NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+52
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
NjWeatherGuy
moleson
lisalamb
lglickman1
GreyBeard
bloc1357
crippo84
SnowForest
Carter bk
jake732
sabamfa
SENJsnowman
MattyICE
SoulSingMG
hyde345
billg315
cooladi
Wheezer
Radz
skinsfan1177
Dunnzoo
Scullybutcher
Dtone
jimv45
CPcantmeasuresnow
RJB8525
Mathgod55
EnyapWeather
Quietace
jwalsh
brownie
Vinnydula
Grselig
mikeypizano
HectorO
gigs68
Math23x7
jmanley32
track17
rb924119
Frank_Wx
frank 638
sroc4
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
algae888
dkodgis
docstox12
amugs
nutleyblizzard
56 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 am

Never saw the post sroc tired saw my name didn't notice the blank previous post. All good. Syo my bad fact is we are all a little teisted I think. Well I am at least lol.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18362
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by HectorO Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Man, this site has gotten a little testy lately. I just try to read and lurk to see what's happening, but usually don't post much at all because it's reminding me of the old ABC days. Hopefully, everyone gets the snow they want this season so you guys can be happy again.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 917
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by mikeypizano Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 pm

What annoys me is the troller had to use a name similar to mine...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1019
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 32
Location : Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by jmanley32 Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am

@sroc4 wrote:No need for apologies. We are all passionate about the weather.  
this. And for that fact no one on here is a moron in my eyes yes some know a lot more than others and Al is usually the man of reason. I think the mention of Sandy was just saying it took a similar track. No one said omg we are getting Sandy. Even I said in the other thread until frank decides to or not post a thread which obviously means it's not impossible if frank sees any potential. So let's just all chill okay cuz I wasn't here back in the and days but I've heard and I'd hate this place to become somewhere I feel uncomfortable to post my excitement no matter how unlikely it may be. But also I bet if it was 10 days out and showed 400 inches of snow all you naysayers about the tropics would b jumping up and down and not laughing at the models. Just saying.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18362
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Guest Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 pm

If we get a model that shows 400 inches of snow, I'm not saying anything because anything I say can and might be used against me on OTI.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by rb924119 Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 am

@TheAresian wrote:If we get a model that shows 400 inches of snow, I'm not saying anything because anything I say can and might be used against me on OTI.

Holy crap I'm dying ahahaha this was response is classic lmfaoooooo

On a side note I can't help but be increasingly, excruciatingly frustrated as I scroll through my Facebook news feed and see all of these AGW/Climate Change related posts. Not to start a debate on the subject, but simply by how easily people are mislead, whether intentionally or otherwise, by various sources, and how everything is taken as gospel with no self-exploration or research. Maybe it's because they just like buzzwords, or that they don't care enough to really look, but it is becoming increasingly apparent to me just how herd-like and mindless many people are becoming. And this doesn't only hold true for this topic, but many. Where's common sense, and where is critical thinking? Scary stuff. I'm all for a spirited debate; that's true science. Test different hypotheses and see if any hold water. Think, question, pursue. But when people try to push a topic like this with the following:

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Img_1219


I can't help but express frustration. If I believed everything people have said to me at face value in my short 25 years on this planet I probably would have never graduated high school. And yet we have so many believing in something for the one reason that used to drive me absolutely bonkers as a young boy when my mom would say it to me: Because (I) he said so. Rant over.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Grselig Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 am

@rb924119 wrote:
@TheAresian wrote:If we get a model that shows 400 inches of snow, I'm not saying anything because anything I say can and might be used against me on OTI.

Holy crap I'm dying ahahaha this was response is classic lmfaoooooo

On a side note I can't help but be increasingly, excruciatingly frustrated as I scroll through my Facebook news feed and see all of these AGW/Climate Change related posts. Not to start a debate on the subject, but simply by how easily people are mislead, whether intentionally or otherwise, by various sources, and how everything is taken as gospel with no self-exploration or research. Maybe it's because they just like buzzwords, or that they don't care enough to really look, but it is becoming increasingly apparent to me just how herd-like and mindless many people are becoming. And this doesn't only hold true for this topic, but many. Where's common sense, and where is critical thinking? Scary stuff. I'm all for a spirited debate; that's true science. Test different hypotheses and see if any hold water. Think, question, pursue. But when people try to push a topic like this with the following:

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Img_1219


I can't help but express frustration. If I believed everything people have said to me at face value in my short 25 years on this planet I probably would have never graduated high school. And yet we have so many believing in something for the one reason that used to drive me absolutely bonkers as a young boy when my mom would say it to me: Because (I) he said so. Rant over.

Can't agree more. Debate and discussion on both sides an issue is progress. I try to fact check exaggerated Facebook propoganda to understand its validity, both for and against my point. Too many times it originates from an invalid statement disproven years ago. It permeates all parts of our lives.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1332
Reputation : 137
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 51
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Guest Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 am

I responded to one Twitter post about climate change with a simple "The Ice Age would like to speak with you."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Guest Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm

I tried to PM sroc and Frank but it seems like it didn't go through so here's my message

For the past week when viewing this site at my computer or iPad at home I immediately get a message that I've been infected with spyware and I'm frozen into it without being able to do a thing. I went to my tech person at school who also visits the site and she has the same thing happening to her when she accesses this site. She said the forum has been infected with Malware and a bad one at that. She says we were hacked.

Excuse me if I sound stupid but I'm technologically ignorant. I just know it's bad and it's not only me. What do we do??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Vinnydula Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:46 pm

syosnow94 wrote:I tried to PM sroc and Frank but it seems like it didn't go through so here's my message

For the past week when viewing this site at my computer or iPad at home I immediately get a message that I've been infected with spyware and I'm frozen into it without being able to do a thing.  I went to my tech person at school who also visits the site and she has the same thing happening to her when she accesses this site.  She said the forum has been infected with Malware and a bad one at that.  She says we were hacked.

Excuse me if I sound stupid but I'm technologically ignorant.  I just know it's bad and it's not only me.  What do we do??


Getting the same iuess here on moble
Vinnydula
Vinnydula
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 772
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Dobbs ferry

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Guest Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Yeah for me at school I'm fine. On my home computers or phone its impossible.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by jmanley32 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Yes frank on my phone it comes up often. Never at home though. The site def needs have a scan run.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18362
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by track17 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I have the same issues on my iPad and phone

track17

Posts : 454
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by brownie Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:17 pm

I get this constantly on my iPad as well.

brownie

Posts : 250
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-11-10
Location : Parsippany, NJ

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by sroc4 Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey guys. I just reached out to Frank and we will look into this

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6958
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by jwalsh Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 pm

I experience this issue sometimes, less often the past few days, while viewing the forum on my phone and on various other sites. The sites claiming that your device is infected with malware are scams. They are likely due to advertisements somewhere on the page, which are able to redirect you to a different site without even clicking on the ad. I doubt that this site is actually hacked, but it would be a good idea if at all possible to look into where the ads shown on this page are coming from.
jwalsh
jwalsh

Posts : 60
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Location : Commack, NY

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by jwalsh Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

@jwalsh wrote:I experience this issue sometimes, less often the past few days, while viewing the forum on my phone and on various other sites. The sites claiming that your device is infected with malware are scams. They are likely due to advertisements somewhere on the page, which are able to redirect you to a different site without even clicking on the ad. I doubt that this site is actually hacked, but it would be a good idea if at all possible to look into where the ads shown on this page are coming from.
I'll also add that the pages that are redirected to can range from anything to warnings about being infected with viruses to "congratulations" pages claiming that you have won a prize. These are all phony scams, and nothing bad will happen if you just close out of the tab and don't interact with the page.
jwalsh
jwalsh

Posts : 60
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18
Location : Commack, NY

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by sroc4 Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 am

Frank is working it. Apologies for any inconvenience.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6958
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

All...please read from forum support:

Hello,

What is happening there is likely a fake virus pop up triggered by an ad. The forum itself is NOT infected (all forumotion sites are securely hosted on secure servers and all login data is encrypted in a database), nor is the device itself likely infected at all.

It is simply a fake pop up triggered by a bad ad. If it happens again please tell your members to a screenshot of both the pop up and the ad being displayed and if possible the link to the ad.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20049
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by mikeypizano Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Azqdzg11

Ok, which one of you guys did this...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1019
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 32
Location : Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Quietace Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Tough semester so far.... Atmospheric Physics, Dynamics, NWP(Graduate Level), Met ins and obs, Research(For my NASA space grant scholarship), GIS class, and studying for the GRE....I need more caffeine lol.

_________________
Ryan
Ph.D  Candidate at FSU
M.S. in Meteorology from FSU
B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3615
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:50 pm

@Quietace wrote:Tough semester so far.... Atmospheric Physics, Dynamics, NWP(Graduate Level), Met ins and obs, Research(For my NASA space grant scholarship), GIS class, and studying for the GRE....I need more caffeine lol.

wow....that really is a heavy schedule...but just seeing how thorough and thoughtful you are with your posts...I know you can do it!! your family must be proud....do you need a cookie care package..I am sad this year..my son started junior high so no more class mom duties or baking duties.(only one or two events that need my help this year)..so I don't mind making a care package for you and your friends... Smile
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3013
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Quietace Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:58 pm

@weatherwatchermom wrote:
@Quietace wrote:Tough semester so far.... Atmospheric Physics, Dynamics, NWP(Graduate Level), Met ins and obs, Research(For my NASA space grant scholarship), GIS class, and studying for the GRE....I need more caffeine lol.

wow....that really is a heavy schedule...but just seeing how thorough and thoughtful you are with your posts...I know you can do it!! your family must be proud....do you need a cookie care package..I am sad this year..my son started junior  high so no more class mom duties or baking duties.(only one or two events that need my help this year)..so I don't mind making a care package for you and your friends... Smile
Your too nice! This is my last really crazy semester. Next semester is Dynamics again, Meso meteorology, Synoptic II, another graduate class, and current weather seminar so busy again, yet not as crazy mathematically as this semester. Finish line is close...

_________________
Ryan
Ph.D  Candidate at FSU
M.S. in Meteorology from FSU
B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3615
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

@Quietace wrote:
@weatherwatchermom wrote:
@Quietace wrote:Tough semester so far.... Atmospheric Physics, Dynamics, NWP(Graduate Level), Met ins and obs, Research(For my NASA space grant scholarship), GIS class, and studying for the GRE....I need more caffeine lol.

wow....that really is a heavy schedule...but just seeing how thorough and thoughtful you are with your posts...I know you can do it!! your family must be proud....do you need a cookie care package..I am sad this year..my son started junior  high so no more class mom duties or baking duties.(only one or two events that need my help this year)..so I don't mind making a care package for you and your friends... Smile
Your too nice! This is my last really crazy semester. Next semester is Dynamics again, Meso meteorology, Synoptic II, another graduate class, and current weather seminar so busy again, yet not as crazy mathematically as this semester. Finish line is close...

hey I am serious...pm your address at school and you will get a surprise package or two this semester!! I have been on the baking committee for the pto for the last 7 years...haven't poisoned anyone yet!!

weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3013
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by EnyapWeather Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Is anyone else excited for this "Geostorm" movie?
EnyapWeather
EnyapWeather

Posts : 57
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-12
Location : Bergen County NJ

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum