NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+52
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
NjWeatherGuy
moleson
lisalamb
lglickman1
GreyBeard
bloc1357
crippo84
SnowForest
Carter bk
jake732
sabamfa
SENJsnowman
MattyICE
SoulSingMG
hyde345
billg315
cooladi
Wheezer
Radz
skinsfan1177
Dunnzoo
Scullybutcher
Dtone
jimv45
CPcantmeasuresnow
RJB8525
Mathgod55
EnyapWeather
Quietace
jwalsh
brownie
Vinnydula
Grselig
mikeypizano
HectorO
gigs68
Math23x7
jmanley32
track17
rb924119
Frank_Wx
frank 638
sroc4
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
algae888
dkodgis
docstox12
amugs
nutleyblizzard
56 posters

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 33 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by dkodgis Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:28 pm

10:30. Coming down lightly. 32. I have 4 inches down.

dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 pm

I know this will be the last post on this page (and hence be forgotten) but this is something rather interesting:

Earlier today, I had a discussion with a colleague at work regarding the snow we had in the NYC region over the weekend. Since the snow struggles to stick in Manhattan, I took the subway north to see it stick to roads. Here was how it went:

Colleague: How was your weekend? It was hazardous driving Saturday night.
Me: Oh I'm sure it was....To get in on the heavier snow, I took the 4 train to Woodlawn and walked 3.5 miles from the Woodlawn subway station to the Wakefield subway station. It was quite the enjoyable experience.
Colleague: You crack me up!
Me: I took lots of pictures/videos
Colleague: You went looking for the snow? Well, you should share, I'm sure the pictures are beautiful.
Me: Yes
Colleague: You are the only person I know that goes looking for more snow and not just for skiing!

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 am

Math23x7 wrote:I know this will be the last post on this page (and hence be forgotten) but this is something rather interesting:

Earlier today, I had a discussion with a colleague at work regarding the snow we had in the NYC region over the weekend. Since the snow struggles to stick in Manhattan, I took the subway north to see it stick to roads. Here was how it went:

Me: Oh I'm sure it was....To get in on the heavier snow, I took the 4 train to Woodlawn and walked 3.5 miles from the Woodlawn subway station to the Wakefield subway station. It was quite the enjoyable experience.
Colleague: You went looking for the snow? Well, you should share, I'm sure the pictures are beautiful.
Colleague: You are the only person I know that goes looking for more snow and not just for skiing!
Laughing
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 am

Math23x7 wrote:I know this will be the last post on this page (and hence be forgotten) but this is something rather interesting:

Mike:

An interesting conversation but certainly what I would expect. As a snowcaholic and in your case a sometimes Warmacist, to discuss weather related matters especially our obsession with snow with non snowcaholics will only lead to weird looks, rolling eyes when you turn your head, and in the case of my wife comments like "why did you hide this snow obsession from me before we were married I might've said no when you asked had I only known".

You are young but you will learn in time who you can discuss these things with and who you can't. Other than people on this board I don't even mention my weather obsession with any clients, friends and most family.

Just like years ago gay people unfortunately had to stay in the closet as it was referred to, to be accepted in society, snowcaholics are still not accepted in mainstream society and for the most part we must remain in the closet when we are around the non believers. I hope this helps you in the future.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:46 pm

CP, the people here know I'm really into the snow. In fact, I often communicate with them about potential upcoming weather events. This was basically a reinforcement for my passion towards snow.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Math23x7 wrote:CP, the people here know I'm really into the snow.  In fact, I often communicate with them about potential upcoming weather events.  This was basically a reinforcement for my passion towards snow.

Mike:

After all these years you still take me way too literal at times.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:CP, the people here know I'm really into the snow.  In fact, I often communicate with them about potential upcoming weather events.  This was basically a reinforcement for my passion towards snow.

Mike:

After all these years you still take me way too literal at times.

Laughing

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Mike:

An interesting conversation but certainly what I would expect. As a snowcaholic and in your case a sometimes Warmacist, to discuss weather related matters especially our obsession with snow with non snowcaholics will only lead to weird looks, rolling eyes when you turn your head, and in the case of my wife comments like "why did you hide this snow obsession from me before we were married I might've said no when you asked had I only known".

You are young but you will learn in time who you can discuss these things with and who you can't. Other than people on this board I don't even mention my weather obsession with any clients, friends and most family.

Just like years ago gay people unfortunately had to stay in the closet as it was referred to, to be accepted in society, snowcaholics are still not accepted in mainstream society and for the most part we must remain in the closet when we are around the non believers. I hope this helps you in the future.

"Hello, my name is Doc and I'm a snowcaholic My obsession with snow began in December 1960, and as a 67 year old, has not gotten any better."

That would be my opening statement in a 12 step program for this addiction.I sympathize with CP as I was ridiculed by members of my own family, snow haters, who would sarcastically rub it in when snow changed to rain or an impending snowstorm went out to sea, with GLEE in their hearts, I might add! I was a lost snow lover until I found the old Channel 7 Board that became NJ Strong.In my attempt to aid and care for ailing snowcaholics, I joined other similarly affected individuals as a Founding Father of OTI, and created the OTI Sanitarium on my own initiative to help the forlornly lost snowcaholics during Mainland mild weather spells in winter such as the God awful one we are going through now.I shudder to think what would happen if MY wife ever read this information concerning myself, my few remaining meager belongings would no doubt be put out to the curb on the Orange Turnpike with a sign that would bring back memories of the old song "Hit The Road Jack'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY4jondX6tg
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:02 pm

For the ghost of Lloyd Lindsey Young's sake somebody please help me!!! I'm melting. Can't..take....the....heat...
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 pm

In the realm of wild, wacky weather, I offer the following for your consideration:

On Sunday, there was over 5 inches of new snow on my deck.Now, on Wednesday, I was just sitting on said deck in a t shirt in 70 degree temps.smoking a cigar.If the NWS forecast for tomorrow pans out, there will be 1/2 inch of sleet on that deck with temps in the low 30's! Folks, you just can't make this stuff up,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:25 pm

The warm day pushed the peepers over the edge. I am sitting outside listening to them right now.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am

dkodgis wrote:The warm day pushed the peepers over the edge. I am sitting outside listening to them right now.  

I believe we had this discussion last year. Kill the peepers and we put off spring. It seems like a small price to pay, except of course for the peepers.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:54 am

This looks to be the third consecutive year with premature warmth that will cause blooming early on only to get killed off by a frost/freeze. Don't be surprised if within the next week or so, Frost Advisories/Freeze Warnings are issued in some portions of the eastern US when the next deep trough comes in.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:31 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
dkodgis wrote:The warm day pushed the peepers over the edge. I am sitting outside listening to them right now.  

I believe we had this discussion last year. Kill the peepers and we put off spring. It seems like a small price to pay, except of course for the peepers.

Apologies for the ignorance, but who or what is a peeper.  Obviously you must kill them if it prolongs winter.  Sometimes what seem to be hard choices are truly easy when simplified. Although I would urge a quick painless death would be in order, unless of course a prolonged procedure acts to enhance winter.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 am

Why on earth wouldn’t we kill all the peepers? I mean it’s bad enough they go spying in people’s windows all the time, now I learn they contribute to the end of snow and winter as well? Seems simple. Surprised to hear they’re making noise too; usually they’re very quiet.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 am

To peep...or NOT to peep.
That is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,. Or to take arms against a sea of troubles. And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 am

From Wikipedia (though not a scholarly source, perhaps a popular one):

"The spring peeper (Pseudacris crucifer) is a small chorus frog widespread throughout the eastern United States and Canada. They are so called because of their chirping call that marks the beginning of spring."
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 33 Empty Alvin, Simon, Theodore

Post by dkodgis Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 am

And for a three-peep, has anyone noticed that the chipmunks have awoken?  Alvin, and the rest peel out, back and forth, on the stone wall behind my house.  Speaking seriously  for a moment, my understanding is chipmunks burrow and hibernate but they do wake up here and there to check out the action around them. With warmer winters, they are now not hibernating as much if at all; it is suggested they have a shorter life span because of the potential for skipping hibernation. My guess is global warming is putting the whammy on them because they can play Speed Racer longer and the Three Fates (Lachesis, Clotho, and Atropos) dispense, weave, and cut their threads of life sooner.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 am

Eat the peepers like the French and kill the monks. Alvin annoys me
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 am

dkodgis wrote:To peep...or NOT to peep.
That is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,. Or to take arms against a sea of troubles. And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep.

Very happy this morning to see all of the serious discussion last night regarding the Peepers.

I see the discussion has expanded to include peeping Toms and Chipmunks however no mentions of their manager Dave. I see him as the brains behind the chipmunks and as such should be the first to go.

If killing all of the aforementioned brings an end to another nightmare of a February then so be it. If I could somehow kill Orange County Othelia for a second time for her ridiculous call of ten more weeks of an apocalyptic end to winter I would. However barring a Pet Sematary like resurrection as per the Stephen King book, this is not possible. But the Peepers, the Peeping Toms and the Chipmunks are all alive and well and fair game. We have endured their heralding of an early spring for far to long. Death to all of them and the methods used should be at the discretion of each member. Snowcaholics unite, it's time to take matters into our own hands.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 33 28277410_1763894560308628_299803512497635722_n

hurryup

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 am

I know it's just one model, 8 days away but I need something to keep me going.

At least the peepers are quiet tonight, or dead?

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 33 Gem_as10
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:59 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I know it's just one model, 8 days away but I need something to keep me going.

Doesn't it snow until that Sunday on the GGEM? Lol #HECS
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am

the 00z cmc was crazy! wth did the gfs do, it had a lp, then one come in from the east to west out of nowhere drop to the SW then spun around and oy im dizzy lol. Guessing this is kinda what we want to see? Is the blocking what is causing all these nutty model runs?

Frank doing the freakout at 276 hrs....and years ago I got slapped for showing him ST at a get together at 300 hrs lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 am

SoulSingMG wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I know it's just one model, 8 days away but I need something to keep me going.

There ya go soul : ) Sign me up NOW, so it doesnt go away LOL

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 33 Gem_as11
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 am

jmanley32 wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:

Between that and the Euro, I'm IN. Thanks for the post, Jman. And yes, the blocking is the culprit.

bananadude
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 am

SoulSingMG wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:

Between that and the Euro, I'm IN. Thanks for the post, Jman. And yes, the blocking is the culprit.

bananadude
What did the Euro show? Have not seen any maps.

I think your reputation number is broken, how did you manage to get a -7 (I upped ya to a -6 with a like)? There is no dislike button and I have figured out or correct me if I am wrong that every like ups your reputation, shame on no one (cuz I do not see how that happened) soul is great : )
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum