NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 7.0

+33
brownie
mmanisca
Grselig
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
Taffy
Quietace
HectorO
Frank_Wx
billg315
dolphins222
sroc4
essexcountypete
docstox12
Ronfdny
TheAresian
phil155
Scullybutcher
Math23x7
lglickman1
dkodgis
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
crippo84
RJB8525
frank 638
mikeypizano
heehaw453
amugs
37 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 7.0

Post by sroc4 Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:09 pm

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:31 am

sroc4 wrote:

I read about fusion way back in the 1970's.Theoretically, it provides unlimited power with 0 emissions.Much better than acres of ugly solar panels on pristine farmland like I see up here ,or ugly windmills that kill billions of birds and whose blades have to be disposed of.The fusion simply is trying to replicate what goes on in the sun.This is the Holy Grail solution to the problem IMHO.Glad to see they have made advancements on it.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:32 am

docstox12 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:

I read about fusion way back in the 1970's.Theoretically, it provides unlimited power with 0 emissions.Much better than acres of ugly solar panels on pristine farmland like I see up here ,or ugly windmills that kill billions of birds and whose blades have to be disposed of.The fusion simply is trying to replicate what goes on in the sun.This is the Holy Grail solution to the problem IMHO.Glad to see they have made advancements on it.

Yeah Doc for sure. The video had a few unique angles to the fusion problem; Especially when looking at it through the private sector.  It’s pretty clear IMHO that this electric movement is more an agenda by those in power likely driven by money and control rather then a true soln to the fossil fuel problem.  When you actually look into some of the details on what it actually takes to mine, manufacture, and dispose of the material you really are simply trading off one set of problems for another. Pushing this agenda is like pushing an agenda to go all in financially on CD’s and CD players when you know full well that digital music and streaming services are right around the corner which is going to make CD obsolete.  If our government and our allies were to sit back and work on our independence from foreign energy and technology, China 100% the number one here, then we can spend the same time and money in developing the technologies needed to solve the fusion problem sooner rather than later.  The suppression of all of those Hunter Biden China deals and more recent selling our own oil to China despite the current gas price issues is a microcosm of this problem. Problem is many have fallen into the trap in thinking that statements like these immediately mean someone like me falls into some category defined by Trump Supporting, racist, right wing conspiracy theorist. There is no deviation from the agenda or no in between in discussions...I digress.

The video states that the successful test that occurred back in the 90’s produced enough energy to power a home for two years after only a fraction of a second of fusion occurred. Just think of the possibility if we can do that for hours or days amd then harness that into the grid. It’s coming. Not if but When and who is going to be the leader here?  Why not us?  

In my opinion when this problem gets solved it will be one of those advancements in civilization that will be analogous to the invention of fire and the wheel. Civilization as we know it will advance at a rate unparalleled. Interplanetary technology will likely “take off” faster than we can imagine etc. See what I did there 😉?

If you are one of those people who only listens to the regular big corporate media outlets who do not and will not highlight any of this and feel that if you question the narrative you are made to think you are a bad person or don’t care about the environment or humanity or whatever, I strongly encourage you to watch videos like this and simply ask yourself what’s really going on here. Why yes do we not hear about any of this?  Is it possible that a group of corporate and political elites want to suppress any ideas that involve the loss of massive amts of money and power. Would they really encourage discussion that involve giving up control and power and only to give it to the masses rather than themselves? Has there ever been a time in human history where governments or individuals in power haven’t tried to suppress the general public for their own agendas of money and power? Why would history repeat itself in today’s world?  Today’s elites and those in control of the majority of the worlds money and power clearly have the masses well being in mind with some of these one size fits all policies and narratives rather than policies narratives that earn them even more money and power?  If history has taught us anything is that money and power taints humans. Anyway that’s enough for now.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:58 am

Doc, swear to God, I would vote for you for President in a hearbeat,What an amazing analysis of current events and the elites that control the world.
A few examples of how corporations and government combine to change things for the worse, is the junking of the magnificent electric trolley and interurban lines that provided the majority of transportation in 1920.A combined effort of General Motors, Standard Oil and Goodyear Tire ,combined with their political hack allies, to destroy this wonderful all electric, non polluting electric system in favor of smelly filthy diesel busses.Government entities helped this by taxing the trolley lines to death.Mayor La Guardia himself ridiculed the "old fashioned" trolley system.Ironically today, some cities are resurrecting electric transport at huge costs,
Another story I read was a guy who invented an ICE that got close to 80 MPG.A big three auto company bought the patent and squashed it.
I support fusion 100% , but I am an old,straight,Christian white guy who modern American Culture has labeled racist, misogynist,homophobic,Islamophobic,and a partridge in a pear tree,LOL.People who know us Doc understand that we respect and give everybody a fair shake and this wonderful board of God knows how many years now ,is an example of how it was in this country way back when.Good,kind understanding people who want to help each other learn about weather and other topics.
Now, off to look out the window at the rain, a rare sight these days,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:57 pm

Has anyone else noticed the leaves are changing colors already.some Of the color where yellow to brown .we all know the drought is getting worse I wonder what effect will it have for the fall foliage

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Yes here to Frank. Will be interesting.

This is very interesting and SH is suffering a very cold and snowy, wet winter. Some plac3s have not seen such in an extremely long time like 1 in 100, 500 and 1000 year floods, snows and cold outbreaks. Even up to the equator tropics regions they are experiencing much cooler than normal temps. And.....tjis WV and ash is starting to make its way across the equator. Could be in time for the heart of winter?? Spring?? Time will tell.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Europe is in BIG trouble tjis winter if they get anything close to a long cold spell like last winter. Due to their gas supply issues and electricity depndency on green, which will not meet its demand. France, Germany and England all have issued warnings about this upcoming winter for conservation and possible rolling blackouts, and energy shortages. Also, they are looking to control your electronic thermostats and keep the heat on a balmy 16/17c 61/62 Fahrenheit.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/population-will-rebel-swiss-police-chief-fears-social-unrest-winter-power-shortages

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:30 am

frank 638 wrote:Has anyone else noticed the leaves are changing colors already.some Of the color where yellow to brown .we all know the drought is getting worse I wonder what effect will it have for the fall foliage

We had a few cool nights in the upper 40's to low 50's and that, plus the shorter daylight I believe triggered the trees.However, it is still early for the percentage of trees with color I see so I would guess the trees are feeling the drought and just shutting down earlier.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:33 am

amugs wrote:Europe is in BIG trouble tjis winter if they get anything close to a long cold spell like last winter. Due to their gas supply issues and electricity depndency on green, which will not meet its demand. France, Germany and England all have issued warnings about this upcoming winter for conservation and possible rolling blackouts, and energy shortages.  Also, they are looking to control your electronic thermostats and keep the heat on a balmy 16/17c 61/62 Fahrenheit.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/population-will-rebel-swiss-police-chief-fears-social-unrest-winter-power-shortages

These countries madcap rush to green plus their dependence on Russia, who now has got them by the you know whats threatening to shut down the nat gas,have put them in this situation.Hey, maybe they can ask Greta for a way out,LOL.No tree will be safe now this winter and those with fireplaces will be thanking the Lord.Maybe they will get lucky with a mild winter.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:38 pm

Just got an e mail my town, Monroe NY, has declared a drought emergency.No watering of lawns, washing cars, powerwashing allowed. Penalties for failure to observe.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:55 pm

That warm blob in GOA is gonna be very interesting for tjis upcoming winter as is the warm water in the Northern Atlantic.

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 16 Fbrz0p10

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:11 am

amugs wrote:That warm blob in GOA is gonna be very interesting for tjis upcoming winter as is the warm water in the Northern Atlantic.

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 16 Fbrz0p10

NE Pac certainly has potential for the -EPO and/or +PNA with that warm pool; however, I worry about the WAR amplifying with the warmth along the EC just the same.  Esp if we get amplified systems develop over the heart land.  Could mean latent heat release on approach to the coast, amplified WAR, western storm tracks leaving the coastal plain for sure in the warm sector, followed by cold air ushered in on the backside. I hate that scenario

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:54 pm

The scenario is there IMO for above average precipitation to make up for the drought conditions these last few months for this winter.Especially if the drought continues in Sept. and Oct.The right storm track could produce and epic winter with cold air in place.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:30 am

As much as I love summer, I am looking forward to fall. One of the reasons I love the North East and Mid-Atlantic is that we have four distinct seasons, each with its respective weather.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

amugs and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:15 am

Looks like (as has been said by Jake GSM and others) the eruption IS cooling the strat and this link has some understable whys in it:

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/cold-anomaly-stratosphere-polar-vortex-volcanic-cooling-winter-influence-fa/

The short story: maybe lots of cold and precip this winter.

You all make excellent points and I am mad at myself for being so far out of the board that I had to catch up. At least I did not miss this discussion. Anything that might produce energy in a cost-effective way that cannot be monetized gets squashed. I do remember thinking to myself years ago when I read all the gas deals between European countries and Russia that "They'll be sorry". There is no free market in energy, only constriction. The only way to save on heating costs is to be retired, at home, and putting in one stick of wood after another into the wood stove. To stay cool, run through the sprinkler and use the pool. I wasn't raised with air conditioning but it looks like I'll die with it. Everything energy keeps going up and up because it is a manipulated market; if you are on the grid, you pay. Some of my friends thought I was crazy when I put up 14 cord of hickory and now they can't get wood or pellet stoves installed (shortage, backed up) to take advantage of the biomass rebate of the Inflation Act. <----sounds pretty, doesn't it. Hot printed dollars are paying for that too and being tacked onto the national debt/paid for by our taxes. And Europe, many countries' populace will be superpissed at their governments because they will want relief from their sub-human home heating temperatures. The Elites are cute and maybe they want tribalism so as to control people into spending and enriching others through increasing product costs. I am not sure the people who think they are in control know how much they are not. By this time next year there will be many pissed off people about the status quo being worse. I thought there would be a red tsunami in Nov but after a bad winter paying up the nose for heating costs, I have to think there will be.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4, amugs and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:22 pm

dkodgis wrote:Looks like (as has been said by Jake GSM and others) the eruption IS cooling the strat and this link has some understable whys in it:

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/cold-anomaly-stratosphere-polar-vortex-volcanic-cooling-winter-influence-fa/

The short story: maybe lots of cold and precip this winter.

You all make excellent points and I am mad at myself for being so far out of the board that I had to catch up. At least I did not miss this discussion.  Anything that might produce energy in a cost-effective way that cannot be monetized gets squashed.  I do remember thinking to myself years ago when I read all the gas deals between European countries and Russia that "They'll be sorry".  There is no free market in energy, only constriction.  The only way to save on heating costs is to be retired, at home, and putting in one stick of wood after another into the wood stove.  To stay cool, run through the sprinkler and use the pool. I wasn't raised with air conditioning but it looks like I'll die with it.  Everything energy keeps going up and up because it is a manipulated market; if you are on the grid, you pay.  Some of my friends thought I was crazy when I put up 14 cord of hickory and now they can't get wood or pellet stoves installed (shortage, backed up) to take advantage of the biomass rebate of the Inflation Act.  <----sounds pretty, doesn't it.  Hot printed dollars are paying for that too and being tacked onto the national debt/paid for by our taxes.  And Europe, many countries' populace will be superpissed at their governments because they will want relief from their sub-human home heating temperatures.  The Elites are cute and maybe they want tribalism so as to control people into spending and enriching others through increasing product costs.  I am not sure the people who think they are in control know how much they are not.  By this time next year there will be many pissed off people about the status quo being worse. I thought there would be a red tsunami in Nov but after a bad winter paying up the nose for heating costs, I have to think there will be.

We went solar 6 years ago (bought our panels outright..own the shrek(sp)rights)...has already paid itself off with the tax rebate and the savings.only time the bill is larger is christmas time with all my trees and lights..lol to my husbands dismay...right now we have 2 dollar bills...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:59 pm

Damien
I follow Jake and Electroverse, Cap Alan along with Suspicious Observer and David DuBuyne. All calling for a disruptive NH winter to food and energy. Saying since the early spring to stock up. The harvest starts next month and by the end we maybe in a different realm once these numbers hit. The markets for these if you follow are starting to show signs of a depleted harvest. So what does this mean? Stock up on foods for we may have limits aka rations on what we, how much we can buy and it will be more expensive than what we are paying now.

And this in Europe. Why is tjis not a MAJOR news topic??? These people will Heatbthwir home or Eat, that's their choice. Maybe coming to us this winter as Damien points out. Natural Gas is up 300% since tjis time last year. Tjis is a major source for producing our electricity and heating our homes.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:07 pm

This is very interesting article from a top research climatologists about global warming "hoax" in his words. I do concur with these two experts.

https://electroverse.co/climate-scientist-breaks-ranks-our-models-are-mickey-mouse-mockeries/

https://electroverse.co/new-little-ice-age-instead-of-global-warming-dr-landscheidt/

Brilliant and convincing men when you research further.

amugs
amugs

kalleg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:25 pm

Energy.crises in Europe. France and Germany told their people to brace for rolling blackouts, and run through winter. Scary. Wood, disease searches are off the charts. Protests, some massive, and nervous peeps are running high. Expect this to continue after Russia cut off Nordstream Natural Gas pipeline totally this weekend. Partly they can't pay their bills for the supply.

Italian, Roma. This is going to be common place for Europe.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:08 pm

History loves to rhyme and repeat.

Solar cycle paper shows the correlation between high solar flare cycles and an uptick in tropical cyclones. Next one after this period is Sept 23rd ish. Watchbthat period to see if this idea, research works.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:30 pm

I think I remember no storms hit us but Mexico got beat up in 2010.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:58 pm

Europe Is Sacrificing Its Ancient Forests for Energy - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/09/07/world/europe/eu-logging-wood-pellets.html

All in the name of Green Energy. Ridiculous.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:43 am

ANNNNNDDDDD Back to boring weather again Rolling Eyes

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:11 pm

Just came over the wire that Queen Elizabeth passed peacefully at age 96.What a magnificent woman she was and what an amazing life she had witnessing all those years of history.God Bless.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

brownie, weatherwatchermom and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:37 pm

sroc4 wrote:ANNNNNDDDDD Back to boring weather again Rolling Eyes
It's ok let's save the excitement for winter!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:54 pm

Great Video on the connection between the sun and the tropical cyclones

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:05 pm

I just heard on 1010 wins that we are having a triple La Niña. I never heard of it and still a little confused what do you guys think about this

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum