NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast

+44
bloc1357
Dunnzoo
hurrysundown23
larryrock72
phil155
dsvinos
docstox12
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
kalleg
Snow88
Radz
Joe Snow
oldtimer
gigs68
mmanisca
Vinnydula
SkiSeadooJoe
algae888
jaydoy
dkodgis
Zhukov1945
skinsfan1177
2004blackwrx
lglickman1
Artingerb
Grselig
GreyBeard
moleson
nutleyblizzard
essexcountypete
billg315
sroc4
amugs
Fededle22
CPcantmeasuresnow
Irish
heehaw453
SENJsnowman
aiannone
DAYBLAZER
jmanley32
frank 638
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 Empty Re: Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:21 pm

amugs wrote:Look at the subsidence over Zoo and I - LOL!!
Sroc pointed this out yesterday - he's the goat peeps hands down.
You know what it happens can't cry over it - happy for those who are seeing white gold!!

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-DIX-N0Q-20210219-1553-15-100.gif.bfe1aa0b130d2905043ea6134168dd14
I was asleep all morning but I think I must have been in that cuz we did not see a drop of snow from what I can see. Oh well, hoping monday or next sunday works out.

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 Empty Re: Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast

Post by amugs Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 pm

Snowing moderately to heavy here in Hillsdale NE NJ now woo hoo!!

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Well I stand corrected, big flakes right now, its just not sticking to paved areas but i can see oiur sledding area from last night and footprints are covered a bit so i guess we did a bit more accumulation.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:37 pm

Nice fetch of moisture while it lasts!

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 Inxr1Kphla_h

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Currently snowing lightly as I sit in the parking lot of vets office Sad Sad we had 6 inches this storm...I wish I could enjoy it..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm

This is a tortoise and hare storm. I had my money on the hare snow but the slow and steady tortoise snow made it across the finish line. I just restocked the feeders and the Stick of Truth says 6.6 inches! Still snowing.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

CPcantmeasuresnow and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 pm

dkodgis wrote:...the Stick of Truth says 6.6 inches!

If this wasn't a family-friendly setting, this would be the best set up line ever Razz
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm

Another wave of Light to Moderate Snow passing through here. Again, not really adding to the totals much as these have been short-lived snow showers, but they have provided a great backdrop to the day out my window as I work from home today.
billg315
billg315

brownie and Zhukov1945 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kalleg Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:32 pm

New Hope update--lots of large,lazy flakes, melting when they reach our steps and the street, 34*

kalleg

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:57 pm

Snowing again. Add 1.5 since I measured yesterday. Total 4.5 so far and snowing big flakes but lightly snowing.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by DAYBLAZER Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm

It is STILL snowing up here. Heaviest since this morning right now. I love it.

As others have said, not adding too much to overall totals, although this latest band will push me over 6 inches for this storm. That will bring me to over 70 inches of snow this winter. Absolutely bonkers!

This storm may have been my favorite yet. Don't get me wrong, I loved getting close to 3 feet of snow at the beginning of the month. It scratched an itch that hasn't been scratched in a LONG time up here.

But it's kind of like steak (hear me out). Sometimes, on special occasions, you splurge on a very nice Filet Mignon or Porterhouse steak at a 5 star restaurant. It's absolutely worth it, but when the bill comes you have to make your peace with it.

But most of the time, a decent chuck steak will get the job done if seasoned and prepared properly.

The 2/1 storm was my Filet Mignon, and this storm was my chuck steak. They both have their place, but 9/10 times I get the chuck steak, save some money (or in this case, back pain), and am damn happy with it.

Now I'm hungry....
DAYBLAZER
DAYBLAZER

Frank_Wx, sroc4, kalleg and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm

DAYBLAZER wrote:It is STILL snowing up here. Heaviest since this morning right now. I love it.

As others have said, not adding too much to overall totals, although this latest band will push me over 6 inches for this storm. That will bring me to over 70 inches of snow this winter. Absolutely bonkers!

This storm may have been my favorite yet. Don't get me wrong, I loved getting close to 3 feet of snow at the beginning of the month. It scratched an itch that hasn't been scratched in a LONG time up here.

But it's kind of like steak (hear me out). Sometimes, on special occasions, you splurge on a very nice Filet Mignon or Porterhouse steak at a 5 star restaurant. It's absolutely worth it, but when the bill comes you have to make your peace with it.

But most of the time, a decent chuck steak will get the job done if seasoned and prepared properly.

The 2/1 storm was my Filet Mignon, and this storm was my chuck steak. They both have their place, but  9/10 times I get the chuck steak, save some money (or in this case, back pain), and am damn happy with it.

Now I'm hungry....
damn now me too lol. Long time since I had a good filet.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:42 pm

DAYBLAZER wrote:It is STILL snowing up here. Heaviest since this morning right now. I love it.

The 2/1 storm was my Filet Mignon, and this storm was my chuck steak. They both have their place, but  9/10 times I get the chuck steak, save some money (or in this case, back pain), and am damn happy with it.

Now I'm hungry....

Love the analogies in here!!

What I noticed about this winter is everyone at some point cashed in. It's not like SNJ hasn't had any snow, or that N&W of NYC is consistently jackpotting. Its pretty spread out.

That said, this band coming across NW NJ means business.

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?station=DIX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:

Now I'm hungry....

Love the analogies in here!!

What I noticed about this winter is everyone at some point cashed in. It's not like SNJ hasn't had any snow, or that N&W of NYC is consistently jackpotting. Its pretty spread out.

That said, this band coming across NW NJ means business.

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?station=DIX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map
if it doesn't die out looks like I could possibly get 1.5 out if that as it works it's way and end up with 6 total which would make your map spot on. And I think a few areas in your 6+ might happen with this too. Temps are 34 here so it's wet and not sticking to roads but as sun goes down if this band is still around it could slick things up again. That is if temp drops.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:53 pm

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?num=6&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=wui&delay=15&frame=0&scale=0

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:55 pm

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?num=10&type=NCR&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=wui&delay=15&frame=0&scale=0

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm

A little preview for you Frank. Note the temp in lower left Thumbs up  party

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach7

woops, meant to post in observation thread. Please move it there if you wish.

Last edited by GreyBeard on Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:07 pm

GreyBeard wrote:A little preview for you Frank. Note the temp in lower left Thumbs up  party

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach7

yes Frank have a safe trip and lots of fun..can't wait to travel again..we were supposed to go to Greece last May and Iceland this year...those trips are still in our future..just pushed down the road!! Enjoy the sun and the fun!!

ps still snowing!

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?num=10&type=NCR&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=wui&delay=15&frame=0&scale=0

Thank you for adjusting that radar to include most of Orange County. In the future can we move that another 25 miles north so our friends in Dutchess (Hyde, JimV, etc are also included? I mean who really cares about Delaware.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

hyde345 and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:13 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?num=10&type=NCR&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=wui&delay=15&frame=0&scale=0

Thank you for adjusting that radar to include most of Orange County. In the future can we move that another 25 miles north so our friends in Dutchess (Hyde, JimV, etc are also included? I mean who really cares about Delaware.
it's actually only set to certain areas CP as far I know you can only choose certain coverage areas. And yes who cares bout Delaware lol. Nice bands coming thrpugh for all us!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Huge flakes falling right now in south Brooklyn

Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:36 pm

wow its coming down now...Irish is is snowing heavily over by you??
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Snowing moderately here. Not sticking but snow on top of snow!!
35 hours of snow and some freezing drizzle n sleet. Who said this would not be a LONG duration stotm??LOL

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:55 pm

amugs wrote:Snowing moderately here. Not sticking but snow on top of snow!!
35 hours of snow and some freezing drizzle n sleet. Who said this would not be a LONG duration stotm??LOL
I bow to the snow king. I'm trust ing every freaking storm you believe will happen from now on. Not necesarily IMBY but if it happens to at least some of us you get kudos from me. And that goes for all the others who are near spot on.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnydula Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Starting to stick again as it's getting colder
Vinnydula
Vinnydula
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm

NJwx - Thursday's Mothrazilla, Part II: First Forecast - Page 17 WUNIDS_map?num=6&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=horse&delay=15&frame=0&scale=0

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm

Snowing again in Bayville. I wanted more from this storm...but Big Momma making sure I get what I need this winter.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum