NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+46
aiannone
Taffy
brownie
kalleg
GreyBeard
mikeypizano
Dtone
SkiSeadooJoe
Radz
gigs68
Joe Snow
Scullybutcher
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
Isotherm
docstox12
SoulSingMG
Fededle22
SNOW MAN
rb924119
RJB8525
algae888
dkodgis
frank 638
dad4twoboys
devsman
Snow88
Grselig
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
billg315
Frank_Wx
amugs
jmanley32
essexcountypete
nutleyblizzard
track17
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
sabamfa
jake732
hyde345
Quietace
Dunnzoo
HectorO
50 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by amugs Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
dad4twoboys wrote:Never trust a rodent

I'd lock to choke that damn rodent, and the peepers if I hear them anytime soon. Death to all harbingers of Spring and any false prophets like the a-hole in punxsutawney.

I'll have to re-watch ground hog day tonight and watch the scene where Bill Murray drives with the ground hog over the cliff several hundred times. Serves him right.

I was alerted by the OTI Sanitarium, CP, that you were exhibiting signs of Snow Deprivation and Spring Derangement Syndrome, so I am performing an emergency intervention here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3eyCale4ww

DOCCCCC!! Whew that just made me feel 100000x better too. You da man! Always one to lift our spirits here with humor!

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:05 pm

amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I'd lock to choke that damn rodent, and the peepers if I hear them anytime soon. Death to all harbingers of Spring and any false prophets like the a-hole in punxsutawney.

I'll have to re-watch ground hog day tonight and watch the scene where Bill Murray drives with the ground hog over the cliff several hundred times. Serves him right.

I was alerted by the OTI Sanitarium, CP, that you were exhibiting signs of Snow Deprivation and Spring Derangement Syndrome, so I am performing an emergency intervention here.

DOCCCCC!! Whew that just made me feel 100000x better too. You da man! Always one to lift our spirits here with humor!

I have it on a cont loop. Its like an IV drip of Morphine....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Did anu one else arpund sunset see the bright shiny stationary objects in the sky? I also saw what looked like 2 comets but all disappeared in the flash of an eye. Not a ufo believer maybe weather balloons? I swear there was a good chance there was 2 comets that burned up had long tail that got shorter and shorter till poof gone.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:I unsubscribed from SV and WxBell...Godzillas are sure to begin appearing in the LR now.
mine expired so hopefully the snow gods will sneak up on us.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 Img_9510

Today here in Pittston, PA (maple tree)
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!

OK!!  Mom's are ALWAYS number ONE in my world!!!

We're gonna see snow one more time in March!

Last edited by docstox12 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 pm

mikeypizano wrote:Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 Img_9510

This must be the Twilight Zone.There were years when I didn't see that sometimes until early May!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 pm

docstox12 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 Img_9510

This must be the Twilight Zone.There were years when I didn't see that sometimes until early May!!!

I think this may be the earliest I have ever seen this happen... Shocked
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:24 pm

http://www.viralvo.com/clear-snow-from-roof/

This is a great idea, but unfortunately we probably will never have to use this technique
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:24 pm

What a big difference from now and 2 years ago .2 years ago central park had a morning record low of 2 deg. that year it was so cold that the long island sound was frozen .I think that year we also set a record for the coldest and snowiest Feb .I just want 2 more snowstorm in march before winter is done who knows maybe we will get another march super storm of 93

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOOnKL265I&feature=youtu.be

take a look at this
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 pm

frank 638 wrote:What a big difference from now and 2 years ago .2 years ago central park had a morning record low of 2 deg. that year it was so cold that the long island sound was frozen .I think that year we also set a record for the coldest and snowiest Feb .I just want 2 more snowstorm in march before winter is done who knows maybe we will get another march super storm of 93

That year was miserably cold. I was working overnight outdoors and it was rough. It did set a record for coldest February.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:37 pm

I don't think we can rule out a March snow event. Even with a mild February I've seen times where it looks like an early-spring is here to stay and then there's a sudden cold snap to remind everyone winter just isn't over yet. Then all it takes is one storm to arrive (preferably after sunset) during one of those cold snaps and you could still get a significant snow.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 pm

billg315 wrote:I don't think we can rule out a March snow event. Even with a mild February I've seen times where it looks like an early-spring is here to stay and then there's a sudden cold snap to remind everyone winter just isn't over yet. Then all it takes is one storm to arrive (preferably after sunset) during one of those cold snaps and you could still get a significant snow.

I already put the snow blower away, raked stones from the grass, and have my mower almost 100% ready to kick grass and take names.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
billg315 wrote:I don't think we can rule out a March snow event. Even with a mild February I've seen times where it looks like an early-spring is here to stay and then there's a sudden cold snap to remind everyone winter just isn't over yet. Then all it takes is one storm to arrive (preferably after sunset) during one of those cold snaps and you could still get a significant snow.

I already put the snow blower away, raked stones from the grass, and have my mower almost 100% ready to kick grass and take names.

Haha. I did some yard work yesterday too to take advantage of the warm weather and save myself some time in March or April, but nothing that assumes we're done with the cold. I'll refer you to my post in the Long Range thread just now. We had a similar warm weather outbreak in Feb. 1997 (when the previous record highs for Feb. 19 were all set) and then we got a significant snow event from March 31 into April 1 that year.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:04 pm

I am going by a 2012 analog where I was mowing March 20. Hoping for a cool wet summer, but that won't happen.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Anything is possible, but I think we're just reaching here.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 pm

mikeypizano wrote:

I fertilized the lawn even though I still have about 5 inches of snow on it, drained my snow blower and then took a sledge hammer to it just to be sure I can't use it again. I then proceeded to put out all of the patio and deck furniture and to top it off I filled my pool. At least I'm trying.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

I fertilized the lawn even though I still have about 5 inches of snow on it, drained my snow blower and then took a sledge hammer to it just to be sure I can't use it again. I then proceeded to put out all of the patio and deck furniture and to top it off I filled my pool. At least I'm trying.

No snow at all left in my yard. Very Happy Even starting to get the gardens ready. Spread out the leaf piles, need to start tilling um soon!

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 2017-010
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 2017-011

mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:35 am

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

No snow at all left in my yard. Very Happy  Even starting to get the gardens ready. Spread out the leaf piles, need to start tilling um soon!

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 2017-010
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 17 2017-011

This could be one of those years you can easily begin planting on Saint Patrick's Day.When I had a vegetable garden in the 80's and 90's, there were those years with a mild and dry late Feb and early March that made it possible to plant the early stuff like spinach,radishes, peas.Then there were the '93-94 and'95-'96 years when the garden wasnt ready until mid to late April due to amazing snowpacks.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 am

Nice pics Mikey P.

After this week I don't think many people will want winter to return. I can think of one person...CP...cough...

Also a positive: I am driving in daylight on my way to work in the morning. Finally!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks Frank, love taking pics but not much to take in the winter...

2012 I was mowing on March 20... I want to get back to work so bad!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Nice pics Mikey P.

After this week I don't think many people will want winter to return. I can think of one person...CP...cough...

Also a positive: I am driving in daylight on my way to work in the morning. Finally!
\
This is CP as a reult of all this spring talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHK36Hmy6Yk
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

docstox12 wrote:

\

I may need to change your title to "Youtube Extraordinaire"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 am

docstox12 wrote:

\

Doc I find it disturbing my wife and kids let that tape go public. There are several of those around that may be me last December 2015 when we were 14 degrees above normal for the month.

I know Ibtake it hard but this is killing SNOWMAN.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

Frank do you think there will be a revert back to any snow chances or are we done? I'm on the edge on one hand I really wanted to see more snow on the other the sooner it gets even warmer the better. There's no snow here except few piles. Was visit parents in ct who still have huge piles and maybe 6+ on the ground. They got hammered those few weeks ago.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum