NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by algae888 Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Models did a great job with this storm. Widespread 12 to 24" with 30" jackpot. am really impressed with the new gfs. Most consistent model
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 5222
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 58
Location : mt. vernon, new york

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:Frank look at the radar looks like im on the top end of a dry slot, is this not a good radar to use? Which do you use, i do not see a lot headed this way in fact south of us i dont see much.

https://radar.weather.gov/?settings=v1_eyJhZ2VuZGEiOnsiaWQiOiJsb2NhbCIsImNlbnRlciI6Wy03NC4xMTgsNDAuNzU4XSwiem9vbSI6OCwiZmlsdGVyIjoiV1NSLTg4RCIsImxheWVyIjoiYnJlZl9yYXciLCJzdGF0aW9uIjoiS09LWCIsInRyYW5zcGFyZW50Ijp0cnVlLCJhbGVydHNPdmVybGF5Ijp0cnVlLCJzdGF0aW9uSWNvbnNPdmVybGF5Ijp0cnVlfSwiYmFzZSI6InN0YW5kYXJkIiwiY291bnR5IjpmYWxzZSwiY3dhIjpmYWxzZSwic3RhdGUiOmZhbHNlLCJtZW51Ijp0cnVlLCJzaG9ydEZ1c2VkT25seSI6dHJ1ZX0%3D#/

That radar is crap.

You need to use both of these. Key word is both.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Kphla_h.gif
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Knyca_h.gif

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 19989
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Vinnydula Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Slowing down I would say I'm around 17to19

How much more are we expecting?
Vinnydula
Vinnydula
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 770
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Dobbs ferry

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:Frank look at the radar looks like im on the top end of a dry slot, is this not a good radar to use? Which do you use, i do not see a lot headed this way in fact south of us i dont see much.

https://radar.weather.gov/?settings=v1_eyJhZ2VuZGEiOnsiaWQiOiJsb2NhbCIsImNlbnRlciI6Wy03NC4xMTgsNDAuNzU4XSwiem9vbSI6OCwiZmlsdGVyIjoiV1NSLTg4RCIsImxheWVyIjoiYnJlZl9yYXciLCJzdGF0aW9uIjoiS09LWCIsInRyYW5zcGFyZW50Ijp0cnVlLCJhbGVydHNPdmVybGF5Ijp0cnVlLCJzdGF0aW9uSWNvbnNPdmVybGF5Ijp0cnVlfSwiYmFzZSI6InN0YW5kYXJkIiwiY291bnR5IjpmYWxzZSwiY3dhIjpmYWxzZSwic3RhdGUiOmZhbHNlLCJtZW51Ijp0cnVlLCJzaG9ydEZ1c2VkT25seSI6dHJ1ZX0%3D#/

That radar is crap.

You need to use both of these. Key word is both.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Kphla_h.gif
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Knyca_h.gif
sure is crap, i think however it was posted on here a long time ago by someone, i do not usually find my own. thanks much better i see and yes both cuz i fall in a weird spot where i need both. wish i could paste them together. i see yes much still coming. latest reports from about 3:30 in my area art 13-14 inches but i think Al is more on ot with 16 as i measured 13 many hours ago.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by algae888 Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Even though echos lightened. Keep getting steady mod snow. This from a met from another board as reason why.


"low level snow growth under the radar beam"
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 5222
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 58
Location : mt. vernon, new york

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:01 pm

@algae888 wrote:Even though echos lightened. Keep getting steady mod snow. This from a met from another board as reason why.


"low level snow growth under the radar beam"
pretty much stopped right now, i cant see as well as its get dark but i see radar looks like it will pick back up to moderate.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by algae888 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Bands are redeveloping over the ocean moving right thru metro nyc. Cpk should hit 20".
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 5222
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 58
Location : mt. vernon, new york

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:04 pm

Frank are those gifs or live radars, im look at time stamp and look like they from a hour ago, i cannot find the live radar
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by kalleg Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:05 pm

New Hope update: powdery snow, 8.5" on my driveway, brisk breeze; 32*

kalleg

Posts : 49
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-15
Location : New Hope, PA

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by algae888 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:07 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:
@algae888 wrote:Even though echos lightened. Keep getting steady mod snow. This from a met from another board as reason why.


"low level snow growth under the radar beam"
pretty much stopped right now, i cant see as well as its get dark but i see radar looks like it will pick back up to moderate.
Jman the intense rates are over for us. We Will see 1/2 to1" an hour rates for several more hours and we should end up with close to 20" not including tomorrow.  This is an historic storm enjoy it and stop always wanting to jackpot
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 5222
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 58
Location : mt. vernon, new york

AMD95 and Irish like this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Joe Snow Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Dry slot on Long Island................

Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 856
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 59
Location : Kings Park, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 pm

3-5 additional my WSW updated to which would put me on par with what the nam said pretty much which is 19-21. Spot on with the models at least leading up, not sure if I see anything tomorrow the WSW doesn't go past 6am.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Joe Snow Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 pm

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 2-1-2115
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 856
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 59
Location : Kings Park, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Mac003 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Frank.  I am in Clifton Passaic County. NWS says 5-8 for me overnight.  Is that a fair forecast or can I expect any heavy bands to set up that would give me more than that.  Thanks for all you and other so.  This forum is the best

Mac003

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-14
Location : Clifton, NJ

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:10 pm

So I just went out to perform a task that was equally futile and productive (if such a dichotomy is possible). I shoveled out my car. I realized there was more snow to come tonight and tomorrow, but also realized that taking the bullet now and clearing the 16" of snow will make it a heck of a lot easier to clear whatever else falls tonight. It was a task. Moving that much snow posed two challenges in a parking lot: 1) It was heavy; 2.) there really are few good places to move it. Nonetheless I cleared out my car and my spot which should make tomorrow evening's (Wednesday AM?) dig much easier.


Last edited by billg315 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3604
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Flemington, NJ

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:11 pm

@algae888 wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:
@algae888 wrote:Even though echos lightened. Keep getting steady mod snow. This from a met from another board as reason why.


"low level snow growth under the radar beam"
pretty much stopped right now, i cant see as well as its get dark but i see radar looks like it will pick back up to moderate.
Jman the intense rates are over for us. We Will see 1/2 to1" an hour rates for several more hours and we should end up with close to 20" not including tomorrow.  This is an historic storm enjoy it and stop always wanting to jackpot
oh no im not trying to jackpot, trying to understand where we stand, 20 inches is amazing, i had asked if people thought it would be safe for me to travel tomorrow to eastern CT, i gotta decide by midnight. I am also beyond exhausted from all the shoveling i did today two times plus playing with my daughter in the snow. was fun but exhausting.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by algae888 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Cpk with .49le since last reading.should have at least 18" so far


Last edited by algae888 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 5222
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 58
Location : mt. vernon, new york

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Zhukov1945 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 pm

@billg315 wrote:So I just went out to perform a task that was equally futile and productive (if such a dichotomy is possible). I shoveled out my car. I realized there was more snow to come tonight and tomorrow, but also realized that taking the bullet now and clearing the 16" of snow will make it a heck of a lot easier to clear whatever else falls tonight. It was a task. Moving that much snow posed two challenges in a parking lot: 1) It was heavy; 2.) there really are few good places to move it. Nonetheless I cleared out my car and my spot which should make tomorrow evening's (Wednesday AM?) dig much easier.

How do you think the go forward setup looks for our neck of the woods?  Given the sleetstorm and the other s-word we aren't supposed to stay, feeling good about the next 12 or so hours?
Zhukov1945
Zhukov1945

Posts : 80
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-03-21
Location : Clinton Township NJ

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:24 pm

@Zhukov1945 wrote:
@billg315 wrote:So I just went out to perform a task that was equally futile and productive (if such a dichotomy is possible). I shoveled out my car. I realized there was more snow to come tonight and tomorrow, but also realized that taking the bullet now and clearing the 16" of snow will make it a heck of a lot easier to clear whatever else falls tonight. It was a task. Moving that much snow posed two challenges in a parking lot: 1) It was heavy; 2.) there really are few good places to move it. Nonetheless I cleared out my car and my spot which should make tomorrow evening's (Wednesday AM?) dig much easier.

How do you think the go forward setup looks for our neck of the woods?  Given the sleetstorm and the other s-word we aren't supposed to stay, feeling good about the next 12 or so hours?

I'm not sure that we'll get back to what we had from 8 a.m. to noon this morning, but all the modeling shows the snow filling back in over our area tonight and tomorrow, albeit at lower intensities. I think we'll see more off and on snow overnight as this dryslot fills in and some may even be moderate at times. I wouldn't expect huge totals on top of what we have here, but can't rule out a few more inches through tomorrow.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3604
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Flemington, NJ

Zhukov1945 likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Zhukov1945 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:27 pm

@billg315 wrote:
@Zhukov1945 wrote:
@billg315 wrote:So I just went out to perform a task that was equally futile and productive (if such a dichotomy is possible). I shoveled out my car. I realized there was more snow to come tonight and tomorrow, but also realized that taking the bullet now and clearing the 16" of snow will make it a heck of a lot easier to clear whatever else falls tonight. It was a task. Moving that much snow posed two challenges in a parking lot: 1) It was heavy; 2.) there really are few good places to move it. Nonetheless I cleared out my car and my spot which should make tomorrow evening's (Wednesday AM?) dig much easier.

How do you think the go forward setup looks for our neck of the woods?  Given the sleetstorm and the other s-word we aren't supposed to stay, feeling good about the next 12 or so hours?

I'm not sure that we'll get back to what we had from 8 a.m. to noon this morning, but all the modeling shows the snow filling back in over our area tonight and tomorrow, albeit at lower intensities. I think we'll see more off and on snow overnight as this dryslot fills in and some may even be moderate at times. I wouldn't expect huge totals on top of what we have here, but can't rule out a few more inches through tomorrow.

Thanks - hard to believe 18" or whatever we end up with feels like a bust. Once I start actually shoveling will probably be thankful lol
Zhukov1945
Zhukov1945

Posts : 80
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2018-03-21
Location : Clinton Township NJ

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by dkodgis Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:34 pm

I am at 20 inches. Snowing sideways. The wind has not got up to mph where I thought it would. The snow is steady, real steady. I expect it to keep on until near sunrise and still after that with light snow. I can see 28 inches out of this up here. Life is good except at Central Park where they have probably said snowfall is at 3 inches. Plow guy came twice; he says forget about the roads. Not at all clear or plowed. This is really quite a storm. Great stuff!
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1458
Reputation : 98
Join date : 2013-12-29

brownie and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Glad I shoveled out the car when I did, because the winds have just kicked up a notch here. Howling outside my window. It is probably miserable out there now.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3604
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Flemington, NJ

sabamfa likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:37 pm

@dkodgis wrote:I am at 20 inches. Snowing sideways. The wind has not got up to mph where I thought it would. The snow is steady, real steady. I expect it to keep on until near sunrise and still after that with light snow.  I can see 28 inches out of this up here. Life is good except at Central Park where they have probably said snowfall is at 3 inches.  Plow guy came twice; he says forget about the roads.  Not at all clear or plowed.  This is really quite a storm. Great stuff!
Damian you may be just a bit too far north for the stronger winds, but they are kicking up here. I actually find that the winds on these storms always seems strongest on the backside and as it's pulling away, so I think they'll be worse tonight and tomorrow than they were earlier today. And congrats on hitting 20"!!
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3604
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:42 pm

started snowing lightly again, cannot tell how much if it is blowing snow as the wind has picked up again.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17925
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Radz Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:43 pm

25*, approaching 17” and still snowing heavily- great storm!
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 925
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

Back to top Go down

February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught - Page 6 Empty Re: February 1st-2nd Roidzilla, Part V: Continued Onslaught

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum