NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+46
aiannone
Taffy
brownie
kalleg
GreyBeard
mikeypizano
Dtone
SkiSeadooJoe
Radz
gigs68
Joe Snow
Scullybutcher
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
Isotherm
docstox12
SoulSingMG
Fededle22
SNOW MAN
rb924119
RJB8525
algae888
dkodgis
frank 638
dad4twoboys
devsman
Snow88
Grselig
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
billg315
Frank_Wx
amugs
jmanley32
essexcountypete
nutleyblizzard
track17
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
sabamfa
jake732
hyde345
Quietace
Dunnzoo
HectorO
50 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 19 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by mikeypizano Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:35 pm

sroc4 wrote:When it's 70 tomorrow and the very last bit of snow melts think of this. This is the Chalets next to Mammoth Mountain Inn Main lodge.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 19 Img_4413

Its all gone here but the plowed parking lot piles. Very Happy

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
sroc4 wrote:When it's 70 tomorrow and the very last bit of snow melts think of this. This is the Chalets next to Mammoth Mountain Inn Main lodge.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 19 Img_4413

Its all gone here but the plowed parking lot piles. Very Happy

Can only dream!!

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

I am going to buy a pressure washer this weekend, spring is here and stuff needs to be cleaned! Wink
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:27 am

LR guidance shows some promise, but i'm not holding my breath. Just give me a March 2001 scenario that works in our favor this time; that would deliver an area wide Frankzilla. Then we can call it a winter. Wink
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

mikeypizano wrote:I am going to buy a pressure washer this weekend, spring is here and stuff needs to be cleaned! Wink

You are making me sick, no offense. I suppose it's really May in February that's making me sick but you're just enjoying it too much. To each his own I guess.

Wish I was born 12,000 years ago when Manhattan was covered by a glacier a mile thick. Now those were real winters.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:43 pm

mikeypizano wrote:I am going to buy a pressure washer this weekend, spring is here and stuff needs to be cleaned! Wink

I like you. You seem pretty cool. But talking about warm weather on beautiful days like today may get you in big trouble!!!!!!!

My kids have a power outage at school. Had to get them. Took them to the library. Youngest could have chosen some insulting warm weather movie. Instead he wanted Norm of the North. About a Polar Bear!!! Solid kid. Hopefully they will watch Frosty and Frozen next and go outside and build a pretend igloo.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Grselig wrote:

I like you.  You seem pretty cool.  But talking about warm weather on beautiful days like today may get you in big trouble!!!!!!!  

My kids have a power outage at school.  Had to get them.  Took them to the library.   Youngest could have chosen some insulting warm weather movie.  Instead he wanted Norm of the North.  About a Polar Bear!!!   Solid kid.  Hopefully they will watch Frosty and Frozen next and go outside and build a pretend igloo.

Hey, Grselig, you can buy styrofoam blocks at Home Depot to turn that pretend igloo into reality!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

You are making me sick, no offense. I suppose it's really May in February that's making me sick but you're just enjoying it too much. To each his own I guess.

Wish I was born 12,000 years ago when Manhattan was covered by a glacier a mile thick. Now those were real winters.

Well, maybe that's why you love cold and snow so much CP.Your great great to the 16th power Grandfather, UG Cpcantmeasure snow DID live in those days and passed those snow and cold genes on to YOU!

BTW, if you want to get back there in time, try THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1G-TsdNWGg
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I'm with u cp. In 3 to 4 weeks this can start but it's freaking feb. 2 winters ago we had half our snowfall in march. Just crazy.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

I suspect and I know it's early but we may b in for a very active severe weather and hurricane season. I will be heading this since most go peep during summer but I'm interested in all weather and I think I sparked the forum to start talking during the summer and fall too.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:49 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
   It's hot....in feb....it feels gr8 but there's just something wrong with this. I'm not a huge believer that we are causing global warming but the past decade has sure shown temps that were not happening at all 15 to 20 years ago. And our president wants to incerase toxic emissions into the atmosphere...if what some say is true we will become Florida year round in the next decade.

Syosnow94 wrote:
I hate the warmth in the winter but cmon................

I live on Long Island which was formed during an ice age when advancing glaciers deposited sediments and boulders here. Then they retreated (melted) when the earth suddenly warmed MILLIONS of years ago. I have seen pictures of glaciers in Alaska melting rapidly, exposing forests buried under the ice. (meaning at some point it was a warm enough area to hold vast forests) These are just 2 out of dozens of scientifically proven naturally occurring warm/cold cycles the Earth has gone through for millions of years. Unless you have scientific proof of the daily climate reports for the past several million years, it is quite unbelievable to believe that now all of a sudden it is getting warmer because of man.

If Trump cured cancer liberals would complain about it. No No No

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 pm

syosnow94 wrote:jmanley32 wrote:
   It's hot....in feb....it feels gr8 but there's just something wrong with this. I'm not a huge believer that we are causing global warming but the past decade has sure shown temps that were not happening at all 15 to 20 years ago. And our president wants to incerase toxic emissions into the atmosphere...if what some say is true we will become Florida year round in the next decade.

Syosnow94 wrote:

I live on Long Island which was formed during an ice age when advancing glaciers deposited sediments and boulders here. Then they retreated (melted) when the earth suddenly warmed MILLIONS of years ago. I have seen pictures of glaciers in Alaska melting rapidly, exposing forests buried under the ice. (meaning at some point it was a warm enough area to hold vast forests) These are just 2 out of dozens of scientifically proven naturally occurring warm/cold cycles the Earth has gone through for millions of years. Unless you have scientific proof of the daily climate reports for the past several million years, it is quite unbelievable to believe that now all of a sudden it is getting warmer because of man.

I guess u didn't catch that I was kinda joking. Yes the earth goes through cycles.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:32 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Grselig wrote:

I like you.  You seem pretty cool.  But talking about warm weather on beautiful days like today may get you in big trouble!!!!!!!  

My kids have a power outage at school.  Had to get them.  Took them to the library.   Youngest could have chosen some insulting warm weather movie.  Instead he wanted Norm of the North.  About a Polar Bear!!!   Solid kid.  Hopefully they will watch Frosty and Frozen next and go outside and build a pretend igloo.

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I'm with u cp. In 3 to 4 weeks this can start but it's freaking feb. 2 winters ago we had half our snowfall in march. Just crazy.

Ok so a little background info, I am a landscaper. The sooner it gets warm and grass is green, the more money I make. Snow can come December to middle of Feb, then I want spring. If I can get in a month of mowing (assuming average start of mid April) that is a good chunk of change. It will likely dry out come July/August and I get SCREWED!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Ok. I get it. Professionally you need it to be warm. Hope it gets warm for u for that reason.

I'm into cooking and it's much easier if my garage is below 40 degrees. Cold is more convenient. A natural walk in fridge

I still want my arctic Frankzilla!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Syosnow94 wrote:

It wont last though, you know we aren't going to have 70s from here on out, so we'll enjoy it while it's hear. For snow it sucks, but man, it feels great when it's warm and the sun is out with blue skies and the birds singing. However, although I don't post as much as I would like, I'm going to have to talk to you guys later next week. My wife's uncle past away and I was close with him also. Just got done with the wake and man was it hard, haven't been to one since my dad passed. This weekend's weather at least makes it doable to do what we have to do this weekend for the funeral. Take care guys.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:26 pm

HectorO wrote:

Syosnow94 wrote:

It wont last though, you know we aren't going to have 70s from here on out, so we'll enjoy it while it's hear. For snow it sucks, but man, it feels great when it's warm and the sun is out with blue skies and the birds singing. However, although I don't post as much as I would like, I'm going to have to talk to you guys later next week. My wife's uncle past away and I was close with him also. Just got done with the wake and man was it hard, haven't been to one since my dad passed. This weekend's weather at least makes it doable to do what we have to do this weekend for the funeral. Take care guys.

Hector, so sorry for the family's loss.May the Lord send healing your way.

Regards
Docstox
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:30 am

Hector so sorry about your wife's uncle. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:06 am

docstox12 wrote:
HectorO wrote:

Syosnow94 wrote:

Hector, so sorry for the family's loss.May the Lord send healing your way.

Regards
Docstox

Hector. My condolences. Hard stuff. Hope you and your family find comfort,
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:16 am

Hector, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:24 am

Sorry Hector for your family's loss

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:36 am

HectorO wrote:

Syosnow94 wrote:

Hector:

Anytime I see posts like this unfortunately it brings back a lot of difficult times and memories. I can only say, from unfortunately to many similar experiences in the last 5 years, it's difficult to move on but in the end it's all we can do. I don't know of your religious background but I always take comfort in the end knowing I will see the close friends and relatives, provided they were good people and most were, I've lost when I too face the inevitable that we all face.

I lost someone especially close in the last year and had to watch as she faded before my eyes. When it was over I felt like I had been through a war just witnessing it all, even though she had gone through all of the pain and suffering. After several days of mourning I woke up one morning and said to myself I don't welcome death and I hope it's many years off but each day I wake up I'm one day closer to seeing the friends and family I've lost, it was my way to initially get through each day. Just one mans opinion, hang in there.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:22 am

Hector I am sorry for your loss

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Sorry Hector. God Bless!

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Hector sorry for your loss.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Sorry for your loss, Hector.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Sorry for your loss Hector, prayers and thoughts for your family...

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo