc, but stoic individual that I am, I hide my pain from the forum.

I've tried to contain my complaints about this impending weather disaster to once every hour, but even that's getting hard to do.

One serious note Jman and that's about your friends daughter. I shall say a prayer for her also as I'm sure many on the forum will. That's heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for the best, keep us updated. This misreable year only has 8 days left.
I started to read this and get a little worked up cuz it was in response to the senitive issues I am enduring but then you slick guy come in with ur i guess weird sense of humor, yes I stole xmas and bah humbug. Its so terrible in like 5 plus ways.  Snow included though sorry thats not top of my list right now. Ellie is her name so you know who I am talking about had to go under today and have a laproscopic biopsy on a lump above her belly button, she has also been having bad stomach aches. She spoke to I think another friend today and told them she wasn't feeling too good, what a strong girl.  I hope it isn't what I think it may be and that would be the "C" word. Your prayers are appreciated, I know the family well myself, they can only visit Ellie one at a time and each has to vacate the hospital entirely before the other can enter. Can you imagine the mess they must be. God hope nothing happens and they both cannot be there.  I pray all will be okay, let this be the girl who saves xmas.

Wait did I hallucinate? I could have sworn I read a very sarchastic but I know joking statement from you.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:20 pm

No seriously CP, did you change your last comment? I need to know that my mind isnt that blown, I know I am in such dispair about so many things right now but if I am seeing things I need to seek immediate alcohol...lmao
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:24 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I started to read this and get a little worked up cuz it was in response to the senitive issues I am enduring but then you slick guy come in with ur i guess weird sense of humor, yes I stole xmas and bah humbug. Its so terrible in like 5 plus ways.  Snow included though sorry thats not top of my list right now. Ellie is her name so you know who I am talking about had to go under today and have a laproscopic biopsy on a lump above her belly button, she has also been having bad stomach aches. She spoke to I think another friend today and told them she wasn't feeling too good, what a strong girl.  I hope it isn't what I think it may be and that would be the "C" word. Your prayers are appreciated, I know the family well myself, they can only visit Ellie one at a time and each has to vacate the hospital entirely before the other can enter. Can you imagine the mess they must be. God hope nothing happens and they both cannot be there.  I pray all will be okay, let this be the girl who saves xmas.

Wait did I hallucinate? I could have sworn I read a very sarchastic but I know joking statement from you.

You're not seeing things, I did write something in my offbeat way, again just trying to be funny but then reconsidered and realized the timing wasn't right.

Such an awful story, I hope there's a happy ending. Snow isn't a blip on the radar when it comes to things like this.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:40 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

You're not seeing things, I did write something in my offbeat way, again just trying to be funny but then reconsidered and realized the timing wasn't right.

Such an awful story, I hope there's a happy ending. Snow isn't a blip on the radar when it comes to things like this.
It is all good sir, I saw it anyways but I had a feeling it was as you say your offbeat humor. I gotta meet you someday. BTW are you 100 years old in dog years or human? LOL
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum